LIKE STARS

By TheOfficialSemiloore

| PUBLISHED ON HINOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON RNOVEL | | PUBLISHED ON READOO | | PUBLISHED ON VOLCANOEBOOK | ... More

- Chapter One -
- Chapter Two -
- Chapter Three -
- Chapter Four -
- Chapter Five -
- Chapter Six -
- Chapter Seven -
- Chapter Eight -
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven.
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapty Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Forty

2.4K 480 17
By TheOfficialSemiloore

Monday morning came quickly and everyone was still talking about Semiloore and Tamiloore birthday party.

Apparently no one had noticed the ruckus Semiloore caused at the back of the party.

"Be prepared to watch the best debate of your life" Semiloore yelled in the bus.

"Huh?"

"Tamiloore practiced over night"Semiloore said proudly.

"Whoa!"

The debate was the first thing that morning so almost everyone was in attendance. Tamiloore didn't shake the opponents hands as usual and so were her counter parts arousing attention and noise in the hall.

Akin wore a cold face at the attitude of the juniors in front of him.

"Goodluck" the second speaker said and Tamiloore shrugged and went to seat down. Akin was the first as usual and as usual he was flawless and earned a standing ovation from everyone.

Silence engulfed the hall as Tamiloore picked up the mic. The vibe she was emitting was so so different and it was almost deadly. The way she spoke was so different as she stated her points carefully.

She had a gift, the ability to capture her audience and put them all in a trance. And that was what she did and even the timekeeper was almost carried away. She even ended before the timekeeper could ring the first warning bell.

There was a yell from Semiloore and everyone fell back from their trance. There was a loud ovation as the principal even stood up to clap.

"And now that's a debate"

They other speakers spoke and it was time for the second round and this time around Tamiloore was seen whispering to her counterparts as they nodded.

Akin came up to speak again and as usual earned a standing ovation. Tamiloore picked up the mic and tackled every single point he had said earning laughter from the audience.

The second speaker from SS3 tried to take back their glory but SS2 second speaker had tackled all the points again.

"Akin, what's wrong with Tamiloore?"

"Is she really mad about what happened?"

"Are you still asking?"

"Just see how they have finished us"

By the end of debate everybody was already yelling
"Tamiloore! Tamiloore! "

Tamiloore wore a huge grin as she glanced across the audience. The judges didn't even have to announce the winner. When they asked the opponents to shake each other, Tamiloore just bowed.

"You didn't have to do that, Tammy" Akin said and Tamiloore sneered.

"You are not allowed to call me that. You lost your right to"

"Still you shouldn't have acted like this"

"I did it because you are a jerk. An amazing one"

"You hate me now?" Akin asked.

Tamiloore laughed "The very sight of you disgusts me. To think that this whole school reverences you and think you are a deity. I wish I could tell them you are a scum,a scum of the earth"

"Hey! You can't talk to your senior like that"

"I can do whatever I want" Tamiloore said as she turned and threw her hands up with a big smile.

Nathaniel glanced at Semiloore "That was mad"

"Told ya".

SSS2 students were still hailing Tamiloore. She quickly wore her way towards Theo who was standing at a corner.

"Did I do well?" She asked excited and Theo smiled before nodding.

"Treat me! Treat me! Treat me!"

Theo laughed as Tamiloore grabbed his hand and started swinging it.

"Okay,okay. I'll treat you"

"And use me as your Facebook profile picture for a week"

"One would think am a girl" Theo said and Semiloore shrugged.

"Not after checking your upload. You must keep your promise"

"Okay" Theo replied as Tamiloore started pulling him away.

"Do you agree now?"

"How is he even taking all that? She seems oblivious of his feelings"

"I thought I was the only one who saw" Christian said.

"You know?"

"Just because I keep quiet doesn't mean I don't know what's going on"

JSS3O1
"Let me see the cowbellpedia book" Chidima said as she snatched the book from Funk and opened it.

"Isn't this Snr Semiloore?"

"She's the one"

"Her name is under sef"

"Whoa!"

"I heard she's very brilliant"

"Do you still need a rumor to believe that after seeing this?" Chidima asked shaking her head "You are really dumb"

Everyone burst into laughter.

"I'm not dumb"

"Of course. You are just stupid"

"I'm not stupid"

"That's your problem. We have Basic Technology,let's go to the laboratory"

Sofia was fuming as she grabbed her note and stormed out of the class.

"Chidima is really something. Don't worry I'll talk to her school mother" Yemi said.

"Why were you guys fighting?"

"We saw Snr Semiloore picture in a cowbellpedia magazine and I was like I heard she's brilliant and Chidima was like after seeing her picture in the magazine if I still need a rumor to confirm that".

"A cowbellpedia magazine?" Rolake asked.

"Yes"

"Go and bring it"

Rolake and Yemi continued staring at Semiloore's bright  smile at the cover of the cowbellpedia magazine.

"Guys" Rolake breathed out in the class.

"Huh?"

"Guys come and see something"

Joshua who was passing by was the first to peep and when everyone saw his eyes widened they all rushed to Rolake's locker.

"Wait.... Isn't that Semiloore?"

"Her name is underneath do you still have to ask?"

"Theo do you attend Spanish classes?" Semiloore asked.

"Yes. Whats up?"

"What the meaning of te amo?"

Theo laughed slightly "Where did you hear it from?"

"Just tell me the meaning"

"I love you"

"Huh?"

"That's the meaning"

"I love you?"

"Yes"

Semiloore turned a shade of red as she hurried towards her class.

"What's up with her?" Tamiloore asked.

"Seems like someone told her te amo"

"What te amo?"

"I love you"

"Huh?"

"I love you"

Tamiloore punched his arm playfully "Stop it jare"

"I'm not playing,that's the meaning"

"Whoa!"

Semiloore walked into the class to see everyone gathering around Rolake's locker.

"What's going on?" Semiloore asked and everyone turned to her at the same time.

"What's with that look?"

Rolake slowly raised the magazine "You were the cowbellpedia champion? Two times?"

Semiloore blinked as she stared at the magazine. She never thought the magazine could reach the school any day. She managed a smile as she walked towards them.

"Yes"

"Whoa!"

Semiloore sat on the locker in front of Rolake's locker.

"You guys should stop looking at me like that"

"Cowbellpedia is one competition is that...... I don't even know how to describe it and yet you were a two time champion"

"Junior and Senior"

"Semiloore"

Nathaniel rested his back on his chair,admiration in his eyes. So this was why cowbellpedia wished her happy birthday on twitter.

"Why didn't you tell anyone then?"

Semiloore smiled "I know that's not the question you want to ask me Stephen, I know you want to ask who am I? What am doing here?"

Stephen swallowed his saliva. "Yes"

"What do we have last period?" Semiloore asked.

"Voc, two periods"

"Let's meet in the garden then. I'll tell you guys my story"

"Its okay if you don't want to say it. The little we know it hurts and if its gonna hurt you shouldn't say" Jerry replied.

"I already planned on telling you guys somehow before now"

"Okay"

"Bring your popcorn and ice cream" Semiloore said with a smile as everyone laughed.

"Hey" Semiloore said.

"I actually saw Cowbellpedia wish you happy birthday on twitter" Nathaniel confessed.

"You saw?"

"Of course I saw"
"Why didn't you ask?" Semiloore asked.

"If you were going to tell me,whether I asked or not you will tell me" Nathaniel replied and a smile wore its way to Semiloore's face.

"You trust me that much?"

"I trust you that much"

"I know"

"What?"

"What you said yesterday"

"What did I say?" Nath asked feigning ignorance.

"Stop pretending"

"What?"

"I know you remember"

Nath smiled as he locked gazes with her. Semiloore smiled at him.

"Sarane" Semiloore said slowly.

"Don't ask me to look for the meaning,I know that means I love you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.5K 3.4K 72
four girls with different dreams and different likes.. bound by friendship and determination to stay together as strong as any circle of friends coul...
6.6K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...
17.4K 3.7K 59
"Pleaseee...abeg, don't start this morning oo! It won't be funny" I threatened. "And what are you gonna do about it baby?" He smirked, whispering the...
163K 15.4K 56
(COMPLETED) Jade Collins is in her mid thirties and doesn't know how much she needs to live carefreely until she meets Chike. Chike isn't the stereot...