𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘰𝘱 ~ 𝐦𝐚𝐱 𝐦𝐚...

By softlyiridescent

❝ I'm gonna marry you with a ring pop. ❞ ∘◦ ミ☆ ◦∘ IN WHICH addison gray longs to marry max mayfield with a... More

Ring Pop!
Mixtape
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Twelve

17.6K 582 2K
By softlyiridescent

Chapter Twelve:
"They're Your Favorites."
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Addison groaned, rolling out of the bed. "Ow!"

She winced, pushing herself off of the floor. Opening her eyes after the pain faded, she looked around the room, she blinked in confusion.

"Steve's house? Why am I at Steve's house?" She muttered furrowing her eyebrows, until she realized. "Oh.. Oh, yeah.. Yeah, right."

Addison left the room, walking down the halls. Her eyes trailed against the pictures of Steve and his family against the walls. His quiet snoring bounced off the walls, alerting her that he was still asleep.

Deciding she didn't want to wake him, Addison thought she'd call someone to come get her.

The sun shined brightly through the bay window in his kitchen, causing her to squint.

"Am I hungry? Yes." Addison said to herself as she pulled open Steve's shiny fridge.

Her amber eyes scanned the shelves before she pulled out a bag of strawberries. "Perfect."

Addison bit into the red fruit, dialing the number.  She hummed sadly to herself, nibbling on the large strawberry.

After she finished dialing the number, she lifted the black phone to her ear and leaned tiredly against the wall.

Unfortunately, Addison didn't sleep much last night. Her mind kept wandering back to her.

Her smile, her hair. Addison's stomach flooded with butterflies every time she thought about Max. Her lips tingled when she thought about how Max kissed her.

Addison's lips craved hers. She wanted so desperately to kiss Max until she could no longer breathe.

"Hello, Wheeler residence."

"Nancy! Nancy, hi." Addison tried to smile, forgetting for a second that Nancy couldn't see her.

"Are you okay? I didn't see you at the dance last night after the bathroom."

"Uh, yeah. Can you come pick me up, please?" Addison twirled the cord around her finger.

"Where are you?"

"Steve's." She replied casually.

Nancy paused for a moment, "Did you say Steve's?"

"Yeah, Steve's." Addison bit into the rest of the strawberry.

"Steve's?" She repeated, her voice

"Yeah, Nance. Steve's."

"Why are you at Steve's?" Addison could hear the confusion in her voice.

Addison stayed silent for a moment, "Uh, no reason. I just.. uh, I just am."

The phone line went silent and Addison could hear Nancy's voice in the background, most likely asking her mom.

"Okay, I'll, um, I'll be there soon." Nancy's voice seemed mildly concerned.

~~

Addison waved to Nancy through her bedroom window as she drove away.

Tiredly, she fell back into the bed, only to have her mind wander back to her.

Addison missed Max, and it had only been a day. She realized she didn't like fighting with her, not one bit.

Everything felt so.. wrong after their fight. Addison hated it. She hated it so, so much.

Addison's mind became wrapped up in thoughts of her. Everything about Max was hypnotic to Addison.

From the way her lips curved up every so slightly when she was about to throw a flirty comment Addison's way to the way the corner of her mesmerizing blue eyes would wrinkle when she laughed.

Max's laugh was her favorite. It sounded like music to her ears, almost as if angels themselves were singing.

Addison could, and would gladly, think about Max for hours and hours and hours. But she wasn't so sure how she would feel or react if she saw Max right now.

Addison groaned, covering her face with her hands. She just wanted to sleep.

But alas, fate had different ideas in mind.

The sound of pebbles hitting her window woke her from her day dream state.

Addison pushed herself out of the bed and walked over to the window. Peering over the window, her eyebrows furrowed when she saw Max standing there.

She held a bundle of flowers in her hand and an apologetic smile on her face.

Addison tilted her head, feeling her heartbeat increasing as she gestured to Max to wait there.

Her mind wandered, wondering what she was going to say. Taking in a deep breath, she pulled open the front door.

Max turned her head, gulping before she took fast paced steps towards Addison.

The shorter girl crossed her arms, rubbing her pointer finger against the fabric of the shirt.

"Hey, Addie.." Max said slowly, scratching the back of her head. She looked down at the flowers in her hand. "I brought you these, uh, we can't afford much so.."

Addison rose an eyebrow, trying her best to stare coldly at her, "Where'd you get them then?"

"I totally didn't pick them from an old lady's green house.." Max tried to joke. "But-But! They're your favorite.. so.. I double checked with Dustin first."

"Those are orchids?" Addison's eyes softened.

"Ye-Yeah! Yes, and carnations.. those were a bitch to find." Max gave a small smile as Addison lifted them to her face to smell. "Listen, uh, I just wanted to say sorry.. I shouldn't have said what I said, and I didn't mean it."

"You.. You didn't?"

Max shook her head 'no', "No.. I didn't. The truth is.. I only kissed Lucas because it was easier, and I kind of like him, too.. and I know that's not any better, but.. I couldn't handle the worry that if I was with you.. Billy would find us one day, and-"

"Hurt us?" Addison finished for her, swallowing thickly.

Max nodded her head silently, "Yeah.. I do really like you, and I'm so sorry. It was fucked up for me to do."

Addison let a giggle pass her lips as she looked down, "A little bit."

"That's the truth..." Max said awkwardly, looking around.

"Is there any other truth?" Addison spoke slowly, proud of herself for not going on a ramble or tripping over her words.

Max bit her lip, looking down at her shoes. "Yeah.."

"What is it?"

"I like you." Max whispered, "Really, really like you.."

"But.. what about Lucas?"

Max stayed silent. "I-I don't know.. All I know is I like you, a lot.." Max murmured, stepping closer.

"More than Lucas?"

"More than Lucas." Max nodded with grin, reaching up and tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Co-Cool." Addison looked up at Max, her cheeks heating up.

Max placed her hand on the door behind Addison, slowly leaning in.

Addison inhaled sharply, glancing down at Max's lips before standing on her tippy toes and connecting their lips.

The flowers she held tickled her stomach through the fabric of her shirt.

Addison didn't worry about anyone seeing them as she reacher her hand over and gripped Max's shirt.

She fiddled with the fabric between her fingers as she smiled into the kiss.

And everything fell back into its rightful place.

~~

"I'm a horrible person!" Addison groaned, covering her face and falling backwards onto Will's bed.

"You're literally not, but.. why?" Will chuckled, watching her kick her feet up in the air.

"I kissed Max, well, she kissed me. We kissed." Addison pulled her hands from her face.

"And that makes you a bad person.. how?" Will tilted his head, placing his comic book to the side.

"Lucas! You don't understand, Will. He likes her, and she said she kind of liked him too, and I-I just.. he's always so nice to me and he likes her and I can't do that to him." Addison huffed, turning her head to look at him. "I-I.. I.. I just.. I can't hurt him, I can't do.. can't do that to him."

"But you can let yourself get hurt?" Will countered, "How many times, Addie?"

"I want him to be happy, I-I.. I really want her to be happy.. I want them to be happy."

"What about your happiness, Addison? Hm? What about you?"

Addison stayed silent, staring up at the ceiling. Her eyes glossed over and her chest rose and fell unevenly.

"Addie, I know that C-"

Addison sat up quickly, cutting him off. "Don't say it. Don't say her name, Will."

"I know that she hurt you, Addie. But she and Max are different people. Just because she hurt you, doesn't mean Max will. When is it your turn, Max?" Will reached forward, grabbing her hand in his. "You're allowed to be happy with Max, Addie."

Addison sniffed, shaking her head. "But Lucas.."

"No buts, Addison. It's your turn."

Addison leaned forward, wrapping her arms around Will's neck. "It'd be so much easier if we could date."

She mumbled into his neck, earning a laugh from the boy.

"I'm sure it would be."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1449 }

{ A/n: no one:
my gay characters: *know their love interest for an hour* i want to kiss them until i die }

{ Edited: No }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 456 19
COMPLETED UNTIL SEASON FIVE! "Young lovers with their legs tied up in knots" [SEASON THREE-FIVE] mike wheeler x fem!oc
31.1K 666 41
A story about a girl named Wendy Darling Harrington who experiences one of her best friends ending up missing, a strange girl with telekinetic powers...
2.2M 86.2K 85
"Eve Harrington, you're a complete and total idiot." - Stranger Things Max Mayfield x fem!oc Seasons 2-4
282K 9.6K 51
In which Valerie Sinclair is forced to move back to her hometown of Hawkins Indiana and stay with her cousin and his family, to have a better life bu...