UNMASKED [Arthdal Chronicles...

By bxtch-FJ

»What do you see?« «You... i see you in my dreams» »And what happens in your dreams?« «You... die» >> Based o... More

Before Reading
01 | The necklace
02 | Memories
03 | Silly Girl
04 | What the hell...?
05 | The Sacred Trial
07 | Fight

06 | Saya...

608 20 32
By bxtch-FJ

Yangcha remained motionless and tense, he definitely didn't like it and wanted to separate as soon as possible, but it would be very impolite of him to push her, so he sighed loudly and waited for Tanya to hear him.

"Please let me go, this is important."

"Then I'll go with you."

"Are you dumb? We had a hard time getting out of that place, I won't let you go in there again."

Tanya sighed with resignation. Besides, he was right, if she went with him, she would only be another burden. Finally she decided to let him go.

"Well, go. But if you don't come back when the sun is rising I will go in there no matter what."

"You are crazy."

"I know," she replied, going to sit in the rock again. "And if you're leaving, then do it soon."

The girl crossed her arms and looked away, waiting for him to disappear into the trees. When he did it, she hugged herself looking everywhere, she was in dense darkness and if someone wanted to kill her he could easily do it there.

Suddenly, he heard something among the bushes near the cave, Tanya's heartbeat began to accelerate, so she got up very slowly and hid behind the immense rock, covering her mouth as if that would help her with something.

The sound persisted and the girl was more and more restless, it could be an animal in the forest or one of those murderers of the Shrine. The crazy idea of going to see what it was there crossed her mind and although it was risky, he decided to do it. Anyway, if that were a murderer then it would kill her sooner or later. So with her hand she tried to find some sharp stone to defend herself in case of anything.

When she found it, she rose from the ground and and stealthily to the bush where the noise came from. Once she was in front of it, she firmly grabbed the stone and separated the bush in two willing to use her "weapon", but stopped when she saw that it was only a girl who looked about her age.

She let out a high-pitched scream and covered her face with her arms, hoping or the worst. Seeing that nothing was happening, she slowly lowered her arms with a sigh of relief and Tanya quickly threw the stone on the ground and relaxed her muscles.

"Who are you?" asked the black-haired girl. "Wait a moment... those are the dresses the Asa clan uses for the Sacred Trials..." she whispered, frowning, then she opened her eyes widely and covered her mouth with a gasp. "It can't be! Are you the direct descendant of Asa Sin?!"

Tanya made a face of disgust at that scream, if she kept talking so loudly, they were going to find them. So she put a finger in her mouth to silence and looked everywhere, although she couldn't see anything anyway.

"Yes, I am. But don't make noise or they'll find us."

"Oh, I'm sorry," she apologized. Then she smiled and left the bush. "I'm very happy that you are safe, I was outside the Shrine waiting for news, when suddenly the guards arrive and report that there was an attack, then some warriors from the White Mountain tribe arrived and we have to run to our homes."

"I understand... And if you went to your home, then what are you doing here?"

"Well, on the way home my sister got hurt, so I'm looking for some medicinal leaves."

"Medicinal leaves?"

"Yes, it is these," she said showing them.

A male voice made them startle and they both looked at where it came from; not many meters away were 4 soldiers who had the order to assassinate Tanya, all of them were equally intimidating and with their sharp swords they were ready to kill anyone who got in their way. Just like the two girls.

The young black-haired girl took Tanya's hand and forced her to run.

"Let's go fast before they see us," she whispered.

But it was too late, one of the guards had seen them and told his teammates, in a few seconds they were on the heels of the girls.

"Run faster!"

Both tried to lose sight of the men but it was useless, they were very well trained and the girls had no chance against them.

When they thought everything was lost, a person jumped on one of the guards and knocked him down by hitting his head. He faced the others without any weapon, although he still got some cuts. Thanks to them, they could see the purple blood that ran through his clothes.

"Saya?!" said the black-haired girl. "What are you doing here?"

"One thanks would be enough."

"Oh yes, thanks. I see that the training helped you a lot," she commented, watching the bodies. The boy nodded proudly.

"You should go home, it's dangerous. And you," he pointed at Tanya. "You better come with me to the palace, there you will be safe."

The girl watched him with wide eyes. That young man was IDENTICAL to Eunseom, except for the hair and the color of his lips, that completely dislodged her. His name was Saya... But where had he come? Unless... he was his benetbeot, although that was almost impossible.

"Uhm... hello? I know I'm handsome, but It's not for you to look at me like that," he joked a little awkwardly at her watchful eye.

"Oh, uh... What did you say?" she asked blinking quickly trying to get out of the confusion.

"That you come with me so that you are safe."

She shook her head. She had to stay there to wait for Yangcha, he would surely look for her again when they had finished with those bandits.

"I have to stay here."

"Come on, don't be stubborn and follow me if you don't want to die."

"I think you should listen," said Chaeeun. "You are the direct descendant of Asa Sin, you cannot put yourself in danger."

Tanya sighed without knowing what to do. They were right, but she didn't want to worry Yangcha either.

"You go, I'm waiting for someone," she said crossing her arms.

She returned to the cave and sat down to wait. Saya followed her and looked at her for a while, while Chaeeun shook her head behind him.

"Well, then I will stay with you," he announced, sitting next to her.

"I-it is not necessary."

"Do you think I'm going to risk leaving here you alone? No way, my father would kill me."

"His father? Who is his father?" Tanya thought.

"I'd love to stay with you, but my sister is waiting for me," Chaeeun commented, pounting.

"Well, I wouldn't love you to stay here with us so go away," replied Saya, sticking out his tongue. Chaeeun opened her mouth indignantly and hit him on the head. The she left without saying a word.

"What happens between you and her?"

Saya just raised his shoulders. It had already become a habit to be treated that way; they were good friends and deep in their hearts they loved each other.

❦❦❦

6 hours later.

The sun was already rising, Tanya and Saya were sleeping peacefully, until the latter woke up with the singing of the birds. He blinked several times and let out some groans. Sleeping on a rock wasn't a very good idea. He turned to see the girl and shook her a little to wake up.

"Leave me alone..." she mumbled.

"Hey, it's already dawn."

Tanya opened her eyes suddenly and sat dawn. "Where are you Yangcha? You promised you would come back before the sun rose..." she was disappointed.

"I think the person you expected forgot about you," commented Saya, frowning.

Tanya ran towards the Shrine and searched everywhere beside Saya, but there was no sign of Yangcha, there were only dead bodies and guards of the Saenyeok tribe, so she finally gave up and they both went to the palace.

❦❦❦

6 hours before, in the Great Shrine

Yangcha arrived as quickly as he could, encountering several soldiers from the White Mountain tribe, but they were not rivals for him. He crossed with Tagon in one of the halls and luckily he was without any scratches, but he was surrounded by many Children of Shahati and other warriors, with no one to help him.

He ran to him just as a crescent dagger was stuck in his shoulder. Everyone was paralyzed to see how the purple blood flowed from the wound. The Union leader quickly removed the weapon and threw it to the floor.

"Tagon is an Igu-!"

Before that soldier could finish speaking Yangcha threw his chains and dragged hi towards him, hanging that man in the process. Tagon was relieved to have some help.

"Yangcha, don't let anyone escape," he ordered beginning to fight with his enemies. The masked soldier nodded and drew his sword.

The blood was splashed on all the walls and the floor, the corpses increasingly piled up more and more, because the attackers kept coming.

When they finished with all of them, Tagon cleaned his blood as he could before leaving that place. The other Daekans arrived shortly after and were surprised to see the amount of bodies thrown out there.

"Tagon-nim!" exclaimed Mugwang. "Are you alright?"

"Better than ever," he answered with a big smile on his face.

After the chaos ended, everyone went to the tavern to relax a little. There they stayed until dawn.

6 hours later.

"Hey Yangcha," said Mubaek, putting a hand on his shoulder. They were the only one who were still sober apart from Tagon, who had already left. "Where is Tanya?"

The soldier opened his eyes widely, remembering the promise he made before leaving. He ran out of the tavern while slapping mentally for having forgotten it, when he saw that the sunlight began to appear, he cursed himself even more.

When he reached the cave and saw that it was empty, he began to worry. That was definitely not good. There was also no signs of her around.

"Well, go. But if you don't come back when the sun is rising I will go in there no matter what." That was what she had said.

"Maybe she is in the Shrine." he thought.

Hopefully, the soldier ran to the Great Shrine and searched everywhere, but there was nothing. At that time he hated not being able to speak, because he wanted to ask the guards if they had seen her.

A drop of sweat slid down his face. He would be in serious trouble if something bad happened to her, Tagon gave him the order to take care of her and now he had no idea where she was.

He began to think in the worst scenarios, which fear to grow more and more within him. This was getting out of hand and he needed help, somehow he would have to ask Mubaek so he ran back to the tavern for help.

When he was short to arrive, he became distracted with a feminine laugh that was very close to him, and he followed it. Seeing the bearer of that beautiful sound he felt a great relief.

"Tanya."

She turned and stared at him, frowning. She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could say a word, someone else spoke.

"I found you!"

The person fell silent instantly when he saw the soldier standing in front of the girl.

"Yangcha..."

"Saya..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 4.6K 20
𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐉𝐉 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬. These imagines were written by me, on one of my Tumblr blogs. I do...
41K 3.6K 57
"I look at you I owe you I trust you But what do you think about me? Can't you give me a clear answer.." Reply, "I.......you." Start : 4 June 2021 E...
50.1K 2.7K 80
〖 𝐂𝐡𝐚 𝐇𝐲𝐮𝐧-𝐒𝐮 & 𝐎𝐂 〗 ♡ ꜱʟᴏᴡ ʙᴜʀɴ ♡ 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙳: 𝟷𝟹.𝟷𝟸.𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 ...
7.4K 200 15
ON HOLD ❛ 'cause, baby, i'm the one who haunts your dreams at night until it's satisfied ❜ female!oc 𝐱 suhyeok / woojin (love triangle~) 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭�...