The Desire Variable - Vol. I

By DarlaCassic

When Andy starts a complex and steamy love affair with her new boss, she discovers there's more to his arroga... More

【FREE TO READ AGAIN!!】
【01】Welcome to Kelex
【02】Andy With the Good Scripts
【03】The Dream Team
【04】Lunchtime
【05】Making new friends
【06】Home not-so-sweet home
【07】Idris
【08】Poking the bear
【09】Oliver With a Twist
【10】New Roomie
【11】Donkey Kong
【12】Andy Out
【13】New Apartment, New Me
【14】Long Live Mario
【15】NAM-MOT-AAA-AAA
【16】Game Night
【17】Never Have I Ever
【18】Sweet Dreams
【19】Girl Time
【20】Helping Hand
【21】Cockblocker
【22】Showing Off
【23】Corner office
【24】Sweet Ride
【25】Lover of the Russian Queen
【26】Priority Number One
【27】Lawyering Up
【28】Blondie
【29】Sealing the Deal
【30】Getting Ready
【31】Double Date
【32】First Taste
【33】Honk
【34】That Awkward Moment
【35】Cliche Makeover Scene
【36】Sweet Oli
【37】Just a Sex Thing
【38】Dilemma
【39】All Me, Then
【40】Welcome Distraction
【41】Like Old Times
【42】All Your Fault
【43】Mary Who?!
【44】Trying IRL
【45】Earth-Shattering
【46】Nirvana
【47】Walk of so Much Shame
【48】All the Salt in the World
【49】Dealing With Consequences
【50】Gorgonzola and Prosciutto
【51】Hero Orange
【52】Hot and Cold
【53】Less Than a Minute
【54】Uncomfortable Couch
【55】School Trip
【56】The Nerd Herd
【57】Setting Rules
【58】Bacon With a Side of Embarrassment
【59】Trivia Night
【60】Everybody Loves Pi
【61】No Right Answer
【62】Change of Plans
【63】Making Up
【65】D-Day
【66】Baby
【67】Nailing It
【68】Fighting Robots
【69】Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun
【70】Back to Reality
【71】The Anniversary
【72】Fierce Competition
【73】In Deep
【74】Trust
【75】Exposed
【76】Andrea's Secret
【77】Wednesday
【78】Morning Routine
【79】The Beau
【80】Passionate Dork
【81】Wordless Declarations
【82】Interrupted Lessons
【83】Andy to the Rescue
【84】Back to the Roots
【85】Kicking Ass
【86】The Wise Father
【87】Unexpected Confession
【88】Eventful Morning
【89】A Month
【90】Secrets, Secrets Hurt Someone

【64】All Work and no Play

34.6K 1.4K 509
By DarlaCassic

Lex stared at me with surprise, confused by my sudden change of mood. As I stood, I avoided looking down at his perfect body, sprawled on the couch, his erection there for the taking.

"What is happening? What did I say?" he asked when I was done clipping my bra in front of me. I turned it around and passed my arms through the straps.

Understanding we wouldn't continue, he pulled up his pants, lifting himself from the couch before sitting back. He didn't bother fastening his pants, staring at me with incredulity instead.

"Lex, you need to take a moment to think long and hard about what you want from me," I said, trying not to let my overwhelming emotions affect my voice. I grabbed my sweater and arranged the inside out situation. "When we started, you told me we'd just fuck around, with no further implications. Then, you ask for exclusivity, a signed document, then this... You wanting me to be your first raw experience means something, whether you admit it or not." I paused long enough to slip on my top.

"I know I'm going to get hurt from this. We both knew it from the start," I admitted, my voice trembling slightly. "But you aren't making any effort to preserve me. You're charming when you're not being a jerk, incredible at sex, humorous... And now you tell me I make you jealous for the first time in your life, that you want me more and more, and you ask of me things that are meaningful and important. How am I supposed to not get attached when you're like this?"

"Would you rather I treat you like shit?" he asked, visibly irritated.

"No, I'd rather you treat me like your booty call, and not like I'm your—" I stopped my tongue before it went any further.

"Like my what, Andrea?"

Lover.

"Nothing. Forget I even said anything."

"How am I supposed to treat you like my 'booty call' when I see you five days a week?" he asked, perplexed. "It doesn't work like that."

"How does it work, then?" I insisted, my voice cracking up. He passed a nervous hand in his hair, his face twisted with confusion and frustration.

"I don't fucking know. It's the first time I'm in this situation, and I don't know how to operate. All I know is you drive me mad. I want you constantly, and I can't bring myself to end this. I don't know where it is going, and I don't know where I want it to go. When it comes to you, I can't think fucking straight!"

I knew exactly what he meant. I was feeling the same way toward him. Ending what I had with him seemed impossible, despite knowing I should. Shit, we were in one problematic clusterfuck.

"It hasn't even been two weeks yet," he continued, his rational mind in the working. "I think we should wait more before trying to label it. We'll have a better vision of things after a month has passed."

It meant about two weeks. I could handle two extra weeks, right? We'd almost done the half already. Yes, waiting for a whole month seemed preferable.

"So, we keep it light and breezy for another two weeks, and then we see where we're at?"

He let out a low chuckle, releasing some of the tension. "I don't think we've ever been 'light and breezy,' but we can try."

Well, he was kind of right. But it didn't mean we couldn't try to keep things simple. "You can't keep saying those meaningful things to me, then."

"I won't. Feel free to scold me if I do."

His candid offer brought a smile to my face. I looked at us, at the situation, and bit my lip. He was just dashing, leaning back on the couch, his muscular torso in full view, his pants hastily pulled up, still opened. I wanted him terribly, the familiar tugging at my core demanding satisfaction.

But something important had just happened, and I didn't want to lessen it with sex. No matter how great it would be.

"We should use this to start working on the presentation," he urged, making me feel like he could read my mind. I nodded, trying to discard the shivers of lust still roaming through my frame. He let out a surprising, uncontrollable laugh, filled with irony and incredulity. "I don't think anyone has ever left me with blue balls as often as you have, Andrea."

"They match my blue ovaries," I tried to joke back, grimacing when I realized how terrible it sounded. He seemed to have a different opinion as he laughed softly. While he took care of his pants, I excused myself, heading to the bathroom.

Once safely in there, I went to the sink to splash some water on my face. Wondering once more how a woman like me could get into this kind of situation, I looked up at my reflection. The sight of the shower behind me brought flashes of what we'd done in there two days ago. We had defiled every room in his suite.

When I came back, feeling steadier, the unwelcome wetness between my legs cleaned off, I found him sitting in the armchair, glasses on, focused on his laptop. He looked absolutely proper again, his clothes put to right, his hair rearranged. I went to take out my laptop from my bag and settled opposite to him, on the couch.

We worked in silence for a while, only interrupting each other when we had questions. The lingering tension between us was making it hard to keep my mind on work, but I did my best. After a while, when I had the layout of the whole presentation, I asked him to come to check it out.

He sat next to me, reading and scrolling through what I'd come up with. At some point, his hand absentmindedly settled on my knee, his thumb drawing circles on the material of my jeans. Although the contact was slowly setting me on fire again, I didn't want him to stop.

When he reached the end of it, he nodded and removed his hand. "I like the introduction and the numbers you give. It adds some legitimacy to the app, and it will make the people in the room feel more invested. About the developing part, are you sure this is the angle you want to take? You can say you did most of the job by yourself. I don't mind."

"No, it's all right. I'll gladly give Kelex the merit and explain I'm the lead developer on it." In all truth, I thought it might sound pathetic to disclose I'd spent most of my evenings for the past two years working on this app. While I was very proud of my accomplishment, it seemed very lonely.

"All right. Change it if you want to, you deserve credit for your work. Who were you thinking of for the live demo?"

"Well, you," I said, as if it were obvious.

He tensed, bringing his brows together. "I'm flattered, really, but you'll have to go with someone else," he argued. Confused, I gave him a curious look. "I don't do public speeches."

"You're always fine talking to people in the conference room, back in Seattle."

"It's not the same. I don't know the people here. The place doesn't feel the same as our office."

"Are you secretly shy?" I asked, surprised and amused.

"Something like that," he mumbled. "Could we drop the subject?" I nodded, curiosity eating me up from the inside. I never figured Lex to be so reluctant to be on stage. He was the epitome of confidence, and I had imagined he'd participated in his fair share of such conventions. That newly found trait of him was rather endearing. Somehow, knowing his faults made me like him more, or maybe it was just compassion.

"It doesn't leave much choice. I need to be the one signing so the nail polish looks inconspicuous. So not Joseph. I can't go with Brian or Steven, because they look worse than poor Britney when she had her meltdown," I continued.

"Britney?"

I looked at him, skeptical. "Britney Spears."

"Oh," he nodded. I winced my eyes at him, feeling like it wasn't all. "She's an actress, right?"

My mouth fell open. How the hell did he not know about Britney? "Lex, she's a singer. Nay, she's more than that. She's an icon, a fucking queen. She marked a whole generation. How do you not know that?"

"My interests are limited," he explained, embarrassed.

"That's more than limited, Lex. Even people with no internet access know about her."

"I don't pay attention to things that don't interest me. And then I pay too much of it to things that do," he said, his intense eyes on me.

Is it me, or did the temperature of the room just go up?

Deciding the situation was too grave to let my hormones take the lead, I opened Spotify on my laptop, shaking my head. I quickly typed in my research and looked for some of the most iconic songs. I played one of those, looking at Lex, expecting him to react. He shook his head after listening to it for a moment. I tried another, and he focused on it. Behind his glasses, his eyes were fixed on the screen. He didn't know that one either.

I decided to try one more, and I watched his face lighten up. "I know this one," he asserted, almost enthusiastically.

"Yay, you know Toxic! You're not a total lost cause," I teased.

He chuckled, and we both listened to the song for a moment. It was rather weird to listen to this song together since a lot of it applied to us. The explosive relationship the singer described was uncannily fitting. After a moment of awkwardness listening to Britney Spears, I closed Spotify.

"All right, we were talking about the live demonstration," I said, trying to get back to business. "It doesn't leave that many options. It's either Mason or Oliver with me on stage." Lex clenched his jaw and I pinched my lips. This jealousy thing was not pleasing me as much as I would have imagined. "I'll go with Mason," I proposed. Oliver might have been a better option, given our easy-going chemistry, but green didn't look good on Lex. I didn't want him to ignore me again because Oliver dared to touch my arm.

"Pick whoever you prefer," he mumbled.

"I'm fine with Mace. He is charismatic, and we get along well."

"I don't expect you to cut ties with people because of the way I feel. Go with Oliver if you want to."

I looked at him, a lump blocking my throat. He was being very reasonable right now. It was clearly hard for him to say those things. "I'm very happy to do it with Mace," I insisted.

We dropped the subject, and he went back to his side of the room. I texted Mason to tell him he was now helping me out with the presentation, asking if he could come up whenever he was free.

After one more hour of it, Lex had received the first visuals from the design team back in Seattle. They were absolutely stunning. Mason arrived soon after, and I explained to him what his job would be. Basically, we were going to have a casual conversation through the app, and he'd leave the stage. I knew my work well enough to know which ways I should sign and form the sentences so it always came out perfect. It felt an awful lot like cheating, but we didn't have a choice. Presenting an app in its alpha stage was always tricky, and subterfuges were necessary. Mace remained for about half an hour with us, providing some welcome distraction with his exuberant personality, and then left to join the guys for dinner.

When the evening came, we ate in Lex's room, ordering burgers and fries from the room service. We kept working long after the night had fallen. I had rehearsed a few times, giving him the whole presentation. We'd made adjustments, added facts, double-checked the visuals... I was as ready as I could ever be.

"All right, I'm done," I sighed as I leaned back, having reached my limits shortly after ten. "All work and no play makes Andy a dull girl. We better stop now unless you're okay with me chasing you with an ax."

He looked at me blankly, and I worried my joke had flat-lined. "Before you get all angry at me," he started cautiously, "I know it's a quote from a movie. I just can't remember which one."

"Lex, no!" I protested, scandalized. "I didn't say anything when you didn't know who Britney was—"

"You said plenty," he cut me.

"But I didn't scold you. This is another story. How can you not know this was from The Shining?"

"I've never seen it," he defended himself, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm not into popular culture. I liked superheroes as a kid, and I can still enjoy science fiction now and then, but that's about the extent of it."

The subject was apparently sensitive, so I decided not to tease him further. It seemed crazy how he knew so little on those subjects, but I had to accept that not everyone was as obsessed as I was with movies and pop culture references.

Instead of pressing him, I went to his side of the table and moved to sit on his lap. He welcomed me with warmth, circling my hips with his arms while I settled comfortably on his solid thighs. With my arms over his neck, I looked him in the eye.

"I have a deal for you, Coleman," I said gravely. "If you'll have me as your mentor, it would be my greatest honor to introduce you to the joys of fabulous movies and shows."

He gave me a genuine and affectionate smile, his eyes taking in the details of my face. "I'd love that. But what is the other part of the deal?"

"Well, you have very limited experience when it comes to movies, and mine is quite mediocre when it comes to sex. So I thought we could come up with an exchange of knowledge," I suggested, my mouth very close to his.

The mood shifted, and his hands slowly caressed my curves. We didn't kiss, delaying the moment our lips would meet. We played with the idea, though, our mouths barely grazing each other's. "It sounds like a lot of work. I don't know if I'll be up to the task," he teased.

"What about me? You haven't even seen The Shining."

"You're definitely better at sex than I am at movies," he pointed out, flattering my ego. I nodded, seriously hoping I wasn't that bad in the sack.

"I don't even know where to start your education."

"How about you show me your favorite movie first?"

"No, you wouldn't like it," I declared after giving it a thought.

"I'm feeling quite open-minded at the moment," he argued, shifting under me so I could feel his erection against my thigh.

A naughty smile stretched my lips. "You can't be that tolerant. What if I told you it's Dirty Dancing?"

He gave me an incredulous look, as if he knew perfectly well this wouldn't be my all-time fave. "Well, you couldn't have picked a worse movie to prove your point. I have three older sisters, remember? I have seen this movie so many times I know it by heart."

"Really?"

To prove his point, he started reciting a whole section of the movie, and I stared at him, baffled. He was even doing the intonations and facial expressions, which was so fucking endearing my heart doubled in size. For my own sake, I shut him up by plastering my lips over his. He gladly welcomed the distraction, and then I pulled away from him, an undying grin lingering.

"I can't believe you actually know Dirty Dancing by heart."

"I think I watched it thirty times. And as soon as I was strong enough to carry them, my sisters made me learn the dance with the lift and all."

I tried to hold back my laughter, but it was a lost cause. The image of young Lex, learning to dance to please his big sisters, was irresistible.

"Are you making fun of me?" he wondered, a little offended.

"I swear to you I'm not. You're just... adorable."

"I don't think anyone has called me adorable in at least twenty-five years," he frowned. "Okay, now you got me curious. What's your favorite movie, Andrea?"

"It's—" I started, before changing my mind. "No. Nope. You'll make fun of me."

He tightened his hold on me, determined to make me talk, and I tried to get away from him. We battled for a moment, and I fought him, despite knowing perfectly well I couldn't win. I ended up with my back on the couch, his large body pressing me into the cushions.

"What is your favorite movie, Andrea?" he demanded, his mouth less than an inch from mine. His familiar weight on me was making me feel all sorts of things. Desire slowly gathered in my lower stomach, and my limbs became heavier.

"It's... Toy Story," I admitted, my breath short.

When he let out a breathy chuckle, his warm breath caressed my face. "The greatest movie of all time is a cartoon, according to you?" he teased, kissing the side of my throat, making my heart flutter in my chest.

"Animated movie. And it is the greatest movie of all time."

"Why is that?" he insisted, his hands slowly pushing my top up.

My breathing grew faster, and my body tensed and relaxed at the same time. "It's... Well, the kid is named Andy, so, best name ever, great start, obviously," I half-joked, letting out a nervous laugh when Lex opened my jeans.

"Keep going," he ordered, pulling my pants down, leaving my panties on.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I nodded docilely. Shit, he was making it hard to form sentences. "Also, the scenario is amazing. I spent months spying on my toys after that, hoping I'd catch them moving when they didn't know I was looking."

He lifted my shirt, and I helped him take it off, leaning back on the couch, only wearing my underwear. He observed me with hungry eyes, making my heated skin flush, a delicate shade of pink covering my chest and face. "Keep talking, Andrea."

"Lex, I don't want to talk anymore," I whimpered, reaching for him.

"A lesson for a lesson, remember?"

He was teasing me, and I both loved and hated that. I nodded anyway and tried to remember why I liked Toy Story so much. "Also, the technical prowess of the movie is just— Aah!" I moaned when the flesh of his thumb found my pulsating clit through my panties, with impressive precision.

"The prowess is what, Andrea?" he insisted, pushing the fabric to the side.

"It's very commendable. And it was the first of its— Ah shit," I whimpered when he pushed a finger inside of my drenched femininity. "Yes, don't stop!"

"You're proving to be quite a distracted mentor," he noted. I couldn't help but scoff at the remark. If I was so bad, it was because he was too good.

"Lex, I want y—" A couple of knocks interrupted me. We both turned to the door, startled.

"Fuck," Lex groaned, pushing himself away from me. "One day, we'll lock ourselves somewhere for a week, where no one can interrupt us," he declared, making it sound more like a threat than a promise. "Who is it?" he barked, standing up.

My hands trembling with unsatisfied need, I reached for my top.

"It's Hugh," the person at the door answered. Shit. I slipped on my sweater, making sure it wasn't inside out and jumped to my feet.

"I swear I might just kill the man," Lex said, his voice so low it resembled a growl. He went to the door while I finished dressing up, slipping on my shoes, forgoing my socks. I grabbed my blazer and put it on, hoping it would make me look more presentable.

As soon as I was done, Lex opened the door, looking at the man behind it with disdain. I gathered my things on the coffee table, knowing the best thing I could do right now was to leave.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you had company," Hugh said when he noticed me, not seeming sorry at all.

"We were getting ready for a presentation tomorrow. What do you want?" Lex coldly answered.

I was done packing my computer, having shoved my things in its bag. I grabbed my phone from the table and went to the door.

"Good night," I mumbled, my eyes quickly passing over both of them. Eager to be away, I sneaked out, fending my way in the deserted corridors.

Later that night, I was lying in my bed, my body still tingling from what Hugh had interrupted. I wanted Lex. He had to take care of the ache lingering between my legs.

Impulsively, I grabbed my phone to send him a text.

"Do you want to meet in the room?"

I laid back down, ready to wait for his answer. It came in under ten seconds. "No fruits or vegetables to illustrate tonight?" he cheekily answered. My face reddened at the embarrassing memory of the texts.

"Emojis are drunk Andy's signature. I have way more class."

"I can see that. It seems both of you want the same thing, though."

"We sure do. So, care to join me there?"

"I would, but you need to rest. Big day tomorrow."

"I can't sleep right now. Someone made me hot and bothered, before leaving me unsatisfied."

His answer took a while to arrive, and I bit back a smile, trying to imagine his state. "If I meet you there, you won't sleep at all."

Shit, the idea of us having sex all night long made my core clench. I honestly didn't mind not sleeping if that was the alternative. "I have a high tolerance to fatigue," I sent, boldly lying.

"Consider it your reward for a well-done job. I'll fuck your brains out all you want, but after the presentation."

He really wouldn't change his mind, would he? "I didn't get my goodnight kiss. I can't fall asleep without it," I pleaded.

There were no answers for a while despite him seeing my message, and I worried he might heartlessly leave me on read like this. When something finally came, it wasn't another message, but a knock on my door.

Excitedly, I jumped out of my bed and went to open it, delighted that he'd come down to indulge my silly request. As I opened the door, I confidently posed with a hand on the frame. I was adamant to seduce him into giving me more than a goodnight kiss, but a full-on make-it-so-good-I-pass-out fuck instead. It didn't matter if my jammies were anything but sexy, they'd come off soon enough.

He was wearing a white T-shirt with gray jogging pants, and I wondered if he slept in these or if he'd hurriedly put these on to get down here. I didn't have the opportunity to wonder for too long, though, as he bent forward, wrapping an arm around my waist.

Dominantly, he gave me the kiss I'd demanded as if he'd been starving for my lips as I had for his. With burning intensity, he practically fucked my mouth with his, one of his hands slipping under the elastic of my shorts to grope and fondle my ass, sending sparks of lust into my intimacy. Shit, that was some next-level type of goodnight kiss. Behind his embrace, there was the promise of much, much more than a kiss.

With eager hands, I tried to pull him into my room, deciding we could have sex here if I was quiet enough. He resisted, though, holding onto the frame with a solid grip. I whimpered in his mouth, prone to a desperate wave of want. When I reached for his shaft into his baggy pants, he prevented it, holding my hand out of harm's way.

Straightening up, he pulled away from me, still clutching my wrist. His cheeks were flushed, his lips temptingly wet, and I wanted nothing more than to drag him to my bed and sit on his gorgeous face.

"Good night, Andrea," he declared with a husky voice. "Now, go the fuck to bed."

Utterly shocked, I realized he was only here for the goodnight kiss, and not to thoroughly fuck me into exhaustion. "Lex—" I started to protest.

"No, no more pleading. I gave you your goodnight kiss, now you can fall asleep."

How the fuck was I supposed to sleep when I was so impossibly horny? I opened my mouth to argue again, but he ignored me, releasing me to get back into the hallway.

"Just so you know, I'll be turning off my phone, so you can't make me change my mind," he declared. Perfectly aware of what he'd just done to me, he sent me a cocky smirk and bent to whisper the rest. "Enjoy the blue ovaries, Walker."

With that, he left me right there, craving him so badly I was trembling from it, too shocked to even move. The fuck had just happened? I'd thought I'd lure him into some sexy time, but instead, he'd played me like a fool.

For a moment, I considered going after him, knocking at his door to demand he put his dick in me. But given how easily he'd rejected me just now, it was entirely possible he'd send me back my way, leaving me horny and humiliated. Since I didn't have much of a choice, I eventually closed the door before me and returned to bed, the taste of him still lingering on my tongue.

Discouraged, I stared at the ceiling, holding back a groan. Damn it, if I thought it was hard to fall asleep before, it was even worse now. Shit, he was such a fucking tease.

The whole day had been an emotional roller coaster. I was mentally and physically drained. Despite my frustration, my weariness took over, and I slowly fell into slumber. Wild scenarios of Lex and me in the hotel from The Shining populated my dreams. The things that happened there weren't quite horrific, though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 2.2K 49
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
3.1M 130K 64
Office rivals fight for the same promotion, while resisting their attraction for each other. LAYLA masks her insecurities behind perfectionism. The g...
981K 57.1K 82
When yet another curveball puts Andy and Lex's relationship into serious jeopardy, the stakes become higher than they've ever been, forcing the coupl...
3.6M 129K 91
No one deserves to be stuck in a complicated love triangle with their arranged husband and his girlfriend, especially not Kyra Casella, a broken youn...