SO I WROTE A LETTER! ☆ james...

By -KYBIO

completed | SO I WROTE A LETTER ❝ can i put you down yet? ❞ ❝ not yet, my trusty steed. ... More

SO I WROTE A LETTER !
000 :::: prologue
001 :::: the letter
002 :::: aftermath
003 ::: potions class
004 :::: the kiss
005 :::: the chapter of realizations
006 :::: no such luck
007 :::: it was fun while it lasted
008 :::: school's out... for christmas
009 :::: a true masterpiece
010 :::: YOU DID WHAT?!?!
011 :::: great, i'm lost
012 :::: you're found... ish not really
013 :::: hot coco and a bucket full of answers
014 :::: never have i ever- snivellus, what the fuck ??
015 :::: a surprise visit that nobody fucking asked for
016 :::: welcome to the group except we will not speak of this to anyone ever
017 :::: merry almost chrisler
019 :::: the other letter
020 :::: it's ( finally ) christmas
021 :::: a true christmas miracle
022 :::: it's all over
023 :::: THE END !

018 :::: it was at that moment, she realized, she fucked up

3.7K 134 382
By -KYBIO

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU RAN UP the the stairs then back down again in anticipation. You couldn't do this. What if he didn't like you back? Or what if he didn't want to make anything official? Serious? What were you supposed to do if that happened?

You ran back up the stairs again. What're you talking about? If he felt uncomfortable whenever you kissed him, he would've said so... right?

You went back down the stairs again. Would he, though? It was no secret that James tried to avoid every awkward moment he could.

You were running up the stairs again. That was bullshit, he must've been ok with it.

You were running down the stairs yet again. The fuck were you thinking? You were probably just being bigheaded and your sight being clouded with love.

You turned to run up the stairs yet again, the indecisiveness evident in your steps, when you heard a shout that made you jump.

"What's going on? Is there an earthquake or something? Who keeps making all that noise?"

You breathed a sigh of relief. It was only Remus, no big deal.

"Sorry," you apologized, "just— er— trying to remember if something is upstairs or downstairs." You lied.

"Yeah, uh, alright." Remus said, unconvinced. Luckily, he didn't press on the subject.

You took a deep breath. You were doing this. But first, you had to give yourself a pep talk in the bathroom.

You walked up the stairs this time, trying not to make anymore noise. You could faintly hear the sound of someone taking a shower in the other bathroom, and made a point not to go there. You didn't want any run-ins. That shit could get ugly.

You opened the door softly and closed it. You turned to look at yourself in the mirror. You fiddled with your hair. Merlin, had it always been this messy? You grabbed a brush and frantically tried to comb it back, before you paused. What was the rush? James wasn't going anywhere. You slowed down, taking your time to try to make it look nice. You made eye contact with your reflection.

"This is going to be fine," you thought aloud, whispering to yourself. "Totally fine. It won't be awkward. Just gotta say, 'hey, wassup, I'm madly in love with you'."

You cringed internally, putting your head in your hands and resting your elbows on the counter of the sink.

"Merlin, what is wrong with me? Why was I born so awkward? Jeez, I wish I knew how to tell him. And I hope he says yes. What am I going to do if he says no? Just go back to being friends with Lily and Marlene and just pretend that everything that's happened this year never did? Just fuck our current relationship up so bad that we never talk to each other again? Or worst, we do talk, but he hates me. Ugh, why why why! How do I tell him I love him..."

A single tear rolled down your cheek. Damn hormones, fucking up your once normal life. You wiped it away quickly and took a deep, calming breath. There was no need to fret. You just had to get it over with.

"I'm going to do this," you spoke determinedly into the mirror, "I'm going to tell James that I love him."

At that exact moment, the person in the shower next door suddenly didn't sound like they were next door anymore. In fact, they sounded like they were right behind you, in the shower, and they slipped. They didn't sound like they were on the ground, but it was enough to scare the shit out of you.

You were probably just hallucinating. There was no way that'd be possible. Of course it was the other bathroom. Duh.

Just to make sure, you walked up to the shower and reached for the curtain, preparing yourself. No one was there. You would find nothing. If anything, someone left the shower running.

In three... two... one!

You grabbed the curtain and pulled, only large enough to make a space for your head. Your eyes had been closed to brace yourself but now you opened them.

"FUCK!" You shouted, covering your eyes— after surveying the very nicely built chest— and took a blind step backwards, however you stumbled on the mat and fell.

You had just been face to face with James Potter.

Covered in water.

Looking extremely hot by accident.

Damn, if you didn't like him before, you sure as hell liked him now. The way the water droplets slipped down his bare chest was playing in your minds eye. How you'd love to have been one of those water droplets.

You whisked the thought away. You dirty-minded child, you scolded yourself. You had just accidentally witnessed James Potter taking a shower. Luckily the curtain hadn't been open enough to see anything, but still. How could one recover from that?

You stumbled as you tried to stand up, trying to leave the place as fast as possible. You didn't want to be there a moment longer. You just wanted to get out of there. Immediately. Before your dignity had died completely.

. . .

[ james' pov. ]

. . .

James had been washing his unruly curly black hair when he was sure he had heard something. At first he had influenced himself that it had only been next door, however he instantly recognized the voice as soon as it became louder, as if more confident.

"I'm going to do this," said the unmistakable voice of Y/N, clearly hyping herself up for something. You go glen coco, he thought. "I'm going to tell James that I love him."

James slipped. He had almost fallen straight onto the ground and he would've taken the curtain down with him. Luckily, he was still standing.

Or maybe it was unlucky. It depended on how you saw things.

James would simply poke his head out of the shower and check if anyone was there. There was no way he had heard that in his right mind. It'd be a miracle if Y/N liked him.

Slowly, he reached for the curtain, preparing himself to pull it back and realize just how stupid he was when no one was there. For heavens sake, it was Christmas Eve! Why would anyone be there?

In three... two... one!

What happened was a blur. It took his eyes a few moments to register whose gorgeous e/c eyes he was looking into until his eyes adjusted, a blurry outline presenting itself. The longer he looked, the more and more it had started to look like... Y/N.

"FUCK!" She shouted, making a smile spread across James' face, as she covered her eyes innocently and tried to take a step back, however she tripped on the mat and fell onto the floor.

He had never seen anyone fall more graciously.

However, as soon as she made contact with the floor, protective crush mode turned on inside his brain and he grabbed his wand off the countertop, summoning a towel and wrapping it around his lower half before grabbing his glasses to put the fallen angel into focus. She stumbled as she tried to stand up, before subconsciously taking James' outstretched hand.

"Thanks," she murmured, glancing up at him briefly before doing a double take.

. . .

[ your pov. ]

. . .

Your eyes widened. Dear Merlin. James was hot. So freaking hot. And he was standing right in front of you, your savior... in a fucking towel. You urged yourself not to hyperventilate, which proved a tricky task as your eyes focused on his chest.

James lifted you up to a standing position but your legs went numb. You fell forwards and he caught you just before you could fall flat into the ground once again. He righted you and you could feel your senses coming back to you, your legs actually allowing you to stand this time. For a safety precaution, he kept hold of your shoulders.

You looked up into his beautiful hazel brown eyes. There were still little soap suds in his hair. A single drop of water dripped down from a curl of his hair onto his chest, and you could feel yourself going "aww" at how adorable he was. He didn't even realize it. That just made it even more adorable.

"You ok?" He asked gently, seeming to forget that you had just ran into him in the shower.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," you managed, a complete lie. Had he heard your entire pep talk? About him? Even if he didn't, he certainly knew that you had pulled back the curtain. What if he thought you were some kind of perv? Gross! What would you do then?

You sighed. "Ugh, I am such a fuck up! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to—"

"It's ok." He said softly, your stomach decidedly turning into a butterfly hotel. "And don't be so harsh on yourself, it was a mistake."

"I—"

James placed a gentle kiss to your lips. It was brief. It made your stomach butterfly hotel turn itself inside out. How you yearned to kiss him again. But you just couldn't.

For one, he was in a towel.

Two, you were there to witness him in said towel.

"I'm sorry," you said apologetically, turning and trying to get away. You had fucked up. Big time.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

729K 22.1K 50
𝚂𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 "𝚞𝚜" '𝙲𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:...
5.8K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
129K 2.2K 34
𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...
31.3K 930 22
𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙, 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑎 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒... --------- A marauder'...