Elysian Potter: The Forgotten...

By CapturedAngelNo19

What if Harry Potter had a twin sister? What if his parents had survived? What if she was forgotten? What if... More

An Introduction
Chapter One: Diagon Alley
Chapter Two: The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.
Chapter Four: The Potions Master.
Chapter Five: Midnight Duel.
Chapter Six: Hallowe'en
Chapter Seven: Quidditch
Chapter Eight: The Mirror of Erised.
Chapter Nine: The Worst Birthday.
Chapter Ten: Dobby's Warning
Chapter Eleven: At Flourish and Blotts
Chapter Twelve: Poor Whomping Willow.
Chapter Thirteen: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter Fourteen: Mudbloods and Murmurs
Chapter Fifteen: The Death Day Party
Chapter Sixteen: The Writing on the Wall and Rogue Bludgers
Chapter Seventeen: Duelling and Polyjuice
Chapter Eighteen: The Chamber of Secrets.
Chapter Nineteen: A Message for Love.
Chapter Twenty: The Knight Bus.
Chapter Twenty-One: The Leaky Cauldron
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Dementor
Chapter Twenty-Three: Talons and Tea Leaves
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Boggart in the Wardrobe.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Black and Red
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Marauder's Map
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Patronus of a Queen.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Great Escape
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Of Snakes and Lions.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A New Home
Chapter Thirty: Ball at Malfoy Manor
Chapter Thirty-One: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dark Mark
Chapter Thirty-Three: Aboard the Hogwarts Express
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Tri-Wizard Tournament
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Thirty-Six: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and The Goblet of Fire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Champion from the Goblet
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Almost Five
Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task
Chapter Forty-One: First Task
Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball
Chapter Forty-Three: The Second Task.
Chapter Forty-Four: The Third Task.
Chapter Forty-Five: Flesh, Blood, Bone and Love
Chapter Forty-Six: The Bond Between Mother and Sons
Chapter Forty-Seven: Reunion.
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Aftermath
Chapter Fifty: Getting Set Up
Chapter Fifty-One: Welcome to Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Noble and Most Ancient Houses of Potter and Black.
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Pink Ballroom Gown.
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Hearing of Harry Potter
Chapter Fifty-Five: Return to the Castle
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Sorting Hats new Song
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Professor Umbridge.
Chapter Fifty-Eight: DA.
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Challenging the Queen
Going on Hold
Chapter Sixty: Detention With Umbridge.
Sixty-One: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
Chapter Sixty-Two: The DA and an Educational Decree

Chapter Three: The Sorting Hat.

25.6K 671 716
By CapturedAngelNo19

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor d I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Note: This story has been rewritten because I didn't think it was really up to my standards and I honestly forgot half of the subplots I was supposed to be adding into this story so I'm rewriting it all.

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Ellis

Chapter Three: The Sorting Hat.

The door swung open at once. A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood there. She had a very stern face and Elysian's first thought was that this was not someone to cross.

"The firs'-yars, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take it from here."

She pulled the door wide. The Entrance Hall was so big you could have fit the whole Potter Quiddich Pitch inside. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches like the ones at Gringotts, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble staircase facing them led to the upper floors.

They followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. Elysian could hear the drone of hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right – the rest of the school must already be here – but Professor McGonagall showed the first-years into a small empty chamber off the hall. They crowded in, standing rather closer together than they would usually have done, peering about nervously.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The star-of-term banquet will begin shortly, bit before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you're waiting."

Instantly Neville began to worry as Elysian spotted some of the vainer girls in the area pulling out small mirrors and checking themselves over.

"I shall return when we are ready for you," said Professor McGonagall. "Please wait quietly."

She left the chamber. Neville swallowed.

While everyone was fussing and trying to figure out what the Sorting Ceremony entailed, Elysian felt a sudden pull deep within her soul. It was almost like something was calling her from inside one of the paintings. Like Hogwarts herself was welcoming her home, as if she had only been away on a short trip. It was strange yet amazing and something Elysian had always felt missing from her home life.

Then something happened which made her jump about a foot in the air – several people behind her screamed.

"What the –?"

She gasped. So did the people around her – including her brother, though that was unnecessary since he had been told about Hogwarts long before attending. About twenty ghosts had just streamed through the back wall. Pearly-white and slightly transparent, they glided across the room talking to each other and hardly glancing at the first years. They seemed to be arguing. What looked like a fat little monk was saying, "Forgive and forget, I say, we ought to give him a second chance—"

"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gives us all a bad name and you know, he's not really even a ghost – I say what are you all doing here?"

A ghost wearing a ruff and tights had suddenly noticed the first-years.

Nobody answered.

"New students!" said the Fat Friar, smiling around at them. "About to be sorted, I suppose?"

A few people, Neville and Hermione included, nodded mutely.

"Hope to see you in Hufflepuff!" said the Friar. "My old house, you know."

Hopefully, you'll be seeing Neville, thought Elysian as she glanced at her best friend. Not only was it the best house for him but it would also allow her to gain a spy within one of the houses without having to take the time to actually befriend someone and judge them. Of course, she knew her reasons were rather selfish but so did Neville and everyone else so it wasn't like it was shocking anyway.

"Move alone now," said a sharp voice. "The Sorting Ceremony's about to start."

Professor McGonagall had returned. One by one, the ghosts floated away though the opposite wall.

"Now, form a line," Professor McGonagall told the first-years, snapping Elysian from her musing as she watched the last ghost disappear and felt Neville pull her into the line, "and follow me."

They walked out of the chamber in silence and back across the hall, through a pair of double doors into the mystical room called the Great Hall.

It was lit by thousands and thousands of candles which were floating in mid-air over four long tables, where the rest of the student body were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets. At the top of the Hall was another long table were the teachers were sitting. Professor McGonagall led the first-years up here, so that they came to a halt in a line facing the other students, with the teachers behind them. The hundreds of faces staring at them looked like pale lanterns in the flickering candlelight. Dotted here and there among the students, the ghosts shone misty silver. Mainly to avoid all the staring eyes, the first-years chose to star at the ceiling where they saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. Elysian heard Hermione, who happened to be in front of her, whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside, I read about it in Hogwarts: A History."

It was hard to believe that there was a ceiling there at all.

Suddenly an old voice began to sing as everyone turned their attention to a hat that was sitting on a stool.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

if you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folks use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," said McGonagall. "Abbot, Hannah!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Bones, Susan!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Boot, Terry!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Brocklehurst, Mandy!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Brown, Lavender!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Bulstrode, Millicent!"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Granger, Hermione!"

Elysian wished her a quiet good luck and watched as the muggleborn witch walked up to the hat. It only took a few seconds for it to yell out:

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Elysian chose to ignore all of the others until it came to Neville's sorting. She was so happy when the hat yelled out:

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Then it got to the point Elysian had been dreading.

"Potter, Harry!"

Her brother confidently strode over to the hat and smirked as it was placed on his head. It only took a second for the hat to call out Gryffindor, then it was her turn.

"Potter, Elysian!"

Everyone seemed so confused about what was going on as Elysian walked over to the sorting hat and sat down on the stool.

"Ah, a worthy Potter at last. Welcome home my dear. Now let's see... Your brave but not brash so Gryffindor would be a poor fit for you my dear, your loyal to those whom earn it – I respect that – Hufflepuff is out of the question. You love to learn and your very ambitious, so what shall it be my dear? Slytherin or Ravenclaw?"

Thinking for a few seconds, Elysian realised that this was the only way she could distance herself from her 'family' and create a life for herself. So, it wasn't too shocking for her and her friends when the hat yelled out, "SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherin table instantly broke out into applause, the twins and Neville and Hermione joining in as well, as she was happily welcomed over to their table and seated in between Draco Malfoy and Theodore Knott. Her brother looked like he was about to throw up causing a sly grin to slip onto Elysian's face as she watched the rest of the sorting.

Once the sorting had finished, Albus Dumbledore got to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

Elysian, however, spotted the dark look in his twinkling eyes and knew that she had been the cause. Dumbledore had been coaxing her for years in order to get her into Gryffindor like her brother and Elysian had been quick to figure out the reason why. Dumbledore was having doubts: he was doubting Harry as the Chosen One and wanted to make sure he had a Potter twin under each wing just encase. It was a smart plan but the execution was lacking. He was very obvious.

"Welcome!" he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few worlds. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

"Thank you!"

He sat back down. Everybody clapped and cheered. Elysian didn't know whether to laugh or not.

"Is he insane?" she asked the girl next to her quietly.

"My father says so, so I'd assume so," she replied. "Where are my manners? Merry meet, I am Heiress Daphne Greengrass of the Noble House of Greengrass."

"Merry meet Heiress Greengrass of the Noble House of Greengrass. I am Heiress Elysian Potter of the Ancient and Noble House of Potter, a pleasure."

"Pleasure is mine," the two shook hands.

"Who knew a Potter could have manners," a familiar voice snarked.

"Who knew a Malfoy couldn't," Elysian smirked right back. "Lovely to see you again Draco."

"You too Ely," said the blonde, throwing an arm around her shoulder as they began to eat.

"Merry meet Heir Malfoy," said Daphne.

"Merry meet Heiress Greengrass."

"Right, now that the three of us are introduced, can we drop the formalities? We are, after all, of the same house."

"Very true Elysian," said Draco with a grin.

"You are correct," said Daphne.

"Good, now let's eat."

Suddenly, the ghost from earlier entered the Great Hall. They quickly separated as one of the ghosts came gliding over to the Slytherin table. He had wide, staring eyes and a gaunt face. His robes were covered in silver bloodstains and he wore clanking chains that reminded Elysian of Jacob Marley from Christmas Carol.

"Good evening, children," said the ghost in a slow and sorrowful voice.

"Good evening Mr Bloody Baron Sir," said some of the older years, their voices trembling slightly.

The ghost simple nodded, seemingly unaffected by their fear, and turned towards the three new friends, his staring eyes fixated on Elysian. He didn't speak and instead floated back up into the air before leaving the Great Hall leaving everyone in Slytherin to exhale in relief.

"What's wrong?" Elysian asked, ignoring the way the Baron had stared at her.

"The Baron... he can be very scary... when angry," said one of the second years.

"He's absolutely terrifying," said another one.

"So? He's a member of Slytherin," said Draco with a raised and perfectly plucked eyebrow.

"So! He's terrifying!"

"Let's all agree to disagree on that point," said Elysian with a smirk.

"You do not find him scary?" Daphne asked, drawing Elysian's attention towards her.

"Nope. I've met kittens scarier than him – and that's because the kittens were alive and could physically hurt you."

"Oh... that's actually a good point," said a seventh year.

At last, the puddings disappeared and Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The Hall fell silent.

"Ahem – just a few more words now we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

"First-years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."

Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed towards the Weasley twins. Elysian shook her head at the pair who she knew went there in order to find their own Ares.

"I have also been asked by Mr Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house team should contact Madam Hooch.

"And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish for a painful death."

Or, for those with half a brain and only use one eighty sixth of it, 'this corridor holds something interesting, please go and look at it! Thought Elysian as she glanced over to her brother whom was already planning different ways to sneak up there.

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" cried Dumbledore. Elysian noticed that the other teachers' smiles had become rather fixed.

Dumbledore gave his wand a little flick as if he was trying to get something to fly off the end and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself snake-like into words.

"Everyone pick their favourite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!"

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,

Whether we be old and bald

Or young with scabby knees,

Our heads could do with filling

With interesting stuff,

For now they're bare and full of air,

Dead flies and bits of fluff,

So teach us things worth knowing,

Bring back what we've forgot,

Just do your best, we'll do the ret,

And learn until our brains rot."

Everyone finished the song at different times, though Slytherin house didn't sing. At last, only the Weasley twins were left singing along to a very slow funeral march. Dumbledore conducted their last few lines with his wand, and when they finished, he was one of those who clapped loudest.

"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

The Slytherin first-years followed Marcus Flint through the chattering crowds, out of the Great Hall and down a set of stairs next to the marble staircase. They walked towards a beautiful painting of a black snake with ruby eyes before stopping.

"Passssword?"

"Breaker of Chains," Marcus stated.

"Accepted."

The portrait flew open revealing a beautiful green and silver common room. Everyone quickly gathered inside while Marcus stood on top of one of the tables and looked everyone over. He seemed to snarl lightly at everyone before opening his mouth to speak, saying, "Welcome to Slytherin House, the best of Hogwarts Four! I am Markus Flint sixth year Prefect and am responsible for you little toe rags. Now we have five rules here and if you don't follow them... let's just say it isn't pretty and leave it at that.

"Rule one, Slytherin stick together. Doesn't matter who you are or who you're related to outside of this house, we are a unit and will act as one and protect each other.

"Rule two, never get caught: if you decide to pull a prank or get revenge on anyone outside of this house then you better not let yourself be found out! Professor Snape hates having to give his house detentions.

"Rule three, what happens in Slytherin stays in Slytherin! We must be united against the bias of the rest of the school. If you have a problem with anyone while your in the common room or alone that's fine but anywhere else? You're going to act like best friends!

"Rule four, don't embarrass Slytherin. Don't act like you know it all and don't go out of your way to make yourself the centre of attention!

"Rule five, and probably the most important, no talk of the Dark Lord!"

Everyone immediately tensed at that.

"Look, I know most of you have family who worked with the Dark Lord, I understand. We have enough problems with everyone assuming that we're going to be Death Eaters if the Dark Lord returns, we don't need anyone confirming or denying this. Ignore it."

The Slytherins all nodded in agreement.

"Right, girls are up the stairs to the left, boys are down the stairs to the right. Boys are not allowed in a girl's dorm and vice versa, the school will know and will stop you. It's one person to each room and your names are on the doors with all your stuff already inside. Tomorrow Professor Snape will arrive at six sharp to speak to everyone privately and then you'll go to breakfast. Dismissed."

Elysian and Daphne headed up the stairs and down a torch lit corridor towards a long hallway full of doors. There were archways at the beginning of each corridor with signs above them which told them the year that slept there. Soon they discovered the first-year dorm areas and immediately set about finding their rooms. Elysian was the first to discover her room, seeing as it was right next to the arch-way, and then Daphne, who was the door across from Elysian. The two bid each other a quick goodnight before heading inside.

Ares was already fast asleep on the king-sized cat bed Elysian had bought him. Smiling, Elysian slipped into the shower, changed into her green pyjamas and snuggled into the four-poster bed on the west wall. One thought played on her mind before she fell asleep, what are my parents going to do now?

~EP~

James Potter was livid, how dare his daughter disgrace the name Potter? Hadn't they given her enough? He had every mind to charge down there and drag her home. It was only his wife's calming words that stopped him doing so.

"We have to do something!" James roared.

"All sorting's are final, we can't do anything."

"What about disowning her?"

"And prove to scum like Malfoy that their right? That we are hypocritical fools? No."

"Then what do we do?"

"We cosy up to her. Make her one of the family again; with her in the snakes den we have the chance of making sure Harry is always safe. She will be our spy on the inside," Lily planned. "We could even slip her some potions or have Dumbledore cast a few charms on her if she's stubborn."

"What would I do without you love?" James asked kissing her lightly.

"Let's not dwell on that," Lily grinned. The cogs in her mind were ticking over as she planned the myriad of ways she would coerce her daughter in to doing everything the Potter family wanted. A small shred of guilt built in her gut at the thought of doing this to her daughter, but it was quickly dismissed. Harry was her priority.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.5K 46
What if James Potter had a sister, who had been fighting for her nephew and her beloved fiancé since the night her brother was stolen from her? This...
1.6M 27.2K 30
Take a second and imagine that Harry Potter had a twin sister. This would leave you with alot of questions I'm sure. Did she die? Why didn't Hagrid t...
6.5K 198 30
You all have seen the 'What if Harry Potter had a twin sister' fanfiction. However this one is possibly more extreme than most you will read. Harry's...
78.4K 1.5K 22
What if they knew Voldemort was coming? What if they had time to get out of the house? What would it have been like for Harry growing up with love in...