I am... | SKZ [ Book 2 ]

By 99SPEARB

❛❛ it wasn't until I saw my reflection that's when I woke up and realised that the truth had been hidden away... More

I a m N O T !
NOT! 0 ; p r o l o g u e
NOT! 1
NOT! 2
I a m W H O ?
WHO? 1
WHO? 2
I a m Y O U.

YOU.

490 34 35
By 99SPEARB

It was time once more.

Time to move on, to keep going.

They said their farewells to the people who had kindly taken them in and taken care of them despite being complete strangers.

The people prepared them, gave them extra clothes, as well as extra rations of food and some notes.

The boys confidently walked towards their new destination, going through a tunnel, entering through the bottom floor to go all the way to the roof of the building. That building too looked abandoned, so it would be no trouble for them.

They stopped on their tracks when they saw that Jisung stayed behind for a little bit. Jisung stared at a camera situated on the wall, and began to tear its wires and dismantle the camera itself. He couldn't help it but feel like they were watching them and would come for them any minute. He wouldn't let that happen, not when they were in this long, sometimes hurtful, but freeing journey.

"Everything okay..?" Chan asked once Jisung joined them and he just 'smiled,' nodding his head.

When they arrived at the roof, there were already some things there; a couch with wheels, a shopping trolly, a trampoline (where they placed some of their clothes), some showers, lights, and many more things that they later added.

They excitedly ran through the large roof exploring everything.

Jisung stayed behind and just observed, which Seungmin noticed, so he ran back to get him to join them. This was the first time Seungmin had done something like that towards Jisung. He ran excitedly, one hand stretched out to reach for Jisung, and bright smile on his face as he trotted towards the other boy.

Seeing Seungmin excited and happy like that made Jisung smile, but this time he could feel it was genuine, which made him smile even more. "Come on, join us!" Seungmin said, grabbing a Jisung by the wrist and running towards the other seven boys.

I think I'll be good now. Jisung thought as he made way with Seungmin to the others. Mom... I love you, and I miss you so much, but wherever you are... don't be worried, I'll be good now, I am in good hands. I realised the questions I had were all answered perfectly by the eight other friends here with me. Our chemistry is perfect. Your son is safe and happy now. I will never forget you...

When Seungmin and Jisung joined the others, Changbin and Hyunjin sat on the couch as the others moved it around.

Little by little as they cleaned the place and move things around, personalising it. This was no longer an abandoned rooftop, now it was Stray Kids' abandoned rooftop.

They hung small lights, moved he speakers to somewhere they could dance comfortably to whatever music was playing, and somehow got the small TV to work, however, someone had to be cycling in order to provide power.

Once more things seemed to be going well, and even better than before. The nine grew ever closer, rather than just each one with their own friend, and they grew and learned so much from each other.

They would do all of their activities together; playing sports, eating whatever food there was (even if it wasn't always the healthiest), playing around with the trolleys, something as simple getting someone in and passing it between the others. Everything they did together was fun, and it was that way because they knew they could rely on each other like that.

Changbin finally approached Hyunjin, whom he had been avoiding for quite some time.

Changbin tapped the younger's shoulder unexpectedly, startling him and causing him to jump and let out a gasp, which earned a slight chuckle from the older. Typical scaredy-cat Hyunjin. Changbin thought with a grin.

"Oh... Changbin-Hyung..." Hyunjin said after composing himself, getting awkward already, but Changbin was not going to let the situation get awkward.

"Can we talk?" Changbin asked and Hyunjin nodded, nervous.

Once they were far from the others, who were currently watching whatever was on TV, Changbin spoke. "I want to apologise... for the way I lashed out at you and treated you." He said, rubbing the back of his neck as he walked by Hyunjin's side. "I shouldn't have treated you like that, I was just frustrated at what you were saying because I didn't know the reason as to why I was like that... I didn't mean to ruin our friendship like that."

Hyunjin didn't speak. He was not angry, and he accepted the apology, but this was just so sudden he didn't know what to say.

"Could you please say something? This is getting awkward and I don't want it to... not like before..."

"Sorry, this is just too sudden..."

"Oh... sorry... I just wanted us to stop avoiding each other. It's childish, but I know that it was my fault in the first place." Changbin said embarrassedly. "I also wanted to thank you... It was thanks to you noticing and bringing it up to me that I was able to accept it. I was just too scared to accept it back then. No words will ever express how sorry I am and I would do anything to make it up to you... I just want our friendship to be like it used to."

"It won't," Hyunjin said, stretching his arms and letting his upper body fall on the trampoline (they had walked around until they settled on the trampoline and talked there).

Changbin was shocked... to say the least, and just as he was about to say something, Hyunjin continued. "There came a point where I didn't know myself either, and I thought I was wandering alone, with no one to understand me or know what I was going through. When I saw you like that I saw myself reflected in you and I didn't want you to go through the same thing I was going through alone, so I reached out to you but it didn't turn out well."

Changbin sighed and he too, let his upper body flop on to the trampoline. "I... I'm sorry..." The only thing Changbin felt he had to do was apologise for his actions and mistakes, but Hyunjin didn't want an apology, not anymore. "What do you mean it won't though?"

"Because we aren't alone in your problems anymore. You opened up to me about it and now we can get through this together. It won't be all fun and games anymore, life just isn't like that anymore... but if you ever need someone, I'll be by your side." Hyunjin said smiling, and then turned his head to face Changbin.

"Aww, look at my baby being all grown up and mature~" Changbin teased and pinched Hyunjin's cheek. Well, at least playful, aegyo Bin was back.

"Ah, seriously, what's wrong with you?" Hyunjin complained and swatted away Changbin's hand.

"No, but really, I would do anything for you, even if it meant being dark just so you can shine brighter." Changbin said, looking at the lone moon in the sky.

"Aish, what are you saying? Now you're just speaking nonsense!" Hyunjin teased back and both broke into laughter and kept playing like that for the rest of the evening, any trace of previous awkwardness completely gone.

Minho enjoyed the company of the others. Sometimes he would still hear the voices in his dreams, but Jeongin would be there to help him calm down, and as more members were aware of it, they all helped him get over it. Now, what he would hear were his friends' voices, saying positive things, rather than the negative, hurtful words his classmates used to say.

Jeongin got through his problems as well. The others opened up to him and he opened up to them. He no longer felt like an outsider and he no longer felt bitter.

Opening up oneself to others can lead to getting hurt, but sometimes it's worth it because one could also find priceless, never ending friendships. If one isolated themselves from others and is always closed off, it will only end up harming the person rather than doing them any good by "avoiding getting hurt." Having friends by your side really is worth it.

Hyunjin too, opened up. He started with Seungmin, apologising for his behaviour and answering every question he had. It was the least he could do when Seungmin had been nothing but nice to him.

He not only opened up to Changbin and Seungmin, but the others as well.

It was Felix's turn to cycle so they could watch the TV, so as night was setting, the nine boys had fun laughing and talking about whatever crappy show was on or whatever documentary played. They learned a lot of random things from documentaries, specially about so many animals they didn't know even existed, and about the world in general.

While cycling was tiresome, he still had a blast and really enjoyed the company of the others.

Once night had fully set, they decided to stop watching TV.

They still hung out around the couch, but everyone was doing their own thing.

Chan tried sleeping, while Changbin and Hyunjin played around. Eventually Seungmin joined them and piled on top of Hyunjin. Woojin teased Minho and played around with the others.

Jisung was around the others when Seungmin joined in and played around with them, making weird noises, and the maknae imitating him, making Jisung laugh nonstop.

After playing around, they all went to their made "mattress," which was the trampoline big enough for the nine of them covered in clothes in order for it to be comfortable.

The nine huddled together and close to each other, giving those around them warmth and comfort, and for the first time in a long time, Chan was able to sleep soundly and without discomfort.

The next morning, they all woke up and removed the clothes, deciding to play on the trampoline, Felix and Woojin jumped in sync, Woojin copying everything the younger did, and eventually more joined in and started jumping.

"It feels like I've gotten taller!" Changbin exclaimed making the others laugh.

Woojin tried skateboarding and after a few tries, he was able to get it,

Chan just watched from a distance (Chris is watching) as the others had fun and smiled fondly. He felt full rather than empty as he was in the system, they really filled a deep void that had formed in him through the harshness of the system. He didn't know if he would ever be able to fill the void, but thanks to his eight friends, he was able to do so.

Hyunjin, Felix, and Minho played with Jeongin, who was inside a trolly.

"Let's pass him around!" Minho said and passed him to Hyunjin, who caught the trolly and sent him back to Minho.

They played around like that for a while until they threw Jeongin as far as they could and ran from him, laughing.

Jeongin closed his eyes, trying to avoid dizziness, but when he opened them, he saw a sight unfamiliar to him.

The roof was so vast and spacious they had never gone to the farther, empty places of the rooftop, but now Jeongin would be the first to explore.

He stood close to the edge, observing what lied before him.

"Huh? What is Jeongin doing all the way over there?" Woojin questioned, pointing at their youngest.

"Innie! Come back!" Several of the older tried yelling, but Jeongin just yelled in return "Hyungs, come over here!!"

Neither could hear the other very well, so they just decided to go over to Jeongin as he excitedly waved for them to go over to where he was.

"What is it?" Chan asked once he reached the youngest.

"Look!" Was all he said and he pointed to the large, populated city that was in front of them as they stood by the edge.

They had never noticed it due to not exploring those parts of the rooftop, but now that they had seen it, they knew what their next destination was, and they were ready for it.

They were ready for what awaited them... The maze...

2030 words

Sooooo, this concludes the second book of the series. I should really stop procrastinating and write more in advance bc I literally wrote this a few hours before the time I had planned to post, haha... ha.. STOP PROCRASTINATING MATE!! I'll try to do a proper job at writing for my next story ;-; and by that I mean, writing better in general + writing longer chapters + writing in advance heh.

Also, this chapter is not in chronological order other than the beginning and ending.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this, and that's all for today!

Happy Mixtape 2 year anniversary!! xo

January 8, 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.9K 35
Completed (maybe editing) (the plot of this book isn't very creative so i'm not sure if you'd want to read this) Seungmin has fallen into depression...
232K 4.1K 88
when jyp made a huge decision he was unsure of, only to reveal the start of something amazing *bad language* *very bad writing i'm so sorry* *ex-memb...
4.5K 96 15
𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 2 𝚘𝚏 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝚅𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎 "I Love You" "Nahh...I Love You More" ~ ©Sᴡᴇᴇᴛ_Sᴛʀᴀʏ 𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕:...
568K 17.2K 32
It all started with a 'truth or dare'. ↠ ↠ ↠ Started : 19th October, 2019 Ended : 31st December, 2019 ↠ ↠ ↠ [Under serious typo correction]