~Little Mikaelson~ [Book 1]

By HayleyMikaelson

She's the daughter of the oldest hybrid in the world, Niklaus Mikaelson. Her father is the King of New Orlea... More

~Little Mikaelson~
Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ Changing Tides
Chapter 2 ~ We Live To Die
Chapter 3 ~ Fearful Hearts
Chapter 4 ~ Old Friends, New Problems
Chapter 5 ~ The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
Chapter 6 ~ Time after Time
Chapter 7 ~ Welcome to the World
Chapter 8 ~ Visting time!
Chapter 9 ~ Taken: Part 1
Chapter 10 ~ Taken: Part 2
Chapter 11 ~ Taken: Part 3
Chapter 12 ~ Taken: Part 4
The Devil's Wife (review)
Chapter 13 ~ One Big Happy Family!
Chapter 14 ~ What's done is Done.
Chapter 15 ~ Adriana
Chapter 16 ~ Night Time
Chapter 17 ~ Long Time No Kill
Chapter 18 ~ Kidnapped
Chapter 19 ~ Fighting for Family
Chapter 20 ~ Home Sweet Home?
To The Haters & my non-haters!!
Chapter 21 ~ Where she belongs
Chapter 22 ~ Problem to your solution
Chapter 23 ~ Let go
Chapter 24 ~ Ghost of the Past
Chapter 25 ~ Qui habitas in parte Part 1.
Chapter 26 ~ Recoiled (Part 2/2)
Chapter 27 ~ From the House to a Grave
Little Mikaelson Q&A!! - CLOSED
Audition a Character!
Chapter 28 ~ Live, Laugh, and Kill
Chapter 29 Part .1 ~ When You Love A Friend
Chapter 30 ~ Family Ties (2/2)
Chapter 31 ~ Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 32 ~ Black Hole
Chapter 33 -- Northern Rose
Chapter 34 PROMO
Chapter 34 ~ Murder House Ball (part 1/2)
Chapter 35~ Death is a Virtue (Part 2/2)
Chapter 36 ~ The World Has Turned Upside Down
Chapter 37 ~ Everything Changes
Chapter 38 ~ Never, Ever, In This Endeavor
Chapter 39 ~ Oh Baby I
30K READS!!!
Updating Info
Chapter 40 ~ This Black Heart of Mine is Breaking
New Cover // Update Info!
Chapter 41 ~ Butterfly Kisses and Snake Bites
Chapter 42 ~ Feathers of an Angel
Chapter 43 ~ Darkness on the Horizon
Epilouge
Ending Note
Questions & Answers With The Author!
~Dark Mikaelson~

Chapter 44 ~ Always Isn't Forever

1.1K 23 4
By HayleyMikaelson

A/N: Enjoy the Finale! <3

Adriana's POV

We stand in the middle of the yard, looking at the giant old building that is Astra's lair. The wind is blowing, causing my family and I's hair to blow behind us. The smell of wolves, vampires, witches, and humans is thick in the air. I close my eyes, and become centered with my werewolf and witch side, and take in deep breaths. There are no sounds, and everything is still and quiet - as if everything can sense the fight that is about to happen.

Focusing, the sound of doors opening and closing inside of the building and the leaves crunching makes my eyes snap open. Astra, Samuel, and Mikael are standing roughly fifty feet from us. I hold my chin up, and square my shoulders as I stare at them. Astra, Samuel, and Mikael being out isn't supposed to happen in the plan, but plans change.

She smirks, and looks at my family and I, and day-walkers emerge behind us along with Marcel. "I see you've brought friends." Astra says, and her eyes dart over all of us. "To what do I owe this amazing displeasure?" She asks, and I can hear her heartbeat rising.

Smirking back at her, I look at her with a death glare. The only thing I feel for her is anger, hate, and the strong, overwhelming feeling to kill her. "Revenge." I say simply, and clench my jaw.

Astra laughs her sick cackle, and it runs through my body like fuel. "As if this petty group could kill me and my men. When will you all learn that you cannot beat me? My army can take you and your... Family without blinking." The way she says family is like it's the worst word in the world.

Keeping the smirk on my face, I look her dead in the eye. "We'll see about that." Not flinching, I don't drop my eyes from hers and her heart rate rises even more.

She raises her hands, and vampires jump from the windows and witches stride out. Large, burly men and strong women walk out and I can tell instantly that they are wolves. Even humans walk out, and they are clutching weapons that can kill vampires in a second. Overall, there is over a hundred people behind Astra.

Not letting my nerves and surprise show, I glance over at my family and they are analyzing the fighters. Looking back over at Astra, I let out a growl and clench my hands into fists. "Vestra pugna iustus coepit." Astra tiles her head in confusion and wonder, and that is all that I need.

My hands fly up, my palms facing Astra and her army. They all grab their heads, and fall to the ground in crippling pain. I focus more, and I can feel a magical block around Astra, Mikael, and Samuel. My magic just bounces off of the wall, and I can growl in frustration. "Now!" I yell, and my family and allies dash forwards and attack them head on.

Heads roll on the ground, and hearts lay scattered on the ground. Astra screams in anger, and she thrusts her hand towards me and I fly through the air and smash into a tree. The tree shatters like glass, and I land hard on the ground, my magic ends when I hit the tree. Groaning, I look up and see my family being surrounded by Astra's army. Within seconds, hissing, growling, and the sound of things ripping echo's through the air.

Snarling, I dash up and enter the fight by snapping a vampire's neck. Two wolves lunge at me, but I extend a hand and they freeze unable to move. I raise them into the air and snap their necks, before throwing them into their friends. The witches are conscience now, and they start to use magic. Everyone on my side is crippled in pain, and with a growl I throw them against the building with a wave of my hand.

Turning, I knock a few wolves and vampires out, before turning to Z. She hisses, and lunges at Aunt Rebekah and knocks her to the ground. I stand back, and observe their fight. Aunt Rebekah grabs her by the throat and has pinned against a tree in a flash. She hisses and goes to snap Z's neck when Z grabs her hand and head butts her hard, before pushing her back. She then grabs onto a large stick and rams it through my Aunt's stomach.

Aunt Rebekah gasps, and then grabs the stick and rips it out before ramming it through Z's chest. "Game over, Laurena." She whispers in her ear, and her body turns white and all the veins in her body show and roll up before she falls to the ground dead. Aunt Rebekah turns to face me, and we exchange a nod. She then turns and dashes off to help Marcel fight off some vampires and wolves.

Suddenly, I fly to the side and land hard on the ground, and my shoulder is slashed open by a large wolf. Rolling over, I'm shocked that it's in wolf form, but I don't waste any time fighting it off. Grabbing its muzzle and keep it open as it snarls and tries to bite me.

Its long claws pierce through my shoulders and arms, and gasping my first instinct is to use magic. But, instead, I ram its mouth closed with one hand and start to choke it, before flipping over and elbowing it a few times.

Then, without blinking, I snap its neck before jumping up. Staring down at it, I blink a few times before wiping the blood off my arms and shoulders. Swallowing hard, my eyes dart over the fight looking for Astra or Mikael. I spot Mikael and my dad fighting, and my heart drops to my stomach when I see that Mikael has the white oak stake.

Grabbing onto the first object I see, a large pipe, I launch it at Mikael and it hits Mikael in the side and he is thrown to the side. Dad looks over at me, I smirk before turning and seeking out Astra. Spotting her, I notice that she is fighting with Briar and winning.

Without hesitating, I dash at Astra and thrust my hand at her and channel all my anger and hate to her into my hand. I can feel the energy flow through my body and ripple out, before engulfing Astra.

My magic shatters her block, and she gasps and falls to her knees in pain and her eyes are bulging, her skin is pale and her ears start to bleed "Who's winning now?" I snarl, and Briar looks over at me shocked.

I look over at Briar, a dark and wicked expression on my face and flowing through me. "Go help my family." I say, and she nods before dashing away.

Turning back to Astra, I catch Uncle Elijah out of the corner of my eye fighting his way into the building followed by Samuel. Smirking, my full attention is changed to my biggest enemy. She isn't even moving she is in so much pain, and is paralyzed from it. "I can kill you right now and not even think twice about it." The snarl in my voice makes her stare at me in shock, and fear.

"Do it. Kill me and your mother." She chokes out, and I look at her in shock. Realizing what that means, I release her and growl. "I linked your mother and I. Kill me, you kill her. So go ahead, do it." She says evilly, and stands up the pain obviously not affecting her anymore. "I dare you." She takes a step closer to me, and we stare at each other. Both of our eyes filled with rage and hate.

Tears leap to my eyes, but they're not tears of sadness but of anger and rage. Clenching my jaw, our faces are only inches apart and I can feel her breath. My fangs slide out, and I growl angrily. I can feel all the emotions stirring inside of me just come rushing to the surface. Anger, frustration, and most of all... Hatred. I can't keep it in, and I let out a loud roar. The ground trembles, and all the wolves yelp and fall to the ground.

Magic ripples out of my body, and every spell within miles of me ends. My eyes snap open and are blood red and gold, and I keep roaring before it ends and is replaced with a deadly growl and snarl. My mouth waters for her blood, and I hiss before lunging forwards and ripping into her neck with no mercy. Astra screams, and I am ripped off of her by Mikael and thrown aside.

I jump up in a blur, and snarl at him. Mikael heals Astra with his blood, and I look around quickly for my dad. I spot him staring at me, and I look at him long and hard. He is by my side in a flash, and he is breathing hard. "Your roar stopped the white oak stake from working, I would've died if you hadn't stopped it." He said, and I notice that I am crying hard and that blood is dripping from chin.

Swallowing hard, Aunt Rebekah and Briar along with Marcel are beside me in a flash. Astra's army is demolished, and they are all either dead or unconscious. "I want to kill Astra. But Mikael has to die first." I say to them, and wipe the blood off my mouth and chin. Everyone exchanges a look, before nodding.

Dad nods, and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Be careful, but don't let her get away alive." He says, and I nod and we stare at each other for a long time, our identical blue eyes saying more than we ever could. "I love you, my littlest wolf." He says, and I smile softly.

"I love you too, dad." I smile and give his hand a squeeze, before turning to the rest of my family. "Briar, Marcel, go see if Uncle Elijah needs help, Dad, Aunt Rebekah, kill Mikael." We all exchange a look, before Briar and Marcel dash into the building.

Mikael starts to follow them, but Astra raises her hand and he stops. "Don't. They won't last in there anyway. You're needed out here. After a thousand years, you finally get to kill your son." She says coldly, and Mikael growls.

"He is not my son." Was his only response, and he picks up the White Oak Stake and clutches it in his hand. Turning to us, there is hatred and rage in his eyes for dad and me, but when he gets to Aunt Rebekah his hatred is gone. "Rebekah. My daughter... Go, I only want the bastard not you." He says, and points to dad.

She tears up, and steps forwards. "After all these years, you still don't get it do you?" She asks, and Mikael tilts his head curiously. "Nik is my family. If you are after him, then you are after me." She says, and Mikael looks down, a sad and regretful expression on his face.

"I see..." His voice trails off, and manages to give me chills. He then looks back up, and his true form starts to show through. "Then I suppose I will have to kill you to, Rebekah." He then dashes forwards, and jumps into the air and the White Oak Stake in his hand.

He is headed straight for my dad, and without blinking I jump up and knock Mikael out of the air and we land hard on the ground. We roll, and I dig my claws into his sides and then pin him to the ground, my magic helping to hold him. Looking around for the stake, I see it a few feet away. Holding out one hand, the stake flies into and I turn and strike down at Mikael.

However, he manages to break out of my spell and grab the stake. He then pushes upwards, and backhands me. I fall to the side, my cheekbone broken and my head cracks against the ground hard. My ears start to ring, I can feel Mikael turning me over onto my back. The next thing I feel is the sharp tip of the stake digging into my chest, and I scream out of rage and shock.

I then grab his hands and let my claws slide out, before headbutting him and kicking him off of me. Luckily, the stake rips out before it can hit my heart. Jumping up, I growl and he jumps to his feet in a flash. Dad starts to move towards Mikael, but I hold up one hand. "Go find mom. I got this." With a snarl, I ball my hands into fists.

Dad looks at me and then at Mikael and back again. His hesitance is clear, and I turn and nod to him. "I'll be fine. I owe him a good ass kicking anyway." He smirks, and nods before dashing into Astra's building and I can hear walls breaking and head rolling from outside.

Aunt Rebekah dashes after him, and now it's just Astra, Mikael, and I outside. Mikael is beside Astra in a flash, and I turn around and glare at them both. "Aw, look at you two - you're adorable together! Two psychopaths really do look good together. Esther must be so proud of you, Mikael." I smirk, and he growls in response. "Now, I might actually get a good point with her when I tear you apart." I smirk, and tilt my heads slightly.

He goes to lunge at me but Astra grabs his arm, and he stops. "No. Not yet. I want a chance to kill her before you finish her off." She sneers at me, and Mikael grumbles but complies and hands her the stake.

Kill Astra, get the stake, then kill Mikael. In that order. How hard can it be to take down a two hundred year old witch and a thousand year old Original Vampire? A sharp pain of fear strikes my heart, but I swallow it and shake it off. "The only one dying here, is going to be you two." I say with a sneer.

"Well? Are we going to stand around talking, or is there going to a fight? I do have somewhere to be shortly. What was it again, Mikael?" She pretends to think, and then nods. "Oh, wait, that's right... I still have to dig your family's graves." Astra says with a deadly smirk.

I yell out in anger, before thrusting one hand out and she falls to the ground in crippling pain. Mikael starts to advance towards me, but I hold out my other hand and paralyze him.

"I think you need a nap, Grandpa." I sneer the word Grandpa, before twisting my hand and snapping his neck with ease. He falls to the ground, and I turn all my attention and power to Astra.

She yells out in anger and pain, before looking up at me fearfully. "She will bring death to all witches..." She murmurs, and I tilt my head to the side curiously, and wrinkle my brow.

That split second where my focus wavered, Astra uses it for her advantage and waves her hand and sends me stumbling backgrounds. I then trip over a rock and fall hard to the ground. But as soon as I touch the ground I do a backwards roll and crouch low to the ground, my eyes staring at the ground.

My eyes turn gold, and I can feel the magic inside of me start to unravel, and the strength of the vampire blood fueling my magic. The werewolf gene sparks my rage, and every ounce of my body is trembling from anger and magic. I dig my hands into the damp ground, the soil engulfing my hands and grounding me. I let out a breath, and then slowly look up, my hair falling out of my face I stare at Astra. I stand up and my eyes stay gold, and Astra's eyes widen.

She tries to use magic on me, but holding out one hand somehow I manage to take her magic in. "Death is too sweet for you. A witch's worst nightmare is becoming normal, a human. That is your punishment; losing everything that makes you strong, alive, and powerful." My voice is careful and firm, but there isn't any anger or pain in it.

Astra gasps, and drops her hand and backs up and I walk forwards. "No... No. No! You cannot take my powers, I'm two hundred and forty five years old! I'm stronger then you are!" She yells, and clutches the stake tightly.

A coy smile drifts over my face. "You may be two hundred years old, but I am much stronger then you are." I retort, and I eye the stake, knowing that I would need it later to kill Mikael.

"H-how? How is that possible?" Astra asks, tears glistening in her eyes. I can feel her fear, anger, and shock and it makes her magic rise. Unfortunately for her, all I do is absorb it.

With a daring smirk, I answer her question. "I have a thousand years worth of magic - thanks to my darling Grandmother and her family's powers. When a witch dies, they release their magic into the earth - or so everyone thinks." Astra wrinkles her brow, and her back hits the building.

I stands four feet from her, and keep my hand out. "Instead, before it goes into the earth, some of it goes into the only living descendant of a family. Esther had every drop of magic from her family, as she was the only non-vampire in her family. But when she died, all of her magic left her and it all went into me. Making me the strongest witch in the French Quarter."

Astra screams in rage, and throws every ounce of her magic at me hoping that it will hurt me. Closing my eyes, I can feel the strength of the energy when it hits me. But instead of letting it hurt me, I use the trick that Ranora taught me; consume the energy, don't let it consume you. Sure enough, the energy seeps into my body and merges with me, and becomes my own magic.

I lower my hand, and take in a few deep breaths, the magic stirring inside of me trying to settle. My eyes snap open, and everything around me starts to blur and my vision goes black and then back to normal. Fear engulfs me, and I stumble backwards and fall to the ground, the magic overwhelming my body.

Astra smirks, and stands over me. "No one can have that much magic without consequences. Your own magic is killing you. It won't be long now before you're dead. Say hello to Ranora for me, would you? At first I thought it was a waste of bullets when I shot her, but now I realize that it's the best thing I ever did. Tell her that the next time she does something like that, to use a cloaking spell to hide her spirit." She sneers, and keeps that psychotic smirk on her face.

I scream in both pain and anger, and I am crippled with pain. Screaming again, I try and keep from crying without much success. Tears burn my eyes, I writher on the ground in pain. My breathing becomes labored, and my vision blurs and I close my eyes and let the tears run down my face. My heart is beating so hard, that I can hear it without using my vampire hearing. Screaming again, my entire body feels like it's being stabbed from the inside.

"Release it. Adriana, release it!" A very familiar voice says, and forcing my eyes open Kyle's face is all I see. "Release it!"

At first, I'm not sure what he means, but then it hits me what he means. Digging my hands into the ground, I tighten up my entire body and squeeze my eyes as I take in a deep breath.

I wait for a few moments, before releasing my breath at the same time I relax my body and snap open my eyes. Magic ripples out of me, and hits the earth hard and the magic flows out of me and into the earth. All the pain and anguish flows out as well, and it's like a giant weight has been lifted from my body.

All of Astra's magic returns to the earth, and she screams in pain before collapsing and writhing on the ground in pain and shock. Blinking, I lift my head and crawl over to Astra and pry the stake out of her hands. Staring into her eyes, I lean over and whisper in her ear. "Dimicatio futura est. Goodbye Astra." Standing up, I swallow hard and turn to where Mikael is laying on the ground.

I walk over to him, and look down at him. I crouch down beside him, and clutch the stake tightly. Looking over my shoulder, I spot my family walking out of the building. Uncle Elijah is carrying my mom, and he sets her down and she smiles and nods at me. Uncle Elijah nods to me, and Aunt Rebekah smirks.

When my eyes get to dad, I snort seeing him covered in blood and he nods. "Do it." Is all he says, and I smile at everyone and look down at Mikael.

In my entire life, I've never killed anyone before, and I'm not sure what this will do to my wolf gene. Whether or not I'd still have magic, or if I would be something else entirely. Either way, we - my family and I, will deal with it then the time comes. Clutching the stake, I ram it down towards Mikael.

The next thing that happens, is astonishing. Mikael's hands grab mine, and he flips me over and rams the stake through my chest with every ounce of strength he has. I gasp, and my body lurches at the feeling of the stake inside me. Mikael stands up, and stares down at me.

I can't believe this was how it was going to end.. My life as a hybrid, my life as me... My life with my family and home. After everything I've been through, my family's ups and downs. Watching my friends and lovers die, all the times I've died and come back. My family and I's battles to keep me alive... It didn't matter anymore. We. Had. Lost.

His twisted face and lips curl up into a smile, the dark eyes seeming to contract against the light of the moon.

The screams and protests of my family fade into the background, and everything stops. The pain is unbearable, and fire erupts on my feet and crawls upwards, and it isn't long before fire takes over everything. Screaming, my entire body is burning, and I can feel the flames rushing up to my head.

"I guess Always Isn't Forever after all." I choke out, before heat engulfs my body and I scream loudly as my body burns and then everything goes... Black.

~Little Mikaelson~

A/N: Be sure to read the epilogue and check out the Q&A. Also, remember to vote, comment, and add! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 10.2K 51
When you think of Klaus Mikaelson, you think of the murderous Original hybrid; few don't and Violet is one of them. After saving her life in the 1920...
680K 13.3K 96
Niklaus has been keeping a locked coffin with him for a thousand years. It is his older sister, who Mikael and Esther cursed into the coffin. They pu...
7.9K 159 33
a girl struggling with the will to live and a man whose been taking peoples lives for 1000 years. who ever thought these opposites would attract. St...
28.5K 859 14
Lucifer and Kelly move to New Orleans to raise their son Jack in a safe environment only New Orleans is anything but safe with the French Quarter cra...