Star Crossed

By Wonderfullydull

**Currently under editing** Much as Senator Padme used a decoy during her reign, Princess Leia also had someo... More

Characters
Prologue
A New Hope
I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
The Empire Strikes Back
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
Return of the Jedi
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
Epilogue
NEW STORY

VI

2K 61 15
By Wonderfullydull

"So... is this like a regular Friday night around here?" Han asked Jo as the festivities were in full force. The two leaned along the wall on the outskirts of the party. Beyond them was a giant hall filled with every last pilot, navigator, rebel officer and senator. They were dancing to music and cheering for their lost brethren. Now, those they lost weren't mourned, but rather given a celebration for the lives they lived.

"No," She shook her head as she folded her arms over her chiffon flowy dress. It fell to the floor in many layers, but had a slit up the side that let her move with ease. "This is a bit more toned down than what we're use to." She joked.

Han seemed to sense the joke as he looked down at her with a laugh.

"You're funny, doll." 

Her lips twitched up as she looked out to the crowd. Though it was only half its previous size, the spirit was just as bright. 

"I like funny." Han added as he leaned closer to her. 

She raised a curious brow as she slowly craned her neck to look up at the smuggler. He had changed for the party as well, now dawned in a pristine white shirt under his light brown vest, and his pants were black and free of stains and wrinkles.

"And why would I care what you like?" Her tone was still humorous, and there was a spark in her eyes that made Han's grin widen.

"Because I figured out what there was here for me to come back to." He enlightened her as he turned to lean his forearm against the wall above her. He completely blocked out the party as he focused entirely on her.

"Oh?" She turned to face him. "Let's here it." She lifted a hand towards him.

Han leaned down until his lips brushed her ear. Then, with hot breath, he whispered, "You."

Jo's jaw slackened, but before she could think of a witty response, Han backed up and pulled on her extended hand.

She twirled before she fell into Han's chest. She gave a flustered gasp as she looked up at the man. "You know we can't dance." She told him. "People are watching. They might assume-"

"Relax," Han cut her off as he grabbed her other hand and spun her around again. She let him do so, and looked out at the crowd as she turned towards them. "The Princess is dancing with Luke." Han pulled Jo back to him so her back met his front. He trapped her there with his arms around her midsection. He lowered his head so he could whisper in her ear. "The people will think the Princesses are dancing with the saviors of the Galaxy. Nothing more." 

She shivered as Han's breath fanned her exposed neck. She tried to fight it as she looked back at him. "Saviors of the Galaxy?" She lifted both her and Han's hands to free herself of his hold and turned around to face him. As she did she moved his hands to the appropriate spots so they were dancing the same as Leia and Luke. "That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?" She teased him.

"Nah," Han gave a cocky shake of his head. "It's well deserved."

Jo let out a loud laugh as she let Han guide her through the crowd.

The two kept dancing, and soon they both forgot about their images as they held one another close.

"I didn't think you knew how to dance." Jo noted as he spun her around expertly.

"Eh, it's not that hard." Han told her as he grabbed onto her small waist and lifted her up for a half spin.

Jo gave a smile as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the wind through her braided hair. As Han slowly set her down, she opened her eyes to peer up at him.

"You're full of surprises, rescuer." She used the name fondly now. He had, once again, saved someone she cared for.

"So are you, doll." Han smirked at her. "No one's ever gotten me to come back before." He said it so nonchalantly that Jo almost didn't pick up on it. Almost.

The thought of her somehow getting Han to do something new gave her a sense of pride.

"Are you ready for the award ceremony tomorrow?" She asked as they navigated through the crowd. They seemed to be the only two actually dancing, the rest were merely jumping about carelessly. "The entire Rebel alliance will watch as you're rewarded for your act of bravery." She looked between Han's hazel eyes. The lights reflected off of them, making it appear as if a fire shined behind them.

"Will you be there?" Han asked as he spun them expertly away from the crowd. Jo hadn't realized his intention until he moved them out of the party and into a deserted hallway.

When they were alone, Han leaned Jo against a wall and placed a hand on each side of her to keep her in place.

"I am the Princess's decoy-" She lowered her voice so she wasn't overheard. "I'll be awarding the medals along side Leia." She didn't feel trapped between Han and the wall. If anything, she thrived on the feeling of being alone with him. She could remember only one other person who's affections were more directed towards her, but that boy was long gone along with the rest of Alderaan. Han, however, was very much alive and in front of her and looking at her like she was the only reward he wanted for his heroic act.

"Good," He lowered his head as he kept looking between her brown and blue eyes. "Make sure you're the one who puts the medal around my neck. That's the only way I'll accept it."

"Oh?" Jo raised a brow at his insistence. She never met someone who was so demanding, yet she liked it... along with a lot of other things about the man. "Okay." She decided. "Now, I believe there's one other person who deserves a dance for saving the galaxy-" Jo ducked under Han's arm and walked back towards the party.

"Yeah? And who's that?" Han turned to look at the retreating girl. A wild smile spread over his lips as he watched her hips sway in the dress.

Jo looked over her shoulder as she answered. "Chewie. He's very deserving."

Han had to laugh as Jo left him to go dance with his partner-in-crime.

Somehow the girl was like a beacon, one Han couldn't stay away from very long. There were so many alluring things about her, so many things he had yet to see of her. She was like a puzzle he wanted to slowly figure out. He thought the prize would be much worth the effort.

Han stood just beyond the party as he watched Jo grab Chewie's big meaty paws and drag him to the dance floor. Han could tell Chewie wasn't interested in dancing, but that didn't seem to matter to Jo as she lifted his fury paw and spun under it.

There was a wild smile on her face as she quickly forgot about the people around her. All of her duties and mandates disappeared as she danced with Chewie.

"Hey!" Luke's yelled stopped Jo from spinning just long enough to give the blue-eyed boy a smile. "You got him to join us!" Luke looked up at Chewie with a wide grin and rosy cheeks. "It's about time you let loose!" As Luke patted Chewie on the back, Leia grabbed Jo's hands and started to dance with her.

Han still watched on as his friends all danced together. They were separate from the rest of the party, but that didn't seem to matter to them. They were in their own world that only included them, and that was enough.

As Leia spun Jo around, she turned to give Han a cheeky grin. She nodded her head towards their friends as if to tell him to join. Han didn't have to think twice before he pushed off the wall to join them. He kept his eyes on Jo the entire time he navigated through the crowded room. When he reached them, everyone let out a collective cheer and began to dance again. Even Chewie began to get into the festivities as he jumped around with the rest of the group.

Jo slipped her hand in Han's as she jumped in tune to the beat of the music. With the mass bodies around them no one could see the discrete gesture, but that worked in their favor.

Han and Jo held on to each other the rest of the night, and found the contact somehow enhanced the celebration for them. It was as if everything was heightened as long as they had the other's hand.

~

Leia and Jo stood in front of the entire Rebel Alliance as the waited graciously for the two saviors of the galaxy.

Both girls were dressed identically in a pure white dress that clung closely to their curves that fell loosely past their hips. The long sleeves had material that trailed all the way down to the floor.

The low neckline of the dress was just enough to be feminine without showing off anything. A beautiful piece of silver, chunky jewelry hung from their necks, showing off their dainty, royal side.

Each girl had their hair pulled up in a braided bun with one single thick braid falling down their back.

They were mesmerizing in their own ways, and captured the attention of everyone in the room. The attention was all on them, until the grand doors at the back of the temple opened. Through them, Han, Luke and Chewbacca all walked out.

Jo couldn't help it as her gaze immediately fell on Han. He wore his signature look-  a white shirt, dark vest, with his gun belt hanging loosely on his hips. There was a sort of ease surrounding him, as if he hadn't put much thought into his look. But his hair was combed back nicely and he wore a gracious grin, something that told Jo he had thought about this.

Jo had to tear her eyes from him to look at Luke who wore a yellow leather jacket over his white shirt. The two were very different, Jo decided. Not only in taste, but personality. Luke was soft and caring, while it took Han a bit longer to show his caring nature.

Chewbacca followed after the two. The big furry beast had his strap on, though he left his crossbow behind.

As the three neared the steps, all the officers in the crowd turned to face the front. When Luke and Han stepped up to the last step, right blow Leia and Jo, Dodonna stepped forward to offer them the medals.

Just as promised, Jo stepped forward and placed the medal of Bravery around Han's neck. A blush crept over her white cheeks as her knuckles brushed the warm skin of his neck. Her blush only deepened as Han gave her a wink once the medal rested safely around his neck.

Leia stepped up to Luke next, and placed the medal around his neck just as carefully and slowly as Jo had done before her.

When the two had their medals, they bowed towards the Princesses. When they lifted themselves, they were both struck at the utter beauty the two had as they smiled down at them.

The two boys with medals didn't have time to gawk for long as they turned out towards the crowd of Rebel officers.

The entire flank erupted into a gorgeous round of applause for the two rescuers.

Leia and Jo joined in with the applause as they looked at each other with stunning smiles.

They didn't have to say a single word to understand what the other was feeling.

They did it.

They won.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 846 20
Luke and Leia were about to turn four years old, and Padmé was desperate to have Anakin back. She was desperate to turn the sad & lonely Darth Vader...
293K 9.9K 29
"Who's scruffy-looking?" "Um, I think she is definitely talking to you, brother."
1.5K 32 13
Poe Dameron x OC Takes place during The Force Awakens *** Brianna Organa-Solo must fight her brother, with the help of her best friend Poe Dameron...
4.4K 246 21
Rey, an abandoned nobody, fought side by side with the powerful Kylo Ren. She saw a future in him, a redemption of Ben Solo. She believed it, and a p...