Omega's Broken Soul [MxM] (Mo...

By SageKincaidBooks

Omega's Broken Soul is Book 1 in the Moon Cave Series Amari has been struggling with self-acceptance since he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Negotiation
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Loss
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - Ceremony Pt1
Chapter 45 - Ceremony Pt2
Chapter 46 - Ceremony Pt3
Chapter 47 - Ceremony Pt4
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Author's Note
! COMING SOON !

Chapter 28

76K 2.2K 2.5K
By SageKincaidBooks

A/N: Hey, back again. Happy Monday! Back to school sucks so have a nice chapter! 🌅 Just a quick reminder again that I'm too lazy to write up separate character wolves for each of my side characters so that's why Nick's isn't mentioned 👌

Anyway, enjoy! 😘💕

Nick POV

I knocked once on the door, taking a deep breath before pushing it open. It was dark inside, the only visible light from the moon peeking through the curtains on the far wall.

I stepped inside, wondering if she was asleep, but the small sniffles and the shaking coming from beneath the duvet on the large bed, gave me my answer.

She didn't move, although I'm sure she heard me enter. I closed the door behind me and let out a sigh of regret. I hadn't meant to expose her like that to Amari. I didnt think before I spoke, I'd just been so livid with her.

I was angry at myself for keeping this a secret for so long, angry for not pushing her to leave that piece of scum mate of hers. Angry because both her and Amari were hurting and there was nothing I could do.

I was full of mixed emotions, most of them bad and I had unfairly taken it out on her. It was true I told her not to come here. But yet again, that was derived from the rage I felt at her decision.

I walked forward and sat on the bed, gently reaching out to pull the covers away from her face. It was hard to make her out in the dark, but I could just about see her mocha skin and big hair under the soft moonlight.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, feeling it necessary to apologise for what I said. I'd been avoiding this for two days, yet she'd been in hiding ever since. The same with Amari and Luka.

"It doesn't matter," she whispered. "He hates me anyway." Her shoulders rose and fell with each shaky breath she took.

"I dont think he hates you," I disagreed, running my hand up her arm. She was like skin and bone beneath my fingertips. The urge to strap her to a chair and force feed her a nutritious meal overwhelmed me. I unconsciously tightened my grip on her arm, shaking my head to force those thoughts away.

"Despises me? It's all the same. I let him down and he wont give me the time of day," she shrugged, though I could tell this was eating her up from the inside out.

"That's not exactly true is it? Have you even tried talking to him? I swear I haven't seen you leave this room," I told her pointedly. If she wanted to win Amari back, she had to put some effort in.

After everything she did, she couldn't just waltz back into his life and expect him to accept her straight away.

"You've given up."

"I gave up ages ago. When I realised I made the wrong decision. When I got pregnant and I couldn't come back. When I realised it was too late, I gave up," her voice quivered and I knew that if I could see her face in proper lighting, her cheeks would glisten with tears.

"Why did you choose him?" I asked the question I'd always wanted to know. Everytime I went to visit her after Amari came to live with me, we'd been too busy arguing and yelling at each other to sit down and talk about things.

Joana sat up, the covers falling down her chest to buch up in her lap. She wore nothing but a thin t-shirt. I'd tried offering her some spare clothes we had here. She'd insisted on wearing her own worn out, hole-ridden possessions.

The t-shirt was thread-bare, a few holes along the seems. I could clearly see the the outline of her breasts, the hard points of her nipples. I closed my eyes briefly, swallowing back the wrong feelings of lust that overtook me. Like always, the guilt followed.

"I used to have everything with that man. A home, love, fun. We used to do everything together and I loved him from the bottom of my heart. Then Kaleb joined the picture and I watched him turn into something he wasn't. For eight years it was just me and Amari. I was protecting Amari but no one was protecting me. I was holding Amari when he cried, yet there was no one to hold me when I broke down. No one to help me tend to my bruises, no one to kiss me and tell me that things would get better," she lowered her head. "I guess I was being selfish. After you killed Kaleb I was hoping that Tristan would change and I didnt have to be lonely anymore. I just... I longed to feel wanted," she whispered.

"You wouldn't of felt wanted here? With Amari and I?" I asked, feeling the familiar emotion of anger and hurt well up inside me.

I'd known this woman for over twenty years, we were hardly strangers. Before any of our kids were in the picture, I knew her.

"Not like that. Nick, I love my children, I love them so much that it hurts, but being here without someone to hold me or comfort me would've just made me feel isolated."

Who's to say I couldn't of done all those things? We could've helped each other. I've been so fucking lonely ever since Isabella was killed. She was my first love and I'd never forget her. She was my mate, the mother of my child.

But she was gone and when she left, it made me feel like I didnt have a purpose anymore. Joana could've given me a purpose. Yet, she chose Tristan over me.

"Did you get what you wanted with him then?" I asked, resisting the urge to grind my teeth in annoyance. Just speaking about the guy made my blood boil.

"Sometimes," she shrugged and her shirt fell off her shoulder, baring her collarbone. "Sometimes he was lovely to me. Other times, he beat me. I just wasn't in the right place to see that I was being manipulated all over again," she tapped her forehead.

She action brought my attention to her hand. When she turned it over, I caught sight of the scars on her wrist. Slashes. I reached out and grabbed her hand before she could lower it, tugging it to me and turning it over.

"Nick," she whispered my name, attempting to pull it back but I refused to let go, staring at the dark lines of raised skin.

"You tried to end it?"

She looked away from me but I reached out and gripped her chin with my free hand, turning her face back in my direction. "Answer me."

"S-some of them are just from little episodes I used to have. Twice I tried to end it. Once when I felt too guilty about leaving Amari. The other time was when I discovered I was pregnant with Yeri. I hated myself for bringing another child into my fucked up world. But he found me each time and prevented it."

I didn't know what to say to her so I didn't speak. I dropped her hand and moved closer to her on the bed. When I sat right next to her, she seemed to melt into my body when I curled an arm around her waist and pulled her close. Her hair was soft and pillowy against my shoulder and even though she was a bit too skinny, it felt nice to hold onto her.

She cried silently, wiping at her tears with her fingertips. I rubbed her side with one arm, the other, her hair.

"Amari's been through a lot. Some of it is failed parenting on my side, some of it is caused by the morning he was doing over you. If you want him to forgive you, you need to show him that you're sorry and that you love him. He feels unwanted and betrayed right now. But its up to you to make him see better. There's only so much Luka can do."

"I understand. I'll try. Thanks for not giving up on me," she whispered and I tightened my grip on her frail body.

"Don't thank me, just try and do better."

It was silent for a moment, the only sounds in the room coming from her soft breathing and the occasional sniffle. However, the door opened again and little shuffling sounded out.

"Mommy?"

"Hey baby, why are you awake?" Joana sat up at the sound of her daughter coming into the room. The kid had grown so much since the last time I saw her.

"I couldn't sleep. Have you been crying?" The little girl asked, scrambling up onto the bed. She was in a pink pyjama set, a teddy hanging from her hand. "Hello uncle Nick!" She smiled when she saw me.

I smiled back. She was cute, looked just like her mother and I saw elements of Amari in her too. Five years old, yet smart and independent. Had a tongue on her too. "Hi darlin'."

"I haven't been crying pup. You couldn't sleep?" Joana held her arms put for the girl who scrambled into her lap and perched there with a goofy grin. "Nope! You're silly uncle Nick! You gave me a room with lots of toys! How could I go to sleep?!"

"I apologise. You're weird you know that? Never have I come across a kid complaining about having too many toys," I chuckled and she grinned.

She reached out, grabbing my face with her little hands. "I'm weird but you're weirder. You break into people's houses on christmas! That's illegal!"

"I'm not Santa honey. You've got me mixed up with someone else," I fained offence.

She giggled. "You look like santa but your hair is not white and you're not fat!"

"That makes no sense! I dont look anything like santa then," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Okie saint Nickolas!"

"That is not my name!"

"It is Nick! I read it in a book about Santa!

"You're like five! You cant read!"

"Yes I can!"

"Guys, lets just calm down," Joana giggled. "We should all be in bed right now." She turned to me. "I can't believe you're arguing with a five year old."

"She started it," I stuck my tongue out at Yeri and crossed my eyes. She burst into giggles.

I missed being around little kids. They were so much fun. Now that Luka and Amari were big men with their own problems, I hadn't felt the pleasure of engaging with younger kids in a while.

Luka was a tough handful as a kid. Isabella always joked while he was still in the womb that Luka would be a troublesome one and boy he was. Luka was incredibly strong willed, and was always finding ways to get himself into trouble. No meant yes to Luka when he was little, even to this day. If the pup wanted to climb out a window and slide down the drain pipes on the third floor of the pack house he damn well found a way to do it. Luka was a lot better at controlling himself now that he was older, but it was still so obvious that he was an odd one. I loved the man all the same.

Amari was the opposite until he hit his teens. He was quiet, didn't talk much and stayed out of trouble. When he was small, he was timid and clingy and hated attention. But when he grew into his teens, that all changed and he turned angry and depressed. He started looking for fights with the other kids and detached himself from the pack because of all the mental shit he was struggling to deal with at the time. Either way, I loved both boys greatly.

"Uncle Nick? Would you like to sleep with us? Sometimes mommy gets scared at night," Yeri suddenly asked, bringing my attention back to the two females sitting beside me.

Joana coughed, a little embarrassed. "Its fine you dont have to do that-"

"Do you want me to?" I asked before I could stop myself.

She looked away, fidgeting with the bed sheets. "Y-yes? If it's not a problem." My heart swelled.

"Yay! If we do get attacked in the middle of the night, you can be our sacrifice!" Yeri clapped her hands, obviously pleased that I was volunteered the first one to go.

I grabbed the little girl, throwing her down on the bed and tickling her ribs. She screamed and laughed, kicking her legs. "I've had enough of you being a meanie!"

"I'm not!" She squealed. "Mercy!"

I let her escape with a tut. She crawled away, laughing to herself. She grabbed her teddy, crawled back and settled herself under the covers of the bed between Joana and I.

Joana moved over, making space and settled beneath the covers. I could sense that she was trying her hardest not to make eye contact.

I made myself comfortable, ignoring the little foot deliberately kicking at my stomach and closed my eyes.

I don't know where things where going from here or even where I wanted them to go. But I'd just roll with it for now. It wasn't like I had any other plans. I wasnt alpha anymore, my kids had grown up and I wasnt doing much with my life.

I'll admit that having Joana and Yeri around would make things a bit more exciting.

Maybe even happier?

Luka POV

Amari was sleeping on top of me, practically using my body like his own personal matress. He had his head on my chest, his body aligned perfectly with my own, our legs tangled together. His skin was hot and soft against my flesh, his hair tickling my neck and nose.

Sometimes, I found his hair in my mouth when we wake up in the mornings. I dont know how that happens, so don't ask.

Right now though, I was awake and stroking his bare back. He was naked - we both were - and the tingles running between our bodies meant that I had morning wood. But when did I ever not have morning wood waking up next to Amari. He was just the type of sexy person to have that kind of affect on me.

After all our fun and kinky games yesterday, things turned serious again. Not as bad as they'd gotten beforehand, but more chill and almost melancholy. I'd managed to get him to eat a sandwich and drink some of that nasty herbal tea shit he likes. He looked a lot better and relaxed afterwards.

However, now I was awake because his words yesterday were bugging me. Don't leave me. Promise you wont. I wasn't sure where this sudden clingyness was coming from but I was worried. Dont get me wrong, I loved the fact that he needed me and wanted me in his life. He was my mate, of course I did.

But, I couldn't help feeling worried about his insecurities taking over again. I didn't want him to revert back to hating himself, arguing with his wolf and overall not being himself just because his mom is back and he's found out that she's made some bad decisions. That wasn't his fault. He shouldn't make himself suffer for that.

I stroked the curve of his back, kissing the top of his curly head. He stirred slightly, moving against me and I held in a hiss at the feel of his crotch moving against my own.

"Luka?" He whispered, his voice hoarse with sleep.

"I'm here bubbles," I muttered. He looked up, laying his chin on my chest and rubbing at his eyes with his fists. Ultimate baby boss level activated.

It was getting harder and harder to remember that this cute little being has a ruthless side and a feisty attitude at that. He was literally a baby.

"You're cute," I muttered, unable to help myself. Amari huffed, glaring at me and laying his head on my peck. I laughed. And... he's back.

"Did you tell Izaak to eat my cat?" He suddenly asked and I could hear the pout on his lips.

"No," I denied. Maybe. Yes?

"You got me into trouble, fucker," Izaak groaned.

"Trouble my ass," I snorted. He practically had an orgasm yesterday, moaning over those belly rubs Amari gave him.

"Mmm," he hummed. "Cause if you did..."

"If I did... what?" I asked teasingly against his ear. He shivered, twitching over me.

"I-I'll hurt you," he mumbled the threat half-heartedly, clenching his thighs around my waist. That only ended up pushing our dicks closer together.

"I feel so hurt right now," I whined sarcastically, grinding him against me. "So hurt."

He let out a soft moan before crawling away from me. I grabbed his waist when he sat up, pulling him up my body so he sat on my chest. I rubbed his toffee thighs, staring up at him. "What do you want to do today?"

"I dont know. Don't you have work to do? You know, if being an alpha was a legitimate job, you'd get fired."

"Ouch. That was unnecessarily harsh," I frowned, though it was true that I'd been neglecting my duties whilst I'd been looking after him.

"Sorry. But... we haven't had a pack meeting in ages, since I got outed actually. And you haven't been out and about either. I don't want to distract you," he cupped my face, leaning down and kissing my cheek.

I sighed. "Is this your way of saying you want alone time?"

"No," he shook his head, his curls bouncing across his forehead. "I'm saying, we should have a work day. I can help out. I am your beta after all."

"My beautiful, bubble but-"

"Dont say it," he covered my mouth with his hand. I licked his palm in retaliation and he squealed, pulling it back.

"You're so gross!"

"I've had my tongue in your mouth, up your butt and in many other places - yet it's a problem when I lick your hand? Talk about scrambled preferences-"

He smacked me across the chest and I laughed, sitting up and throwing him off my body. He fell back, sprawling beautifully in front of me. His legs were spread wide, giving me the perfect view of his little dick. His muscled stomach was rising and falling softly with each breath he took. I crawled over him, yawning and burying my face against his neck.

He wrapped his arms around my back, running his fingers through my hair. "Do you wanna go on a run with me? Nothing too intense - just before we get to work?"

"Sure," I mumbled, nipping his skin with my teeth, resisting the urge to bite him. "Bet you can't keep up with me."

"Why do always have to provoke me?" He growled, tugging passive aggressively on my hair. I looked up, giving him a cheeky grin.

"Because it's fun. Do you admit you're not as good as me athletically speaking?"

"Fuck off, no I dont. I've been running longer than you have actually," he huffed. "It's you can't keep up."

"Let's go then," I sat up, reaching out and giving his puffy, pink nipples a sneaky pinch to satisfy my slight obsession.

He smacked my hands away with a glare, his hazel eyes challenging. "You can't do stuff like that when you're being mean to me."

"Poor baby," I cooed, grabbing his hands in both of mine and pinching him again. "Am I being a meanie?"

"Ugh, you're so annoying," he whined, twisting and turning to break free.

"But ya love me."

"Yeah," he groaned and I let him go, satisfied.

We got up, showered and got dressed. It was still early - fuck off o'clock to be exact - but I didn't mind. As long as he was happy, I was happy.

We ran for a while through the cold. The forest looked amazing in first light so I was able to see the appeal Amari had of running so early. We did a few laps, but Amari was determined to show me up. He could've done another five or so on top of the six we did around the territory boarders.

I could've easily done so too, but I was hungry and wanted to go inside and stuff my face instead of entertain my mate's competitive side. It was called prioritising and food was more important that running around outside.

So, I stopped mid run and sat on the floor, panting and pretending to run out of breath. Amari slowed down after noticing I was no longer beside him. "Are you okay?" He asked in worry, standing over me.

"Nope. I admit defeat, can we go back inside?" I asked, clutching my ribcage. God, I was so good at acting. Sign me a fucking show. "I've got a stitch too," I winced.

"Poor baby," he frowned, crouching and holding onto my hand. He pulled me up and I made a show of grunting in pain. He rubbed my side with one hand, cupping my face with the other. "Let's go inside and I'll make you something to eat okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"You're such a troll!" Izaak laughed and I held in a grin of success. Was it wrong of me to do this? Certainly. Did I care when my mate was treating me like a baby and offering to make me breakfast. No.

"Gotta do what you gotta do Izaak," I answered slyly.

"Nice."

I let Amari lead us inside. The kitchen was slowly filling with wolves who were up early for breakfast. They greeted the both of us with friendly smiles and it pleased me to see Amari reacting and responding amongst our pack mates. He really did me proud there.

I sat at the island, watching him go through the cupboards in an attempt to find something to eat. Amari learnt and didn't ask what I wanted. I ate anything. I watched him, my eyes following his face. His tongue was peeking out between his plump lips as he focused, his hazel eyes concentrated.

I was just about to speak up and ask him about finally sorting things out with his mom, when a sudden, high-pitched scream filled the air. I startled, ready to get up and address the threat of whoever was in trouble...

Only to turn and see dad walk into the kitchen, carrying Amari's little sister by her ankle. She was upside down, squealing and laughing as he held her, waving her arms frantically about. "Uncle Nick! You're gonna drop me!" She screamed.

"Don't be complaining now. I warned you there'd be consequences. You poked the alpha!" He grunted, lifting her higher and she squealed, laughing some more.

I sighed, looking away from them and back at Amari. His face was expressionless as he watched. When he caught me staring, he lowered his gaze, turning back to the bag of flour in his hands.

"I'm an alpha too!" Yeri suddenly giggled. "My wolf is! So basically, we're the same!"

Amari dropped the bag. He turned away and disappeared into the pantry. I swivelled around on my chair and stood, glaring at my father. He really wasnt helping this situation at all.

"Don't give me that look," he told me gruffly through the pack link, turning the pup upright and dropping her. She landed gracefully on her small feet, grabbing his hand and dragging him over to the dining table to sit with her.

When he sat in a chair, she scrambled into his lap, perching there with an oblivious smile.

"You're making things worse. Think about how he feels," I told him. I hated arguing with him. He was my dad for fucks sake. After mom died, it was me and him alone for the longest time. But this was just... hard. First the lying, the secrets and now this...

"I am thinking about Amari. But the pup shouldn't be held in the firing line. She's been living with two fucked up parents and now she's here, not knowing what the hell is going on, but just that everyone is arguing. I'm just tryna keep her happy, Luka. I would've done the same for you and Amari," he growled, glaring at me over her head.

There wasn't much I could say to that. It was true, Yeri wasnt at fault, but he could at least be a bit more sensitive to Amari's feelings. "I get that, but lets not forget how Amari deals negatively with things. He's feeling betrayed right now. Don't ignore that an shove him off to the side now that you've found another little kid to save."

His face fell. I turned away, refusing to feel guilty. He was doing this to himself. Instead, I got up to find Amari. He was still hiding in the pantry. I caught him wiping his eyes, but he dropped his hands when he saw me. I approached him carefully.

"I don't want to talk about it," he warned me quickly, holding up his hand. I itched to disagree and make him spill all the troubles he was going through in that head of his. But didnt. I didnt want to upset him and then we fall out too.

"No talking." I agreed warily. He took a deep breath before smiling and walking around me.

"Is pancakes and fruit okay?"

Amari POV

I took deep breaths. Dont get upset. There's no point getting upset. You look ridiculous. It doesn't even matter. I kept repeating the sentences over and over like a broken record as I walked back over to the counter.

I quietly whipped up a batch of pancakes, listening to Yeri laughing and making noise. She seemed smitten with Nick. That closeness just reminded me that he knew my sister before I did - better than I did. He lied to me. He kept this whole thing a secret and betrayed me.

He was the first ounce of kindness I met after mom died and now to find out that her number keeping big secrets like this behind my back made me feel like there was no trust between us at all.

I'm an alpha too! My wolf is! Yeri's little squeal replayed in my mind.

Dad must've loved her. I bet they got along just swell. I could've snorted in disgust. It hurt that my parents replaced me with another child. It hurt even worse knowing that they replaced their omega with an alpha.

After all I'd been through trying to accept myself, this just felt like a punch to the gut. I couldn't help but feel annoyed at Yeri for even being here. She just reminded me that I was not what my parents wanted.

"Amari, that's not fair. She's five," Raven whispered. "Its hardly her fault."

I swallowed back the lump in my throat. It wasnt her fault and I wasnt mad at her. But I couldn't help the heaviness of jealousy that settled like a rock in my chest. Jealousy and hurt.

Nobody wants little, weak omega Amari. But strong little alpha Yeri...

I sighed, rubbing my eyes with my fingertips. My chest was squeezing tightly. I thought I was ready to address all of this, but I wasnt. I just wanted to pull my hair out and scream.

"Amari... are you still upset. That we're an omega?" Raven asked softly a tone of fear in his voice. Now he wanted to ask that? With everything going on, that's all he cared about? Worried that I'd go back to hating him again?

I shoved him back, placing a hypothetical wall between us before I got angry and said something I'd regret or worse, something I couldn't take back.

Typical Raven hey, only caring about himself instead of what was going on around us. Why wasn't I surprised.

A sudden tug on my sweat pants jerked me out of my head. I looked down with a frown. Big, hazel eyes, more green than brown, stated right back up at me.

"Hey friend, don't be sad," Yeri smiled, her cheeks puffing out. I shuffled back a few steps, worried I'd end up hurting her because of my out of control thoughts.

I felt sick just knowing that her and mom and dad probably had their little happy family unit going on. Dad finally had the alpha he always wanted. Mom had another child so it was easier to forget about me. It just... it hurt. Everything felt so painful.

"Amari, breathe." Luka warned me softly. I could feel him near me but I didnt look up. I was too busy staring at the now frowning little girl.

"I know... you're my brother. Mommy told me this morning. Why dont you live with us? With mommy, daddy, Juno and I?" Yeri questioned me with a confused face, her eyes searching mine.

"Luka, get her away from me," I begged my mate softly, inching into a corner before I broken down.

"Yeri, darlin', your momma wants you," Nick called out and Yeri turned, distracted. She skipped away, grabbing my adoptive father's hand and he led her from the room, casting me an apologetic frown.

I sucked in a deep breath, my shoulders sagging as I finally started breathing again. This was too hard. I can't do this. I left the kitchen abruptly, dodging Luka when he reached out to grab me. He had no choice but to tend to the burning pancakes on the stove while I made my escape. I ignored his calls of my name as I rushed up the stairs that led away from the kitchen.

I wasn't sure where I was going but I had to get away from here. It all just felt way too overwhelming to deal with right now. Like a bubble closing in on me, making everything harder to breathe. I found myself near the top floor of the pack house, where the last few dorms were.

I slowed to a walk, cursing the tears I felt on my cheeks. So stupid. Stop crying. Crying doesn't solve anything.

All of a sudden, one of the doors on the right side of the corridor opened and the one person I really did not want to see right now walked out.

She startled, dropping the pile of clothes in her hand when she saw me. I turned around immeadiately, storming away in the other direction but she called my name, rushing behind me and grabbing my arm.

I turned and shoved her off me a little too forcefully and she fell. From her position on the floor, Joana still called out my name.

"Just listen, please," she begged me, going up on her knees and and clasping her hands desperately together.

"Listen to what?!" I cried, aggressively wiping away the fresh tears running uncontrollably from my god damn eyes. "I don't want to sit here and listen to you tell me that I wasn't worth you coming back for, okay? I don't want to hear it. I get it alright?! I get that I'm not what you and him wanted. You don't have to rub it in my face! Why the fuck are you even here?!"

She looked dumbfounded. "That's not why I didn't come back Amari. I wasn't in a good place! I-"

"NEITHER THE FUCK WAS I! But where were you when I was crying for my mom at night when the nightmares got too much! Where were you when I started hating myself so bad for what happened to you, that I started pretending to be something I wasnt! Were were you when I attempted to end my own life because I was so fucking unhappy. Nowhere! We're all not in a good place so dont give me that shitty excuse!"

She stood up, reaching her hands out, tears streaming down her mocha skinned face. "I didn't know! I thought you'd be happier here, safer," she choked out.

I stumbled away from her. "You were wrong. Go back to playing happy fucking families with dad and Yeri," I growled. "I don't care, just stay away from me."

"Amari! Stop okay, just stop!" She gripped my arms, almost shaking me. "I'm trying my best to make things better, please, just give me a chance to explain and make things up to you!"

"I dont want to do this right now!" I cried. "Just leave me alone!"

"No, not until you listen!"

"Please baby, please," she cupped my face the way she used to when I was little. I whimpered at the reminder and she held me tighter.

I clenched my fists by my side, torn between shoving her off and pulling her closer, just so that I could have her comfort me like she used to do when she used to love me... when I used loved myself... when everything was okay.

"Please, Amari," she whispered again, wiping my eyes. I sighed, chewing my trembling bottom lip hard until it split. I can't avoid this forever. It's better to get it over and done with and move on right?

"Okay," my resolve faded. I had no idea why I just consented to having her retell to my face all the reasons why I wasn't loved or why she didn't want me. Why I wasnt good enough. She was just going to tell me everything I already knew. I was just setting myself up for heartache.

But I allowed her to pull my numb body back into the room she'd emerged from. The next thing I knew, I was sat beside her on the bed and she was speaking softly against my ear.

A/N: Nick and Joana are a bit too close hmm? 🤔👀 Was Amari wrong to react that way towards Yeri? How do you think Amari will take Joana's explanation? ☕😯

💖💕

While you're waiting for updates, why don't ya go check out my new short story "Daddy Kinda Love" while you wait. It's a fun quick read. (Though I warn you now, it is twincest boyxboyxboy so don't go over there to hate just cos that ish ain't for you)

Wattpad was a bitch and duplicated chapter 2 so ignore that. But overall, it's a cute story🥰👇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 11.3K 24
BOOK 2. RYELAND PACK. Train wants to be the best brother he could be, he wants to make his family proud and most off all he wants to live peacefully...
133K 5.9K 21
Life as an Alpha has always been viewed as the easier path; Alphas are the top of the food chain, lead the packs, and are the deciding force in the w...
1M 30.8K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
840K 33.6K 21
COMPLETED From the beginning Landon Evans knew he was different, born as a omega his mother always tells him being different is special. Omega's are...