secrets โžช ricky bowen {1} โœ”๏ธŽ

By laurastilinski_24

"๐‘ป๐’†๐’๐’ ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“ ๐‘บ๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’๏ฟฝ... More

sสษดแดแด˜sษชs.
PสŸแด€สสŸษชsแด›:
แดษดแด‡.
แด›แดกแด.
Fแดแดœส€:
Fษชแด แด‡:
Sษชx:
Sแด‡แด แด‡ษด:
Eษชษขสœแด›:
Nษชษดแด‡:
Tแด‡ษด:
EสŸแด‡แด แด‡ษด:
Tแดกแด‡สŸแด แด‡:
Tสœษชส€แด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Fแดแดœส€แด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Fษชา“แด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Sษชxแด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Sแด‡แด แด‡ษดแด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Eษชษขสœแด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Nษชษดแด‡แด›แด‡แด‡ษด:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Oษดแด‡:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Tแดกแด:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Tสœส€แด‡แด‡:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Fแดแดœส€:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Fษชแด แด‡:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Sษชx:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Sแด‡แด แด‡ษด:
Tแดกแด‡ษดแด›ส Eษชษขสœแด›: bonus!

Tสœส€แด‡แด‡:

7.9K 216 66
By laurastilinski_24

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚:
"The Read Through."

Today's the day of the first read through in rehearsal and I had a feeling it was going to be an interesting one.

I followed my peers into the bomb shelter and my eyes widened in amazement. It was set up to look like a drama room. There was a beautiful grand piano off to the side, and there were seats in a circle with name tags on them. My seat was next to Miss Jen's with the tag 'Stage Manager' on it.

I sat down and got the script out of my bag, before playing a couple of games on my phone. Across the room, I saw EJ switching over his name tag with Ricky's.

"You can't do that." I said.

He looked at me, then to Ashlyn, his cousin, who gave him a knowing look and he put the tags back in the right spots before sitting down.

"Could everyone take their assigned seats please?"

Having Paige here would make this a lot more fun for me but anyways.

"Who is Natalie Badgley and why do I care if her glands are swelling." I overheard Miss Jen ask Carlos.

"Our stage manager, guess she's not coming."

I sighed.

As much as I like to help run the shows by myself, it's always good to have a helping hand and Natalie is a good stage manager. But if I have to do it on my own, I will.

"Ginger, can you read?" Miss Jen asked Big Red.

Or not.

"Uh, not really."

"Well you're reading now. Just the stage directions." She told him. "Sit next to your co-stage manager Sammy over there please, thank you."

The remaining cast took their seats and I smiled at Big Red who looked extremely confused.

"Don't worry, it's really easy." I whispered to him.

"Everyone switch off your phones please." Miss Jen instructed. "I realise, that you all walked in here as strangers."

"Actually EJ's my cousin." Ashlyn spoke up.

"But after today," Miss Jen ignored her and continued. "You're a family. One tribe, committed to lifting this classic film to new heights."

"Please take your neighbours hands." She said, holding onto mine.

I held Big Red's awkwardly, and everyone else did the same. Miss Jen instructed Ricky and EJ to hold hands, even though the two boys were reluctant.

"Feel each others energy, let the silence speak volumes. In a world full of no, this is a space full of yes."

"Nice..." Carlos whispered. "Did you just come up with that?"

"I did." She replied, and then proceeded to sing 'We're All In This Together'. Big Red and I shared an uncomfortable look.

What have I gotten myself into?

"Sharpay. heads. for. class. she. hears. singing. opens. the. door. to. the. biology. room. lab. she. finds. Gabriella. and. Taylor. washing. their. hands. they. turn. to. find. there. are. no. paper. towels. in. the. dispenser–"

"Stop!"

Oh thank god. Big Red wasn't kidding when he said he couldn't read.

"Don't run it all together, read the punctuation."

"Sharpay, comma, heads for class, period..."

Oh God please make it stop.

"And they hear songs in their heads, period..."

"And that's act one, lets take a break."

I closed my script and stood up to stretch my back.

"I thought you said this was easy..." Big Red asked.

"I didn't know you sucked at reading." I replied. "No offence."

"None taken. I hate this."

"Oh come on, Big Red, it's not that bad. You'll get used to it. Besides, I can show you the ropes."

"Whatever." He sighed and went over to Ricky. I sat back down with a sigh and texted Paige.

This is the strangest first rehearsal I've ever been to.

The bubble with the three dots appeared instantly as Paige replied.

Not going well then?

Let's just say this is going to be a long 74 rehearsals.

I'm praying for u lol

"Okay people we're back." Miss Jen announced.

Thanks lol, gtg love you xx

Love you too <3

I locked my phone and slipped it inside my pocket as the rest of the read through continued.

✰✰✰

After rehearsal I decided to clear my head and mess around with the piano in the theatre. Luckily there was no one in here to hear me sing.

A songbook from the original High School Musical movie was already sitting there so I flipped through the pages to see which song to play.

I read over Troy and Gabriella's duet 'What I've Been Looking For', and sat it upright on the stand.

I began playing the notes and sang the lyrics.

"It's hard to believe, that I couldn't see, you were always there beside me. Thought I was alone, with no one to hold, but you were always right beside me. This feeling's like no other, I want you to know...I've never had someone that knows me like you do. The way you do! And I've never had someone as good for me as you, no one like you. So lonely before I finally found...what I've been looking for."

"That was really good." A male voice said. I jumped, turning around to find the source of the noise.

It was Ricky.

"What are you doing here?" I asked nervously.

"I was looking for Nini and I heard you singing as I was walking past." Ricky explained. "You sounded great by the way."

"Um, thanks. Nini's not here, it's just me so...you can leave and pretend you never heard any of that."

He raised an eyebrow. "Why would I do that?"

"You know what, it doesn't matter." I brushed him off, gathering my things. "I'll just go."

I started to head off but he grabbed my arm gently to stop me.

"Wait-Sammy, right?" He asked, letting go of my arm. I nodded. "What was it you were playing?"

"Just one of the songs from the movie. I found the songbook there and thought it would be fun to mess around a little before I went home, you know, to clear my head and all..."

Ricky walked over to the piano and picked up the book, flipping through it before placing it back and sitting down.

"I thought you hated this kinda stuff?" I asked.

"I'm learning to get used to it..." He explained.

"For Nini?"

"It makes me seem pathetic doesn't it..."

"No. I don't think it does. I think you need to try harder and not be so blatantly uninterested in learning about the theatre, but at least you're making some effort."

"Is this song going to be in the show?" Ricky asked, a slight nervousness in his tone.

"I guess so. It's the duet Troy and Gabriella sang before they got their callback audition so I don't see why it wouldn't be." I replied.

"Can you sing it with me?"

"I really should go..."

"Please? It is a duet after all..."

I gnawed at my lip and stared at him hesitantly, awkwardly playing with the strap of my backpack.

I groaned, giving in. "Fine but we do not speak of this ever." He gave me a satisfied nod with a small smile.

I sat down next to him and he started playing the same song.

"It's hard to believe, that I couldn't see, you were always there beside me..."

He stopped and raised his eyebrows, waiting expectantly for me to sing Gabriella's part.

I sighed, a small smile creeping its way onto my face as I sang. "Thought I was alone, with no one to hold, but you were always right beside me."

I joined him in playing the piano and we sung the chorus together.

"This feeling's like no other, I want you to know...I've never had someone that knows me like you do. The way you do!"

Ricky nudged my shoulder playfully and I let out a soft chuckle.

"And I've never had someone as good for me as you, no one like you. So lonely before I finally found..." We held the note, our hands brushing and smiling at each other. "What I've been looking for."

We finished the song and for some reason I couldn't stop looking into his brown eyes. He stared into mine and everything around us seemed to disappear. Time seemed to slow itself down just for a moment and I felt like I'd known Ricky my whole life.

Singing with him didn't make me feel nervous or like I was being judged. It felt natural and easy.

He let out a short chuckle, a boyish grin on his face before I realised what was actually happening. I cleared my throat and tore my eyes away from him.

"Um, I think I should go." I picked my bag up off the floor and slung it over my shoulder. "Bye Ricky."

Without another word I left the theatre and wasted no time in getting home. My mind was buzzing, circling as I tried to process the events of the last twenty minutes.

What was that?

✰✰✰

And so it begins :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 2.8K 30
No kissing? Then how are people supposed to believe it? HSMTMTS Season One / Original Character ยฉJJ 1/20/2020 - 8/25/2...
207K 9.6K 38
-crazy ex แต‰สฒ แถœแตƒหขสทแต‰หกหก "who's that?" ...
16K 350 19
I thought in this fake world full of fake smiles, fake friends, fake love... we had something real. Maybe not in the beginning but sometime in-betwee...
22K 433 23
~~A man comes on the speaker and says, "this is your captain speaking. we have run into a thunderstorm and its's not safe for us to be up in the air...