The Hoax (Dramione Story)

By escapism-

Hermione Granger wants revenge on Ron. The perfect person for her plan is Draco Malfoy. All she has to do is... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
* Special Chapter *

s e v e n

276K 9.2K 17.4K
By escapism-

---

Hermione looked down at her friends from the stands and nervously chewed on her bottom lip. She was, unfortunately, sitting beside Lavender but she did not have time to think of a way to hex her. She kept her hands tightly clasped together as she nervously waited for the game to start. “Lavender . . . do you think we’ll win?” She asked as she looked over at the blonde.

“Of course! Since Won-Won’s on the team, we’ll win.” Lavender said matter-of-factly with a sneer. “Why are you suddenly talking to me? You never talk to me.”

Hermione nodded in agreement, completely ignoring Lavender’s question. “Yeah, we’ll win.” She said to herself and her eyes widened as the game started. She kept her eyes glued on the game intently as she clenched her jaw.

Hermione let out a sigh as she raked her fingers through her hair. Gryffindor and Slytherin were tied. She had to admit, Draco Malfoy was indeed a good captain. He was a bloody fast seeker as well. If Harry just got a hold of the snitch, the game will be over. If only-- She suddenly heard the audience gasp and she immediately broke away from her train of thoughts. She had been too busy thinking that she hadn’t been paying attention to the game. She looked down and saw someone falling off their broom and violently hitting the hard floor. She swore she could hear cracks from all the way up where she was. “What happened?” She asked Lavender with wide eyes.

“Draco Malfoy got him by one of the bludgers.” Lavender told Hermione with a small smirk.

Hermione’s eyes suddenly widened as she gasped. Before she could even stop herself, she stood up from her seat. Her jaw dropped open as she saw how painfully twisted Malfoy’s body looked. She suddenly felt several people in her house stare at her. “What?” She asked as she stared at Lavender who was staring at her with wide eyes.

“Draco Malfoy is from the other house, an arch enemy at that. Even the Slytherins, themselves, are looking at you.” Lavender said with her brows furrowed.

“He’s hurt for goodness sakes! I’m only human. I can’t stop myself from wanting to help someone who’s injured.” She stated and sighed as she quickly ran down the bleachers. She furrowed her eyebrows as she saw Draco get lifted off the ground by a professor with a wand pointed at him.

“Gryffindor wins!” She heard the announcer yell out; hearing boos and claps from all around the stadium.

Hermione forced herself to keep her feet firmly placed on the ground. She knew she should celebrate, her house won! But someone got hurt; badly. She couldn’t bring herself to be filled with joy and clap like an insane lunatic for her friends. She walked over to her friends and slightly grinned. “Congratulations, guys.”

“Thanks.” Ron said and immediately got pulled away to get kissed by Lavender.

“What exactly happened to Malfoy?” Hermione asked Ginny and Harry.

“His own teammate threw a bludger at him. Can you believe that? I guess that stupid snake didn’t like how Malfoy was playing fair and totally threw that bludger at him, full force.” Ginny said with a disgusted look. “He’s not going to be welcome to the Slytherins common room anymore. Not after what he did to Draco Malfoy, the Quidditch captain.”

“That’s absolutely preposterous and—and what an obnoxious prick . . .” Hermione said angrily and bit her tongue for saying it out loud. “I mean, Malfoy is horrible but he doesn’t even deserve to be in that much pain. Did you see his body? He looked . . .” She shook her head, loss at words.

“Dislocated . . .” Harry finished for his friend and sighed. “I don’t feel too happy about winning. Not after what happened to him, even if it was Draco Malfoy.” He said with a sigh.

“Yeah . . .” Hermione said with a sigh. “Congratulations, again, though. It was a good game. I’m glad you guys are all okay.” She said and slightly cracked a grin, trying to conceal her disappointment in Malfoy’s injury.

“Well, we’re going to go take a shower and we’ll meet you later at the after party?” Harry asked as he took the hint that Hermione was worried and not in the mood to talk to them.

“Sure.” Hermione said and walked off as her friends walked off the other way to the lockers rooms.

---

Hermione checked her watch and sighed. She couldn’t let the Slytherins catch her waiting to go into the infirmary to check up on Draco Malfoy. She hid behind a column as she watched the other professors walk out of the hospital wing. She quietly slid over to the door and rapidly walked in. She let her eyes roam around the place until she spotted a striking platinum blonde haired boy on one of the hospital beds.

She walked over and slightly opened the curtain. She slightly gasped at what she saw. She saw bandages all around his stomach and it seemed like he had broken a few bones here and there. She got startled once she saw Draco Malfoy suddenly groan as he started to move.

Draco’s movements soon died down and finally came to a stop. “Hmm . . .” He groaned as he slightly opened his eyes.

Hermione gasped quietly as her eyes grew wide. She couldn’t be seen here? She hated him, right? What was she thinking, risking her life to be here with an enemy instead of celebrating for her house’s victory? She quickly turned around as she tried to go when she suddenly felt someone tug on her arm, stopping her. She froze and slowly turned around as she saw Draco looking at her. “How are you feeling?” Hermione asked as she raised an eyebrow. She cringed as she thought about how he had bones popping out where they shouldn’t have a few minutes ago. She felt sick to the stomach and frowned. “This is why I don’t like Quidditch. It’s way too violent.” She commented under her breath.

Draco slightly laughed but immediately regretted it as he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. “Ow.” He coughed and stared at Hermione. “I . . . feel like shit. I lost the game and my broomstick.” He said in a hoarse voice.

“You care about the game and your broomstick?  When you’re in a state like this?” Hermione asked with wide eyes as she shook her head. “Guys are just so damn prideful.” She said with disbelief. “Draco, you could’ve died. You should feel great right now.” She said, still worried. “You can replace a broomstick and make a comeback and win another Quidditch game. You don’t have a second chance at another life, though.” She ranted on.

“Did you just call me by my first name?” Draco asked with a smirk as he raised an eyebrow at her.

“What?! I did not call you by your first name!” She yelled in protest but realized she wasn’t going to get away with it. “Well, that is your name, isn’t it?” Hermione asked as she felt her cheeks flush.

“And you’re worrying about me?” He asked with a smirk now as he stared at her.

Hermione frowned and rolled her chocolate brown eyes. “I’m only here because you have my wand and I wanted it back.” She quickly said and cursed under her breath for such a lame excuse. “I’m not here because I bloody care about you, if that’s what you think.” She muttered under her breath with a small frown.

“It’s okay . . .  I’ll keep it a secret that you worried about me today.” He said throwing Hermione’s words right back at her.

Hermione slightly glared at him as she recalled what she said to him back in the corridor after Astronomy. “Right.”

“Well, this was a nice chat but I’m going to leave.” Draco said as he got up but immediately groaned as he placed his arm around his waist.

“You should really just stay put and recover as soon as possible.” Hermione said softly with concern as she immediately leaned down, helping him get comfortable.

“I thought you didn’t worry about me.” Draco stated with a smirk.

Hermione frowned and pushed him back down with a groan. “Shut up.”

“Granger, just tell me the truth.”

“What truth?” Hermione asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“You like me don’t you? You worried about me and now you’re here and you feel better that I’m okay. You even called me by my first name.” Draco listed the facts as he put on a complacent grin.

“Look, I told you already! I’m only here---“

“—because I have your wand and you want it back.” Draco finished for her and shook his head. “You’ll need a better excuse.”

“It’s not an excuse!”

“Sure, Granger.”

Hermione glared at him and shook her head. “Where’s my wand?”

“Your wand?” Draco asked and looked around the room. “I don’t recall having your wand.”

“You transfigured a stick into my wand. I want my real one.” Hermione said sternly as she stared at him.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Draco said as he brushed her off.

“Don’t be a prick and tell me.”

“I honestly don’t know.”

“Malfoy!”

“Granger!” Draco mocked Hermione with a smug grin. “I’ll give you your wand after I’m fully healed.”

“When is that?”

“Hmm, well I broke a few ribs and a few bones . . . I believe Madam Pomfrey healed all my broken bones, so I guess in about two weeks. I still have a huge bruise on my stomach.” He told her and sighed.

“Did your teammate really throw the bludger at you?” Hermione asked quietly.

“I believe so.” Draco said rather dryly as he immediately frowned.

“Why?”

“Weren’t you watching the game?” Draco questioned her.

“I was thinking and I didn’t focus on the game.” Hermione defended herself.

“I called time-out and yelled at him to stop breaking the rules and what do you know? Bastard decides to turn rebellious and hit the Quidditch captain out of anger and complete stupidity.” Draco said bitterly and sighed once more.

“Are you going to kick him off the team?” Hermione asked.

“Why do you want to know everything?” Draco asked her.

“I’m just curious.”

“Will you shut up and leave me alone if I tell you?” Draco asked and watched as Hermione eagerly nodded. “No, I will not be kicking him off the team. If he’s still on the team, I can abuse him. I’ll make him run around the Quidditch field until practice is over and all sorts of things.” He said as he smirked.

Hermione sighed and shook her head. “Well, I’d really like my wand back so I hope you’ll heal quickly.” She said and started to walk off when she suddenly heard footsteps. She turned back around to Draco and stood frozen.

Madam Pomfrey came in and slightly gasped as she saw Hermione. “Oh, dear, Miss Granger, when did you come in?”

“Not too long ago, Madam Pomfrey.” She answer quietly and slightly chuckled nervously. “I’ll leave you alone under his care.” She said as she tried to slip out.

Madam Pomfrey quickly stopped Hermione with a small grin. “Miss Granger, I was hoping if you could help me with something.”

“What do you need help with?” Hermione asked as she bent her eyebrows.

“Well, I was hoping you could take care of Mr. Malfoy for me. I have a lot of injured students right now and I could use an extra hand. And for Mr. Malfoy’s case, all he needs is some assistance and someone who’ll give him these medicines.” She said as she showed Hermione three vials of potion. She stared at Hermione with a hopeful grin.

Hermione was never one to defy a professor’s request. She sighed and sewed a grin onto her face. “I’d love to help out.” She said and pressed her lips into a thin line.

“Thank you so much, dear! I’ll have the headmistress know that you will be helping Mr. Malfoy. Will you be staying here for the winter holidays?”

“Yes.” Hermione answered weakly.

“Then, it’s perfect! Could you take care of Mr. Malfoy during the winter holidays? He’ll get better in two weeks. You just need to be with him at all times and give him the vial of medicine daily after dinner.”

“You can count on me.” Hermione replied meekly and received the vials.

“Thank you, my dear.” Madam Pomfrey said cheerfully. “With those three vials, you will be set for three days but if you need more, just come in here and ask me.”

“Alright.” Hermione answered with a grin.

“It’ll be best if you stayed in here with him just for tonight at least and then you can take him back to the dorm. I’ll talk to the headmistress about the dorms because it’ll be much easier if you were in the same dorm as him.” She said and walked off with a grin.

Hermione sighed and looked over at Draco who had smug grin on his face. “Wipe that cocky grin off your face.”

“Shouldn’t you be going home with Pothead, Weasel King, and She Weasel?” Hermione sneered at his nicknames as she shook her head. Draco waited for his answer as he smirked at her.

“Drop the nicknames.” Hermione rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“I have a feeling this winter holidays will be . . . interesting. You’ll be spending majority of the winter holidays with me since it’s for three weeks. Two weeks with me and one week by yourself. I think it sounds fair.” He said and smirked.

“I can’t believe I agreed to take care of you for two weeks.”

“Why did you agree?”

“I, I ca—“

“Ah! I forgot you liked me.” Draco cut her off with taunting chuckle. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep it a secret.”

Hermione rolled her eyes and set the three vials down on the counter and sighed. “I’m going to go, but I’ll be back.” She told him as she walked off, leaving Draco by himself.

---

“You’re what?!” Ron and Harry yelled in unison as they stared at Hermione in shock. They yelled a bit too loud because everyone at the party stopped and immediately grew quiet as all eyes fell on the four people in the middle.

Harry and Ron realized they said it too loud and looked back at the people. “Carry on! There’s nothing interesting about our conversation!” Harry told them with a hearty laugh and soon everyone was back to celebrating. They both stared at Hermione after a while.

“I’ll be taking care of Malfoy for two weeks so I won’t be able to be with you guys during break.” She told them with a nervous chuckle.

“Why are you doing it? Why can’t someone like Parkinson do it? Why you?” Ron asked her as he exploded with each question.

“I was with Malfoy in the infirmary—not because I was worried but because he had my wand—and Madam Pomfrey saw me and asked me to do this. You know how I can’t refuse to a professor.” Hermione said weakly.

“Well, will you be sharing a dorm with him?” Ginny asked as she wiggled her eyebrows at her friend.

“I don’t know and I hope not, but I believe there’s a slight chance that may happen.” She answered.

“Well, he’s injured so I’m sure he won’t do anything to do you.” Harry finally spoke up with a sigh.

“If you guys are worried Malfoy will do something with me—stop. I can take care of myself, thank you very much. I punched him in the nose in third year; I think I can handle him.” She said as she scoffed.

“If he’s giving you a hard time, just tell us right away. Harry and I will beat him up for you.” Ron told her with a sigh.

“Okay.” She told them.

“Does that mean you’ll have to help him get dressed and . . . perhaps shower?” Ginny asked her friend in a whisper so the boys wouldn’t hear as she stared at her.

Hermione rolled her eyes and smacked her friend in the arm. “What are you thinking about? Of course not!” She yelled at her friend.

Ginny simply laughed and shrugged her shoulders. “I’m just wondering. But if that ever does happen, tell me about it. Details, too.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Will you have to go now to start your duty?”

“Yes, unfortunately. I’m just going to take my homework over there and study while he rests. I’ll have to stay in the infirmary with him for at least tonight. Hopefully, Madam Pomfrey works something out for us.”

“Well, if you want my wand for protection—“ Ron started as he reached into his pocket.

“Ronald, honestly. I can take care of myself and besides, he’s injured. He won’t do anything.” Hermione said as she placed her hand on his hand, stopping him. “Relax.”

“Okay . . .” Ron said as he slowly calmed down.

Hermione removed her hand from his and awkwardly smiled at him. “Well, goodnight guys.” She said as she walked off.

“What were you talking about with Hermione?” Harry asked curiously at his girlfriend once he made sure Hermione was long gone.

“Nothing.” Ginny quickly said and smiled at him. “Let’s dance.” She changed the topic and took Harry into a big crowd as they started to dance.

Ron still looked at the door where Hermione left through. He sighed and turned around to see Lavender there. “Lav-Lav.”

“I heard you four talking.” She said with a frown as she crossed her arms across her chest. “Why are you so protective of her? You aren’t her boyfriend.”

“I’m her friend—“

“You haven’t been her friend ever since you started dating me. Why are you acting so over protective towards her? If someone didn’t know any better, they would think you’re jealous.” She stated angrily.

“Do you think I’m jealous of Malfoy?” Ron asked with a scoff.

“Yes!” Lavender yelled. “Do you like her?”

“What?”

“Do you like Hermione?”

Ron stared at her as he thought about it. Did he like her? He quickly brushed it off and said, “Of course, not. I like you and only you.”

“You shouldn’t have hesitated when answering that.” Lavender stated with a groan. “Have a nice party, Ron.” She said as she walked past him, clearly annoyed by him. She had actually used his real name, not a petty nickname. She was mad.

Ron sighed and threw his hands up in the air as he let them drop. “Lavender, you can’t seriously be mad at me.” He said as he ran after her.

---

“How are you feeling?” Blaise asked his friend.

“Never been better.” Malfoy announced with a frown. “Why did you bring her here?” He asked his friend.

“She followed me.”

“Draky, are you feeling alright?” Pansy asked in a shrill scream as she whined about his injuries. “Who was it? Who hit you?”

“Pansy, give him some space.” Blaise said as he slightly pushed Pansy away from Draco.

“Do you want me to take care of you?” Pansy asked as she smiled at Draco.

“Actually, I already have a helper.” He stated with a smirk.

“Who?” Blaise and Pansy asked in unison. Blaise furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head and looked at Pansy. “Pansy, do not do that again. That was creepy.” He stated as he shuddered.

Pansy rolled her eyes as she flipped her off her shoulder.

“My helper is—“ Draco suddenly saw Granger walking in with her backpack. “—there she is, Granger.”

Pansy immediately glared at Granger as she felt fire rise in her. “Why is this mudblood taking care of you?” She asked.

Hermione scoffed and shook her head. “He’d rather have a filthy mudblood take care of him than you. That’s obviously saying something.” She said as she stared at Pansy with a grin.

Blaise choked back a laugh as he covered it up with a cough but secretly laughing. Pansy shot Blaise a glare and stared at Hermione. “Excuse me?” She asked Hermione with daggers.

Hermione sighed and dropped her things on Draco’s bed. “Do I have to repeat myself?”

Pansy ignored Hermione’s statement and stared at Draco, scoffing. “Why don’t I just supervise you and let this nerd go back to her library?”

“See it’s funny, I actually trust her more than I trust you.” Draco said with a smirk and sighed. “Go.”

“What?” Pansy asked as she shot a glare at Hermione. “You trust her more than me?”

“I thought we already established that.” Draco said and groaned. “Look, you’re already giving me a headache. Leave.”

Pansy dropped her arms to her side and scoffed. “Are you serious?”

“Pansy, how many times do I have to tell you?” Draco asked and suddenly realized an important fact. “I want to be here alone with my girlfriend than be with you.”

“Girlfriend?” Hermione and Pansy asked him unison.

Pansy scowled and glared at Hermione. “Don’t do that again. Ew.” She shuddered and stared at Blaise with an I-understand-what-you-meant-by-that look.

Hermione looked at Draco and sighed as she rolled her eyes. She looked back at Pansy and scowled. “Yes, because I’m his girlfriend.” She said in a monotone voice.

“Please, don’t try to lie to me.” Pansy said with a cackle.

“No, seriously, she’s his girlfriend.” Blaise chipped in with a serious face.

“Don’t lie to me.”

“We aren’t lying. Why would we be lying about something like that?” Draco asked.

“Because you want to get rid of me!” Pansy yelled furiously.

“Oh, so you do know that Malfoy doesn’t want you to be around him. See, you actually do have a brain.” Hermione commented with a gasp.

“I’m going to ignore that.” She said and sighed. “If you guys are dating, why are you guys calling each other by your last names?” Pansy asked as she placed a hand on her hip.

“I’m sorry, did I say Malfoy?” Hermione asked with a surprised look. “I meant . . .” She stopped and clenched her jaw. “I meant Draco.” She said through her teeth and sighed. “I guess old habits die hard?”

Draco slightly smirked once he heard his name flow out of her mouth a second time. He liked the how she said it. She said it as if she had been calling him by his first name forever, it sounded perfect for her voice.

Pansy sneered and glared at Hermione. “I don’t think so.”

Hermione sighed and rolled her bright, chocolate brown eyes. She looked over at Draco as she raised an eyebrow, putting one hand on her hip. “I’m going to leave since you have company.” She said after a while and started to walk off when Pansy suddenly tripped her. She fell down to her knees and bit back a scream as she groaned quietly.

Pansy smirked and looked over at a shocked Blaise and Draco. “You know how you said I should practice my spells and all?” She asked with a small laugh. “I don’t need a wand to fight my battles.” She told him and smirked as she checked her nails. “Well, I guess I’ll leave you alone with your, girlfriend.” She said with a scoff as she walked off with a small laugh.

Hermione got up after a while with a death glare. “Well, Draco, honey, you should really go to sleep now.” She said with sarcasm dripping from her voice. “You annoying prick.” She mumbled under her breath as she dusted herself off. She felt Zabini’s eyes on her and immediately glared at him. “May I help you? Or, wait, would you like to trip me, too?” She asked him with a small grin.

Zabini shook his head and cleared his throat. He looked over at Draco with a wow-she’s-scary look. “Well, get better soon. I’ll leave you two together now.” He said as he slowly started to walk off, eager to go away.

“Oh, and Zabini.” Hermione called after him and turned around. “Have you been talking to Ginny?” She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“She-Weasel?” Blaise asked as he raised an eyebrow and slightly sighed. “She came up and talked to me . . . once or twice.”

“Oh.” Hermione said and stared at him. “I mean, I just saw you two talking during Astronomy last time and I was wondering . . .” She said as she played dumb.

“Oh, well, it was nothing really.” Blaise said as he hid a smile. He knew she was just checking up on their progression. He slightly scoffed to himself and shook his head. “Well, I’ll leave you two alone.” He said and walked off.

Hermione sighed and shoved her hands into the back pockets of her jeans. She looked at Draco for a long time and sighed as she shook her head, mumbling softly to herself.

“What are you mumbling to yourself about?” Draco asked as he observed her every move.

“I’m just wondering why I have such bad luck and how I have to play nurse with you.” She said as she grabbed her backpack off of his bed. She took a seat next to his bed and set her book bag down on the floor next to her. “Sleep.” She ordered and immediately took out a book out of her bag.

Draco scowled and stared at Hermione. “Really?”

“What?” Hermione asked as she started to read, looking down at her book.

“You’re just going to read?”

“What else do you suggest I do?” Hermione asked as she looked up at him with an annoyed look.

Draco smirked and grabbed the book out of Hermione’s lap. Although it took a lot of effort, he managed to toss it down on the floor next to him. “Play a game with me.”

Hermione rolled her brown chocolate orbs and scoffed. “What are we? Eleven?”

“Let’s play ‘let’s get to know each other better’.” Draco suggested, ignoring her statement.

“You just made that game up.” Hermione stated matter-of-factly.

“The more of a reason to play it, then.” He said and slightly smirked. “Okay, should I tell you the rules or what? The title is pretty self explanatory.”

Hermione sneered and finally gave up with a sigh. “Okay, fine. Let’s play the game.”

“Okay, I’ll start and you can only ask one question.”

“Okay.” Hermione said coolly as she leaned back in her chair.

“Do you like me?” Draco asked with a complacent grin. “I mean, then why were you so worried about me?”

---

Hello :) Please leave a review below and/or vote :) It always makes me happy to see one. xD haha #dramioneaction coming soon - like next chapter! whoohoo!! I'm actually going to be going on a upload bulk so there are many chapters coming your way right now. :)

-Annie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 68 32
-A TRAGIC DRAMIONE STORY- Draco Malfoy got blackmailed to capture Hermione Granger after the death of his former wife. Will he do it? MOST IMPRESSIVE...
120K 5K 22
Draco Malfoy is a womaniser. He never cares for the girls that he messes around - doesn't blink an eye when they confess their love for him, never fl...
119K 2.4K 69
Draco Malfoy's history of poor decision-making continues after the war, when he returns to Hogwarts under strict probation. Bored and restless, he de...
18.1K 320 13
Please leave a comment and vote to let me know what you think of the story! <3 _________________________________________ Hermione and her friends re...