Creation Begins with an I, De...

By CrashOfWorlds

Error and Ink are two Gods, one of creation, the other of Destruction. One is a tattoo artist, happy with his... More

Fried Chicken and Video Games
Guilt
Creation Meets Destruction
Emo Love Advice
"We'll Regret This In The Morning."
Playing Mute
'Inky'
'Mr. Perfect Nurse'
Official and Illegal
Suspicious
You're Replaceable
Hospitals Are Fun!
Idiot of the Highest Order
Kidnapped
Philosophical Nonsense
Mr Monochrome and his Misplaced Brother
Act Serious For A Minute, You're Being Held At Gunpoint Now
'Crossing' The Line
Reverse Child Kidnapping
99 Problems and People are Every Single One of Them
Your Local Drug Dealers
The Air Has The Consistency of Ice Cream
Starbucks Group Therapy
Perfectly Ordinary Library
Why Does Everyone Have a Million Secrets Now
Drunken Latino Meltdown
Normal Day at the Office
Randomly Generated Conversation Topics
Is It Supposed to Look Like That?
Ordinary Family Dinner
Bowls and Bullets
Feeling Like We'd Rather Not Feel at All
A POSITIVE announcement about the future of this book
Exciting News! (+Exclusive content preview!)
THE REWRITE OF THIS BOOK IS OUT NOW

"Stick The Knife Back In, It Might Help."

3.3K 169 605
By CrashOfWorlds

"...and you'll need these, too." 

"Thanks, Dream..."

"Crap! Geno's coming, hide them!"

Error shoved the packet into the bag on the floor.

Geno walked in, a coffee in one hand, a pen and clipboard in the other. He looked exhausted. He slammed the clipboard down on the desk at the end of the bed before taking a long sip of coffee. "Well, good news, you're improving. We can move you off the ICU later."

"That's great!" Dream flashed a forced smile, "Well, I'll see you later, Error." And he left the room quickly. 

Geno gave a look of confusion. "What's up with him?"

Error shrugged. 

Geno shook his head. "Well, if he's gonna be weird.... Anyway, I see you're sitting in the chair. That's good, means you're making progress. And then we can get you out of here, thank God."

"I am God. So you're welcome."

"..."

"Okay, I'm a God."

"...What you're not is funny."

"Yeah, I know." Error said, putting on a forced smile. "Anyway, why are you so desperate to get me out of here?"

"You being in this building is stressing me out. This is where I work, and I'm constantly surrounded by your friends. That means I can't get away from Reaper, and he's being awfully... Flirty." Geno huffed. Error noticed the slight shade of red on Geno's cheeks, but decided not to mention it.

"If I feel fine, would they discharge me early?" Error asked, suddenly sounding more interested in the conversation.

"Uh... Like... When?" Geno asked, looking up from the clipboard.

"Like... Today?" Error asked slowly.

"No. No, absolutely not today. You need that IV in, and your vitals still have to be monitored. Which reminds me, your blood pressure is unusually low," Geno said in an almost annoyed voice.

"Your tone of voice says you're blaming me."

"Yes, I absolutely am! I'm trying my best to help you get out of here! And then one morning, your blood pressure just... decides to just... go from completely normal to..." Geno broke off, resting his elbows on the table and hiding his face in his hands.

"Bro. It's just blood pressure." Error snickered. When his brother just sighed in response, he rolled his eyes and decided to prod, "You stressed out about something?"

"Yes!"

"This about that one consultant in the ED that hates you?"

"No!"

"You get any sleep?"

"No!"

"Is this about Reaper?"

"YES!" 

The two sat in silence for about thirty seconds before Geno looked up and sighed,  shrugging. "What do I do, Error?"

Error smirked. "Do you like him?"

"No!"

"Be honest."

"No!"

"Be. Honest."

"Yes! Yes, I do!"

There was another short silence. 

"What do I do?" Geno whined. 

"As you can see, it would seem that I am not the best person to ask." Error gestured to the machines he was still hooked up to.

"C'mon. Help me here."

"Next time you see him, kiss him. Just straight up kiss him. He needs it right now." Error whispered the last sentence.

"But... It's just that I don't think I'm..."

"Ready for a serious relationship?" Error finished.

"...Yeah."

"Honestly, I don't think I'm ready for any kind of relationship. Because apparently I don't handle breakups well." Error sighed. "But look, Reaper would give you anything you wanted: Serious or just a bit of fun, he'd do it for you. It's painful to watch how openly he expresses his love for you, and you just dismiss it with a wave of your hand. I mean, that's harsh. And he may act like he doesn't care each time you do that, but he does. You like him back, so stop being so childish and just tell him how you feel! It's not that fucking hard!" Error's voice got louder and angrier with every sentence, and the last five words were practically screamed. Geno looked shocked, and in a quiet voice, Error said, "I'm sorry."

Geno walked over, putting a hand on Error's shoulder. "It's okay. You're upset about your breakup. I don't think you've really thought about it until now, have you?"

Error shook his head. 

Geno frowned. "Something else is bothering you, though. What's up?"

"I'm fine, just... sick of being here." 

Suddenly Dream burst back in, making a gesture for Error to stand up, which he did.

"Error, what are you-" Error suddenly ripped out his IV, making Geno run over. "What are you doing?" 

"Reaper's outside with Cross and Nightmare," Dream walked over, grabbing the bag at Error's feet, "They came on the bike."

Geno raised his 'eyebrows'. "All three?"

"Yep, but I very much doubt they'd get Error on there right now, so I'm teleporting him back to the place Ink works. But you have to be as still as possible, right now you could get hurt very easily." Dream said.

Error grinned. "We've fit five people on that bike before." 

Dream giggled, and Geno just looked completely confused.

"...You were on that bike with four other people?!" Geno shrieked.

"Mhm."

"...Wait. Where are you going? I've just noticed that you're actually trying to leave right now!" Geno looked between Dream and Error.

"Well you see, we've got a kidnapper to hunt down," Dream replied, "And we need Error's help. He knows his way around the multiverse better than any of us- Well, maybe on the same level as Ink."

"How can you even stand up?" Geno asked.

"I may have given him some extra IV drugs," Dream muttered, avoiding eye contact with Geno.

Geno stared at him. "What did you give him?"

"Uh... A few things." Dream passed the bag to Error, who went to put it on his back, but they hadn't realised that it was still unzipped. A small, white paper bag fell out. Dream immediately went to grab it, but Geno kicked his hand out of the way, grabbing it himself. He opened the bag and pulled out a white bottle of pills.

"...Morphine pills. And if you gave him extra IV morphine... that would explain his low blood pressure!" Geno continued to stare at Dream. "Dream, he wasn't prescribed anything yet. Because he can't leave yet! And by giving him these pills, you could loose your job! I mean, you could technically go to jail if someone found out!"

"Yeah, well no one's going to find out, are they?" Dream said sharply, snatching the pills back and handing them to Error, who stuffed them back in the bag

Geno watched as the two walked towards the door. Just as they got outside the room, he shouted, "Wait!" He walked over and out the door. "I'm not going to be able to convince you not to discharge yourself. But I'm not letting you teleport him, that could go so wrong. I'll drive you."

**

As Geno unlocked his car, a motorbike came over from the other side of the parking lot. The first person on was clearly Reaper, despite his face being covered by a helmet. As it pulled up beside Geno's car, they noticed there was indeed three people on it. And to Geno's surprise, all three had helmets. Nightmare was behind Reaper, and Cross was at the back.

"Before you ask, Geno," Reaper yelled, lifting up the visor on his helmet, "Cross had two spare helmets. Apparently he used to have a bike."

"Oh, I remember that thing!" Dream giggled, "He always used to take Ink with him to work on it. I've been on it to, I swear once he nearly killed me."

"You 'used' to have one? What happened to it?" Geno asked.

Cross lifted his visor. "I sold it to a Russian guy."

Error snorted and Reaper laughed, but Geno rolled his eyes and muttered, "Probably best that you did..."

"We'll follow you guys. Come on, Dream, get in the back." Error ordered, getting into the front of Geno's car.

"You haven't even questioned the fact we're catching a kidnapper," Dream pointed out.

"I've learnt not to question what Error does."

**

Chara's eyes opened slowly. His vision was blurred and all he could see was a mix of black and white, he couldn't make out where he was. He went to call out his brother's name, but all that came out was a groan. And then he heard footsteps on what seemed to be a wooden floor. 

"I was hoping you wouldn't wake up so soon." A voice growled. 

Chara blinked several times until he could make out who was talking to him. A skeleton. He was tall and Chara noticed he was shirtless. Across his ribs was a large, red slash. The skeleton picked a blood-soaked shirt up off the floor and pulled it over his chest. The blood was about the only colour Chara could really see in the room.

"Who are you?" Chara asked weakly.

"Are you aware of the Gods?"

"...What Gods?"

"That would be a no, then."

"Well... I heard someone call someone the 'God of Negativity... That was... I don't know how long ago that was, but before... this."

The skeleton nodded. "Yeah, Reaper and Nightmare are Gods, if your brother didn't tell you."

"I know Nightmare." Chara said.

"Yeah. Your brother doesn't seem to like him very much."

"Mmm... I think they'll get along eventually."

"Didn't know you'd be so talkative, especially since I've essentially kidnapped you."

"...You've what?"

"I'll go back to your earlier question of who I am," The skeleton said, taking a few steps towards Chara, "I'm a God too. But I'm sort of like a boss to them. I'm part of something we call 'The Trinity'. And I don't think it really matters anymore what unmarked mortals know, since Ink's completely ignored the rule for years."

"Ink? As in the short, tattooed skeleton? My brother's friend?" 

"Mhm."

"...What do you mean 'Gods'?"

"Look, kid, I can't be bothered to explain. Basically I'm a God. No more questions." The skeleton went to walk out of the room, but Chara called out again.

"Wait!"

The skeleton turned around. "What?"

"Why'd you take me?"

The skeleton hesitated. "That's none of your concern."

"Well it is, you've kidnapped me!"

"And I'll fucking murder you if you don't keep your mouth shut."  He growled. 

Chara fell silent.

Once again, the skeleton went to leave, but despite the last threat, Chara asked one more question.

"What's your name?" 

"...Alpha."

Chara tried to sit up suddenly and cried out in pain. He realised what he had been lying on was a bed. It wasn't particularly comfortable, but it was better than the floor. Which he was now lying on.  

"Yeah, wouldn't try and go anywhere if I were you, kid. You'll definitely have a concussion." Alpha called from another room. 

The pale boy groaned again, waiting a few seconds before he pulled himself back onto the bed and sitting on the edge as he observed his surroundings: A wooden, old-looking wood floor; the walls were painted a bright, cold white; the bed was stiff and cold, the covers where white and the pillow was black; the curtains were drawn, but they were worn and had holes in them, from which streams of light flooded in, much to Chara's displeasure. The white light made his throbbing headache even worse. The pain was getting worse every second... each wave of it brought on new symptoms: nausea, light-headedness, fatigue... He lay down again, feeling as if he'd pass out if he didn't. All he really wanted now was Cross. Last time he'd concussed himself (which had also been the first time he'd done that) Cross had sat with him, but his brother wasn't here this time. But if he had his phone he could talk to him... He stuck his hand inside his pocket, but nothing was there. 

"What did you do with my phone?" Chara called.

No response. 

Chara huffed, sitting up slowly and eventually forcing himself to get up and walk to the other side of the room. He looked out of the door. There was a small hallway leading to what he assumed was the front door, and there were four more doors along the corridor. He heard Alpha's footsteps in the closest room. Making his way over slowly, he realised this small house only had one floor, which was lucky for him, since he wouldn't be able to get up or down them right now. He pushed the door open a crack and pressed an eye up to the door. While his vision was still blurred, he could see Alpha. The room appeared to be a bathroom. He had his shirt off again, and was holding some sort of cloth or something up to his wound, which Chara realised was still bleeding. He watched as blood stained it.  Alpha took his phone off the side of the sink and dialled someone, putting them on speaker and placing the phone back down.

"Alpha?"

"Listen, Four. I don't want you to ask questions, but-"

"I'm automatically going to ask questions now."

"-But I've been trying to stop the bleeding on this massive wound across my chest for like... Well, since last night. It's not bleeding too fast, but it won't stop. Just wondered if you could help me. Like I said, don't ask any questions."

"...How'd you get that? Where are you?"

"What did I say about questions?"

"I need to know where you are if I'm coming to help you."

"I can come to you."

"I'm in HorrorTale..."

"...What are you doing there?"

"Just opened a portal and this was the first place it took me to. Anyway, I can't even heal you, you know that. What do you want me to do?"

"...Alright, that's not the main problem here."

"Didn't think so. What have you done now?"

"Umm..." Alpha looked around, as if having a mental debate. Suddenly he turned around, seeing Chara at the door. "...I'll call you back." He grabbed the phone, ended the call and before Chara could do anything, teleported up to the boy. "What are you doing?" He growled. 

"U-Uh... I just..." Chara couldn't think of an excuse.

Alpha grabbed him and dragged him back to the bedroom he'd been lying in and threw him violently down onto the floor. "Stay in this room." He went to leave.

Chara felt a sudden rush of anger. Before he knew what he was doing, he had summoned a knife, and threw it directly at Alpha. Alpha turned suddenly, but didn't have time to react, and the knife sank (satisfyingly, for Chara) into his chest. Suddenly the wound started seeping blood again, and much to Chara's surprise, he pulled the knife straight out. The blood started flowing much faster. 

"You shouldn't have done that." Chara made a vague gesture at the knife on the floor.

"...No, I shouldn't have."

"Try sticking it back in. That might help." Chara tried to say it with a straight face, but failed and burst out laughing. Alpha grabbed the knife suddenly, but Chara was quick; he dodged the knife, but Alpha lashed out a second time and Chara managed to avoid getting the knife through him, but instead the side of the metal blade collided with his head. He fell to the floor and cried out. 

"Might as well just..."  Alpha pulled his signature move of kicking people in the back of the head again. Chara went limp.

**

"So you're saying that Error's outside and I'm supposed to come with you?" Ink narrowed his eyes, looking up from the paper he was writing on.

"Yeah, you're a God, you're in this too. Now get up, let's go!" Nightmare glared at him. 

"And I think it's best if you stay here, Cross." Dream said.

"No, I'm coming. He's my brother." Cross responded straight away. His tone of voice indicated he wasn't going to have a debate about it.

Ashley and Phoenix suddenly came out from the back of the studio. Ashley shouted, "Hey who are these guys? We're not even open yet." 

"Listen, Cross and I have to go. You'll have to call the manager if you need more staff, Cross' brother is basically being held hostage and we need to go and save him. Bye." Ink pushed past the rest of them, and out the door. 

Outside he found himself directly next to Error.

The two stared for a moment.

"I'm sorry..." Ink muttered.

"I am too."

"You didn't do anything."

"I'm just sorry all of this happened."

"Same."

"Right, let's go." Reaper came out the door, followed by all the others.

"...To where, though? We didn't really consider where we were actually going..." Dream pointed out.

"We'll go and see KM. He'll get Chara back in minutes." Reaper said.

"If it was gonna be that easy, we wouldn't all need to be here." Another voice said. Cross turned.

"Who's that?" Cross asked, pointing at the skeleton who just spoke.

"Oh, that's Glitch. He's the God of Resurrection." Dream explained. 

Glitch smiled at Cross, who nodded and turned away.

"Glitch is right. It's not gonna be that easy and we all know it."

"Well... We can start by seeing KM. That way we've got a starting point." Ink said, snapping his fingers. A portal appeared. Cross' eyes widened.

"What's wrong? Never travelled by portal before?" Glitch snickered. 

"I've teleported... Is that the same thing?" Cross asked.

"Nope." Error smirked, "You have to use a portal to get to other universes. Only Gods can make these portals."

"...Okay, let's go..." Cross said, taking a step forwards. He hesitated before the portal. Nightmare rolled his eyes and tutted, pushing Cross through. 

"Nightmare..." Dream said  before following Cross.

On the other side, Cross was lying on the floor.

"Get up." Nightmare ordered as he appeared through the portal. Ink appeared last, and the portal closed after him.

"...That was horrible." Cross gasped, flipping himself over onto his back.

"You have to remember," Error said, offering a hand to Cross to help him up (which was denied, as Cross didn't move), "Mortals aren't meant to travel by portal. We're used to it, he's not."

"Ugh... My head's killing me now... and I feel like I'm gonna throw up..." Cross groaned.

"Well please don't do it on me." Error sighed, sitting down next to him. 

"Guess we're waiting here for a minute." Glitch muttered.

"I did say it would be best for him to stay back home..." Dream said.

"I'm fine, I'd just like to not be shoved  through a portal which rips you through time and space!"

"It doesn't really-"

"Alright, I'm sorry, but you weren't going to go through if I didn't." Nightmare groweled. 

"Oh, it was you?" Cross spat.

"No, let's not do this..." Dream huffed.

"Start fighting and I'll just go and find the kid myself." Error shouted. 

"Feel free to, it would save us all the trouble." Nightmare hissed. 

"I thought you two were gonna start being nice to each other?" Reaper cut in.

Cross and Nightmare both shrugged. 

"Right, can we go now?" Error asked Cross. 

He nodded. "But if-"

"What's going on here, then?" A deeper voice called. 

They all turned. "King Multiverse! Hi! Um..." Dream said.

"...Who's that? He's a mortal..." The King narrowed his eyes.

"My friend," Ink said, "His brother's been kidnapped by Alpha."

The King sighed loudly. "Here we go again..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

r e e 

It's shorter than the last chapter but OH WELL---

So anyways 

None of you guessed the female character correctly 

It's not Betty, and it's not Frisk.

And someone even suggested me, and no, it really is not XD

She'll be revealed next chapter~

So final chance to guess~

Also Chara's having a fun time, he got knocked out twice in like a few hours

And I'm vaguely aware of the fact that he turned into Ben Drowned in this chapter: 

y e e t 

mmkay, bye

-Brooke

(Blank Space 2: Wattpad's Revenge)

Not gonna lie if that was a movie I'd see it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 269 7
Error. Forced god of Destruction. Always called monster and hated by most people. Error didn't like this job becouse it was slowly killing him but he...
74.2K 2.3K 14
Hiya! I'm Bluey, and this is my first story. -×- About this story: Error is the forced God of Destruction, but an adorably innocent/clueless glitch...
27.8K 1.1K 19
It's their starting for a new world! Ink with his childish personality, and Error with his destructive tensions. Throw curiously into the mix and wha...
159K 9.3K 73
"I'm not, I repeat, I'm NOT going to play around with you." "It's your fault why we're stuck like this." "I can disguise as a guard! We could-" "We c...