channel orange | taegi

By Navent_

if you could see the world through someone else's eyes would you think the same? if someone were to give you... More

00
01
02
04
05
06
07

03

108 5 6
By Navent_

*it's been so long im sorry but y'all better be listening to this song*

SIERRA LEONE

the next time taehyung is wholly conscious he finds himself in the back of the class surrounded by children of athena his mind trying hard to recall the moments of last night.

nothing, in particular, seems to stand out so that means taehyung didn't get someone pregnant by chance or fuck someone else's boyfriend.
speaking of boyfriends he was quite sure he no longer had one much less anyone to go home to.

he really loved jin. he really did. sighing deeply he tries to focus on the lecture before him. he'd already written the essay that was due next week so this was just a pastime for him. cinematic theories were cool and all but taehyung couldn't be bothered today.

exhaling another deep sigh taehyung scanned the room of people he didn't really recognize. he always sat in the back and avoided group projects like his life depended on it.
taehyung wasn't actually all that social despite his cravings for parties.

the man had priorities and socializing just didn't happen to one of them. it was quite ironic really how someone who looked so wild as if morals and values were lost on him managed to keep a 4.0 gpa.

not all of hades children dwelled within the night. some believed in thriving beyond the thrills, beyond the excitement, beyond the edge of life. it wasn't long before the professor ended his lecture and the class was dismissed.

he was halfway out the door when he felt someone tug on his backpack.

"what the fu-"

"woah, i mean no harm man! just don't punch me please."

taehyung turned around to face a guy much shorter than him. his hair was pitch black and he wore ripped jeans with a white short-sleeved collared shirt leaving the first two buttons unbuttoned.

"don't worry i wasn't planning on it.'

and with that taehyung begins to walk off eager to head to the library for a quick nap. he didn't have a headache but he had been feeling dizzy since he woke up.

"wait! are you okay?"

"what makes you ask?"

"well with the number of times you sighed in class it seemed like you had a lot going on."

taehyung resists the urge to roll his eyes not even knowing the name of the guy before him.

"i'm sorry but who are you?"

"Jimin? we've been sitting next to each other since class started?"

taehyung can't really recall the name. it hardly ever paid attention to role call much less to anything else really.

Probably one of the reasons Jin was always upset with me.

"right. um did you need something?"

jimin looks up at taehyung. he takes in the way his eyes look void of life, his hair is all over the place, his outfit is fairly decent but not much effort was put into it. the guy was an emotional wreck.

"let's get coffee."

. . .

taehyung blinks.

he's unsure of how his plans changed from a nap in the library to having coffee with jimin. well, tea since he couldn't stand coffee.
the other hadn't said much since they'd gotten to the small cafe on campus. instead, he just sipped on his coffee while completing what looked to be a sudoku puzzle.

the whole ordeal was strange. sharing another moment with someone was foreign to taehyung. he was loner if one really took the time to think about it.

during the day he did things by himself whether it be traveling back and forth to class or going out to feel alive at night. he never dragged anyone else with him to his trips to the labyrinth's maze much less to the pits of the underworld.

taehyung didn't belong to the world around him neither did he belong to anyone in it. in a way taehyung was like a rebellious teenager, intent on staying in his room all day and sneaking out at night.

even still he had trouble seeing where jimin fit into his world of isolation. what motive did he have for talking to him? what is it he wished to gain? that is if he were looking to gain anything at all.

"what do you want from me?"

jimin looks up from his coffee seemingly startled by taehyung's voice. the other hadn't said anything since they sat down.

"what makes you think i want anything from you?"

"well, what explanation is there for what's happening here?"

"i don't know? this is just weird like most people don't approach me."

jimin chuckles as he sets his puzzle book down.

"you're always giving everyone the glare of death so it's kind of hard to say anything to you at all. not to mention, you seem to exist in your own world."

taehyung scratches the back of his head in embarrassment. it's not that he was glaring at everyone it's just he was so tired most of the time that he couldn't be bothered with anyone else.

"i think you spend too much time alone."

"huh?"

"isolating yourself from the world won't fix your problems."

taehyung sucks in a sharp breath at jimin's bluntness. the guy doesn't even know him yet he seems to have no qualms with telling taehyung what he thinks about him. 
not that he's wrong but it's definitely a shock for taehyung.

"your name's jimin right?"

"yeah."

"let me get your number."

. . .

taehyung's strange encounter with jimin is over and he's now in the comfort of his apartment. though if taehyung's being honest with himself there's no comfort in the space at all. he'd been staying over at jin's place so much that his own had begun to collect dust.

and to think he once referred to the place as paradise. a sanctuary where he had the freedom to be who he was without anyone there to judge him.
when did he start neglecting himself so much?

sighing for what has to be the millionth time today taehyung collapses on his bed staring up at the ceiling mindlessly. that is until his phone buzzes.

nosy guy

sierra leone 

mewhat?

nosy guy
it's a bar
i think u might like it so go check it out

meand what makes you think imma go there?

nosy guy
cause your first drink is free?
Read at 9:33 

taehyung sighs. well, jimin got him there and he doesn't even drink that much but anything was better than staying in his desolate apartment.

so with renewed energy taehyung goes to take a shower pulling out clothes much better than what he had on earlier. jimin had sent him the address while he was in the shower which saved him the time of doing it himself.

A ten-minute walk ain't half bad.

taehyung can already feel the inklings of excitement creeping beneath his skin. it was only a bar but something about the night had taehyung feeling alive. shit, maybe he was a vampire?

he shook his head in disbelief. insomnia was his best friend so being a vampire was out of the question. though taehyung was quite sure he'd slept pretty well last night in whose house he didn't know but he did know he'd never felt so safe up in a windowsill.

the bar was a lot bigger than taehyung had expected its atmosphere calm and soothing much like the music playing in the background.
no one paid him any mind as he walked up to the bar and took a seat.

the bartender was nowhere to be found so taehyung took a moment to soak in the vibes floating around the establishment. from the dim lighting to the various lounge spaces and even the area for billiards everything just seemed so relaxed.

"my apologies sir what can i get for you?"

I know that voice.

. . .

at this point i wonder why i even bother with my books but what'd u think of this one?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.4K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
325K 9.7K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
482K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...