Elysian Potter: The Forgotten...

By CapturedAngelNo19

What if Harry Potter had a twin sister? What if his parents had survived? What if she was forgotten? What if... More

An Introduction
Chapter One: Diagon Alley
Chapter Two: The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.
Chapter Three: The Sorting Hat.
Chapter Four: The Potions Master.
Chapter Five: Midnight Duel.
Chapter Six: Hallowe'en
Chapter Seven: Quidditch
Chapter Eight: The Mirror of Erised.
Chapter Nine: The Worst Birthday.
Chapter Ten: Dobby's Warning
Chapter Eleven: At Flourish and Blotts
Chapter Twelve: Poor Whomping Willow.
Chapter Fourteen: Mudbloods and Murmurs
Chapter Fifteen: The Death Day Party
Chapter Sixteen: The Writing on the Wall and Rogue Bludgers
Chapter Seventeen: Duelling and Polyjuice
Chapter Eighteen: The Chamber of Secrets.
Chapter Nineteen: A Message for Love.
Chapter Twenty: The Knight Bus.
Chapter Twenty-One: The Leaky Cauldron
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Dementor
Chapter Twenty-Three: Talons and Tea Leaves
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Boggart in the Wardrobe.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Black and Red
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Marauder's Map
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Patronus of a Queen.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Great Escape
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Of Snakes and Lions.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A New Home
Chapter Thirty: Ball at Malfoy Manor
Chapter Thirty-One: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dark Mark
Chapter Thirty-Three: Aboard the Hogwarts Express
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Tri-Wizard Tournament
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Thirty-Six: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and The Goblet of Fire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Champion from the Goblet
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Almost Five
Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task
Chapter Forty-One: First Task
Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball
Chapter Forty-Three: The Second Task.
Chapter Forty-Four: The Third Task.
Chapter Forty-Five: Flesh, Blood, Bone and Love
Chapter Forty-Six: The Bond Between Mother and Sons
Chapter Forty-Seven: Reunion.
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Aftermath
Chapter Fifty: Getting Set Up
Chapter Fifty-One: Welcome to Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Noble and Most Ancient Houses of Potter and Black.
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Pink Ballroom Gown.
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Hearing of Harry Potter
Chapter Fifty-Five: Return to the Castle
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Sorting Hats new Song
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Professor Umbridge.
Chapter Fifty-Eight: DA.
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Challenging the Queen
Going on Hold
Chapter Sixty: Detention With Umbridge.
Sixty-One: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
Chapter Sixty-Two: The DA and an Educational Decree

Chapter Thirteen: Gilderoy Lockhart

16.4K 496 461
By CapturedAngelNo19

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the Original Idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the Original idea for the fiction belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Elysian's Theme Song: Castle – Hasley

Chapter Thriteen: Gilderoy Lockhart

The Morning Sun broke through the horizon, filtering through the castle. Elysian heard her alarm buzz lightly on her dresser and felt something poking into her skin. Groaning, Elysian attempted to muster enough energy to left her head only to be confronted by Daphne and Pansy, who were holding her school robes out for her to take.

Dragging herself out of bed, Elysian was quick to get dressed. She then sat at her vanity and began doing her hair and makeup. Daphne and Pansy were waiting nervously behind her, waiting for some kind of sign that they could speak freely. Upon receiving this, Daphne jumped right in.

"Where were you last night? Draco, Neville and the Twins looked all over the train for you and you weren't at the Feast. Potter came in hallway through the Sorting and he was looking rather smug until Professor Snape looked at him."

Sighing, Elysian turned: "I arrived a little before the male Potter, having been dropped off by Madam Bones. The barrier had somehow closed between the twins entering and Ronald and Harry attempting to do the same. Professor Snape allowed me to return straight to my dorms as, unlike the idiot duo, I didn't break the status of Secrecy and embarrass myself."

"How did they break the Secrecy?" asked Pansy, internally fuming at the disrespect the Wizarding World had been shown.

"Arthur Weasley enchanted a muggle vehicle to fly, and – when the barrier closed, instead of waiting for someone or contacting the school – they decided to drive said flying car to Hogwarts, where is was caught in the Whomping Willow," explained Elysian, taking a sadistic pleasure in the memory of Harry and Ronald's discomfort.

There was silence for a few moments until, finally, Pansy spoke, her tone rather hesitant: "So, I guess you haven't heard the news then..."

"What news?"

"The newest Weasley scandal – Ginny Weasley was sorting into Slytherin!"

Elysian froze.

"I beg your pardon?" she said slowly, "Ginny Weasley was sorted into Slytherin?" Elysian growled. "It's not bad enough that I have to deal with her when I return to Potter Manor, now I have to deal with her in Slytherin?"

Daphne nodded along, annoyance written on her face just the same as Elysian.

"We were wondering what we should do," said Pansy.

"Well, we certainly can't trust her. Spread the word to everyone and make sure that they're on their guard. Ginny probably was told to ask the hat to put her in Slytherin so that the Potters and Dumbledore would have a spy inside."

The two girls nodded and Pansy quickly left the room to spread the word before the First Years woke up. Daphne, however, remained behind and she removed something from her robe pocket.

"There's something else..."

"What?"

"I found this," she handed Elysian a letter with the Slytherin Crest detailed over it. "Sitting just outside your dorm room."

"Thank you," Elysian said, accepting the letter.

Daphne was quick to leave after that, rushing to find Pansy and help her spread the word about Ginny. Elysian looked down at the letter and slowly scanned it for any harmful spells. Finding non, she broke the wax seal and pulled out the beautifully written letter within.

Lady Elysian Potter

She garments herself with a resilience

To even out the gloom of her troubles

For she has marks from previous struggles

These layers compliment her true brilliance

Elysian felt herself blush as she read the poem, seeing the parallels with her own life. The letter was anonymous but something told her that she'd be seeing a lot more of these in the future.

Committing the letter to her memory, Elysian grabbed her bottomless bag – Draco had bought it for her a while ago – stuffed all her books inside and exited her dorm room, where Ginny Weasley was waiting with her ear against the door. The moment Elysian stepped out Ginny was quick to try and explain herself only for Elysian to quiet her with a raise of her hand.

"Is there something I can help you with?" asked Elysian, her face and voice blank of emotions.

"No..."

Ginny sprinted away.

"Stupid girl," Elysian sighed before calling her group together and heading up to breakfast.

~EP~

Things started to go uphill from breakfast in the Great Hall. The four long house tables were laden with tureens of porridge, plates of kippers, mountains of toast and dishes of eggs and bacon, beneath the enchanted ceiling (today, a dull, cloudy grey). Elysian, Daphne and Theodore were sitting at the Slytherin table eating peacefully as Ginny Weasley sat across from them.

"Is everyone usually this quiet?" Ginny asked, closing her black diary.

"Only in the mornings," Elysian answered. "Now be quiet, somethings happening to your brother."

The owls flew overhead and Elysian instantly noticed the red letter that signified a howler. Immediately Elysian signed to all of the Slytherins and everyone turned their attention to the Gryffindor table just as Weasley opened the howler.

"STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILLL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT HAD GONE..."

Elysian was grinning like the Cheshire cat and Ginny could help blushing.

"... LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DDIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED..."

All the Slytherin's couldn't stop themselves chuckling.

"... ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED, YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

Everyone was silent. Instantly the Slytherins were lead out of the hall and the second years made their way out of the castle and towards the greenhouses where they would have herbology with Professor Sprout.

~EP~

Professor Sprout was a squat little witch who wore a patched hat over her flyaway hair; there was usually a large amount of earth on her clothes, and her fingernails would have made Aunt Petunia faint. Gilderoy Lockhart, however, was immaculate in sweeping robes of turquoise, his golden hair shining under a perfectly positioned turquoise hat with gold trimming.

Elysian didn't even look as Harry was taken out of Herbology before returning and the lesson was allowed to continue.

"We'll be re-potting Mandrakes today. Now, who can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?"

Hermione raised her hand and so did Daphne. Both looked at each other and decided to answer together.

"Mandrake or Mandragora, is a powerful restorative," said Hermione.

"It is used to return people who have been transfigured or cursed, to their original state," Daphne finished.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor and Slytherin," said Professor Sprout. "The Mandrake forms an essential part of most antidotes. It is also, however, dangerous. Who can tell me why?"

Elysian raised her hand and immediately Hermione and Daphne lowered the hands they had been ready to raise.

"The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to all whom hear it," said Elysian.

"Precisely. Take another ten points," Professor Sprout nodded. "Now everyone put on your earmuffs."

Putting on her green earmuffs Elysian easily pulled the Mandrake from its container and put it into another pot. She watched as her classmates did the same, noting with some amusement as many seemed ready to faint. The Mandrakes kicked, cries, waved their arms, they did everything they could as to stop themselves being potted again. Elysian completed her tasks and moved on to help Blaise, who's mandrake had kicked over his pot. He sent her a kind smile that twisted something within her as she held the pot steady and watched as he dropped the mandrake inside.

By the time class ended everyone was either whispering about Harry and Lockhart or about the pair of Gryffindors that fainted. Elysian and Blaise were chuckling together as Draco and Daphne joined them.

Professor Flitwick's class passed by in a flash and soon they were walking through the courtyard when Draco caught sight of Harry and another small Gryffindor.

"Signed Photos? You're giving out signed photos, Potter?"

Loud and Scathing, Draco's voice echoed around the courtyard. He stopped right behind the first-year, flanked, as always was at Hogwarts, by Crabbe and Goyle. Elysian, on Blaise's arm, strolled over and stood slightly behind the boys with a smirk.

"Everyone queue up!" he roared to the gathering crowd. "Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!"

Elysian could see the rage building up in Harry's face and knew what was going to happen next would be entertaining. She looked through the crowd and raised an eyebrow when she saw Ginny hiding behind a pillar, glaring at Blaise and Harry with a look of pure venom. Probably annoyed that she isn't also in the spotlight, thought Elysian.

"No, I'm not," said Harry angrily, his fist clenching. "Shut up, Malfoy."

"You're just jealous," piped up the first-year, whose entire body was as thick as Crabbe's neck.

"Jealous of what?" asked Elysian, stepping forward. "As far as I was aware, having a massive gash on your forehead isn't something to envy. I actually think it's more something to be ashamed of, after all. And it wasn't like my brother actually did anything to defeat Voldemort," everyone recoiled, "he simply sat there and cried."

The fight was knocked out of Colin and Harry after that since it was true. If anyone else other than Elysian had said that they would have fought but when the only other person who was actually there came forward and said it, no one had a comeback

Well... except for Ronald.

"Eat slugs, Malfoy," said Ronald.

Elysian laughed.

"Be careful, Weasley," sneered Draco. "You don't want to start any trouble or your mummy'll have to come and take you away from school." He put on a shrill voice. "If you put another toe out of line –"

A knot of Slytherin fifth-years nearby laughed loudly at this.

"Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter," smirked Draco as Elysian slipped her arm around his. "It'd be worth more than his family's whole house."

Ronald whipped out his Spellotaped wand, but Hermione shut Voyages with Vampires with a snap and whispered, "Look out!"

"What's all this, what's all this?" Gilderoy Lockhart was striding towards them, his turquoise robes swirling behind him, nowhere near as cool as Snape's. "Who's giving out signed photos?"

Elysian hid her giggle in Blaise's chest.

"Shouldn't have asked! We meet again, Harry!"

The Slytherin quintet disappeared into the crowd and rushed to return to their common room. They didn't have DADA until tomorrow so they had the option to make a quick getaway and not have to see Lockhart for another day as the Professor didn't have the guts to step into the Snake's nest. Elysian returned to her room with an arm full of books that the previous years had left behind for them, ready to study when she noticed another letter sitting on her desk.

Once again, she scanned it before breaking the seal. It read:

Elysian Potter

For she has seen true curses from Hades

Had to become her idol through trials

Her own hero she earns tretchent titles

Keeping her graciousness and beauty

If you wish to reply, simply hide from all eyes.

The second passage from the Art of War, Elysian grinned with a light blush. It was almost like someone was reading into her soul when they sent this as this was the book Elysian had lived her life by ever since she had first read it at age six.

There was only one place in the Slytherin Common Room that no one could see, no matter where they looked, and it was behind one of the largest bookcases. It was small enough that no one ever looked at it – unless you're Elysian and then you look everywhere for the slightest imperfection – but large enough that a letter could fit inside and be pulled out again.

Quickly, she grabbed a quill and ink and began writing.

Stranger

For her strength showed her light in her darkness

Her own demons became more powerful

As her words grew careful her thoughts hellful

By then she became an image, goddess

She found her true beauty in her struggle

And her story is hidden in this journal.

Elysian grinned and slipped out of her room to place it into the crevasse. She debated whether or not to remain and try and find the stranger but thought better as where was the fun in that? Besides, the only other people in the common room currently were Ginny, Blaise and Theo.

Returning to her room, Elysian settled down to study.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 1.5K 22
What if they knew Voldemort was coming? What if they had time to get out of the house? What would it have been like for Harry growing up with love in...
147K 3.4K 29
"I always though my life had two states: began as the most hopeless person in the world, then turned out that I could have a second chance. The probl...
263 7 17
what happened if harry potter has a sister? a twin sister... "i cant risk losing you, pls, pls stay." harry said quietly sobbing
95.6K 2K 77
What if Harry Potter has a twin sister ? what if others realize that she is no different form others . A tale of an ordinary witch with heroic family...