Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling

Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.

19.1K 691 474
By AurumHeart

Amelia's hair above.

Amelia Black

"Do you wanna go out tonight?"

"No, let's stay in and watch a movie." Is Adam's replies.

It's been two weeks since his aunt died but this man has refused to acknowledge that. I went to London for the funeral while he stayed at home. That is all he does. He doesn't go to work, he's not eating and he's not talking to anyone except me and that's only because I won't leave him alone. At a time like this, he needs someone with him and I'm the only one that is patient enough to deal with him.

We hang out every night. We watch movies and catch up on some tv shows. Being, around him, I can see how sad he is and it pains me to see him this way.

"Adam, that's what we've been doing for the past two weeks." I tell him.

He looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes. "But last night you said we would watch Deadpool 2 tonight."

"That's because I wanted to watch Ocean's 8."

"So you lied to me?"

"No! Look, how about we do something different? I can teach you how to make the pasta dish that you like so much."

He doesn't seem thrilled my idea. His frown just deepens so I sigh. "Alright then, I'm going out. I will see you tonight."

"Where are you going?" He asks dismissively.

"To see my mum. It's been a while since we saw each other and by the way, I forgot to tell you this; your mum is coming over."

His body freezes. "What do you mean?"

"She texted asking how you were and then she asked if she could come over and I told her yes." I explain.

"And why the hell would you do that?" He raises his voice lightly, with an angry look on his face.

"Because she's your mum?"

"Call her again and ask her not to come."

"Why?"

"I don't want to see her."

"She's really worried about you, Adam."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Yes, she is."

"I don't care if she is or isn't. Call her and tell her not to come to my fucking house."

"But-"

"But nothing! I'm done talking about this." He raises his voice loudly and I flinch.

What's going on with him? I frown then quietly go out of to the room.

****

After taking three handbags from my mum's closet and a diamond and pearl necklace which I'm going to use for an event that I need to attend this Thursday, I head downstairs and we sit in the living room.

My mum said that she has a big news for me and I also need to talk to her about something.

"So Anna called me and she asked about you and what you've been up to. She knows your birthday is coming up soon and...." She pauses and the smile on her face widens.

"And what?" I asks. I saw Anna Wintour in London and she did say something about reaching out.

"She asked if you want to cover Vogue's April issue!" Mum tells me excitingly and my eyes widen.

"What?! Oh my God! Mum, that's amazing!"

"I know right? Congratulations, honey!"

"Yayyyy!" I squeal and squeeze her into a hug.

Me on the cover of Vogue? That's huge! That's life changing in fact! I'm so happy.

"She said they want to talk about your marriage to Adam, your style, the things you have going on right now, your plans for the future. The basically just want to know who you are."

My smile drops and my anxiety starts kicking in.

"What is it?"

I sigh out loud. "Mum, I can't."

"Can't what?"

"Talk about all that."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know the answers. I don't know who I am or what my future plans are."

"Honey-"

"Yes, I know I'm turning twenty two and I'm supposed to but I don't! And believe me, it's a question that I ask myself every single time."

"Amelia, I know that you sometimes or all the time feel like your dad and I planned and chose everything for you and that's probably why you don't know who you are but it's quite the opposite actually."

"Every parent plans and makes a lot of choices for their child. Does every child accept or follow all that? No. But you are honestly the most perfect child in the world. You said yes to everything. Not once in your childhood did you defy us. Michelle, Laura, everyone was amazed by how perfect you were because there kids were not like that."

"As your mother, I've always wanted the best for you. Every choice I made for you was for your own good. I mean, how many girls out there will say that they are the beauty queen and also the smartest person in their class? I raised you to be the best and most gorgeous person in the room and you are.

"Adam Black is the kind of man that I wanted you to marry and you got him. He's very handsome, smart, honest and successful. You've got it all, Amelia. Your dad and I gave you a foundation so that you be able to get everything you want and be respected in the society. There is nothing in this world that you can't have or a place that you won't be accepted so now it all comes down to who you want to be because you can be anyone."

"Mum, I don't-"

"Nobody really knows who they are, sweetie so I'm just telling you to be and have what you want, okay?"

"Okay."

"So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" She asks.

"Oh! Right! I want to be signed with Gucci."

She raises an eyebrow. "Gucci is a pretty big deal honey."

"I know. It's currently the number one fashion brand in the world that's why I want it."

Through out the years of my career, I've had pretty opportunities to walk on the biggest runways. I've walked on Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Jaun Paul Gaultier, Balmain and so on.

"Um-" Mum starts but I cut her off.

"Please, mum. When was the last time that I asked you to do anything for me?"

She strokes her hair softly. "Well, that is the problem, you rarely ask but when you do, it's always something big."

"That is not true!" I lie.

"Remember your eighteenth birthday, when I flew a hundred of your friends to Bali or when you when you forced me to buy you a $200,000 doll. Oh! How about John Legend singing at your wedding, your diamond playhouse which I'm pretty sure you have lost and-"

"Okay, you've made your point and it's not my fault you say yes to all those things." I laugh, "And remember, John Legend couldn't sing at my wedding cause he was on tour." I pout.

She sighs and shakes her head. "Whatever and since when did you care about who are signed up with? You're just trying to make my life hard."

"Mum! Stop acting like you can't get this done with just one phone call."

She gives me an exasperated look so I reply by making a cute face. "Please mummy."

She rolls her eyes, smiling. "Fine, I will get you the job but only if you tell me who you are trying to impress."

I gasp. "What? I'm not trying to impress anyone. I need the money."

She looks to the side and scoffs. "Amelia, it's just the two of us. You don't have to hide it anymore."

I raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"I'm talking about your trust fund from my side. It has more money than the one from your dad because of the inheritance you got after your grandfather passed away and mum still adds more." She gives me an 'I've caught you' kind of look.

Okay, yes. I do have two trust funds but I never use the one from my mother's side because I want to use it for my future.

"The money in that account is a whooping nine figures and I know that you made huge transactions lately." She continues.

"That was different." I explain.

"Yes, I'm really happy that you are contributing to charities. You've grown a lot these past few months."

"Marriage. It gives you responsibilities." I've grown a lot in the months that I've been married to Adam because it has given me a certain level of independence.

"Yes, it does. I'm so proud of you." She smiles.

I smile back.

"So tell me, does Adam know that you're in love with him?"

My eyes widen. "Mum!"

"A mother always knows, Amelia."

Yeah, she's crazy.

****

I enter my bedroom with a sigh. I'm really glad that I saw my mum today. I miss her and I miss home. Today has been a lot. First Adam being mad at me for no valid reason then I found out that Vogue want me on their cover and my mum implying that I'm in love.

I turn the lights on and gasp when I see a figure sitting on my bed then sigh in relief when I realize that it's my husband.

"Adam?" I call softly.

I can only see his back so he turns and looks at me then turns back. That's weird. I'm a little worried so I go on the bed and wrap my arm around him from behind. "Hey, are you okay?"

He bends his head down and shakes it.

"Okay, what's wrong?" I ask softly.

Is he finally acknowledging his Aunt's death? His mum didn't come so I don't know what he's been up to.

"I'm sorry." He blurts.

I frown. "Sorry? What for?"

"Snapping at you. This morning."

"Oh." I whisper. "That's fine. Just tell me what's wrong with you. Why are you sitting here like this?"

"I just did. You've been so good to me and I acted like the jerk that I am."

"I wasn't that annoyed. It's okay, Adam."

He turns to me. "You're too good. You're like an angel."

"I know." I smile then do a hair flip. "Hey, guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm going to be on the cover of Vogue."

"That's amazing."

"Yes, I'm so excited."

"Well, you've been working so hard and doing a great job. Congratulations."

"Thanks. We should go out to celebrate." I mumble.

"Amelia, no."

"But Adam-"

"No." He says softly but there's a finality in the tone.

"How long are you going to keep doing this? Are you going to London to see your cousins? I can come along if you want."

"Amelia, I don't want to talk about that."

"Fine, I'm going to go and take a shower."

It took me about forty minutes to shower and put on my nightwear. I see the Adam is still sitting on my bed. "Oh, you're still here?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want dinner?"

He shakes his head.

"Please, Adam. I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine."

I let out a sigh and join him in the bed. I scoot closer to him and cup his face in my hand. "Your scruff has turned into a beard." I point, stroking his jaw.

He closes his eyes and puts his hand over mine then he gently takes down our hands. "Tell me about your day."

I start narrating the conversations that I had with my mother, obviously excluding some parts. Somehow, during the conversation, we both lie down in the middle of the bed.

"I don't see why you should be worried. This a huge deal."

"I know but sometimes I want to be more than just a pretty face. I mean, It's that all that I am?"

"No. You are very beautiful but you are also the bravest girl I know. You face things even when you're afraid and you have the kindest heart. You're always there for the people you care about."

"You think I'm beautiful?"

He looks at me as if I've lost my mind. "Of course, I do."

"Really? I thought you didn't find me beautiful." I smile.

"Why would think that?"

"Because you've never called me beautiful. Even when I go out of my way to dress up and put makeup on."

"I remember saying it to you at our wedding."

"Yeah but I thought you were just trying to be polite."

"I only say things when I mean them and why does it matter whether I think you're beautiful or not?"

"You're my husband."

"Only on paper."

I roll my eyes. "You know what you said about me being brave? It's because of you. I wasn't like that before. You challenge me to face my fears, to figure out who I am and everyday and every moment I spend with you, inspires me to be a better person."

He stares into my eyes with an unexplainable expression on his face and asks softly, "Why do you say things like that?"

"Because it's the truth. You like honesty so I'm giving it to you. You are an inspiration to me in the best way possible. Getting to know you and our marriage might be the best two things that ever happened to me."

He leans forward and brushes my cheek. "I don't deserve to be married to you." He breathes, his face inches from my mine. I move my face closer and lightly rub my nose with his.

The look in his eyes darken. I know he's going to stop me so I kiss his jaw and hug him, resting my face on his chest.

He hugs me back. "So I recently bought a property and put it in your name and Rogers, my lawyer talked to me about you taking your shares in my company."

"Yeah?"

"I said I would talk to you about it."

"You mean, do I want your billions? No."

"It's not like that."

"What is it like then?"

"Last week, you said we're a team. We should always be there for each other and for the past two weeks, you've been there for me. I want to be there for you."

"By giving me money? I have more than I need. I also have a job and a trust fund."

"I know you do but I want to give this to you."

"Give what?"

"I want you to be a part of Black Industries, officially."

My eyes widen. "Why? Adam, I'm here for you because I care about you a lot. You don't need to give me something in return."

"Giving you this is my way of showing how much I care and appreciate you."

"You can do that by spending time with me."

"You don't understand. Black Industries means everything to me. It's the most important aspect of my life and I want you to be apart of it."

"But I don't want to."

"You don't?"

"Adam, not everything is about business. It's upset me that you think you have to pay me back for being there for you."

"But-"

"But nothing! Would you be doing this if I acted all cool and didn't care about what you're going through?"

The look on his face gives me an answer.

"Then don't bring it up again."

"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to having someone who cares."

"Well, you should get used to it cause I'm not going anywhere."

"I never thought that someone would reject my money but then again, you are different than ever person I've met."

"You're different too and I love that."

****

"No! No!"

I wake up startled, looking at Adam who is lying beside me with his eyes shut tight but he's moving, as if trying to protect himself.

"Adam, Adam!" I start shaking him.

"Adam, wake up."

His eyes open wide and he looks at me with clear confusion and fear in his eyes. He was having a nightmare. "I, I-"

His breathing so hard. He looks lost, broken and scared so I hug him and he hugs me back before burying his face in my neck and bursting into tears.

Holy shit!

The next morning, I woke up before him. We were wrapped in each other's arms. Adam smells so good. He looks so peaceful and handsome in his sleep. I raise my hand and brush a strand of hair from his face then reach to run my fingers through his hair.

I love his hair so I keep on touching it, lightly rubbing his scalp.

His head moves slightly. "Mmmm." He mumbles so I quickly take my hand away but he puts it back there.

So he's awake. I know he likes it when I play with his hair.

"Adam-"

"Shhhhh." He whispers, pulling me closer and squeezing me tight.

"Adam, I need get up."

He groans. "Why?"

"I have a class."

He releases me with a sigh. I stroke his hair one more time then head into the shower.

As the water start pouring down my body, I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

I slept with Adam Black!

I SLEPT WITH ADAM BLACK!

Oh my God. I should stop freaking out. It's not like we had sex but still. We slept on the same bed, cuddled and I loved it.

Except the part where he had a nightmare and cried himself to sleep.

That broke my heart. Does that happen every night? What was the nightmare about?

It felt weird to see the tough, scary and powerful billionaire like that.

As I come out of the shower, my eyes land on the clock in my closet. My eyes widen. My class starts in thirty minutes.

It takes me forty minutes to get ready an twenty to get to Hardwood.

I quickly get dressed into a blue and white dress with white covered toe heels.

Amelia's outfit

My hairstylist is probably waiting in my dressing room but there's no time so I push my hair up in a ponytail and rushed downstairs.

Adam has gone back to sleep in my bed since he's not going to work.

"Breakfast, Mrs Black." I hear a voice say.

"Thank you, Talia but I'm going to have to pass." I tell her then rushed out the front door.

Wesley is waiting for me in Adam's V10 Audi R8. He drives fast and I also need to get my makeup done so I can't drive myself.

"How is he?"

"The same. We spoke a lot last night though."

"Didn't watch a movie?"

"No-wha-how did you about our movie nights?"

"Staff gossip."

"For someone that doesn't like to be around people, Adam has a lot of staff in that house."

****

"Twenty minutes late, that's a first." Aaron says as I sit with him and Bobby in our Management class.

"I know." I sigh.

"Adam kept you up all night?"

"Haha." I say humorlessly.

"So hey, on a more serious not, there's this guy I know, he likes you and he wants to take you out."

"Wait, are you talking about-" Bobby starts.

"Yeah." Aaron cuts him off.

Who are they talking about?

"He's not her type."

"Guys."

"Yes, I think so too."

"Amelia, you know who Luca Romano is?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, he was at the bonfire night that we went to at your house." I reply.

"And what do you think of him?"

"He's cool."

"He's crazy about you."

"And I'm crazily married."

"He knows the truth." Aaron says.

"What do you mean he knows and since when did Bobby know?"

"Amelia, come on. Everybody knows. This university is packed with rich kids. We all know about business marriages." Bobby says.

You know, at this point, I don't care anymore. Keeping a secret is so exhausting especially for me. I hate secrets.

"Whatever, I'm not interested."

"But seriously, I want to know. What exactly is your type?" He continues.

"I know her type. She wants someone that's exactly like her. Smart, good looking and the best at everything." Aaron answers.

"How do you know that?" I smile at him, surprised.

"Simple." He shrugs with a smirk. "You dated me."

My phone start ringing before I could think of a reply. I answer it with a smile. "Hey, bitch."

"Meet us in the student lounge now." Nicole says and hangs up.

Okayyy. I say bye to Aaron and Bobby and head to the student lounge.

When I go in, I see Chloe, Jasmine, Nicole, Camilla and Emily so I take a seat. "What is going on?"

"Do you like Adam or not?" Emily asks.

"What?" I chuckle.

All of them have straight faces. Oh my God. Is this an ambush?

"I just don't understand why you would keep hiding it. It's so unlike you." Jasmine says.

"Why does it matter if I like him or not? Why do guys care?"

"Because we're your friends and we want to help." Nicole answers.

"Even if I like him, there's nothing you guys can do, trust me."

"Well, do you?" Camilla asks.

I sigh. "No, I don"t."

"Yes, you do." Nicole insists.

"No, I do not!"

"Why do you keep denying it?!" She raises her voice.

"I'm not!" I yell back.

"Yes, you are!" They all yell back.

"Why won't you just admit that you like him, Amelia?" Chloe asks softly.

"Because I don't just like him!" I exclaim. "I"m falling in love with him."

There! I said it.

****

Hello my lovely readers!

It feels good to finally update. I know you've all been waiting for so long.

Amelia has finally admitted her feelings for Adam. Are you excited about that?

What's going to happen next?

Are you ready for Amedam? I still think that Ameliam is the coolest ship name ever.

What are your thoughts on what is going on with Adam right now?

Please vote, comment and share.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 10.4K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
100 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...
266K 7.4K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
660K 21.9K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...