๐’”๐’•๐’“๐’‚๐’˜๐’ƒ๐’†๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’...

By bearb0n3s

"๐š‚๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š›๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šŒ๐š’๐š๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š•๐š ๐šŠ๐šข๐šœ ๐š๐šŠ๐šœ๐š๐šŽ ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž..." - ๐š‚๐š... More

00
author note // read before reading
fountain machines
neon signs
silence
alone
warm
copper teeth
angels in the sky
ive missed your cologne
broken baby teeth
india ink
bed sheets
i hate that i love you, why cant you understand that!
December mornings
sanctuary
weightless

the bunkerโ„ข

558 48 29
By bearb0n3s

" Byeongkwan, just where do you think you're going?"

"I'm going over to Yuchans! See you later!"

"Byeongkwan wait-"

the front door slams shut.

Sehyoon had a plan, one that involved a trip into the EZ-MART apparently.

Byeongkwan probably should have asked what the older had planned to do for the day after the rushed call he received an hour prior, but somehow all the previous caution and anxiety in Byeongkwans head dissipated.

He trusted Sehyoon, because Sehyoon understood.

The early December air is sharp as it's sucked into Byeongkwans lungs, the hoodie he's bundled up in is barely keeping the bitting chill away from his skin, but the damn thing is comfortable.

He speed walks, almost jogs, up to the front of the gas station, hastily pushing open the smudged glass door.

Heat hits Byeongkwans face and burns his nose and cheeks, hot air now warming his body as he takes a deep breath.

As he glances around the store he spots the familiar freshly dyed pink hair, the owner was still turned away and poking around the various candies and snacks on the shelf in front of them.

Byeongkwan smiles to himself and quietly walks over, grabbing a pack of strawberry flavor gum from the from display shelf of the aisle.

He speaks around the shelves, before suddenly popping up in front of the person from the otherside of the shelf.

Soft lashes, longing gazes and shy smiles. Hitched breathing and smoke clouds. Strawberry flavored gum and burning nicotine.

Shy smiles exchanged from over convenience store shelves, eyes locking around Pringles cans and beer bottles.

A simple question had fallen from chapped lips.

"Wanna get out of here?"

Byeongkwan snorts at Sehyoons question, shaking his head and poking one of the bottle of beer in front of him out of boredom.

"you sound like a creeper"

it's Sehyoons turn to snort, throwing his head back as he smiles that pretty smile of his.

"Ouch, and here I was thinking I'm charming!"

the two stock up on snacks, and Byeongkwan can't break the sad nostalgic feeling he gets as he sets his things onto the counter.

memories of Yuchans hyper energy that triggered his own, Donghuns savage remarks and shoulder pushes, of Junhees pure smiles and clumsy tripping.

when was the last time he'd spoken to any of them?

after Donghun ran off everything fell apart, Junhee stopped answering calls and Byeongkwan can only assume he picked up another shift, and Yuchans parents had cracked down on him hard after he got sick and fell behind in school because of it.

Sure he saw Chan at school, but only briefly in passing period and short waves after and before school.

they're little family just seemed to cease to exist. they all just...continued on.

that's not to say Byeongkwan didn't miss of think about the others, he still worried about Donghun, missed Junhees nagging, and Yuchans hugs, but at the same time Sehyoon seemed to take their place.

they'd begun spending so much time together that Byeongkwan didn't have time to think about the others anymore, somehow it became just Byeongkwan and Sehyoon.

even now, despite that sad nostalgia that ached at his chest, he still saw Sehyoon.
Dumb pink hair and thin hoodie.
the pretty smile that slowly showed more and more the longer they spent time together.

Byeongkwan wasn't dumb, naive sure but not dumb. he knew very well of his slight infatuation with the older, his deep need to be around him, to see him, to talk to him. He realized quick enough that his little crush had developed into what people his age called love.

that the burn in his chest the day he met the other was just under-developed attraction.

Sehyoon had showed signs of interest in him as well, though much more subtly compared to Byeongkwan.

The older didn't act on it though, even after Byeongkwan had pressed that shy kiss to his face like a school girl. he smiled that pretty smile of his and continued to clean up the india inked tooth and never brought it up.

it sent mixed signals, but Sehyoon was a large mixed signal in the first place.
so hard to read and understand like a child attempting Morse code or hieroglyphics.

Sehyoons hugs burned, a type of warmth that didn't just touch his skin, his words held more weight, simple compliments made Byeongkwans heart rate skyrocket.

a mysterious man that popped into his life, one who somehow became such a main character that Byeongkwan forgot he was the plot point. somehow it became them.

With their snacks secured and a pleasant nod to the sleepy cashier, the two were off. bolting towards the old beat up car.

The music is louder tonight, it's not the soft radio but instead Sehyoons aux cord thats blashing his hype playlist through the speakers.

They're singing along, it's nice the way their voices blend together. sure they're not the best singers to exist, but only the distant coyotes and angels in the sky can judge them.

Despite the cold air they drive with the windows down, the icy air bites at Byeongkwans cheeks, reminding him that he's human.

Sehyoons plan apparently involved trespassing.

Byeongkwan figures that out pretty quick as they pass the large red letter printed keep out sign in front of the junkyard.

Somehow Byeongkwan doesn't care, caution gone.

The blonde watches as Sehyoon shuts off the car and sends Byeongkwan a smile before patting his thigh.

"Okay kid, time for me to show you something cool."

The two slide out of the car, the cold wind nipping at Byeongkwans cheeks again, and Sehyoon grabs the backpack he'd shoved all their snacks into out of the backseat. the bag making a loud rattling sound as it's moved.

the older grabs Byeongkwans hand and pulls him towards the junkyard, the dark abandoned cars and signs creating a jungle of twisted metal.

Byeongkwan had never stepped foot near the town's junkyard before, it was a sort of taboo area for the town's youths. well, for those who kept a good head on their shoulders at least.

The junkyard was home to the towns punk kids and the meth heads.

Sehyoon didn't seem nervous, walking straight in with relaxed shoulders and a small grin. meanwhile Byeongkwan kept glancing over his shoulder and darting his eyes around ahead of them at the smallest sound.

the two make their way towards the back of the yard, towards a large yellow school bus.

under just the moon light Byeongkwan could see the lines of spray paint wrapping around the vehicle, curling over themselves and creating words languages that we're both spoken and seen only visually, art and quotes.

the boy blinks, staring at each blotch of paint, trying to decipher each inch as quickly as he could as Sehyoon tugs him along.

Sehyoon pulls the door open, the creaking metal hinges spooking Byeongkwan a bit at the loudness, and turns back to the other with a wide smile.

"Welcome to The Bunker"

Byeongkwan raises a brow in curiosity
"The Bunker?"

Sehyoon just nods his head, hair falling into his eyes and causing him to shake his head to get rid of them, like a puppy. The pink haired man and pulls Byeongkwan into the bus, letting go of his hand and walking deeper into the bus.

Byeongkwan is left at the front of the bus, standing awkwardly as the moon light slips through the windows, barely illuminating the inside. he can see Sehyoons back to him, messing with something.

there's an audible click sound and suddenly there's light.

Strings of fairy lights line roof, just hung above the windows in little slopes, casting a warm golden light around the bus and onto the two boys.

there's an old couch pushed to the side of the wall, torn up but decently clean, off the the back, just behind Sehyoon sat a small mattress on the floor, colorful blankets and pillows thrown over it. around the walls are posters and drawings, the metal walls inked with spray paint and sharpies.
names, signatures of familiar names.

Donghun was here ♥

King Wow

-Junhee Park-

There's photos hung up, Polaroids of Sehyoon, Donghun and Jun. They all look so young, Sehyoon has natural black hair, Junhee doesn't look so tired. Donghun still had braces, and the biggest smile on his face Byeongkwan had ever seen.

They all do. in every photo they look so happy. so young.

Sehyoons voice draws Byeongkwans attention away, to turn and see the sad look on the elders face as he eyes tge same pictures.

"This was our hangout... Donghun found it when he was younger, and when we all became friends he showed it to us."

Byeongkwan frowned
"Was?"

"Yeah, was." he pauses, sniffling his nose before turning away with a sad smile "but that's fine, I'm fine with being alone out here."

Byeongkwans frown deepens, his heart clenching in his chest and burning his insides.

Sehyoon is a mystery, but sometimes he's so transparent, a perfect display.
He can tell how much the other has spent alone, forgotten and left in this abandoned school bus in the middle of nowhere.

Byeongkwan doesn't want him to feel alone anymore, he knows the frights in the night and the howls of the damned all too well. For once Byeongkwan wants to be a home, he wants to be Sehyoons home.

so he bites down on his lip, swallows the lump that's formed in his throat, and steps forward.

Byeongkwan grabs Sehyoons thin hoodie, the soft fabric is burning his finger tips but he just tightens his grip as the other turns to face him better.

"Kid? you okay? Byeongkwan?"

The blond just shakes his head, and leans forward, harshly pressing his lips to Sehyoons.

there's not fireworks, there's not tingle on his lips, it doesn't feel magical.
but it feels right, it feels like home.

strawberry flavored gum and the secondhand taste of nicotine.

the minute feels like hours before Byeongkwan pulls away, eyes closed with bliss and nervousness at the same time.
the warm hands on his waist feel like fire though his jacket, the overwhelming smell of familiar cologne comforts him. grounding.

Slowly Byeongkwan opens his eyes,  meeting the smooth darkness of the others.

that fucking smile is there again, but this time Byeongkwan doesn't want it to ever go away.

-
sorry for the long wait before an update!
I've been kinda busy and this chapter was hard to write even though I have the next few (this one included) outlined
but oof

if you see any errors please tell me so I can fix them! thank you~

I hope you enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 139 15
๐™ฐ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š•๐šœ, ๐š—๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š˜๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šŽ, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š™๐šŠ๐šœ๐š. ๐š„๐š™๐š˜๐š— ๐š–๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน ๐š‹๐š˜๐šข๐šœ ๐š ๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š...
276K 11.6K 21
โ๐๐จ๐ง๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ž, ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฆ๐ž, ๐จ๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐๏ฟฝ...
2.2K 84 19
๊œฑแด›แด‡ส€แด‡แดแด›สแด˜แด‡๊œฑ แดส€ ๊œฑษชแดษชสŸแด€ส€ษชแด›ษชแด‡๊œฑ แดกษชแด›สœ ๊œฑแดแด„ษชแด‡แด›ส ๊œฑแดสŸแด‡สŸส แด›แด ๊œฐษชแด› ษชษด ษชแด› แด…แด‡แด˜แด‡ษดแด… แดษด แดษดแด‡๊œฑแด‡สŸ๊œฐ แดกสœแด‡แด›สœแด‡ส€ สแดแดœ แดกแด€ษดแด› แด›แด ๊œฐแดสŸสŸแดแดก ๊œฑแด แดส€ ษดแดแด›. แด‡ษชแด›สœแด‡ส€ ส™แด‡ สแดแดœ แดส€ สŸแด‡แด› แด›สœแด‡แด แดแด€แด‹แด‡ ส...
477K 3.9K 55
๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐˜€๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜ ~ ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ _๐˜ž๐˜–๐˜™๐˜“๐˜‹ ๐ŸŒŽ