Behind The Gate of Lakeview

By Rihanna_Adedeji

Jadeshola Badmus is not your regular female lead. She's outspoken, Brilliant, Sassy, beautiful, intelligent... More

Behind The Gate Of Lakeview
~one~
~Two~
~Three~
~Four~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~
~Ten~
~Eleven~
~Tweleve~
~Thirteen~
~Fourteen~
~Fifteen~
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~
~Twenty One~
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
~Twenty Four~
~Twenty Five~
~Twenty Six~
~Twenty Seven~
~Twenty Eight~
~Twenty Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty One~
~Thirty Two~
~Thirty Three~
~Thirty Four~
~Thirty Five~
~Thirty Six~
~Thirty Seven~
Meet The Characters 💖
~Thirty Eight~
~Thirty Nine~
~Forty~
~Forty One~
~Forty Two~
~Forty Three~
~Forty Four~
~Forty Five~
~Forty Six~
~Forty Seven~
~Forty Eight~
~Forty Nine~
~Fifty~
Fifty One
~Fifty Two~
~Fifty Three~
~Fifty Four~
~Fifty Five~
~Fifty Six~
Questions and Answers

~Fourteen~ 2

2.9K 758 170
By Rihanna_Adedeji

To love is to split open
                                                      Yours truly  

                           ~Uthman~

'Why?'

I can list a thousand reasons why I want to become a Medical Doctor. Heck! Even millions of reason

My dad owns the biggest hospital in our State, makes millions of Naira daily, sent me to one of the best and most expensive secondary schools, set up a trust fund worth millions of Naira for me, (a lot of people will be truly surprised to know how much I have in my trust fund), buys me everything I ever want or need. I've never lacked anything in my entire life so If I don't become a medical doctor, who'll take over my dad's company?

My mom never called me anything else when she was alive, she always called me her Doctor. She never wanted me to become something else. I owe it to her memory to become a Doctor.

Medicine is everything to me while Football is just one thing to me, a dream but dreams should be above everything else, or shouldn't they?

'That's the only thing that has ever mattered to me.'

I replied her and I expected her to leave it at that but she did, she probably wanted to get the 10 points by all means

' Why? Is this borne out of responsibility because your dad owns the biggest hospital in West Nigeria?'

She asked and I kept quiet. She was partly right and I hated that fact. I remained quiet and kept my gaze on the field. On the field, the only place I've ever felt truly happy. Dad once told me that it's such a waste of my brain to like something as inconsequential as football even though he knew how much it meant to me.

No' I finally answered, my gaze still on the field 'to become a medical doctor is not my dream. It's football, it's the field, it's playing that always make me yearn for more.'

Now, that's a secret no one knows about me, not even Daniel. They all think football is my favorite pastime while the medicine is my passion but it's the other way round. It felt good, tell someone this. I knew Jade and I will never have a cause to sit down and have a normal conversation again and I was sure this that I had told her, she'll never breathe it to someone else. At that moment, I turned to look at her, ready to tell her not to think much of what I said but she was looking at me in a way no one else has ever looked at me, there was something almost alluring about the way she was staring at me and subconsciously, I held her gaze. There was something about that moment, something almost terrific, almost electric, something that probably shouldn't be happening between the both of us

'Why are you staring? You like what you see?'

Her face dissolved into a scowl and my subconscious shouted hallelujah inwardly. This is more like normal.

'well, that's that about that. Should we talk about yours before the first period on Monday morning? I have a game to get back to.'

She nodded and I started walking away. Akin and Daniel were waiting for me in the classroom.

I hope that fleeting moment was imagined.

I knew it was not.

******

The next day was Fola's birthday. I wasn't going to attend because heck, I missed Michelle's birthday party and I should not be attending the birthday party of someone she doesn't like but then, Daniel was going, more than half of the class was going, so what's the fun in not going for me. Nothing!

The party was more like an in-house party, the chairs were arranged in a circle and the table was placed in the middle with the hugest birthday cake ever. The birthday girl was dressed in a long black gown that clung to her body like a second skin. When we first saw her, Daniel had whispered into my ears,

      'She's so hot, I think I'm going to as her out.'

And I knew without a doubt that if he asked her out, she'll say yes in less than a heartbeat. Nobody can say no to Dan's charms. The boy was a charmer every time, every day.

Jade and Hana were sitting on the chair opposite us and they were talking to each other in low tones, they've even probably forgotten they were at a party. Hana was putting on a red long gown and even Daniel sucked in a breath when we saw her. The girl was a stunner every day every time. There was no doubt that she's a model. As for Jade, she was putting on an armless short black gown. She initially had a short jacket on but now, she has shrugged it off.

     Paul who was cuddling with Paulina behind us said.

'Wow. Who would have known that the head girl is this hot? Just look at her neckline.'

And his girlfriend has smacked him hard, playfully though.

'You're not allowed to check out other girls when you're with me. Got it? Now, keep your hands to yourself.'

He chuckled.

'Babe, you know I don't have eyes for any other girl except you, and besides, isn't Jade full of surprises today, don't you think so headboy?'

I shrugged, not interested. But he was right though. She was full of surprises and I was full of surprises because surprisingly, I found myself looking in her direction, almost every minute.

'Hey Guys, I'm not feeling the vibe of this party. How about we lighten things up by playing a game?'

Someone said from the opposite seat. The boy wasn't from Lakeview. He's probably one of Fola's other friends.

'Yes. I second that. Let's play truth or dare.'

That was Bola, one of our classmates from Lakeview. I'm not a fan of the game because it always ends up becoming nasty. People end up daring people to do crazy stuff like a lap dance, tongue kiss, and crazy crazy stuff.

     'I love this game.'

That was Daniel, who did not know he'll like the game. Rash as he is.

'Okay, so I'll start by rolling the bottle. The person the bottle points to will get the truth of dare.'

The boy that suggested we play a game said and he picked a soda bottle on the floor. Because of our sitting arrangement, it's quite easier for the bottle to reach everybody.

Spin spin spin. Sha doesn't stop anywhere near me. The bottle kept spinning and it soon stopped, pointing at Bola.

'Good. Girl. Truth or dare?'

'Truth'

'When did you have your first kiss.'

'Last week.' Bola replied casually and everybody burst into laughter. It was her turn to spin the bottle. The bottle kept spinning and it stopped, pointing to me, well, almost pointing to me. It was pointing to Daniel. Phew! That was close.

'So Daniel, truth or dare.'

'To play safe, I'll choose Dar... Truth'

'Okay, do you have a crush on anybody here, if yes, who?

Daniel was quiet for a while before he answered.

'Well, Fola'

'Wow. I never knew you were crushing on me. Wow wow.'

Fola said, almost blushing red.

'Well, now you know, you guys should hit up and start dating.' another classmate of ours said. I dared a glance at Jade, her arms were crossed over her chest with a bored expression on her face. At least I knew someone else was also bored with the game.

Daniel spun the bottle and it landed on the guy who started the game.

'Truth or dare?'

'Dare man. I'm no coward.'

I rolled my eyes.

'Okay then, I dare you to kiss any girl here.'

Oh. I know, my friend is a certified idiot.

'Oh, man. Thanks for that. I've got a girl I've been eyeing since we got here.

And he stood up and started walking towards where Hana and Jade sat. It surely shouldn't be what I'm thinking. He stopped in front of Jade and dropped to one knee in front of her. The latter still has a bored on her face.

'Hey, babe. Will you let me do you the honor of kissing your lips?'

Wow. This guy doesn't know Jade. I'm sure he doesn't know what is coming for him. He started moving closer to her, one of his hands on the chair. Jade did nothing and I did not know when I was sitting upright on my seat. The whole hall was silent. The Jade we know wasn't......

It happened in a flash. One minute, the guy was moving closer to Janet minute, he was lying on the floor. Jade had pushed him almost roughly.

'Get your sick face out of my face.'

'What's it Bitch? Nobody pushes me like that?'

'Well, I just did. Now, get the fuck out of my face.'

The guy just got up and walked over to her again

'Oh, I get it. It's your first time, right? Don't worry. I'll be gentle. I'll make sure you enjoy it. Now, I have a dare to fulfill'

'If you move another inch closer to me, I'm going to slap the little sense you have out of you.'

Now, this is more like the Jade we know. The whole hall was still silent and Fola had a worried expression on her face. I'm pretty sure she's worried that Jade will carry out her threat and that might ruin her party.

' wow, such a rude mouth for a pretty face. Don't worry, I like my girls like that.'

The sound of palm connecting with cheeks made everybody gasp.

'What? Did you just slap me? You're a nut. You're fucking nut.'

Then he raised his hand as if to strike her but she caught his hand in her palm.

'Trust my ugly face. You don't what to that.'

Wow wow. The bitch is always a bitch and I don't know why this has brought a smile to my face.

One of the guests walked up to them and grabbed the guy's hand.

'Guy, let's go. You're drunk.'

Jade dropped the guy's hand and the second guy guide him out but not before he muttered

'Bitch, I'm going to get you. Just know that.'

Jade ignored her and took a swing of her drink. Her hands shook as she took the drink. She was angry and probably nervous. She looked up and caught me staring. If I thought we were going to have a repeat of what we had yesterday, then I was wrong because the look she gave me almost gave me a heart attack.

Mo ya look away.

Guys

You've got two in one chapter. A lot of people think Jade is too fiesty. Do you think she should loosen up a little and enjoy her secondary school days more?

Do you sense a little friendship growing between Jade and Uthman or if Jade has ruined that?

Daniel just confessed that he has a crush on Fola, do you think we are soon getting another couple?

Guys, please vote, comment and share. They mean a lot to me 💖 💖

And, I'll be posting once a week from now henceforth. I know it's not fair, I want to upload every day If I could but then, I'm nearing the beginning of my semi-final exams (if there's something like that) in school plus my project and all so I'm so so busy. I hope you guys understand. And thanks for the love, I'm surprised Jade and Uthman's story is getting this much love. 💋💋💖💖

Till next Friday.

Don't forget to vote and comment 💖💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 2.2K 43
Ruby just started at her new school and trips into a complicated life, involving her best friend's boyfriend, Matthew. And God, did she try to keep a...
33.9K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
403K 14.1K 52
(Currently editing/rewriting) A story of a love that is out of this world! A story between Mason and Amira who met and fell in love in grade 12. They...
48.2K 15K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...