Better With You ✔️

By astralxx

He already seemed to like her. She seemed different. Her soft eyes, warm smile, hearty laugh, rosy cheeks, he... More

1. The Other Option
2. The Event
3. Liking it all
4. Don't Make Me Say It
5. Amidst the Morning Dew
6. Brewing
7. The Correct Question
8. The 73 Questions
9. A not-a-date date!
10. Blush Crimson
11. Again Already?
12. Just Perfect.
13. The Proposal?
14. Strawberries and Cigarettes.
15. Paying Attention.
16. Unpredictable!
17. Left behind.
18. Twinkling.
19. Such a happy girl!
20. Gang-ed up.
21. Coloured in embarressment!
22. Too confusing.
23. Twinning
24. Bullshit.
25. Baby
26. One down, many to go!
27. Past?
28. Memories in a box
29. Storms
30. Could he?
31. Irrational.
32. Unlikely.
33. Try
34. Tom and jerry
35. Yet
36. Perks.
37. Unseen
38. Rollercosters
39. Hmh
40. Can't wait
41. Married.
43. Ready?
44. Break.
45. Annoyed
46. Complete
47. I dare you
48. Such babies
49. Limelight stealer.
50. Finally.
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

42. New starts

2.3K 102 44
By astralxx

aisha's pov

My heart clenched as I read the certificate again with eyes as wide as they could go. I tried to speak but no words came out of mine. I looked at alia and then at kabir and then again at alia.

Alia looked at me and said, " I. Know."

"Who the fuck did you marry?" khushi asked.

I kept the certificate on the table in between all of us and got up only to cry out in frustration.

kabir hurried to get a hold of the certificate and his eyes widened at the names. He looked at me with a blank face but eyes huge. He passed the certificate around and soon everyone looked at alia and me.

"YOU GOT MARRIED TO ALIA?" Ranveer screamed. "THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT YOU BOTH WERE GAY!"

I looked at alia and looked for some kind of help. I looked at kabir and he looked at me as if he was trying his best not to break into laughter.

"Dare you laugh" I warned him. As soon as I did, kabir broke into laughter and so did sameer.

They both rolled down and clutched their stomachs.
"Broooooo. Our girlfriends are married to each other." They erupted into laughter and so did others this time.

sameer joked, " kabir. Soch. They have been cheating on each other with us. Oh my god!" And they erupted into laughter once again.

"Can you guys not laugh?" Alia butted in.

They looked at each other and laughed again.

"What is so funny?" I said.

"Baby. You have been married to alia ALL this while.
You, are cheating on her, with me." He said innocently as if trying not to break into laughter anymore.

I looked at everyone dying out of laughter and suddenly I looked at alia and broke into laughter myself. I was married. To alia. Oh. My. God.

.....

"Okay jokes apart but alia, baby I want a divorce." I joked.

"Honey you sure you want this?" She went along.

"Absolutely. We aren't working out anymore"

"Okay. If this is what you want."

I looked at her and started laughing.
"How much did we drink though? I don't remember shit. Arey waittt, you received pictures na?"

"Oh haan. Those are even more embarrassing. Wait."

"I can't wait to see them." Aarav bhai joked.
I made faces at him.

There were about ten pictures.
Alia and I were drunk dancing. khushi and Aneesha were laughing at us as we signed the wedding contract. Alia and I were posing outside the chapel in our drunk state. We all held pom-poms as we celebrated our 'wedding' and so many more embarrassing moments of our lives we didn't even remember.

"sameer. Let's get more copies of these. I NEED THESE." kabir laughed.

"Oh shut up!" I taunted kabir. "But we have to go back to Vegas to get a divorce. We can't afford media to know about this. We can't do this here."

"Obviously. We will be endlessly trolled about this. Let's just go there and get this done with."

"But it's so far away. Around 19 hours one way."

"You're wedding is in the near future. Karwana toh padhega hee"

"Obviously. I can't marry a girl who is already married. Sorry but that's against my values." kabir laughed as he high-fived sameer. He took a look at my face and slipped to the ground holding his stomach as he laughed away. This man. Uff.

I sat on his stomach held his hands.
"Tumhe badi hassee aa rahi hai. Just shut up will you?"

"Sure aish. Sure." He laughed and so did everyone else.

"Fine then. Ill not divorce alia only. I'll move in with her and break up with you. Perfect?"

He sat up holding my waist and smirked at me. He whispered into my ears lightly, " you can't leave me. You love me too much." I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

"You were telling me to stop with the PDA. Now look!" Aarav bhai screamed. When Aneesha said dramatically, " Woh toh chodo. She is cheating on her wife in front of her.what is this behaviour aisha?"

Alia fanned hurt looks and said, " I am deeply hurt by this. I will never forget this. I demand a divorce."

"So it's final na. Let's go to Vegas on Friday and come back on Monday. Okay?"

"Please do not get drunk again ladies." Ranveer joked.

"Babe. Im coming Along. It's going to be a sight to see you both take a divorce." kabir said and sameer agreed.

I looked at alia and gave a small laugh again.
"Shhhhh" she said.

....

After everyone left, I shut the door, closed my eyes and rested against it. I couldn't believe myself sometimes.

I was married.
What the actual hell.

My series of thoughts were broken when kabir screamed, " aisha Sharma? What do we make for dinner?"

I can't believe him. He doesn't give two shits right now. I went up to him and asked him

"Doesn't this bother you at all?"

"No, not really. I mean, it's not a guy you are married to. I would be fucking annoyed then. This is just... amusing to me." He joked.

"I want fries. They are in the fridge. Make them!"

"Okay Ma'am!"

I looked at kabir. He always takes my bullshit and still seems so calm about everything. He is so perfect I really can't believe I have him as my fiancé. And alia as my...wife. Shit.

To forget about all of this, I needed a distraction. I walked up to kabir and kissed his chin. I trailed kisses to his lips when he stopped me and with an amused expression joked, " I can't let you cheat on alia. I'm sorry. We can't kiss."

I was totally annoyed now. I stomped my foot on the ground and made an angry face at kabir and left for the room. I was even more annoyed when I heard him laugh out loud.

....

After I ate the fries keeshu made for me, he tried to kiss me when I, annoyed, said I wasn't going to cheat on alia. He just fell down laughing again. I picked the pillow placed on his side, chucked it outside the room, pulled him from his leg, and locked the door.

"Dare you try to come in." I yelled.

That's how are day went.
Every perfectly free day, wasted because of something eventful.

What usefulness.

....

Few days later.

Finally, I was out of a marriage I never knew existed. We had travelled to Vegas and wasted two days in the plane. Four of us did go out to party after our 'divorce' but that just added to our already tiring trip. The hangover sucked. Probably shouldn't have drank again there, I don't know iss baar kis se shaadi ho jaati. But kabir was sober. He tells me I'm crazy after I'm drunk. I think I'll believe him after the stunt I pulled before.

kabir and I had come home only to hear from dad And maa about how we should start planning the wedding. It was then when it actually hit me. This time, it was going to be us who married. I would be the bride. I wouldn't be the bridesmaid, I would be the bride.

Wow.

I looked at kabir who had only one logic to everything I asked.

"Search on Pinterest baby!"

Whenever he said 'pinterest' I would pick up something near me and threaten to throw it right at him. I think he loved to see me annoyed.
If I hear Pinterest once again from his mouth, I will murder him. This time, I would throw the object right at him.

....

Presently:

kabir and I were planning to meet our wedding planners today. We decided to keep it casual and call them home since they could then know the ..real us, I guess.

The intercom buzzed and the security told us they were here. They were, apparently, the best in town. They were a couple who ran the whole show; karan and Aditi.

We welcomed them inside and sat down. They directly came to the point and asked us, " first we want to know, how did you two meet?"

"It was at an award function. We were sitting together and instantly hit it off. We met a couple of times and in a few months, we started to date. Nothing very grand. It was simple and sweet." I said as kabir nodded with a smile.

Aditi continued, " how did you propose kabir?"

"Umm. I don't know if I proposed!" He laughed as I rolled my eyes. He continued, " I mean I did, she said yes, got cold feet and said no the next day. Later she proposed and I instantly said yes."

"We are dramatic people somehow!" I added.

karan smiled at us and asked us, " normally a lot of couples prefer to marry wherever they first met. In your case, where the award function took place. Are you interested in keeping the wedding in India, or outside. That would be the first step."

"I mean, we already have memories for London. Our first meet, first date and so on. Let's not keep it London. Make another memory for another place. Haina keeshu?"

"Absolutely. Also, everyone in our family has been going outside India for a wedding. To be very honest, I'm a little tired of weddings outside. Why don't we have a traditional wedding in India? Some place... with rich traditions?"

I loved the idea. I loved the thought of having a destination wedding, but in India.

Aditi took out a spiral bound book and flipped through its pages as she exclaimed, "Okay! There are many places we could arrange your wedding in India with rich traditions. There's Jaipur, Jodhpur, shimla, Kerala, Udaipur..."

"Udaipur." I muttered. I looked at kabir and sighed, " how about Udaipur kabir? Mama papa got married there." I said in a small voice.

"Papa would love it there." He held my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

I smiled at him and looked at the couple who sat across us with smiles on their faces.
"Can we look at Udaipur for our wedding?"

"Of course. We have some great ideas for Udaipur. Don't worry. We will have them printed and ready for you to see." karan reassured.

"Why don't you tell us if you have some theme you want for the wedding?"

"Nothing yet. Why don't you present some ideas to us we can choose from?" kabir said.

"Of course. We will get back to you!"

....

Our wedding.
I need to get used to this. My name was going to be changing from aisha Sharma to... am I even changing my surname?

"keeshu.... should I change my surname after our wedding?"

"Only if you want to." He looked up from his phone.

"Aisha Sharma Ahuja" I repeated out loud. "Aisha Sharma"

"Anything sounds good to me" he kissed my forehead and left for the kitchen leaving me confused.

"Aisha Ahuja. aisha S. ahuja. What is this now? I don't even want to think anymore. Why do I have a brain to think!" I complained.

"Don't worry. I don't think the brain works properly anyways." kabir said as he was walked back in with an apple.

I stretched out my leg and made him trip. He fell on the bed and made faces at me as I laughed at him.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
2.7K 192 28
"I can consider your request," he finally replied, causing her face to light up with hope. The weight of her desperation seemed to lift momentarily...
44.8K 3.2K 49
"I think what they all said is right Arjun,you deserve the best, and I am not the one, I said between my sobs. He covered the distance between us and...
59.9K 4.9K 70
"Aaj mil gayi, dobara mat milana." He mumbled with irritation in his voice looking at her walking away. Her steps halted in her way as she turned to...