A Different Way 『 An Eren Jae...

By YahYura

Reality has always been a subject to shrug off as we pay heed more on our daydreams. It never really knocked... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
END

Chapter 1

24.1K 461 1.1K
By YahYura

3rd person's view

"Don't you dare hurt her!"

Inside an alleyway, a forlorn little girl tucked her head to her knees. Her quivering bruised hands reached for her head– pitifully protecting it from the bullies which has beaten her up non-stop now.

She didn't knew how she got herself beaten up, however, she knew for a fact the bruises plastered all over her arms will enrage her sick mother.

"Hey! I said don't you dare hurt her! Pick someone your own size you bigheads!"

The kicking abruptly stopped, the three bullies cackling over the absurd statement an unknown boy yelled. "Why would we pick you? You're a lot smaller than [Y/n]” one bully sneered.

What's going on? Who is this kid who saved me?

She grab this opportunity to take in deep breaths after keeping her sobs all by herself.

Her head perked up, blurry eyes landing directly on a fuming boy from the distance; clenching hands, glaring eyes and oddly enough, legs spread apart.

He looks ready to win an amateur fight.

[Y/n]'s eyes enlarged the minute the boy charged at one of them– specifically at the blond browned boy– the leader.

In just a matter of seconds, he took him down. The two sidekicks backed away– gulping to themselves.

[Y/n] was happy he was winning, in fact, in a euphoric state that she forgot her aching body.

She crawl towards the side and closed her palms into fist.  “Go! Go! Go!” she muttered.

One boy charged from the savior's back– locking his hands. They took this opportunity to rain upon countless of kicking to his stomach, legs, and occasionally punching his cheek.

"No!" stumbling as [Y/n] mounted from the ground– she pushed the two who were in charge of kicking the savior and stood in front of him as his shield.

"Hey! Bigheads!" the three looked up, their lives flashing before their eyes as they saw her.

“I-IT'S MIKASA! RUN!!"

“RUNNNNNNNN”

“LET ME GO FIRST!”

"Eren!" the girl whom scared away the bullies at first glance, immediately ran to [Y/n] and the boy. A small blonde boy following from behind.

Eren?

"Why'd you two came? I can take care of them myself" The boy– known to be Eren, wiped an oozing blood from his lips, "If they bother you again just call for me, I'm Eren Jaeger"

[Y/n] oddly bowed 90 degree, "I'm [Y/n] [L/n]! Thank you so much for saving me!!" she didn't left the position– feeling as if he deserves all the respect.

"Stay out of trouble Eren. Just call me if you need help I'm Mikasa Ackerman"

"Y-You can stand up straight now, I'm Armin Arlert" The blonde boy tapped her shoulders.  "Nice to meet you all! I-I hope we can be friends.."

"Why don't you accompany us as we take Eren home?" a beam of smile flashing on Armin's lips as he tilted his head. They heard a low grunt from Eren, Mikasa looking like the big sister of the group– is what [Y/n] thought– promptly lent Eren her scarf to wipe off the blood.

"I can do it on my own" Eren shove her scarf, his eyes averting from embarrassment. Shortly after, his eyes landed on [Y/n].. with the unanticipated opportunity, [Y/n] grasp onto it and noticed the color of his eyes.

T-They're.. captivating..

"Just help [Y/n] out, she received much more damage than me." Eren nonchalantly walked away. Though, it was quite obvious he was limping.

Mikasa ran towards him, placing his arms around her shoulder and her arms around his waist, "Mikasa I can do it on my own! You're not my–"

"Shut it Eren."

[Y/n] giggled from the sight of Eren ignorantly trying to break free from Mikasa, at the end letting her help him.

"Those two, they look really close." she mumbled.  "Yeah they really got a history behind them." she jumped away– eyes enlarge from Armin. 

S-Sharp ears!

"O-Oh.. " she responded solemn and rather in a hushed voice which Armin concluded to be a negative response.  "You sounded sad, why?"

I did? I didn't noticed. I guess I'm just sad that Eren must've like Mikasa because of their history together. A-And I'm happy. It's not like I like Eren b-baka

( :DD )

On their journey to Eren's house, Armin and [Y/n] seem to find similarities from each other. Two cheerful souls talking about various of topics to the point [Y/n] felt talking to a friend she haven't seen from a very long time.

Their topic then diverted to the world behind the walls. Being that Armin loves the topic, he would lay out interesting key points and facts about the world behind the firm walls that kept [Y/n] engaged.

"So is that what it really looks like outside?" she intently asked. "Yes! The bodies of water is really big! You can see different places like the one called desert!"

Desert? What's that? Is that foods ?

Her eyes glimmered from the idea of food, "Is that a place full of chocolates and candies?? Man.. I want to go there."

Eren and Mikasa entered a house near the walls, the fact that it's [Y/n]'s first time this near to the walls, it suddenly scared her as to what's the reason behind these walls, and why were they built all tall and firm.

"Mikasa what happened to Eren?" A beautiful woman with a black hair approached them.

"Heylow Mrs. Carla!" Armin greeted and pulled a wooden chair. "Hello Armin, who is this your new friend?" She smiled at [Y/n]. Her smile was as beautiful as [Y/n]'s mother, though her ease completely washed away after recalling her bruises.

Mom will definitely be mad..

"H-Hello Mrs. Carla! I'm [Y/n] [L/n]!" she once again bowed 90 degrees. "Oh dear, have a seat. Eren where have you gone off again?" Carla walked over the sink, soaking the towel on her hand.

Upon handing the soaked towel to Mikasa, Eren the arrogant boy he is,  hauled the blanket from Mikasa and instead placed it on his bruise.

Oh! I should be the one helping him because he helped me! Wait Eren!

[Y/n] nearly tripped from her chair fortunately, Carla was there for her aid.

"Now, now little Y/n.. what happened to you? You got more bruises!"  she placed her hands under [Y/n]'s armpits and lifted her up– [Y/n]'s legs swinging freely on the air.

"Mrs. Carla I'm fine, it's Eren who needs your hel–"

"I can do it on my own!" Eren barked and starts to aggressively tap the soaked towel on his bruises. It seems tho Eren doesn't want any attention, and he's quite the weird one whenever he would avoid topics about him.

[Y/n] giggled and shifted her focus to Carla, "Mrs. Carla have you seen the outside world?"

"No, but Armin really wants to see it. "

Her head perked up on Armin. "Yeah! When we can leave the walls, we can see how beautiful it is outside!"

I want to see the Desert. That's my top priority! And then, I want to live there! I will be very full and chubby when I stay there!!

"Walls? Oh yeah, why is there walls?" upon hearing the oblivious question, Carla halted from wrapping a bandage around [Y/n]'s wound. She took a few seconds before collecting her thoughts,  "It's for protection honey. Outside those walls is a beautiful world but a dangerous one–"

"It's much more dangerous being caged inside these stupid walls. It's like we're in a big bowl. We are the foods dogs eat and those dogs are–"

"Eren!!" Mrs. Carla whipped her head towards Eren's direction, immediately pursing his lips.

"Uhm Eren.. w-who does the dogs represent?" [Y/n] faltered– fearing what could be those that represent the dogs.

But Dogs are friendly and cute, if we are their foods then I'm sure they'll starve to death rather than eat us! Right.. ?

"The dogs are those thing." Eren averted from her.  "I'm sorry [Y/n], Eren's just like that" Carla continued wrapping a bandage on [Y/n]'s arms.

Those thing... ?

It took [Y/n] a solid minute to digest in a simple statement. At the end, she didn't really understood anything and just shrugged it off.  "That's fine Mrs. Carla! I like him when he's like that!" she swings her legs again.

"W-What?" Armin flinched.  Afterwards, Carla finished and tidied the first aid kit. Before the four kids could leave the house, she gave Eren a stern warning about fighting other kids.

Eren simply shrugged it off.

Once they left the house, the walls once again caught [Y/n]'s interest. She ran closer and lightly tapped the walls

Woahhhh the wall is so big! I can't believe I got here this close! No wonder we're so protected from those.. things!!

"Hey [Y/n], you look like it's your first time seeing a wall." she turned around, nodding continuously, "Yep, yep! It is my first time being this close and it's really cool and scary at the same time."

She then looked up, " I want to go up," Mikasa, Eren and Armin's head traced her pointing finger which was pointing at the very top of the walls,  "There."

Eren flinched, "Y-You mean you want to become a s-soldier?"

Soldier? Those people who has those awesome gears? Of course! I want to fly!

"Yes! I want to fly like them!"

"Let's join together!" Eren jumped on her,  frantically shaking her shoulder–receiving another unexpected opportunity to scan his entrancing eyes.

T-They're so beautif–

"No one's joining the survey corps. Let's go. " Mikasa hauled Eren away and walked ahead, leaving [Y/n] dumbfounded.

I-Is flying a sin?

------  ┻━┻ ︵ヽ('Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻  ------

First anime story of mine!

Before anything else, I will never forget to give thanks to LucyTehWarrier for making the cover for this story! She's a wonderful person and is really good in writing stories. You can follow her by just clicking on her name!

Thank you for reading chapter 1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 12.1K 77
Born with the Spine that saved Ymir, [Y/n] summoned the 10th Titan Shifter, the most powerful of all. It has every fragment of the Nine Titan Shifter...
46.2K 2.2K 52
(ERERI) Vampire! Levi X Eren THIS IS NOT TWILIGHT!!! Eren Jaeger is a boy. He has hopes and dreams like others. Although, not like others. He doesn'...
49K 1K 19
Cursed with a troubled past that was forgotten, (f/n) (l/n) thought she lived a normal life, a life everyone had to live through. A life where they w...
324 22 11
Modern Day Attack On Titan AU. I don't own any of the characters, they belong to the fabulous Hajime Isayama. Preferably over 13 audience. Talk abou...