Bad Kind of Butterflies ā™§ Daz...

By makiizzenin

COMPLETED (Dazai x Reader) + (Decay of Angels x Reader) ā™§ ! ā€¢ (This story contains minor details about the de... More

Prologue
1. A Past Interaction
2. Myshka
3. Reminiscence
4. Questions
6. Tell-Tale Heart
7. On Tenterhooks
8. Riddles of a Demon
9. In A Cage
10. Giving In to Temptations
11. Consequences
12. The Sound of a Cello
13. The Strings He Plays
14. Distortion
15. The Weight of His Actions
16. Breakdown
17. When the Nightingale Sings
18. Heart Beats
19. Pretty Little Thing
20. Riddles of a Clown
21. Your Mistake
22. BlackJack
23. Hide and Seek
24. Dance
25. Pet Mouse
A Tale of the Past

5. Invitations

12.1K 576 679
By makiizzenin

"Help me be free then, Kolya"

Your voice is sweet and smooth, a huge contrast from your previous stuttering nervousness. You push some of your hair away from your face, looking up into Nikolai's grey-ish eyes, only shying away your gaze for a second. You doubted you could truly have any effect on him, nor could you probably surprise him the way he did you, but you were confident you could throw him off just a little in your favour.

Playing games with the decay of angels is dangerous...but this is hardly a game, just some Nikolai-favoured fun.

His laughter stops, but his smile is still there when looks you over, curiosity wild and embedded in him.

"Free, you say? Even I'm still waiting to be truly free. An eternal bliss..."

You feel yourself lean in out of suspense of every word he said, but then Nikolai steps back and claps his hands together, snapping you out of it.

"Oh! I almost forgot! Dos wants to see you tomorrow. You'll be given the correct room number tomorrow too...That's a promise! Then you won't have to be snooping, myshka!" He cracks up, taking his hat and bowing to you before using his cape to disappear into thin air like a true magician. You hear him say that he looks forward to playing with you again as he disappears completely, and an odd squeeze takes up your heart.

This all feels like a mess just waiting to tumble down on my shoulders.

---

Later in the day, when you returned to the casino floor distracted and with reluctance, you finished the remaining of your work and got stuck doing some extra runs before you were actually allowed to retire for the night. Working the later shifts was something you often didn't do, but it in no way meant you weren't in tune with the night's rhythm.

A casino is never totally quiet.

It's always been interesting to you, the way the hearts under the moon were different from the ones in the sun. Their internal songs are so inconsistent, secretive; but even then, it all worked harmoniously together. To you, it was one of the best times of your waking hours, to see the place work without a trace of need for your presence.

It almost proves to me that if I want to be a part of something, even life, I have to make my own way. Nothing is out and waiting for my return, ever.

That's just the way it is.

Which means I've done something right by making a place for me to find true living.

Unconcerned with what happens once you leave the scene, you take a hot, soothing shower and get a change of clothes from your uniform to something much more comfortable. As you do so, your mind wanders into the run in with Nikolai, his playful manner sending an out of place chill down your spine, but even more so, your heart skips a beat at the thought of the promise that you'd see Fyodor tomorrow. Was it fear? You weren't sure, the same way you felt so many mixed emotions towards the decay of angel's being.

Ready to lay in your soft blankets and sleep, you were hit with the sudden realization that you would not be sleeping anytime soon. Your thoughts were everywhere, and simply would not let you rest.

This is all your fault Nikolai. You and...and Fyodor coming and going as you please.

You don't leave my thoughts in peace.

You groan too yourself as you sit up on your bed, a frustrated frown on your face.

Fine, I'll just have to find a way to occupy myself.

With a sigh and a split decision, you walk out of your room slowly, follow the noise to the casino entrance, your eyes peaking through the doorway, watching everyone move and laugh with every throw of the dice and slide of the chips. Coins clicking together, others whispering amongst themselves, people were either here to split the wins or take it all themselves. It was a bit funny, seeing all kinds of people from a perspective as just another player instead of the home dealer.

Intriguing to see all I miss.

"[f/n]?"

You whip around to see Dazai right behind you, and you feel the nerves you had put away bubble up to the surface. Dazai stands with a card in his hand which he was obviously looking at before running into, and while his clothes were similar to those he was in earlier, he didn't have his beige coat on. Without it, he had a softer air to him, his lean figure more marked and noticeable.

Dazai smiles softly, and you know he knows exactly what kind of affect he's having on you.

"So, your shifts have ended for the day?"

You look down at your clothes and a flash of regret passes through you as you remember you weren't wearing anything too appealing, unless it was for sleeping.

"Um, yes, they have. I'm just...walking around. I can't sleep" you respond, smiling sheepishly and straightening up a bit.

"I see. The beautiful, gifted dealer is having a restless night, and not because of someone special?" Dazai pauses, waiting for you to answer his question, to which you quickly shake your head. He then throws away the card in his hand and places the other hand on his heart dramatically.

You peak at the card now on the floor, seeing a phone number with a little note, and you wonder if that was a woman's number he had been considering before he found you. Too quick to give you a chance to ask, Dazai gasps, and you look at him with second-hand embarrassment.

"A crime! A lovely woman alone on a night so young, and being kept awake not by a lover!"

You almost choke on air at the volume he yells at, hoping that no one had the misfortune of hearing that. For your sake and his.

What is he trying to achieve?

"Im too busy with other things to be occupied by someone else" you retort, crossing your arms in front of you and tilting your head to meet his eyes.

"Like what?" Dazai challenges, and your hesitation causes a spark of interest to flash in his warm brown eyes.

"Oh? Secrets? You appear to be more entrancing the more I run into you" he declares teasingly, setting his arms down while holding out a hand to you.

You look at his hand and then him, raising a brow in question.

"Let's have fun tonight together, maybe then you'll tell me some of those secrets"

No, I won't, but maybe we can be each other's distraction for now.

Hesitantly but surely, you find yourself taking his hand, Dazai pulling you through the doors of the casino with him as he pushes them open. You see him smile at you warmly, and again you want nothing but to trust him.

What is it about you...why do you have to be so keen on searching for what I can't tell you?

"What should we do first, hmm?" Dazai whispers in your ear gently, sending a tingle through you nervous system.

"Tell me what you're good at"

You turn your head slightly to the side, eyes meeting his, and for a moment you're glad the lights aren't made to enhance your sight, but to enhance the experience of each game, or else Dazai would be able to see just how red your cheeks had gotten.

It's ok, from what I've seen, he likes to play as many games with his words as those in the decay of angels. I can handle him.

I won't slip up.

"Aren't you supposed to be a detective or something like that? Figure it out. Surprise me"

You hear Dazai chuckle and he passes you to stand in front of you, facing away from the crowd and directly into your eyes. It felt like he was searching your soul for a yearning to match his.

Stop that.

"Follow me then, Bella Donna"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.7K 33
šš†ššŠššššŽšš› šš’ššœ ššŠ ššžšš—šš’šššššžššŽ šššš˜šš›ššŒššŽ. š™øšš ššŒššŠšš— šš‹ššŽ šš‹šš˜šššš‘ ššššŽšš•šš’ššŒššŠššššŽ ššŠšš—šš ššššŽššŠšššš•šš¢--šš˜šš—ššŽ šš˜šš šš–ššŠšš—šš¢ šš¢šš’šš— ššŠšš—šš šš¢ššŠšš—...
35.8K 799 14
**Small smut/ gore warning! **Perfect grammar/ spelling not included **Good story not included **SPOILERS **lol, you don't have to be a Psycho to re...
37.6K 1.4K 38
*this book can be read as a sequel to my book Little Doll (Mafia!dazai x reader) or on its own.* Time doesn't change everything and four years into t...
41.3K 1.7K 18
[ COMPLETED ] "š™š™š š™›š™šš™–š™§š™Ø š™”š™¤š™¤š™Øš™žš™£š™œ š™¢š™® š™§š™šš™Øš™„š™šš™˜š™©, š™„ š™›š™šš™–š™§ š™—š™šš™žš™£š™œ š™—š™¤š™Ŗš™£š™™ š™©š™¤ š™š™žš™¢" Reminder: āš ļø Various BSD x Male R...