Becoming Bad

Por allyystories

How bad can a good girl get? With her entire future planned out in excruciating detail, all Adelina Baker wan... Más

becoming bad
aesthetics & trailer
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
epilogue
the end

chapter twenty-seven

889 38 2
Por allyystories

"She didn't want him in bits and pieces, she wanted him all, good and bad, every last atom."

- Atticus (changed)

✥ ✥ ✥

"FUCK, KAYLA. CAN'T YOU TAKE IT EASY ON ME?"

I let out breathless as the girl in front of me circles the training mat, her high ponytail like mine shifting from one side to the other, but all I hear is a loud laugh escaping her lips.

After class, Damien's sister and I came back straight to the house and we've been fighting for over an hour now, and yet she's ready to charge in my direction again.

At least it's an efficient distraction from reality and a way to improve the skills I've been training with the bad boy. He was nowhere to be seen after the little show we put up in the hallway and honestly, even though I can't take my mind away from him, I have too much pride to ask him to train with me.

"Focus, Adelina, or else you will never win." Her words take me back to the real world in the same minute and luckily, she spares me a few minutes before sprinting down straight at me.

All I can think now is how to attack Kayla and I do just that. She throws a strong fist at my face but I dodge it by millimeters, taking advantage of her sudden movement to pass under her right arm and twist it in her back.

She groans in pain and I let out a victory smile, that's exactly where my mistake is.

Damien's sister hits me from the back with her head and now it's my turn to curse underneath my breath. Stings shoot through my nose and the way I bite my lips draws blood.

Kayla doesn't give me time, treating this like a real fight just like I asked her to, and turns around, charging at me straight at my stomach.

All I have time to do is close my eyes before the impact of the mat comes and her weight is thrown on top of me.

A smug smile is written across her lips as she leans on me but one thing I've learned is that cockiness makes you lose.

My next move catches her off guard and that's exactly my intention. I grab her neck from the back with my right arm and bring it next to my face, locking my legs around her waist. A startled shriek leaves her mouth but, I spare her no time and twist our bodies so my left leg is now pressing her throat to the floor, giving her no space to breathe.

I'm sweating and Kayla is struggling with my tight grip but I don't let go, not until she slams the mat, signing for me to stop. This position was one that I had to master so Damien couldn't take advantage of his height and bring me to the floor in a matter of minutes.

After a few seconds, she finally gives up, and when I lose the grasp around her throat, she gasps deeply for air. I do the same, adrenaline rushing through my entire body and now, I let myself smile for beating Kayla Stone.

This is the first time ever since we started training today that I could catch her off guard and I can tell my friend notices that fact when she shows me her aligned white teeth.

"I must say, Lina. You have a damn potential for this." We are seated in front of each other on the mat, both of us looking like a mess and I can't help but blush at her words, deep inside feeling like I've found something that I'm good at.

"Is that so? Or are you just easy to defeat?" Kayla widens her hazel eyes at my response, showing me her middle finger and I throw my head back in a deep laugh, "You love me."

I send her a kiss and after a moment of her eyebrows raised, she ends up winking and sending me another one.

"Do you want water or something from the kitchen?" Despite the urge to lay down and never stand up again, I force myself to do it and my head aches in response. The girl next to me really didn't hold back her strength.

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm not weak like you." There's payback in her voice and I roll my eyes, causing a loud laugh to come from her. Before I'm out of the gym, I scream 'fuck you' at her, trying to save face but she immediately yells back.

A low chuckle leaves my lips when I hear it.

I tighten my ponytail while walking down the hallway that leads to the kitchen and even though I know this way by heart now, I can't help but get lost while going to other areas of the house.

Can you blame me? It's a damn mansion.

Luckily, no one is in the room when I reach it and I head straight to the side-by-side fridge, opening its doors while my sore throat urges for water. It's always like this after training with the Stone's and I don't think I will ever get used to it.

I lose no time in grabbing the water bottle that is waiting for me perfectly cold on the shelve but before I can take a refreshing gulp of it, I let out a startled scream when I notice a particular someone resting against the counter on my left.

The bottle falls from my hands and I can't hold back the 'fuck' that leaves my mouth when I look straight into his mesmerizing eyes, my heartbeat going frantic from the huge scare.

"You replaced me then, huh?" His voice is low and I want to rip away the cocky smile that rests on his kissable lips. But I close my eyes, taking a deep breath before gathering every ounce of patience I still have of this day to face the boy in front of me.

He's probably talking about me fighting with his sister and when the uncomfortableness of being replaced becomes clear in his face, I decide to use it in my favor.

"You can always punch another wall to ease the jealously, Damien. If I don't want you to teach me, there's always someone else who can."

I simply state the obvious, teasing him while locking my gaze straight with his and I notice little sparks of annoyance in him.

He presses his tongue against his inside cheek, probably trying to calm down and I can't help but bite my lip, memories of how my body reacts to him filling my entire mind.

Damien is really fucking good-looking.

Yet, I don't give up my position, too prideful for that.

"Be ready at 7 tonight, gorgeous. We are going somewhere." I raise my eyebrows at him, causing a smirk to appear on his lips but before I can even say I'm not a puppet to answer his commands, he leaves me alone in the kitchen.

"Bastard."

I whisper underneath my breath as I grab the bottle from the floor, feeling even thirstier now.

Five minutes until seven pm, the clock on my nightstand marks. Not that I'm counting but it still makes my heartbeat slam against my chest.

I'm seated on the edge of my bed, my legs shaking from anticipation while I wait for Damien to knock on my door.

After winning against Kayla, I took a long shower and watched some Netflix in my room before it was time to get ready.

I'm wearing a tight black dress that marks every inch of my body flawlessly and the leather jacket and same color ankle boots I chose match it perfectly.

A red lipstick embellishes my lips, the way I did my black eyeliner in a foxy style really causes my eyes to glow and my hair is up in a high ponytail, parts of my bangs loose to frame my face.

I decided to get this done once and for all by making sure I look damn good.

My phone on my lap rings, causing me to startle in place and pulling me back from my thoughts in the same moment and when I take a look at the screen, I feel my heart tighten in my chest.

"Hi, Lina!" Sammy's voice is loud and sweet through the line and I chuckle at his reaction, remembering just how much I miss him. This is breaking me.

"Hey, gummy bear. What's up?"

"I want to wish you good night." When I hear his words, I have to hold back the tears that threaten to leave my cheeks wet, not wanting him to hear how broken I am for this situation. Instead, I put on a smile even though Samuel can't see it and take a deep breath.

"Aw, good night, babe. I love you so much, ok? Never forget that." I hear Linda's voice in the back, telling him that she will read him a story and I need to remember that deep inside, it's for the best. Sammy doesn't deserve to be caught in the crossfire that it's my life at the moment.

"I miss you, Lina." It feels like a stab in my chest.

"Miss you too, Sammy. Soon, we will be together, alright?" I lie flawlessly, not knowing for how long I will need to keep the truth away from him but if it's for him to have a normal childhood, I will do it without even blinking.

"Love you." With that, he hangs up and I'm left with my heart broken. I look up so my makeup isn't ruined and keep on the fake smile that rests in my mouth.

Breathe, Adelina.

My phone buzzes again but this time I know it's who I've been waiting for and when I look at the text, I can't hold my eyes from rolling.

Bad boy: Come down, waiting for you in the driveway

Damien didn't even take the time to knock on the door while getting past my room.

Rude.

I don't even reply and tuck my phone away in my purse before doing exactly what he told me, despite the urge to stay in bed and leave him hanging.

The chilling breeze of middle October sends a shiver throughout my spine as I get outside but the moment I spot the bad boy leaning against his motorcycle, all air feels lost.

Instead of his usual leather jacket, Damien looks fucking hot in a plain black shirt that highlights his toned arms and abs but it's a bit loose, leaving just enough space for imagination and he also dons the same color jeans. The black choice makes his hazel eyes prominent and his dark blonde hair is immaculately combed back but what catches my attention is the silver chain around his neck that I haven't seen before.

He is even more handsome with it and if I weren't pissed, I would beg him to fuck me right here against his bike.

Yet, I keep my lips shut as I go in his direction, not wanting to inflate his ego and cursing underneath my breath for imagining the scene.

"Fucking gorgeous," Damien whispers, causing butterflies in my stomach and I can't help but bite my lip when I notice a dirty smile dancing on his mouth as he memorizes my every curve. His gaze is penetrating and I have to remember myself to breathe.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I don't fall into his little game, remembering the reason why my blood is still boiling and he knows it when all he lets out is a low laugh, "Where are we going?"

"Surprise." With that, the bad boy hands me the same motorcycle helmet I used last time and I roll my eyes at him, annoyed that he uses my hate for surprises against me.

Despite my anger, I still place my arms tightly against his chest, not wanting to fall off and I can somehow know he's smirking in front of me.

This asshole.

We lose no time in leaving the house and I let myself breathe deeply, feeling the wind. It's one of the best feelings in the world and even though I don't tell the boy in front of me, I always look forward to riding with him.

"Adelina?" Damien is not sure if he should use my nickname, glad to know.

"Huh?"

"Did Kayla talked to you about any boy these past days?" I'm caught off guard by his words, sure that he has never asked about his sister to me and the only name that comes to mind is his friend's.

But I know I promised her not to say anything or else she would get in trouble and I'm a girl who stands by her word.

"I'm not a snitch, Damien. Why?"

"Isn't taking care of my little sister a good reason?" I throw my head back in laughter, not buying a single thing that is leaving his mouth, and when he sighs, I know he doesn't either.

"Fine, Chad is acting all weird around her and they seem to be spending too much time together. We know each other for years but I don't want her to get involved with someone from the gang, not when she has the chance to leave all of this behind." When we stop in the traffic light, he finally lets out why he is so worried about Kayla and even though he can't see it, I widen my eyes at him.

We've never talked about the Shadows in this way, not once he mentioned that he didn't want this future for his sister, and for the first time, I understand why such pressure on him. Damien needs to step up and be the leader his dad wants so Kayla can have a normal life.

Oh fuck.

"Gosh, Damien, you could have talked to me. You are doing your best as a big bro, I can assure you that." I give him a hug from behind, tightening my arms around his chest, and in the exact moment, he softens up, caressing my hands and shoots me a side smile before bringing his attention back to the street.

I'm still hurt by his words but I will always be by his side when he needs me.

After a few minutes of silence, a comfortable one, Damien stops the motorcycle downtown, a part of it that I've never been. It doesn't have much lightning and the building that we stop in front has no signs, only a black iron door and a serious security guard next to it.

Just the thought of what awaits for us thrill me, my heart slamming against my chest and I know the bad boy notices my reaction when he smirks at me while I get off the bike, causing my eyes to roll in the exact second. I will not be bought easily.

Without a word, he gives me his hand, and despite the need to be cold towards him for what he did, I take a deep breath and let myself be guided by Damien. His touch causes a shiver and I contain my thoughts back from imagining his hands somewhere else.

I seriously need to stop having these thoughts.

How can I be so drawn to the boy in front of me?

"You will love this place." His hot breath tickles my ear and that's the last thing he says before signing to the guard so he opens the door for us; the security loses no time in doing it. I feel my heart in my throat, completely in the dark to where I am and perhaps that's the answer to my question.

I love the excitement that the bad boy provides me.

When we enter the room, I have to contain my eyes from widening. Loud rock is reverberating through the walls, red lights on each one of them, and in the middle, there's a black matte fighting mat where two guys are throwing punches at each other. There's a crowd around them, roaring and cheering which only brings more intensity to the room. In the back, a huge bar takes place, showing off lots of bottles and a bartender serves drinks after drinks.

"You took me to a street fight, Damien?" When he notices the thrill in my voice, the bad boy knows he nailed it right on spot and shoots his typical smirk. I roll my eyes but I can't hold back the smile that dances on my lips.

I'm still mad at him, yes but this place makes my entire body buzz with energy and I needed something to take my mind away from all my problems.

"C'mon." He guides us directly to the back of the place and I contain the urge to be the one to talk about what happened. It's frustrating.

While we sit on the leather brown stools, I notice some people looking at us, probably recognizing the boy I am with but neither of them says or does anything. They aren't crazy to mess up with Damien and I wonder if he likes the power he has.

"Shots for me and my girl." Before I can even protest, the stunning blonde bartender pours two shots of vodka for each and now it's the second time I roll my eyes. A smirk continues on his lips but even though I'm pissed, I need the liquid to burn my throat.

"I will drink this, bad boy but I'm not your fucking girl." I gulp both, already feeling the heat flow through my body. Now is Damien's turn to roll his hazel orbs, and a groan of pain comes from behind us.

The fight is over, some people cursing for losing money and others cheering like crazy. One of the guys is laying flat on the mat, a trail of blood leaving his nose and a purple bruise already taking place on his left eye while the other has a victory smile on his lips and it's fisting the air.

"Apparently, I've lost money." The bad boy groans before gulping down his drink and all I do is laugh, patting his shoulder.

"You can't win everything, Damien."

"I still won you, didn't I?" A malicious smile is spread on his lips and he places his hand on my neck, tightening the grip around it and not giving me space to back off.

My entire body shivers and I suck in the breath I was taking, my eyes falling to his lips immediately.

Don't do this, Adelina. He doesn't deserve you.

"No, Damien. Because you chose to see me as a possession, not your equal," I whisper in his ear, running my hand through his hair in a slow manner, "And I'm not desperate for a dick to be treated like that."

With that, I stand up and head straight to the bathroom, having no idea where it is. All I know is that I had to get out of there.

Despite the bad girl facade, my hands are trembling and my nails form half-moons on my palms.

"Where do you think you are going?" His yell reaches my ear and I can only imagine his face behind my back. I don't turn around and neither I answer him.

Luckily, the bathroom door is next to the bar and I get past the crowd to get to it, hoping that Damien can no longer watch me. But before I can even take a deep breath and throw some water on my neck to relieve the tension, something catches my attention.

A list for the fight tonight.

It's on a high stool in front of the mat and anyone can write their name on it, after all, it's called street fight for a reason. I try to push away the idea that forms on my head but it's useless, I'm drawn to it.

As I register my name, I feel my entire body freeze. Damien will be fucking pissed but at the same time I will have a chance to prove I'm getting better and better.

I sign my death sentence and I know it.

✥ ✥ ✥

{A/N: Hey babes! How are you all? Another chapter of BB here and wow, lots of tension huh? Do you have any ideas as to what might happen? If you liked it, please comment and click the star below, it helps the book grow so I can continue writing for you ;) Stay tuned for the next chapter, let's just say shit is about to go down lol.

We are almost at 31k reads and that's simply amazing, I'm so grateful if you are reading this. Thank you.

Stay safe, lots of love, Ally.}

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.6K 163 31
4 childhood best-friends find them self's in the 4 bad boys popular guys bet. What will they do when they find out. Lucy, Bella, Adeline, and Hailey...
316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
397K 12.8K 37
Emma is the quiet, clumsy nerd that keeps to herself and is invisible to everyone but her quirky best friend Stella. Even her alcoholic father and br...
1.2M 35.6K 57
Previously known as The Good Girls Bad Boy. Highest Ranking: #2 in Short-story Michelle White, the 'good girl' next door, was anything but the clich...