The Hoax (Dramione Story)

By escapism-

Hermione Granger wants revenge on Ron. The perfect person for her plan is Draco Malfoy. All she has to do is... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
* Special Chapter *

t e n

250K 9.4K 12.2K
By escapism-

---

The whole day, Draco and Hermione stayed locked up inside their rooms, both skipping lunch. It was now six and dinner was in a few minutes. Hermione was cooped up in her bed because she was embarrassed to face her friends after what happened and she was very confused about Draco. Draco stayed in his room, thinking about Hermione the whole time non-stop. He was definitely going mad.

Ginny and Blaise both decided to take them out to dinner and try to clear things up. They talked a little bit about their friends and soon parted ways, knocking on their friend’s bedroom doors.

“Hermione, let’s go eat dinner.” Ginny said sweetly as she knocked on the door.

“Mate, I’m starving!” Blaise yelled as he knocked on the door.

Hermione and Draco opened their doors at the same time, scaring Blaise and Ginny.

“Let’s go.”

They all walked out of the portrait hole together and started to walk towards the Great Hall. Who would’ve thought two Slytherins and two Gryffindors would be walking side by side to eat dinner together? No one. Right when they stepped into the Great Hall, the room fell silent (although it wasn’t very loud to start with since mostly everyone was gone.) Some teachers looked surprised to see house unity and the thirty leftover students staying over looked just about ready to die of shock.

“Okay, yeah, let’s eat separately.” Ginny said as she shooed the guys to their own table. “We can’t look too friendly; I don’t want people to actually think we’re friends.”

“Likewise.” The boys said and sat down at their own table.

Hermione stared at Ginny and licked her dry lips. “Let’s not sit with them today. I really need to talk to you about something so let’s just sit here.” She said nervously as she pushed her friend down at the very last seat at the table, leaving a huge gap between them and their friends.

“Oh, I know, you do. I saw something when you lifted up his shirt. You two were blushing.” Ginny said with a small laugh as she stared at her friend, slowly piling her plate with food. “Go on, tell me what happened.”

---

“Mate, something really bad is happening.” Draco explained as he started to pile his plate with food. “This whole ‘plan’ is getting a bit out of control.” He stated with a sigh. He had chosen to sit at the very edge of the table, just like Hermione and Ginny.

“Talk to me.” Blaise said as he chewed on his chicken leg.

“We almost kissed . . .”

---

“But it was only because he fell on top of me!” Hermione exclaimed with big eyes.

---

“And she’s always so clumsy, so I always try to rescue her but this time I fell on top of her.”

---

“And then our eyes locked . . .” Hermione said with a dreamy sigh. “His eyes are just so mesmerizing and it’s like a magnet, it pulls you in and then you’re just lost forever.”

---

“Her eyes are incredibly hypnotizing, I mean, one look and you’re gone.” Draco explained with a sigh. “And then my heart started to beat really fast. It was weird.”

---

“And then my heart started to beat uncontrollably and I couldn’t stop blushing!” Hermione said with a sigh. “I haven’t blushed like that since I realized my feelings for Ron, no, I blushed more. How is that possible?”

---

“What do you think they’re talking about?” Ron asked Harry curiously as he stared at Hermione and his sister.

“Probably girl stuff. Last time they sat there, they were talking about yo—“ Harry stopped himself and cleared his throat. “Girl stuff that we wouldn’t understand.”

“Y, yeah . . .” Ron said as he shook his head. “Wait, they were talking about me when they sat over there for a week that one time?”

“Like I said, they were talking about girl stuff that we would never understand.”

“I wonder who they’re talking about now.” Ron muttered under his breath.

Harry looked over at Hermione and slowly looked over at Malfoy. ‘Is it possible that they might be talking about . . . him?’ He asked himself and slowly shook his head. ‘No, Hermione would never . . .’

---

“I think I’m looking over this too much. I mean, the plan is just as simple as it can get. Make her fall in love with me and then dump her after using her.” Malfoy explained. “But, she’s a big challenge, Zabini. I can’t seem to read her mind like I do with other girls. She doesn’t seem to have the slightest interest in me. I’ve used about every single Malfoy charm I have up my sleeve but nothing seems to be working. I’ve used the ‘let’s get to know each other better’ game on her and you know what she asked me?! What’s my favorite color? What’s my favorite flower!? Usually, girls would take that chance to ask if I liked them and then I would lie and say yes. Then we would shag and I’d leave her the next day! Granger asks stupid questions!”

---

“This was supposed to be an easy plan for me. Get him to fall in love with me, make Ron regret it, and then dump Malfoy. It was just that! But, he’s a lot more challenging than I thought. I mean, I can’t flirt, I know that, but . . .  I’m trying to talk to him and get closer that way but I can’t! It’s hard. I’m socially awkward, Ginny. All we do is just bicker at each other about who likes who and sometimes, I believe that I like him but I don’t! And then he asked me to play ‘let’s get to know each other better’ and we had a fun time but then after that . . . I don’t know. We have moments where we actually have a nice talk and it seems like he’s starting to at least consider me as a friend and then the next, one of us screws up and before you know it, we’re at each other’s throats!”

---

Ginny and Blaise both took in what their friends told them and couldn’t help but laugh at their ridiculous complaints.

Blaise wiped away a tear and shook his head as he stared at Draco. “Wow, I have to give Granger some credit! I never thought you would ever come to me and ask me for girl advice. You. Girl advice.” He said and laughed once more. “That’s hilarious! She’s not easy, I’m telling you. She’s a special one.”

Draco frowned and glared at his friend. “I’m not asking for help! I’m simply . . . ranting.”

“Right.” Blaise said and sighed. “Look, just . . .”

---

“Just be yourself. Don’t think about the plan, don’t think about how you should flirt, just don’t think about anything rationally. Just be yourself, say things you’d say to your usual friends. Treat him like a friend.” Ginny told her friend and smiled. “You know, if no one knew better, they’d think you were falling for Draco Malfoy.”

Hermione gasped as her eyes widened. “No, don’t be crazy. I’m just complaining about how difficult he is.” She said and felt herself blush. She covered her face with her hands. “I’m hopeless! I just want to grab my wand and hex him sometimes!”

“I never thought I’d see the day where you would ask me for help.” Ginny said with a grin.

“I feel like you’re enjoying my pain a little too much.”

---

“Right. Be myself because that’s so easy. If I act like myself, I’ll completely shut her out. I’ll be the cold, sick, dark bastard who doesn’t give a crap about this world—“

“Just be your damn self. Don’t wear a mask in front of her. I know you too well and I know you don’t like to open up easily. Hell, sometimes I still get confused by your actions. You wear this mask and whenever you’re around someone, you build this hard, cold wall around yourself. That wall makes it hard for anyone to approach you. You need to let your guard down and be honest with Granger. Tell her things, just talk to her. Don’t pull anymore Malfoy tricks and just be a normal boy who just wants to talk to a normal girl.”

“It’s not as easy as you say—“

“It’s not easy because you make it hard on yourself. All you need to do is remove your mask. She’ll fall for you easily because you aren’t that bad of a bloke. You’ve changed ever since the war, make her realize that.” Blaise finished. “Damn, I’m good at speaking to others.  I give pretty damn good advice.”

“If only you’d take your own advice.” Malfoy muttered but slightly smiled. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

---

Hermione nodded as she let out a deep sigh. “You’re right. I just need to go up to him and tell him that I want to be friends with him and that we should hang out sometimes.” She said with a big grin as she shook her head. “No.” Her big smile faltered, turning upside down into a frown. “I’ll be myself. I’m a shy, know-it-all bookworm who doesn’t know how to flirt so I live in the library, exiling myself from everyone in this world.” She rushed through her words and finally caught her breath at the end. “That’s me. I’m a boring person.”

“You’re wrong . . . well, half-wrong. Look, you may be the shy, know-it-all bookworm who doesn’t know how to flirt so you live in the library, exiling yourself from everyone in this world but there’s more to you. You’re gorgeous, generous, witty, intelligent, courageous, loyal, and hell! You’re freaking Hermione Granger! You practically saved the whole world!”

Hermione slightly grinned at her friend and nodded. “All right, I understand. You’re right.”

“Of course I am.” Ginny said with a cocky grin.

“Don’t push it, Gin.” Hermione said and continued to eat. “So . . . did Malfoy really blush when I lifted his shirt?”

“Oh, it was faint but he did. You two almost kissed, I mean come on! What is this? Your first kiss?”

“Second.” Hermione said gloomily.

“Wait, who was your first . . .?” Ginny asked and immediately shut her mouth. “Right . . . sorry, I almost forgot.” She said and cleared her throat. “Wow, that’s awkward.” She mumbled and quickly spoke up. “When you two kiss, tell me how it is! I want to know if the rumors are all true about Draco Malfoy being the Slytherin Sex god and all the good stuff.

“Who says we’re going to kiss?” Hermione raised an eyebrow at her friend.

“Me. Trust me, it’ll happen real soon.”

“Not on my watch.”

---

“Wait, so tell me exactly—who leaned in first?” Blaise asked after a while. “You said you two almost kissed because you fell on top of her, but who took the first step?”

“I did.”

“If you did it, I’m sure you’ll be doing it the next opportunity you get.” Blaise nodded and smirked. “Hmm, I wonder what it’ll be like to kiss Granger . . . I mean, come on. She’s a bookworm and a complete prude . . .”

“Shut up.”

“Well, tell me how it is after you do kiss her.” Blaise teased his friend with a wink.

“Just eat.” Draco growled at his friend as he shoved a big spoonful of mash potatoes into Blaise’s mouth.

“Yo-mmhhh-goring-tew-tank-me!” Blaise mumbled through his mash potatoes, trying to state his sentence.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” Draco asked with a smirk as he watched his friend glare at him.

---

Soon, after dinner, Hermione, Ginny, Draco, and Blaise started to walk back to their dorm when suddenly, they heard a yell. Ginny furrowed her eyebrows as she stopped walking, resulting Hermione to stop, too, while the boys continued to walk on. The boys stopped talking and realized they were walking alone and stopped, turning around.

“Wait, I think I heard my name.” Ginny said as she looked around the place until she spotted refreshing emerald eyes and messy jet black hair. “Harry?” She asked and saw a guy waving at her. She turned back to her roommates. “I’ll be taking my leave.” She said and started to run towards her boyfriend.

“Curfew is at eleven!” The trio yelled after her and sighed. Hermione slightly frowned since she ended up walking with the guys alone. They continued to walk forward until Blaise suddenly stopped.

“What is it now?” Draco asked with an irritated look as he turned around.

“What time is it?” Blaise asked with a shocked face.

Hermione checked her watch and looked back up. “It’s seven t—“

“I gotta go! And I know, curfew!” Blaise yelled and ran away from the couple.

“Ten.” Hermione finished and sighed. She couldn’t believe she was alone with Malfoy now. They awkwardly stared at each other and continued to walk onwards. But then, Hermione suddenly stopped.

Draco rolled his eyes and turned around. “What is it?!”

Hermione gestured him to shut up and furrowed her eyebrows as she listened. “I think someone’s calling my name . . .”She said and slowly turned around as she looked down the hall to see someone running towards her. “Who is that?” She asked Draco, trying to guess who it is.

Draco focused on the person running and furrowed his eyebrows. “Uh . . . Weasley—no, Brown. No, Weasley . . . oh, nope. It’s Brown.”

“Why is she calling my name?” Hermione muttered under her breath and crossed her arms across her chest as Lavender Brown stood in front of them. “What is it?”

“I was wondering if you knew where Won-Won ran off to.” Lavender asked after catching her breath.

“How should I know? I was with him.” She said as she pointed at Draco who glared at her.

“Oh, I thought he went this way.” She replied with a sigh and slightly glared at Hermione. “You know, he’s been complaining about you a lot these days. Every time he opens his mouth, it’s about you.”

“And you’re telling me this because?”

“I just really hope you stop messing with Won-Won’s head. Stop confusing him.”

“I’m not doing anything.”

“He thinks he likes you. He thinks he should think about you all the time. He thinks he should talk about you all the time. He thinks you like him, too!” Lavender exploded with anger with each phrase.

Hermione kept a straight face and stared at Lavender. “And what do you want me to do about it? Look, you’re the girlfriend; it’s your job to straighten him up.” Hermione said with a glare and turned back around to walk off when she suddenly smirked, turning back around. “Oh, and by the way. He wouldn’t be so confused about who he likes if he actually liked you a lot. I guess it’s your fault for not being able to show him that. I wish you luck.” She said with a small grin as she walked off.

Draco took that as a cue to leave, walking beside Hermione. He couldn’t believe how scary Granger could get. “Wow, I didn’t expect you to act like that . . .”

“Well, what did you want me to say? ‘Oh, I’m sorry for leading Ron on; I’ll stop even though I’m not doing anything with him.’ Ron’s her boyfriend not mine, she should blame herself instead of blaming me.”

“Ooh, I smell some hostility—no, is it jealousy?”  

“Jealous!?” Hermione yelled as she stopped walking, glaring up at him. “And who says I’m jealous? Jealous of who exactly?”

“Oh, so you are jealous. Your reaction says it all.” Draco said as he brushed it off, continuing to walk.

Hermione grabbed his arm and pulled him back. “Why do you think I’m jealous? Jealous of whom?”

“I just thought you were jealous of Lavender Brown since she’s dating Weasley.”

Hermione felt a small tug on her heart but ignored it. “Oh . . .” She said as she chewed the inside of her cheek. “Well, I’m not. I’m just . . . annoyed.” She said and continued to walk after a moment.

“Annoyed about what?” Draco asked as he walked beside her.

“I’m annoyed about Lavender complaining about Ron and blaming me for it, annoyed about Ron getting confused and making Lavender mad, and annoyed . . . annoyed about you! Why are you asking me this?!”

“I was just curious.”

“Well, stop being curious!” Hermione yelled as she breathed heavily. She caught her breath and calmed down. “I’m sorry. I was just—“

“Having a mental breakdown?” Malfoy suggested for her as he looked down at her.

“No, I was going to say, I was just mad.” She said as she lowered her gaze on him.

“Are you still mad?” Draco asked as he stopped walking, looking at her.

“Yes, because of you.” Hermione said as she took a step forward but ended up getting pulled back by Draco.

“Then, let’s go somewhere.”

“With you?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes, come on. I know a perfect place for you to clear your head.” Draco said as he pulled her towards the opposite staircase.

---

“Where are you taking me?”

“I don’t want to tell you.” Malfoy said with a shrug as he kept his hand over her eyes.  

“How do I know you’re not taking me to a slaughter house right now? You’re covering my eyes, no one knows where we are except you, and it’s now night time. Can’t blame a girl for being suspicious, right?” Hermione snapped at Malfoy.

“You’re a girl?” Draco asked acting surprised.

Hermione groaned and whacked her hand in the air, hoping to hit Malfoy but hit herself instead. “Ow!” She said as she rubbed her cheek. “But really, you’re taking me to a cliff so you can push me off, aren’t you? Trying to, uh, put me out of my misery or something?” She asked.

Draco shook his head in disapproval. “You think way too much. I go to bed in fear every night that your brain will explode any minute from thinking too much! Just shut up.”

“Ha-ha-ha.” Hermione said in a sarcastic, monotone voice. “I go to bed in fear every night that your head will explode with that huge ego of yours!”

“Hey, don’t get jealous.” Draco said and she swore she could hear a smirk in his voice.

“Argh! Just tell me where the hell you’re taking me!”

“We’re almost there.” Draco said and they took three long strides (at least he did) and then he uncovered her eyes. “We have arrived.”

Hermione slowly opened her eyelids and blinked a few times before getting adjusted to the scenery. She kept her eyes on Draco with a glare and smacked him on the arm. “That’s for the snide comment and for making me climb up all those stairs!” She yelled angrily and looked around. “Wait, you made me climb all those stairs just to get here? The Astronomy Tower?”

“I thought it might help. You do need the exercise.” Hermione immediately glared at him.

“Just joking. I thought it might help to clear your head. I used to come up here all the time during my sixth year . . . it helped me clear my head and . . . the sunset and sunrise are both pretty extraordinary.”

“Oh, well . . . that’s very kind of you.” Hermione said after a while.

“You welcome.” Draco said as he sat down on one of the window sills. He tapped the empty space beside him and looked at her.

Hermione rolled her eyes, hiding a small grin and walked over, sitting down beside him. “Okay, now that I’m here . . . how would you like to spend our time here?”

“Let’s just . . . simply talk.”

“Talking sounds nice.” Hermione quietly and slightly grinned.

---

I’m so glad you all like the story or at least I think you like the story xD I really appreciate every single view/vote/and review & I promise that I’ll keep updating as quickly as I can. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, although it’s a bit boring. In about three-four chapters, you will get some Dramione action! Ah, finally. Haha  (: Thank you all for being patient and supportive. I love you all <3 Please drop review below, thank you.

-Annie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 41.2K 33
*COMPLETE* CRAZY and COMPLICATED. That's what Hermione's life becomes when, after a heated argument with the Slytherins, Ron impulsively bets away H...
432K 10.8K 27
"If she went, that was it. Everyone would know." Promiscuous, irreverent, but quick witted; Draco Malfoy seems to glide through life unbothered, yet...
4.3K 68 32
-A TRAGIC DRAMIONE STORY- Draco Malfoy got blackmailed to capture Hermione Granger after the death of his former wife. Will he do it? MOST IMPRESSIVE...
2.3M 71.3K 39
The war hero, Hermione Granger, breaks up with her long term boyfriend, Ron Weasley after learning that he cheated on her after a long night of drink...