Runaway

By FromJupiterToMercury

2019. You sometimes surprise yourself dreaming about living during a certain era, but it's impossible... Is i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapitre 13

Chapter 2

806 25 3
By FromJupiterToMercury

"Is she dead?"

"No look... I think she just moved."

"Oh man... Usually it's Richie who brings back drunk ladies here."

"Don't you dare say this in his presence David, or he'll throw a tantrum again."

You heard strangled laughs. It felt like your consciousness was 100% there, but your body didn't respond. Where were you? What happened? Your latest memory was you in your aunt's laboratory. Then bribes of you travelling in time and knocking at someone's door appeared, but it couldn't be real... Could it?

You slowly opened your eyes to see the blurry, at first, place you were in. You were on a couch, and your members hurt a bit, like the morning after a huge sport session. You felt something heavy on your forehead; something cold. It soothed you and you noticed your headache left. Your position was very comfortable, and you had to force yourself to not fall asleep again. You stirred and turned your face to the right to see two pairs of eyes studying you.

You suddenly sat in the couch. The cold cloth that was on your head fell on the floor in a loud thud. In front of you, sat on a living room table, two blond men. And you knew them. Of course, you knew them. The reality of the far, blurry memory that you associated not even two minutes ago to a dream hit you.

Maybe a minute of silence of eyeing each other passed, and one of the men stood and presented his hand to you: "Hi, I'm Jo-"

"Where are your toilets?" He looked at you in surprise. When he got up, you thoughtlessly followed his movement and did stand too; due to the proximity of the table and the couch, your faces were some centimetres away only.

His eyes widened; "Oh uh... It is at the end of the corridor. Do you-"

You turned, brushing his body in your movement and nearly hit the second man who was still sat with your legs when you walked past him; the blanket that was on your body fell in a stuffy puddle at your feet and you nearly tripped in it in your hurry. You heard one of them mumble something, flew through the corridor and locked yourself in the bathroom in the blink of an eye.

-

Jon's POV

"Man, what the fuck was that?"

"What? She seems lost that's all. You never woke up after a rough night or what?"

David frowned, not convinced by his roommate but didn't carry on. He didn't move; Jon picked up the blanket and went to the kitchen.

The last hour of his day had sure been uncommon. He had a maintenance job in a recording studio, and David in a shop. Today, they both had a day off, and planned to finish writing two or three songs by the end of the day. At a moment, someone rang the bell; and there she was, the girl who just locked herself in their bathroom, standing at his doorframe. At first, he thought it was another junkie who knocked at the wrong apartment. She was dishevelled and seemed lost. But something prevented him to close the door at her face, thing he usually did in those cases. He was about to ask her if she needed help when she opened her mouth... and fainted. He luckily caught her before she fell on the floor and brought her on the couch.

He smiled to himself. Van Halen. Maybe it was because the girl wore a Van Halen t-shirt that he didn't close the door directly.

-

You pinched the bridge of your nose. It felt like your life escaped you completely, and you didn't like that at all. You mindlessly put your hand on your pocket and felt a paper.

The first page of the newspaper.

You unfolded it, not really knowing what you wanted to see. And there it was. The date. The bloody date.

5th September 1984.

You weren't dreaming then. The reality lied in front of you; you travelled in time, landed in 1984, entered a building to ask for any help (like if someone could help you in that situation), and ended up knocking at the apartment of fucking Jon Bon Jovi and David Bryan. And before that, you were in your aunt's lab and...

Your aunt!

Where was she?

Why didn't you land together? You needed to find her back. But how? She could be anywhere in Newark. If you were still in Newark... And you weren't gonna stay in this bathroom all day. But what were you going to say?

"Hi, I'm y/n, I live in Newark, but not this Newark, the Newark of 2019. Yeah, cause actually I come from the future, where you and your group have been superstars for more than two decades. Anyway, I need to find back my aunt who I travelled with, the person who built our time machines, that are actually time-watches but anyway. And you, how are you?"

It couldn't happen like that. You needed to play a bit.

-

"Ha! Our little runaway!"

The word rang to your ears.

When you came back, you saw David was still sat on the table. Jon came in front of you, and put his hands on his sides, a huge smile painted on his face. Gosh, why was he so nice with you?

Both of them were looking at you.

Oh, yes. An answer.

You cleared your throat, not knowing where to start. "First of all, I'd like to apologize for... for..." For what? "...for this." David squinted. "I come from far away, I travelled with my aunt. It has been rough and... well you will find it really weird, but I blacked out arriving here and I woke up some streets away, so I entered the first building, and knocked at the first door I could find." You paused. You didn't lie after all. "Oh, and my name is y/n."

David spoke; you got his attention. "And where are you from?"

35 years in the future? "35 hours of travel." They both looked at each other. You didn't know if it was surprise, astonishment or suspicion. "And where is your aunt?" You watched your feet. "That's the thing. When I woke up, she wasn't there with me. And I don't know where to start looking for her, I don't know..." You stopped.

It was like it was the first time since you arrived here you actually listened to your emotions. But shit, you couldn't cry in front of them?

You felt hands on your shoulders and lifted your head.

"Come and sit, I just realised we've been asking you questions, but you don't have a clue of who we are!" You couldn't help but laugh at this. Jon apparently sensed your alarmed state, and you were grateful.

He led you to the couch, once again. "So, let me introduce myself. I'm Jon, I'm 22 and here is my flatmate, David." He waved at you, still not moving from his spot. You actually wondered if his ass was glued on the surface.

"We both share this beautiful apartment above a pretty den of drug addicts, with our other flatmate and one of David's colleague at the shop he works at and who's currently working. His name is Richie."

Oh my god, it was getting serious. You really were in the heart of it didn't you. Jon noticed the expression passing on your face and asked if you were ok. "Yeah yeah I am... integrating the information." Of course you were.

David turned and took sheets that were behind him. It was the biggest movement you saw him do since you arrived.

"One not-so-little thing Jon forgot to mention; we actually hope to not spend our lives living all together and working in shops. We are going to be rock stars." He took a proud face. "And know that you bothered us in our work." It wasn't said bitterly, but a point had been made.

Jon rolled his eyes and his cheeks turned pinker. He approached his face from David's; "Are you serious? Why did- Oh my god y/n I'm so sorry."

You laughed.

"So, I arrived in the home of future rock stars? I feel honoured." David raised his brows and looked at Jon. You decided to play. You advanced a bit in the couch in order to be closer to David, and planted your eyes in his, grinning. "Let me guess." You squinted your eyes and faked a deep concentration. He eyed you, not getting what you were doing. "You're the key-board player of the band." He suddenly moved back, mouth opened in surprise, a huge interrogation point on his face. You heard Jon gasp at your side. "I knew it. Not cool enough to be at the front of the stage, but you couldn't be the drummer; I'm sure I beat your ass at arm-wrestling." You pointed at his naked arms. "And I guess you can't play crossed out chords."

If you were in a cartoon, Jon's jaw would touch the floor. He looked at you, helpless. Who were you?

David closed his and gulped. You raised one eyebrow. He cleared his throat, and extended a hand to you. "Ma'am. Welcome to my life." You shook it and laughed.

Suddenly, the door opened. A tall man entered; he only noticed the third unusual person in his living room after closing the door. He stopped and moved a lock of brown, long hair, eyes opened in surprise.

David got up and took you by the shoulders at the same time. "Richie, here is y/n. Our new best friend." He looked at you. "And him? Can you guess his role in the band, or...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 34.4K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
19.8K 410 13
Y/n is John Lennon's younger sister, who's starting to develop a small crush on her best friend George Harrison, who also happens to be one of John's...
110K 1.2K 32
You live in California, LA to be exact. Your a youtuber with 500,000 subs. You love doing comedy, vlogs, and gaming. One day your invited to go to Th...
33.7K 604 16
Caleb Covington's daughter, Y/N Covington, forced to stay and live out her ghost days at her father's exclusive Hollywood Ghost Club after a tragic '...