Concealment - Tiger's Eye Boo...

By ShellMarie35

In a world where history is nonexistent, Lily Carter goes on a quest to learn the truth. She asks dangerous q... More

Concealment
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Nightly Nightmares
Chapter 2 - Daily Dream Goes On
Chapter 3 - Blocked Address
Chapter 4 - Pair of Carters
Chapter 5 - Dream Goes On
Chapter 6 - Death Strikes One
Chapter 7 - The Dream, He's Living It. He's a Soul Mate
Chapter 8 - Loveable Joke
Chapter 10 - Partying
Chapter 11 - New World Bound
Chapter 12 - Family of Tigmas
Chapter 13 - The Human World
Chapter 14 - Who Is Rolla Carter?
Chapter 15 - Hundreds Of Worlds Like This
Cheat Guides to the Tiger's Eye Series
Chapter 16 - Getting Them Off Our Scent
Chapter 17 - Two Sets of Samoultes
Chapter 18 - Group of Secrets
Chapter 19 - First Tigma Spell
Chapter 20 - Murera History: Lesson 1
Chapter 21 - Moving In
Chapter 22 - In Memory of Seth
Chapter 23 - Time to Practice Some Magic
Chapter 24 - Friendship Fading
Chapter 25 - House Warming Catastrophe
Chapter 26 - Double Lives Begin
Chapter 27 - The History of The Tigmas
Chapter 28 - Sheriff's Journals
Chapter 29: The Secret Is Out
Chapter 30 - Topanga and Sam Return
Chapter 31 - We Are Your Family
Chapter 32 - Freedom Unites with Different Races
Chapter 33 - Training Session Number One
Chapter 34 - Samoulte Circle
Chapter 35 - Kalinda Appears
Chapter 36 - Understanding the Black Tiger
Chapter 37 - Other Races Appear
Chapter 38 - Merged Training Sessions Number One
Chapter 39 - The War is Here
Chapter 40 - Engagement Announcement
Chapter 41 - We Deserve to Live Freely
Chapter 42 - New Bond
Chapter 43 - Humans in Murera
Chapter 44 - Graduation Has Come
Chapter 45 - Rebels
Chapter 46 - Funeral Arrangements
Chapter 47 - Wedding Approaching
Chapter 48 - Wedding of the Ages
Chapter 49 - You Are My Family
Chapter 50 - Epilogue

Chapter 9 - Human-Like

20 4 0
By ShellMarie35

Chapter 9 - Human-Like

“Don’t touch me,” Carter peeled Mike’s hand off of his shoulder.

            It was the first time I saw the other Tigma powers in action. Mike’s the strongest guy I’ve ever known, but Carter made it clear he was stronger. Mike looked like he was in a lot of pain when Carter let go.

“It’s not your business if I’m dating him,” I told Mike.

“It’s everyone’s business,” Mike spat.

“And everyone else knows,” I snapped.

“You’re serious? They’ll kill you if you’re not.”

“They’ll kill you too if they find out what a flirt you are.”

“Lily don’t,” Brittany said.

“No I’m tired of this,” I told them. I didn’t know who it was more directed to.

“Tired of what?” she asked.

“Everything. The fact that I’m with Carter is nobody’s business and Mike, you don’t have a right to be. We were never going to be anything more. Ever! I want everyone to stop making a big deal out of it and let me have fun.”

“Lily-“ Mike started to say.

“Let’s go,” Carter interrupted, “I have to get home in a few hours.”

I sighed, “Yeah let’s go.”

“I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” Brittany said.

I smiled slightly, “Meet you on the sidewalk.”

            Carter put his arm around my shoulders and we finally paid for our food. We didn’t talk during the walk back to my house. I didn’t know what to say. It seems like everyone was right about Mike. How did I not see it?

“Because he’s human,” Carter finally said.

We were in the kitchen making our pizza fries. We put them in the oven and sat in the living room to talk.

“What do you mean he’s human?” I asked Carter, “How is that even possible?”

“It doesn’t make sense to me either,” Carter said, “But he is. I could feel it when he put his hand on my shoulder. He’s not a Tigma.”

“Maybe he got stuck here like you got stuck up there,” I suggested.

“That’s possible. I wish I was stuck down here instead of him.”

“What about your aunt and uncle?” I asked.

“They care, but they pretty much let me do what I want as long as I check in every couple days.”

“I’m glad you live up there you know?”

“I know,” he smiled.

            We sat down in the kitchen as we ate our fries and I walked him to the edge of town where the boundary was. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. His arms were around my waist as he hugged me back.

“I wish you didn’t have to go,” I mumbled.

“Me too, but you’re coming this weekend.”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I’m excited.”

“I hope it’s everything you’re expecting.”

“It will be.”

“My life can be dangerous Lily I want you to understand that.”

We pulled away from the hug and looked at each other, “I don’t care.”

“You need to.”

“If you can handle it then so can I.”

“I need to protect you.”

“Carter, how can I get hurt? Think about it, how?”

He stroked my hair, leaving his hand on my head, “You’ve got a point.”

“So what should I bring?” I asked him.

“Just necessities. My aunt and uncle will be happy to meet you.”

“Good.”

“I have to go. It’s hard enough to get through there as it is. I’ll meet you here on Friday at four.”

“Okay,” I smiled, “See you then.”

“Goodnight gorgeous.”

            He put his hands on both sides of my face and kissed me. It felt just like it did the first time. We were completely lost in time. He held me tighter making me smile and deepened the kiss a little more.

“Goodnight,” I smiled.

We let go and he went up to the balcony, disappearing before my eyes. I turned around and walked home. I snuck inside and went to my room without my mom noticing. I put on shorts and a t-shirt before taking off my wig and getting into bed. I laid there before falling asleep thinking about Carter. I wonder where he is and if he’s thinking of me too. I smiled at the thought of the entire day and slowly fell asleep.

“Lily Allen Carter!”

            I woke up to my mom yelling and I shot up from my bed. When I finally opened my eyes, mom was holding my wig. My hands went to my head and my eyes got really big when I realized why she was yelling.

“Lily Allen Carter! Would you like to explain this wig to me?!”

“Uh… well… mom, I just – “

“You were faking it?!”

“I really did plan on coloring it that day. I just couldn’t do it so Brittany and I bought a wig instead.”

“Everything’s a joke to you isn’t it? You just had to prove me wrong once again.”

“I just wanted to do something different,” I said.

“Not everything can be fun all the time Lily. I’m burning this wig. You can go back to being ordinary.”

“Mom that’s not what I meant.”

“Get ready for school,” she muttered before leaving my room.

            I stood up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I took a shower and got dressed. I put on more make up than usual and dressed a lot nicer hoping I wouldn’t get too many comments about my hair. I grabbed my bag and left my room. Mom was in the living room watching TV. I walked out the door without saying a word. Brittany was waiting for me on the sidewalk like always. She looked shocked at first and I just waited for her to speak.

“I was going to ask why you were late, but I think I know.”

“I forgot that I took my wig off last night and didn’t put it back on. Mom had it in her hands when I woke up.”

“Oh no. She didn’t give it back?”

I shook my head, “She even said she was going to burn it.”

“Wow,” Brittany said, “She must have been really mad.”

“She was. I don’t know how to fix this one. She thinks I’m so immature and just want to prove her wrong.”

“Do you?”

“It’s more than that. I can’t wait until tomorrow when I can go with Carter and just get out of here for a few days. I bet it’s so much more fun than here.”

Brittany smiled, “You’re actually going up there?”

I smiled back, “Yeah. He invited me up there to meet his aunt and uncle and so I can see what his world is like.”

“I’m so happy you found him.”

“I am too. I’m a little nervous though. Not to meet his aunt and uncle, but his friends. He’s already warned me about how dangerous they are.”

“He’s never going to let his friends do anything to you,” Brittany said, “He’s the one. The one never does.”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “You’re right.”

“What are you going to do first?” she asked.

“Everything. I want to go explore everything. He makes it seem like it’s the opposite of here. There’s more technology and more people and buildings and lights. I want to see everything.”

“Okay when you go you have to take a ton of pictures to show me. The government can’t take those away if they’re on your personal phone.”

“I will take pictures of everything and I will show you every single one of them!”

“Yes!”

            We had already walked into the school and went our separate ways to our lockers. I put my bag in my locker and grabbed my books. I closed my locker and started walking to class. I walked by Mike’s locker in the process and he stopped me.

“Lily I need to talk to you.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea Mike.”

“Let me at least apologize.”

I stopped, “Fine, but class starts in less than five minutes.”

“I shouldn’t have tried to start a fight with that guy. I didn’t realize it was serious. We’ve been friends forever and I had never heard of the guy.”

“I don’t tell you everything,” I snapped.

“You’re playing a dangerous game here Lily.”

“Then stop trying to pick a fight with me. I didn’t do anything wrong. I was just walking around town with my boyfriend and you got angry.”

“And I’m sorry. I know it’s against the rules.”

“Just stop. I love him. That’s it.”

“Love?”

            I could see him getting angry the second I said the word love. I don’t think I realized the strength of my words either.

“Yes I love him.”

He sighed, “Okay.”

“Okay?” I asked, “That’s it?”

“Yeah. I told you I just wanted to apologize. I don’t understand a lot of this, but I’m still your friend.”

“Thanks Mike.”

“But you know more than you’re telling Lily.”

“Mike, if I could give you an explanation I would. I just can’t.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

The school bell rang, interrupting our conversation.

“I have to go.”

“Lily – “

“Mike, don’t. I have to go.”

            I walked passed him and continued in to class. I sat next to Brittany who gave me a questioning look. The teacher began the lecture and split us up in pairs. Luckily I was with Brittany.

“What happened with you and Mike back there?”

“He wanted to apologize.”

“Good because for a second I thought you had changed your mind about Carter.”

“I’m never going to change my mind about Carter,” I smiled.

“You’ve fallen that hard?” she smiled.

“Can you blame me?”

“No. He does have every quality you’ve ever wanted in a guy. He’s adventurous and he can take you places. That’s what you’ve always talked about.”

I laughed a little, “I never thought I would have found it. He’s so amazing though.”

“He does seem perfect for you.”

“That’s the point right?”

“Always is,” she replied.

“We should probably work on the project now,” I changed the subject.

            We got back to our project before the teacher caught us talking. I tried to seem interested in my classes for the day until I could get to the library with Brittany. We snuck into the restricted section like we had gotten into the habit of doing and hid in the corner with a couple books.

“Brittany, I have to tell you something about Mike. It kind of explains… a lot.”

“What is it?”

“He’s not like us. We’re Tigmas. We have special powers and something Carter calls soul mates, but Mike’s just a human.”

“How is that possible?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know. Maybe he got stuck down here like Carter got stuck up there. I have no idea. Carter could tell he was human after they almost got into a fight. It explains so much about Mike. I mean, that’s why he’s always flirting with people. He doesn’t have a specific soul mate because he’s not a Tigma. He doesn’t take it seriously like the Tigmas do because he’s not one.”

“I can’t believe I didn’t make the connection before. You’re right.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 1
Nobody in the group knows how to feel after what just happened. All they know, is that they can't survive on their own.
5 0 4
As Unities' Journey continues she begins to forget everything about her past. She's able to move forward and distract herself from the memories that...
553 76 34
Lily has always thought that there was something different about herself. She knows she is human but has always wondered what it is that makes her di...
462K 10.9K 52
*Edited Lily was scorned by her Mate, after returning home to her family and the troubles she thought she left behind she discovers that more trouble...