Loving Mr. CEO

By Emelradine

THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #2 (THE CON ARTIST & THE CEO) After being left at the altar, shattered and heart bro... More

LOVING MR. CEO
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue
MARRYING MR. CEO
(BOOK THREE) NOW LIVE!!!
SOCIAL MEDIA (PART ONE)

3

15.4K 859 237
By Emelradine

Mabel

I stood in front of my old apartments' mirror, there in Miami. Right in the small bathroom, I felt really small. These past few years, my life had been horrible. Running from Hernandez Laross had been one of the themes my life developed.

Although, ever since Cole and I escaped from our 11th foster home, we had been on the run, changed our names a couple of times, messed with Rich folks and got away with it.

But when Cole messed with the wrong guys, things got really messed up for us.

Now Laross is out to find Cole and I. I had to find the total amount of 14 Million. It was either that, or our lives. I had managed to get Cole in hiding, and the stupid boy felt like I was controlling his life. He had told me that he could take care of himself.

But I knew that wasn't the case, Cole was only seventeen. He was still a kid, and I still had total control over him. He had made a mistake by entangling himself with those monsters.

I knew what we did for a living. Con people.

But that was it, we did it to survive and we did it without any risk of attachment. Although, there was that one time Cole had gone against the rules, he had managed to go head over heels with a girl, and it almost got us in trouble.

All Cole and I had, was pretty much each other. We'd managed to stir clear of those foster care shit, and we'd managed to build up a good life from our not so legal business. But Cole just had to do drugs.

Sometimes when I think of it, I just wanted to blame myself, if I had just paid more attention to him, this wouldn't have happened. I wouldn't have hurt poor Cade like I did.

It was so sudden that I had to just ditch him and save my brother.

Of course I had no intention of marrying him, but I could swear that if the issue with Cole never popped up, I would have done it.

I didn't love Cade, no... I was with him because he was rich. A golddigger move but- how else was I supposed to fend for myself and my brother?

It's a big world, I know. But what I started, I tried to end. But couldn't.

I was only supposed to Con Cade for a span of Five to six months, but then... He proposed. I was taken by surprise and I felt so sorry for him.

I didn't return his feelings and he thought I did.

I was so good at pretending that I did love him, and it turned out to be really really easy. Almost too easy. And I guess that was the reason why I was going to oblige to the marriage. I knew I played the part really well, and playing it for the rest of my life didn't sound so bad.

It wasn't my first time fooling rich guys, and it wasn't my first time hurting them. But it was the first time I actually felt guilty.

Before I started deceiving Cade Chesterfield, I had looked up on him. He was really wealthy and young, just two years older than I was. He was the ideal target. And when I eventually got to know him, I figured out that he was really nice. Nicer than what I thought he would be.

It was really easy to play him though. I faked a meeting at an airport, purposely got our tickets mixed up, so he'd come find me and I'd also start looking for him... Yadda yadda.

He suspected nothing of my act and I was glad cause most men tend to just get it. But he didn't. He actually thought it was for real.

It all ended terrible cause now he hated my guts and there was no telling how this next few days would eventually turn out.

I let out a deep breath, pulling my blonde hair up in a ponytail.

Doesn't really matter how it'd turn out... I promised to do whatever he wanted without complains, so long I get the money and protect what was left of family.

Like I said, Cade was really nice and a part of me knew before hand that he wasn't going to call the cops on me. If it were any other man, I'd be dead the moment I stepped into his office.

He still looked the same, as charming as he did the first time I actually saw him in person at the airport. His dark eyes was enough to pull you into lust. His eyes were so sexy that I Mabel Holland, found it so difficult to put my words together.

But it all worked in my favor.

I was aiming for the target, and I got it. I got it, claimed it, and then I broke it.

I won't lie, I felt so freaking guilty the moment I left, I felt so guilty and sorry that I even felt moisture in my eyes, and when I landed back in Mexico, my reflection in the mirror was something I would never forget. Ever.

Then and there, I had decided to stop the stupid job, I had decided to just work hard on my own, and stop the illegal, not so illegal job. But then, Cole just had to do it again.

Ding dong.

My attention shifted to my front door.

Who could that be?

Ding dong, ding dong, ding dong!

The person pressed the doorbell repeatedly.

I made my way to the door, just in time. I checked the peep hole to see who the hell thought it was cool to ruin my door bell.

And there she was, standing eagerly in front of my door.

I sighed.

Why was I even wondering again?

Taking a deep breath, I unlocked my door, pulling it wide open.

Immediately, she pounced on me, engulfing me in a really tight hug.

So, meet Neha Sharma, my Raven long haired, ever faithful and caring Indian Neighbor. She was really beautiful, and extraordinarily innocent, super caring and thoughtful. Let's just say, everything good.

More like. Everything I'm not.

"Oh my God! You're alive! I can't believe you're alive! Praise all the gods who are listening right now!" She breathed in to my ear.

"Neha! Can't breathe- can't breathe." I wheezed out. Immediately, she let go of me... Her eyes wide in awe, shock, anger, surprise, and mostly worry.

"Where did you go? Why did you go? I thought you were going to pull through with the marriage? Cade was a mess. You have no idea how heart broken he was. God the media went crazy!" She said, her Indian accent breaking into her tone.

Oh.

I sighed. "Have a sit Neha." I said, motioning to my small couch.

Like a child, she flopped down on the couch, looking up at me in anticipation.

I made myself, comfortable on the couch, crossing my legs underneath me. "How have you been?"

She looked taken aback. "I'm not here to talk about me, Rascal of a woman! I'm here to talk about you. What happened Mabel?"

I let out a shaky breath. "I left."

"Why?" She asked.

"Cause I had to."

"Cause you had to?" She asked, her confusion stapled to her voice. "What is that supposed to mean? You left on your wedding day. And you left with his money! It was all over the news Mabel! All over the news! Oh, the humiliation on poor Cade. He had to deal with your sudden disappearance and also the stupid stories written by stupid reporters. He changed."

Oh, I know that! I got a full blown dose of his change!

"You know what I do, Neha... You know my relationship with Cade was a sham."

"I remember you telling me that it didn't feel like a sham to you."

I suppressed a groan. "That was two years ago Neha. I didn't even know what I was thinking! I'm not that marriage kind of person. My past isn't shiny and I know, one day or another, he was going to find out. How the hell was I supposed to pull through with the marriage. I didn't love him and I didn't want to hurt him- besides, Cole got in trouble, and I had to deal with it." I said.

Neha shook her head. "I see it in your eyes Mabel. You did care about Cade. You had feelings for him, that was why you were going to marry him."

"No." I deadpanned. "I was going to marry him cause he had money, he was rich, wealthy and in love with me. It was a perfect life. I wouldn't have to go about conning men to take care of Cole. I had found a permanent solution, and I was going stick by it... But then Cole got mixed up with these crazy cartel guys and I had no other choice. They'd have killed him."

"So why didn't you tell Cade?" She asked. "Why didn't you ask him for help? Why did you steal from him? He would have done anything and everything for you Mabel. If he could have stopped time, he would have. Why did you leave?"

I swallowed.

Why was I finding it difficult to answer that question? I always had an answer. I left because of my brother.

But right now, that wasn't even answer enough. She was right. Cade would have done anything for me in a heartbeat. Hernandez Laross wouldn't even stand a chance.

So why did I leave?

I could have just let him in, tell him everything. He would have helped, he would have given me all the money in the world if that was what it took to keep me happy.

But I left either way. And why?

I can't answer.

Neha sighed. "Have you gone to see him since you arrived?"

I nodded.

"How did it go?"

My heart gave a sharp squeezing pain, recalling our not so happy reunion, earlier today. "Not good. He hates me." I said.

Neha's face softened. "Oh dear." She pulled me into her arms. "I'm so sorry. I know you don't want to admit that it hurts you, but I know it does."

I rolled my eyes. "I just feel bad about what I did. I deserve his hatred."

She pulled away. "So what now? Why did you come back?"

"Cole." I said.

"Another debt?"

I nodded.

"Oh my world. Wait- don't tell me- is that why you went to see Cade?"

"Why else?" I asked. "I need money, Neha... And I wouldn't have come back but- Cade is the only one who can help. I went to apologize but, he didn't want to hear it, so I offered him a deal. I'd work for him for free, till all my debts are completed."

Neha shook her head. "Tumharee ko kya dikkat? Kya tumme koi sharam haya hai k nhi!!? Kya tum pagal ho gai ho?"

"No, I'm not crazy, and there is nothing shameful about it and there is nothing wrong with me. I did what I thought was right."

"How did you understand-"

"You've repeated those questions to me a dozen times." I muttered.

She sighed. "Did he agree?" She asked.

"Fortunately, yes... He did agree."

Her eyes softened. "Oh, more like he couldn't say no."

I scoffed. "He could say no. But he didn't, and I know why. If I know that man like I think I do, he's going to make my life a living breathing hell. He's going to want revenge. But guess what Neha?"

"What?"

"My life is already a living breathing hell." I muttered. "There's absolutely nothing he can do, that I haven't exactly faced before. I've seen everything there is to see in this life and I think I can take a couple more challenges. In sum total," I gulped.

"I'm ready."

__

Vote and Comment:-)

Yooooo! Yes, Cade is ready to make her life miserable, Mabel is ready to take any blows! Or is she?

Are you ready to get ready? Then let's go! VOTE AND COMMENT!

What do you think about Mabel? Do you think she was really going to pull through with the marriage because of his money? Or was there something else?

And what do you think about Neha?

Till next update!

Bye Beauties!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 3.2K 45
[COMPLETE] [MATURE CONTENT] [MAFIA BOOK] Just like the astronomical event she's named after, Nova is one of a kind. Since the age of 6 she's trained...
61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...
39.7K 641 17
Nova sky is a typical girl who fell for the badboy. She was sweet, caring, and she loved animals except for cats of course one day he life was great...
304K 6.7K 85
After Harriet was expelled from her school after an incident, she has no other option but to go to a boarding school meant for delinquence like herse...