Dead Reckoning - A Gregorio d...

Por 23meraki

You are an ordinary senior college student. But on your first day, you get a video game which sends you to th... Más

Introduction
I - Mimeomia
II - Keyframe
III - Monachopsis
IV - Hanker Sore
V - Jouska
VI - Exulansis
VII - Semaphorism
VIII - Occhiolism
IX - Rückkehrunruhe
X - Kuebiko
XI - Pâro
XII - Adronitis
XIII - The Tilt Shift
XIV - Anecdoche
XV - Ellipsism
XVI - Daguerreologue
XVII - Lachesism
XVIII - Kairosclerosis
XIX - Heartworm
XX - Ecstatic Shock
XXI - Silience
XXII - Catoptric Tristesse
XXIII - Vellichor
XXIV - Sonder
XXV - Onism
XXVI - Liberosis
XXVII - Nighthawk
XXVIII - Kenopsia
XXIX - Fitzcarraldo
XXX - Altschmerz
XXXI - Mal de Coucou
XXXII - Midsummer
XXXIII - Gnossienne
XXXIV - Mauerbauertraurigkeit
XXXVI - Anemoia
XXXVII - Nodus Tollens
XXXVIII - Vemödalen
XXXIX - Chrysalism
XL - Ambedo
XLI - Rubatosis
XLII - Rigor Samsa
XLIII - Dead Reckoning
A/N: The Story behind "Dead Reckoning"
XLIV - Avenoir
XLV - Énouement
XLVI - Xeno
Bonus Chapter: Winter's Song
Bonus Chapter: Midnight Oil
Bonus Chapter: All Over Again
Bonus Chapter: Happiest Year
Next Book to Read
A/N
Important Announcement!
New A/N (12 May 2022)
#DeadReckoningat2
!!! (Updated 28 June 2022)
A/N (4 August 2022)
A/N (6 December 2022)
A/N (5 February 2023)
A/N (01 March 2023, New Project)
A/N (04 March 2023)

XXXV - Fata Organa

2.1K 101 177
Por 23meraki

n. a flash of real emotion glimpsed in someone sitting across the room, idly locked in the middle of some group conversation, their eyes glinting with vulnerability or quiet anticipation or cosmic boredom—as if you could see backstage through a gap in the curtains, watching stagehands holding their ropes at the ready, actors in costume mouthing their lines, fragments of bizarre sets waiting for some other production.

* * *

That following morning, I am surprised that it is just Goyo, Enteng and me for breakfast. Goyo is busy reading the newspapers as if what happened before dusk today and this very breakfast didn't happen, but, surprisingly, he had poured me a cup of coffee without any word. Enteng notices it but didn't comment about it and instead tells me that the others immediately head for patrol. Few minutes later, when the three of us are in the middle of our breakfast, a young boy comes rushing in the stairs and reports to us that the President is asking for his presence right away.

It is not a requirement for me to come, so I allow myself to stay and enjoy a silent breakfast. Goyo and Enteng come along with the boy in a hurry, but before leaving, I tell them to take care of themselves. And another surprise to me, Goyo turns back at me with a small smile, nodding.

I press my hands against my cheeks the moment that they are gone, feeling the heat creeping. I shake my head to stop myself from blushing. After all, a topic that I didn't breached a few hours ago with him is his courtship with Remedios and his love story with Felicidad. Maybe, I must ask him sooner or later; so that I can finally place a rest with this feeling that is only growing every moment that Goyo shows me an unexplained sincerity and compassion.

The two of them later returns back about two hours later, and I greet them. Along with them is Julian who can't keep his joy for himself and tells me of his promotion. Perhaps it is all due to his happiness that he immediately embraces me and I suddenly notice Goyo frowning. Before he can do something else, Julian pulls away from me and says that a party for his honor will be held that night, and I am invited because he asks me to come.

"P-Pero, wala akong damit para sa pista na iyon," I stutter because it is the truth, and I don't think that I am actually invited. "At talaga bang ayos lang na dumalo ako?"

Before Julian can say something, Goyo answers, "Hindi mo kailangan mag-alala tungkol doon. Personal kang inimbita ni Kuya na siyang pangunahing bisita at dahilan ng pista. At sa damit, hindi mo kailangan mag-alala. Si Kuya ang nagyaya sa iyo kaya siguro naisip niya na rin kung ano ang damit na maisusuot mo."

Julian looks bewildered at that, surprised that he needs to deal with such as well. He turns to Goyo and asks, "Naisip ko na?"

"Di ba, sabi mo baka may mga bagong gawang damit na babagay kay Pendejo?" Goyo raises an eyebrow at him.

"A-ah! Oo! Tama," Julian remarks and looks at me. "'Wag ka mag-alala tungkol doon, (Y/N). Papasuyo din namin na maayusan ka ni Maria kasama ng damit na susuotin mo para sa pista. Kaya talaga kailangan mo dumalo."

# # #

Later that afternoon, just about two hours before the party, a young woman named Maria, indeed, knocks against my door carrying a small bag containing the cosmetics of this time and a box where the tailored baro't saya that Julian had been talking about earlier. An hour later and Maria finished applying light make-up on my face and even tying my hair in an elegant bun with a matching butterfly pin to keep it on place. Next, she also helps me on the clear blue-colored gown with embedded small diamonds and intricate embroidery. And the moment that I am all garnered up, I almost wasn't able to recognize myself in front of the mirror; since the make-up and the dress bring forth the best of me. I thank her for her handiwork, and apologize that it will be destroyed by my unlady-like manner.

As the two of us exit my room, her accompanying me down the stairs, I stop for a second and so does she when we realize that Goyo is pacing back and forth at the end of the stairs. And a second later, he stops and looks at me, his eyes widening a little in surprise. I even notice him gulping in hard as I bite my lower lip and carefully make my way downstairs, afraid that I'll be tripping. In the end, when I make it to the last step, the two of us had been staring at each other intently that I didn't realize Maria is standing next to me.

She giggles a little and comments, "Heneral, bagay na bagay po kay Binibining (Y/N) ang damit na inyong napili. Maging yung para po sa buhok."

I freeze at that, causing me to turn to her slightly as she immediately covers her mouth after saying something that is supposed to be a secret, and then I return my gaze at Goyo, a little flush at the idea that it is him behind the idea of this ensemble. Shyly, I ask him myself, "T-Totoo ba yun? Yung sinabi ni Maria?"

He frowns a little in embarrassment and turns away slightly. "H-Hindi no! Di ba, sabi ni Kuya siya yung mamimili ng damit para sa iyo?" He eyes me and smirks. "At namumula't kinikilig ka naman na malaman kung ako ang namili ng damit na susuotin mo, ano?"

I pout, looking away. "Hmph! Tinatanong ko lang kung totoo."

"Maria, maraming salamat sa iyong tulong," Goyo remarks after a sigh.

Before leaving, Maria bites back a light laughter and bows at us. "Walang anuman, Heneral. Sana po'y masiyahan kayo sa pagsasalo. Kayo rin po, Binibini (Y/N)."

I ease a smile for her and nod. "Maraming salamat ulit, Maria."

"Aba! (Y/N), ikaw ba yan?" Julian remarks with astonishment as he moves down the stairs.

Enteng follows in tow, saying, "Nauna na sa pista ang iba. Napakabagal kasing kumilos nito ni Julian. Tignan mo. Nauna pa si (Y/N) sa iyo matapos."

I smile at the two of them and curtsy. "Dito pa lamang ay malugod na kitang binabati, Julian."

"Maraming salamat, (Y/N)," Julian replies with a grin. "Halika na at baka mahuli pa tayo. (Y/N), hayaan mong alalayan kita patungo sa pista. Talagang magaling mamili si Goyong sa kung ano ang babagay sa iyo."

I know that Goyo hears it but he didn't comment about it. Instead, I see some light on his eyes as the four of us start walking to where the party is being held. And I calmed my heart, afraid that it will only make me more anxious and shy around Goyo, and try to suppress myself from smiling too much at the knowledge.

# # #

When we arrive at the party, it is true that it is only us who've been missing. The musicians are playing continuous music as the guests start entertaining themselves with conversations and the food. And for us, as newly arrived ones, we are to meet the President personally, the rest of his closest advisors, and the richest and powerful men in this town who are invited, as always. Good thing that I manage to make an accceptable curtsy, and thankful that I am not wearing those heels compared to that time during prom.

I immediately notice the gathered guests, noticing the rest of the members of the seven musketeers dressed on their formal white uniforms, the same way that Goyo, Julian and Enteng are. I couldn't help but feel the gazes of the women upon seeing Goyo and hear their comments about him, asking themselves if one from them will be given the chance to have a dance with him; but I also see a few looking at my direction, glaring with disdain that I've arrived arm-to-arm with his older brother, and their whispers how a show our arrival is as if to pry rumors about what is between me and Goyo. And then the additional inquiry since everyone seems to know that Goyo had been courting Remedios for months already.

I didn't mind their gossips, trying to keep my smile on my face in my best effort to appear lady-like in the presence of others. Not to mention that my blue gown seems to attract attention since most of the women are dressed in earthly tones, and the only other woman who stands out is Remedios with her red gown. I will be saying that even if she wears the same earthly-tone, she'll still stand out with her beauty and elegance alone; the same way that Felicidad Aguinaldo, despite the rich brown color of hers, still emits that same vibrance and presence that she's not like the others.

I am too caught with it that I didn't realize the sudden change in music and everyone suddenly clearing away the space. Young men started asking young women for a dance. And since my eyes had been focused onto Remedios, I notice Goyo asking her. I immediately look away, biting my lower lip. As I turn around, I am surprise to almost come face-to-face with a stranger.

The young man immediately licks his lips and offers his hand to me. "Binibini, maari ba kitang maisayaw?"

I shiver, suddenly feeling scared at this sudden offer. I don't even have any intention to join the dance, or if I will ever do have that thought, I'll not take him as a partner after making me uncomfortable at once.

"Pasensya na, señor. Pero kasama ko siya, at napangakuan niya na ako ng sayaw," Isidro immediately cuts in from behind the young man, smiling with furious eyes. In the end, the young man moves away and leaves the two of us.

I manage to sigh heavily. "Salamat, Isidro."

"Walang anuman, (Y/N). At bilang pasasalamat, makisayaw tayo sa kanila."

"Hindi ako marunong sumayaw."

"Huwag ka mag-alala. Tutulungan kita."

I turn away from him for a second, wanting to tell him that I want to leave right now.

"Kailangan din natin mag-usap," he says.

* * *

A/N: Follow me on twitter @23meraki for more updates. And please! Try reading my story FLIGHT PLAN? Thank you so much! 😍❤️

#GoyoDeadReckoning || #GoyoAngBatangHeneralStories || #ProjectAguilaStories

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

21.8K 498 35
This is a new series of unrelated (perhaps some will be related in the future) one-shots. I receive requests in my PM inbox and reviews, and I write...
1.1K 129 13
Status: Complete We were told the love from a father is rare and if gotten should be cherished. I never knew I'd get mine with less stress. The love...
279 5 31
From a simple conversation happening between two Filipina astronauts, to an individual confessing his true feelings to the person he loves, to a fail...
121K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...