Love is not always Sweet

By anjuarshi

Hello friends... 😊😊 This is my another arshi story... not a new concept, though... I always disliked the w... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 16

5.5K 335 62
By anjuarshi

As soon as Khushi opened the door, she saw her sister Payal standing at the doorstep with tears flowing down her cheeks... Before she could even react, she felt herself being engulfed in Payal's hug... Payal was crying while letting her heart out...

Payal: I am sorry Khushi... I couldn't see the truth before and protect you from him... Being your sister, I should have seen it... You thought about my happiness but I failed to understand you... What kind of a sister I am... but I never thought that Arnav Singh Raizada could stoop so low...

Khushi slowly grasped what Payal was saying... Her sister got to know about the truth of their marriage... but how?

After a minute, Khushi pulled back from the hug...

Khushi: jiji, it's not your fault but how do you...

Before she could complete the question, Payal answered it with atmost hatred...

Payal: he confessed his deeds to Dadiji, yesterday night... I heard everything...

Payal faced Khushi... Her expressions softened while she continued...

Payal: Khushi, you could have talked to me... Why did you do this? I can't get away from the guilt that you entered this forceful marriage because he used me as a threat...

Khushi(nodding her head in a no): no jiji... It's nothing you should feel guilty about... He believed Shyamji's words, fell into his trap, forced me into this marriage and I agreed...

Payal: you should have talked to us...

Khushi: I couldn't take the risk, jiji... It's about your life... your love towards jijaji... most importantly, your marriage which once spoiled because of me...

Payal immediately clutched Khushi's hands and nodded her head in a no... She could never agree that it was Khushi's fault... It was always Arnav Singh Raizada... He was the one who was responsible for every drama in their life starting from breaking of her alliance to marrying Khushi forcefully... Khushi had to suffer because of him...

Payal: and I was a fool to not see into my sister's life... I should have known when you entered by suddenly marrying him... I should have understood you... but instead, I got angry and left you... It was all because of that Shyam Jha and Arnav Singh Raizada... I thought Arnavji was not as bad as we took him initially... but clearly, I was wrong... He would never change...

Khushi(murmuring while looking at a corner): he is not bad... He is only bad to me... (she remembered how he treated her after marriage) he only hated me... (flashes of Arnav taking care of Anjali came into her mind) but he loved his family... his di a lot... I guess that's the reason, he couldn't even confront me before doing all these... He just had one thing in his mind... to protect his di...

Payal(giving a sarcastic smile): huh... His impulsive actions lead him to nowhere... He ruined your life for the sake of his di... Now, he will suffer... he will know how it would feel when his own di for whom he played with your life would disappear from his life... It's his turn to feel the pain...

Khushi gets shocked to hear those words...

Khushi: jiji, what do you mean by that...?

Payal: we all planned to move out of his house... Yesterday, Nani made this decision and asked him to stay away from us...

Khushi: what??

Payal: in my view, every punishment will be small when compared to the things he had done to you, Khushi... but I guess, this is the only correct way to deal with his sins...

Khushi gulped hearing this... She couldn't take this... If she felt this way, what would have Arnav gone through... He might be broken and devastated... By this time, Khushi had tears in her eyes...

Khushi: no jiji... this is not right... Arnavji will be completely broken... I should talk with Naniji...

Saying that, Khushi was about to move when Payal clutched her arm...

Payal: this is right, Khushi... Whatever Dadiji said is right... He deserves this... don't be selfless... that too for a monster like him...

Khushi: no... He doesn't deserve this... I need to speak with Naniji once...

Payal: Khushi, Daadiji is in hospital with di... You don't have to speak about anything... He is receiving his share of punishment... So, just leave about him now...

Khushi shrugged away Payal's arm and rushed to her room... Payal was about to follow Khushi when someone stopped her by placing their hand on her shoulder... She turned around only to see Garima with tears in her eyes... She immediately hugged her...

Payal: we misunderstood our Khushi, Amma... (she cried)

Garima: I know... (she said while running her fingers through Payal's hair)

Payal immediately pulled back with questioning eyes...

Payal: you know? how??

Garima: Arnav himself told us everything...

Payal was surprised to hear this...

***

Khushi locked herself inside the room... She is worried for Arnav... He might be feeling so lonely... devastated... Whatever he might have done to her, she accept it isn't good... but loosing his family should be his punishment?? No... He already lost so much in his life... He lost his parents... He couldn't handle it if di moves away from his life... Khushi felt miserable... She couldn't even imagine Arnav's state now... It scared her to think about what he might be going through... She immediately picked her cell and dialled him... She held her breathe when it started ringing but she received no answer... She dialled again but came through same response... She became more worried... She paced in her room for few more minutes... She dialled back again and again but still got no response from his end... She couldn't sit there anymore... She took her purse and left her room...

***

Arnav was sitting at the edge of the pool in his room, with an alcohol bottle in his hand... He gulped the liquid down his throat and watched the still water... What had he done to his life... His mother... his di... his wife... his family... his love... everything and everyone left him... He was alone now... and noone could be blamed except for him... He was the only one... He hurt the feelings of a woman... He pointed at her character... He made her suffer for something which he just assumed... These memories haunted him since the time Khushi left him and his heart ached... but that was only intesifying day by day... Why can't it pain less...? Now, his family too hated him... Of course they would hate him... He spoiled the life of a woman and crushed her emotions which his family members never expected from him... His di always believed that he might be getting angry for silly things but he was nice at heart... Now, they all might be thinking whether he even had any heart to hurt Khushi... They were disappointed... Especially his di... Her brother played with a woman's emotions... He blackmailed her and married her forcefully... which family could take this fact... They all loved Khushi as much as they loved him... So, how could they stay calm then... but he never expected them to move away from him completely... Nani's words still played in his mind...

"Anjali bitiya needs some peace which couldn't be attained if we stay here with you in this house... We would be moving out of this house soon... There would be noone to question whatever you do... but still, I request you not to play with Khushi bitiya's emotions anymore... "

He gulped his drink again... There is noone with him now... He is left alone... alone... He lifted his hand to drink when someone snatched the bottle from his hand... He looked up only to find Khushi standing beside him with the bottle in her hands now... She is looking beautiful... like always... and she looked worried... for him?? no... this might be a dream... How could she be worried for a man who made her suffer... Arnav smiled at her and continued staring at her face... Her next words made him realize that it's not a dream...

Khushi: what do you think you are doing...?

Arnav: staring at you...

Alcohol started showing its effects on him...

Khushi: you are drinking... (she stated)

Arnav is least interested in anything other than the beautiful face which he is seeing currently... Wish he could stop the time... Slowly, he gets up while stumbling and Khushi holds his hand before he could fall into the pool... Khushi looked into his eyes which seemed to be carrying a lot of emotions in them... She could read the pain in his eyes... Arnav slowly moved close to her, not breaking their eyelock... He tucked the hair strand behind her ear...

Arnav: Khushi... (he uttered huskily making Khushi come out of the trance)

Khushi took a back step and Arnav closed his eyes feeling empty again... just like the empty bottles of alcohol he consumed before Khushi's arrival...

Khushi: why are you drinking, Arnavji?

Arnav opened his eyes to see her face again while Khushi continued...

Khushi: I mean, alcohol is not allowed in Raizada mansion right...

Arnav gave a sarcastic smile after hearing that...

Arnav: Raizada mansion...? no Khushi... you are mistaken... This is no more a Raizada mansion... this is a place where a ghost resides... alone... who only knows to hurt people around him... people who loved him... and now, it wouldn't bother anyone even if I drink... You know why... because I am alone now... I am alone... no family... no Nani... no di... no Khushi... (he said in a broken voice)

It pained like hell... Khushi couldn't see Arnav in such a state... because whatever might have happened, she always had loved him... and she still feels for him... her heart still beats for the man who stood infront of her... so broken... so devastated...

Tears started flowing down her cheeks while she watched him taking a step forward and reaching her... He lifted his hands and cupped her cheeks... He wiped off her tears using his thumb while still holding her head in between his palms...

Arnav: You know, I hate to see you cry... (he gives a sarcastic smile before continuing) but everytime you cry, it would be because of me... how ironic... Even when I couldn't tolerate tears in your eyes, I always gave you pain... I always made you shed tears... You know, when you smile, my heart fills with contentment... and if I am the reason behind your smile, I feel more proud and happy... You remember, you got two silver coins in a surf packet before Diwali... that day I felt the same... so proud of myself, contended and happy... I could make you smile... I felt happy... Your smile means a lot to me, Khushi...

Arnav just continued with the flow as the alcohol effect is taking a full toll over him... and Khushi was busy in analyzing each word uttered by Arnav... So, he was the one who placed those silver coins in that packet... that's why that packet looked damaged on that day...

Arnav(continuing): but I had hurt you again... On Diwali night, I hurt you very badly... Isn't it...?

Khushi remembered that day... How could she even forget it... Both of them could clearly see what they felt for each other but they never accepted the truth then...

Arnav: I was a fool then... I know, you are affecting me like noone ever did... One look at you and I lost myself... You were so beautiful, Khushi...

Khushi's heart started beating fastly, hearing to his words... Why he had to drink and why should she come to see him...? She should move away from him but she couldn't... She shouldn't fall weak but she couldn't help it... Her heart yearned to hear what he felt for her... So she stayed still while he continued...

Arnav: and like always, I pushed away all my feelings for you... I agreed to marry Lavanya and degraded you again... I made fun of my own feelings by not accepting them... I said, you meant nothing to me when you became the one who never left my thoughts...

Khushi felt as if someone clutched her heart so tightly... She wanted to cry... She wanted to smile... She wanted to hug him... She wanted to run away from him... but she could do nothing... She just stood still with her eyes filled with tears...

Arnav moved his hands down and took her palms in his, raising them above to his level...

Arnav: I am sorry Khushi... for each and every time I hurt you... for each and every word which pained you... for my every action which made you suffer... I am really sorry...

Khushi couldn't stand there anymore... She was getting weak by his words and actions which was not the reason she came there... She pulled down her hands, separating from his hold and turned around... She wiped the remains of her tears and took a step to walk away from him when she felt him holding her hand... She stopped in her track but didn't turn around, fearing she might loose her strength...

Khushi: let me go, Arnavji...

Arnav: please don't go, Khushi... (he pleaded in a broken voice)

Khushi: I have to...

Arnav: no...

Khushi: Arnavji...

Arnav turned her around and hugged her tightly...

Arnav: don't leave...

Khushi could do nothing other than hugging him back after hearing his words... Both of them stayed like that, feeling each other... After a while, Khushi opened her eyes slowly...

Khushi: Arnavji... (she called but there was no response)

Slowly, she moved back while holding him... His eyes were semi-closed... She managed to bring him towards the bed and made him sleep on it... She covered him with the duvet properly and caressed his hair... After placing a kiss on his forehead, she stood straight and turned to leave but he still held her hand...

Arnav: don't leave me, Khushi... I am all alone... (he muttered in sleep)

Khushi wiped the tears that were about to fall and freed her hand from his hold... She placed his hand properly on the bed and turned to leave... She took a deep breathe, deciding what to do and left the room... She should go to the hospital... She couldn't let Arnav suffer...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.3K 3.8K 35
Hello Readers! This was originally a Bepannaah/Adiya fanfic, but I am publishing this story as an Arshi fanfic as well. I hope this fandom enjoys thi...
149K 5.6K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...
380K 9.9K 14
Hello dearies... This is show based story and I'm writing this kind of story for the first time. I don't own the characters (except few) and base sto...
262K 7.8K 26
After seeing them leaving to Paris.. He was totally broken.. He didn't return back to Raizada Mansion but drove to his Apartment.. He slammed the apa...