sapphire symphonies

De harryinlove

A Larry Stylinson Alternative Universe (AU) in which Harry Styles is a worn-out world-famous Alpha rockstar t... Mais

pre-lude
two.
three.
four.
five.

one.

979 49 14
De harryinlove

Track : Good Mourning — Halsey

This isn't how Prince Louis thought his day was gonna go.

When he woke up this morning, he was expecting his personal butler to be opening up his room's drapes, to be delivering his breakfast tea in bed (the usual, of course: his favorite earl gray tea, with two sugar cubes and just a dash of milk) and his younger siblings to be jumping on his bed, urging their older brother to wake up. He would smile and tickle the little children until they beg him to stop, leaving his room in hushed giggles and happy smiles on their faces. Prince Louis was expecting a normal morning in his home.

But that morning took an awfully different turn.

He didn't wake up to breakfast in bed nor his unbelievably hyper baby siblings jumping on his mattress, but rather a loud, familiar voice that drew open his curtains and sent the morning light rays abruptly blinding his eyes.

"Good morrow, baby cousin!" A strong voice heavily laced with an Irish accent yelled. Louis blinked a few times with a light groan to get used to the sudden brightness hitting his pupils. His cousin, Niall Horan, the prince of Ireland, had barged in his room with no warning whatsoever as he let the unforgiving light shine through every aspect of Louis' bedroom.

"I'm about to get married and be crowned the King of Ireland in a month and we're going to spend today celebrating the last few days of my freedom!"

"Good morning to you, too, Niall," Louis spoke in his delicate-sounding morning voice. "I'm happy for you, dear cousin, I really am, but could you turn your voice down a bit? I'm afraid you'll wake up Maddie and Dorothy with its strong volume."

"We're already awake, Lou!" The twins came in hand in hand, huge smiles on their faces. They scrambled to their favorite cousin, hugging Niall's legs, "Nialler came in our room first and gave us chocolate!"

"Niall, you know how these two get when they eat chocolate before any meal of the day. They get incredibly energetic and it sends Mother in a turmoil," Louis shook his head disapprovingly. Niall winked at the two children who were hugging his legs tightly, giggling, "Come on, no need to pretend, Lou. It's funny seeing your mother that way."

Dorothy and Maddie both giggled even louder, thinking of their mother in a familiar state of frenzy. Louis only huffed and shook his head once more before getting up from his large, comfy bed. Niall let out a low whistle at Louis' night attire, "Damn, baby cousin, I didn't know you had a body like this."

"I've always preferred not to show it off," Louis flushed a light pink color, quickly throwing on his lavender dressing gown, covering the matching set of a yellow camisole and short lounging shorts that he was originally wearing. He pulled the material closer to his body, clicking his tongue, "That would not deem to be very appropriate and father doesn't want me showing off too much of my skin to the public since it puts me in a bad light. You know that, Niall."

"Well, Daddy is a bore," Another voice became audible. The four people in the room turned towards the door and saw Louis' eldest sister, Merlot, Princess of Wales and soon to be Queen of England, resting against the Prince's door frame with her arms crossed over her chest. It become very apparent to the entire Tomlinson family that Merlot was the more dominant of the two at the age of five — immediately securing the position to be England's future leader, by the request of their grandfather who was a great king. Added on to that, the woman proudly presented as an Alpha soon enough. Louis couldn't think of anybody else who deserved it more than his dear sister does.

Merlot was the person Louis has looked up to for the longest time. Her grit, compassion and strength have inspired Louis to become a strong individual as well, amidst being looked at as a frail Omega Prince with no exact primal duty but to marry other royalty or aristocratic descents.

Another thing the poor boy struggled with.

Oh, well. He thought. He'd deal with it when the time was right.

"Good morning, Merlot," Louis smiled warmly. The eldest only smiled back, inching his way closer to the bunch before engulfing her brother in a warm embrace, "Good morning to you, too, Juliet."

"Morning, Mer!" Maddie and Dorothy smiled up at their sister, causing the woman to smile back and kiss their foreheads lovingly, "Good morning, my precious ones."

"Good morning, your Majesty. Could I help you with a cup of tea?" Niall pretended to be posh, doing a dainty and prim curtsy. The queen-to-be only laughed, gently punching Niall in the arm before the two did their exclusive handshake, "Whatever, you menace. When did you arrive?"

For the longest time, it's always been the three of them who were the closest in the family — maybe it was because of their close age gaps and how well they seemed to relate with one another and balanced each other's personalities out. Niall was the extroverted, funny and sociable Omega Prince of Mullingar, always making sure people around him were having a blast with his colorful and vibrant spirit. Merlot was the eldest of the children of the House of Tomlinson, the Royal Family of England, who reeked dominance and power as an Alpha, but that didn't falter her ability to socialize incredibly well, too. She got along well with people and knew when to be silly and serious when the settings demanded such.

It seemed that somebody had to get the other end of the clan's social stick, and that person was Louis. The boy was the shy and cautiously poised one off the bunch — always sitting straight with knees touching and his hands resting on his lap. He can speak fluent French and Italian and spoke very eloquently about matters around the world that mattered, from poverty to economic recession, and carrying out his charity work. He was really the Angel, the beautiful flower, of the bunch, and it wasn't hard to see why. He was genuine, intelligent and overall raised to become the perfect partner who was immensely beautiful, gentle and subservient as well as witty.

"I arrived a few minutes ago, actually. I just went to these two rascals first to have them taste some of the chocolate I got from Liam when he went to Switzerland to finalize the wedding flowers," Niall blushed lightly as he mentioned his mate's name.

Sir Liam of Wolverhampton. He was the finest price charming with his handsome, rugged features and puppy brown eyes. Louis' parents had initially introduced the two of them to each other in hopes of a possible relationship to blossom between the two, but the delicate blue-eyed prince didn't foresee a delightful romantic relationship between the both of them, but rather a future of them being great friends. He then proceeded to introduce Liam to his beloved cousin Niall.

Now, Niall and Liam were to be wed during their coronation day which was set in a month's time. Louis giggled at the thought of Niall getting married to one of his dear friends that seemed to be his exact opposite, "I still can't believe you were able to have someone like Sir Liam court you. You still haven't told me the real story on what really went on between you two."

"If I told you the real story, your innocent little ears would be horrified, Juliet," Niall smirked, sitting down on Louis' fluffy bed. Merlot only shook her head, gathering up Maddie and Dorothy in her arms before turning to leave the baby prince's soft yellow bedroom, "I already know the real story and let me tell you, Lou, it's not something for innocent ones like you." She shook her head, turning around once she reached the door to give her precious brother one last smile, "Niall isn't as much as a poised Omega as you are, darling. Once you're dressed and bathed, feel free to come down and have your breakfast."

"Why do you two treat me as if I'm a child?" Louis exasperated, pouting, making his way to his closet to pick out his clothing for the day. "I'm twenty-one, for heaven's sake! I know far more things than you two expect of me... I've had my first kiss already and I've watched 21 Jump Street."

"Baby, that's 21 Jump Street. In order to know how I got Li to fall for me, you need to watch Fifty Shades of Grey," Niall chuckles, properly sprawling himself over the bed, pulling out his cellphone. "Plus your first kiss was accidental. You were thirteen at the time and you kissed Lady Eleanor because you tripped over a rock."

Louis shuddered at the thought, pulling out his long sleeved fluffy cream sweater and a brown maxi skirt that ended a few inches below Louis' knees. He pulled out some cream high heels that were four inches, before shyly grabbing his pale yellow cotton underwear to make his way to the doors of his restroom. "Please don't remind me. Lady Eleanor was much older and reeked of tuna."

Niall let out a genuine laugh, typing on his phone, "Bet she tasted like tuna, too. Disgusting." He then continued, sparing his cousin a playful look, "What else have you done with other people, my beloved experienced Lou?"

"I'm not saying anything anymore," Louis spoke quietly before opening the door to his restroom. "I'm quite content with how my life has been going so far, for your information. Even with no other sort of... interaction."

"There's more to life than being trapped within these walls, darling," Niall called out before he heard the sound of the bathroom door shutting. "Don't let tuna girl be the only thrill your life will ever have."

. . .

"Louis, would you mind passing the salt over to your cousin, love?" Johannah smiled. The family were in the vast dining area. Classical music was playing in the background as the family ate their breakfast. Louis nodded, wiping his mouth with his napkin before passing over the salt shaker to Niall who thanked him in reply with a matching wink.

"So, Niall, what brings you over here to England? You should visit us more. Louis gets quite lonely within these walls," King John smiled. Louis slightly deflated at that — it was true. He wouldn't be allowed to go out unless his father allowed him, with the addition that he needed to have a trusted chaperone with him which was both embarrassing and unfair. He was twenty-one! "Also, where's your fiancée?"

"This past week, I have been traveling all over Europe to get one last whiff of my freedom," Niall chuckled, sipping the red wine. It's breakfast, Niall, Louis thought to himself. "Liam is back home in Ireland doing some last minute wedding run-overs. He was the one who insisted that I travel for the remainder of the time before we officially become Kings. I decided to come back here and visit my favorite cousins."

"Oh, that sounds lovely, darling," Delilah coo'ed. "I'm happy you've found yourself a loving and sweet one, Nialler. It's absolutely no doubt that Liam is a perfect choice for a husband plus he would be a great leader as well. Ireland would love him."

Niall only blushed at the thought of his mate, nodding, "That is true — Ireland already does. I've never met anybody more noble than that man. Thank you, Aunt Delilah." He then rested his head on his hands that were intertwined on top of the table. "Also, I have a request and I hope that you would allow it."

"Depends on what that request is, Niall," John chuckled. "When you were ten, I remember you requesting for nine trucks of cookie dough ice cream."

The whole table laughed in amusement.

Merlot intervened, "I think this time around, he's going to request for ten, father."

Niall pretended to be surprised, "How did you know?!"

Louis bit his lip to stop himself from grinning, "Predictable has always been one of your many traits, Nialler."

Niall only shook his head and let out another giggle, "No, Uncle John. I was actually wondering if Louis and Merlot could accompany me to a concert of one of my good friends tonight. Lots of royals around the area are coming as well as he is quite well known among us."

"Sir Zayn Malik?" Louis asked, head tilted to the side as he showed his curiosity. The prince had been taking his manners lessons ever since he was younger, and his tutors have always taught him to address the well respected men in the community with 'sir' before their names to show the slight submission expected of Omega royalty.

Not to mention his father would unleash a full lecture if he had ever regarded another man by his first name in front of him. It was not proper and King John did not tolerate any form of disrespect from a Prince who also so happened to be an Omega.

Even more so his own son.

Niall raised his eyebrow at how Louis regarded Zayn as 'sir' but he let it slide, "No, not him, but he would be there as well. I'm thinking music that leans more towards the rock and alternative side. Sir," Niall coughed to hide his amusement, "Sir Harry Styles. Have you heard about him?"

"Oh, yes. I've met the lad and also heard Harry's songs," Merlot nodded, smiling jovially. "I'm a fan of his, actually. He's incredibly talented and is extremely kind and respectful. I'd love to go to his concert."

"Cool!" Niall grinned, before turning to look at Louis who was biting his lip. "Lou? What do you say?"

"I could and would only if father and mother allow me," Louis spoke, hands on his lap. He turned his attention to his parents, eyes bright and shining, "May I go to the concert?"

Queen Delilah nodded right away with a smile on her face, "Of course, darling. You know you don't need to ask those sorts of things anymore. You're twenty one and capable of making your own decisi —"

"Not quite, Delilah. Not while I'm still on the throne and he's still living under my palace. He knows the rules," King John spoke with finality, thinking about it a little longer. "Rock music, you say? You've only ever been exposed to classical music, Louis. I'm not quite sure about this..."

"I think this would serve as a great opportunity for me to be more open to new genres of music," Louis replied, head bowed to show his respect to his father. John eyed his son carefully, assessing the situation, "I don't know, Louis... What time will you be home? Before midnight, I assume."

This was so embarrassing! He was twenty one!

"Don't worry, Father. I'll be sure to bring Louis back home the same time I will to ensure our safety," Merlot spoke up after a few seconds of silence. Niall was gaping from the side, mildly surprised at how closed off John was making Louis from the world.

"And exactly what time will that be?" John raised his eyebrow. "I allow you to stay out as late as you want as I know you can take care of yourself as an Alpha and the future Queen, Merlot, but Louis cannot stay out later than midnight."

Delilah held John's hand and spoke with a soft tone, "Darling, I think we can trust Merlot with taking care of her younger brother. I agree with Louis. This could be a chance for him to explore other branches of sound."

Niall smiled, adding in, "This would be a great way for me to bond with my relatives before I return back to Ireland to be wed. My friend who will be playing his show tonight is an excellent performer. He's not vile and he's an absolute gentleman. A lot of royalty and people of aristocratic heritage would be there tonight. I'm sure Louis will enjoy his show a lot, and it would also mean a lot on my part."

"I don't see why Louis can't be back home by midnight, then, if he's just going to watch a show," John replied, frowning. "I'm not quite sure about this, Louis... I don't know who Harry Styles is, either."

Louis knew he couldn't talk. It was a discussion between his father and the people around him. He's defenseless.

"Harry is a very known artist all over the world and his show is surely packed with a bunch of people," Merlot spoke, a glint of determination in her eyes. "With that, heavy traffic around the area would be an understatement. We live quite far from O2 Arena, don't we? I'm sure using our privileges as royalty in the given setting will just show our arrogance."

"I agree," Delilah and Niall said at the same time, causing them to snicker quietly. Louis lifted his gaze from his lap to his father who was already looking back at him.

"Would I be allowed to go, father?" Louis asked one more time, blue eyes full of hope.

John looked at his son for a long moment before he gave in, sighing. "I permit you to go. But you shall be back home before the sun is up."

Louis can't help but grin, pearly white teeth making him look years younger than he already is. "Thank you, father."

. . .

It was two hours before the show, and Niall was still heated up over what had happened during breakfast.

"I seriously don't understand why John still treats you as if you are a child," Niall was scavenging through the boy's closet, looking for more suitable clothing for his beloved cousin. "You are an adult now, for Christ's sake. How come he allows you to speak about social and political issues in conferences but not allow you to go to a rock concert?"

Louis was sitting primly in front of his vanity mirror, making a move to put on some light natural make up. He was in the middle of curling his lashes, "Conferences give light on intelligence. Large entertainment gatherings and going home past midnight might give light on improper Omega Prince-like behavior. It's Rule number one of the mandatory book we've grown up learning, Niall."

Niall came out of Louis' walk in closet with a handful of different jeans and some sleeveless tops and a pair of black Louboutin heels that Louis barely wore.

"Niall, are you mad? My father will not let me leave this house ever again if he sees me wearing anything that shows inappropriate parts of my body," Louis' eyes widened. "Put that cropped top back!"

"First of all," Niall began to assess whichever pieces fit together perfectly. "There is no such thing as inappropriate parts of your body. If it's a part of your body, then it shouldn't be deemed inappropriate."

"Second of all," Niall turned to face his cousin who was still staring at him with wide, surprised eyes. The Irish man smiled mischievously, "I never read that book. I made Greg do all my assignments for me."

Louis bit his lip to stop his smile from breaking out on his face. He always admired Niall's brave and adventurous spirit, albeit absolutely being terrified of it. He hoped he can savor that essence of free one day.

Louis looked back at the vanity he was sitting in front of and stared at himself. At the corner of his eye, he sees Niall frantically trying to whip up an outfit for his young cousin to wear. In fairness, Niall looked dashing — wearing some nice blue jeans and a colorful button up top. He wish he was built the way he was — skinny with a flat chest that he didn't need to cover up. He could wear whatever he wanted.

Louis, on the other hand, had pudges everywhere. He did not take pride in how round and plump his bum was, how his thighs were thick, how curvy his figure was and how his stomach had a small pudgy shape. Some Omegas considered having a curvy figure as a blessing since it alleviates the hardships of finding people to have court them, but Louis didn't like his own body one bit. He hated how he always carries extra weight because of his curvy and thick figure. Not to mention it was also incredibly difficult to be taken seriously in the eyes of the public without the fear of being objectified.

It didn't get better when he himself chose to wear clothes that were classified to be feminine. He loved to wear skirts and dresses which made a lot of the conservatives of England skeptical about him — calling him rebellious and an atrocity to the throne. Louis knows deep down that his father agrees — he tried to urge the way Louis dressed up, but his attempts were futile. Queen Delilah was the one who encouraged Louis to dress up the way he wanted, always embracing her darling boy's wishes.

The mass public of Britain, excluding the conservatives, had praised, loved, and adored Louis for being the first person of royalty to publicly speak up against gender norms. They loved how Louis would wear the most beautiful outfits that spoke of deviance against gender stereotypes, helping in dismantling the idea of toxic masculinity in a society that finds comfort in toxic gender conformity. Louis felt powerful in the clothes that he wore — and it reflected in the way that he carried himself. He was confident, albeit shy, and a leader whose actions were always rooted in charity, expertise and love.

"I know that look on your face, Angel," Niall squinted his eyes at Louis. "Don't even start. You have a wonderful body."

Louis pulled down his oversized cream sweater, "I think I can just go in this, Ni. It's quite cold out."

Niall's eyes widened, before shaking his head, continuing to look over his articles of clothing, "Louis, it's literally 25 degrees out. Imagine how much hotter it will be at the concert venue with sweaty bodies and alcohol." He scoffed, full of mirth and disbelief, "You will be wearing something that will not make you hyperventilate, thank you very much."

Louis knew a dismissal when it came to one. So he just sighed, grabbing his mascara to slot through his lashes. "Just make sure my father will approve of it, okay? I don't want to be in trouble."

"Louis, I swear the moment that Liam and I get married, you will be moving in with us in Ireland where you are free to make your own choices," Niall spoke with confidence, gasping loudly once he was able to finally pick out a perfect glitter-dazzled sapphire-toned jumpsuit. "I didn't know you had this jumpsuit. You'd look so hot in it, Lou. And the fact that you kept it from me?! You're so selfish!"

"That's because it isn't mine, Ni," Louis blushed, standing up from his vanity and making his way to his bed where Niall had spread out his clothes. "It's Merlot's. I forgot to give it back after the butlers got our wardrobes mixed. This is literally closer to being lingerie than of actual clothes, Niall. I would be caught dead before I even get the chance to wear that outside."

Niall wasn't taking any shit. He was pushing Louis in the restroom with the jumpsuit in his hands, shushing the boy as he tried to protest against the choice of clothing.

Louis can't help but sigh in aggravation. He had no choice but to wear the clothes Niall had picked out for him that would undoubtedly become the reason for his destined death. The second he slipped on the shimmering sapphire toned jumpsuit, he spent a few minutes observing his reflection on the mirror. He was surprised with how much he loved how he looked in clothing he usually wouldn't wear — clothing he's wearing for the first time. He loved how confident he felt and how his body seemed to looked in the outfit.

He made a move to put on his necklace that had a beautiful sapphire gem on it's front that glimmered as light flashed upon it, signifying his purity as an unmarried and unmated Prince. He had gotten it from his late grandmother, the great Queen of England, as a present for his sixteenth birthday, immediately falling in-love with the color. After checking himself out in a mirror a little while longer, he went out of his restroom, covering himself as he felt very bare.

Just at that moment, Merlot had entered the room, putting on her earrings, "Are you two ready to part—holy shit, Louis."

All confidence the boy had immediately drained from his body.

"I know it's hideous, okay! It's Niall's fault!" Louis hurried to cry out quickly before turning around to make his way black to his closet. Niall shook his head, stopping the Prince from going back inside his closet, "What are you on about? You look fuckin' lethal, Lou!"

"Niall, there are literally less than twelve inches of fabric covering my front!" Louis was getting frustrated. "If my father sees me wearing this, he will be livid!"

"Wear a jacket over it just before we come down," Niall replied back, handing Louis his sparkly Louboutin pumps. "Put on your shoes and throw this leather jacket over it. Fuck. I would literally kill for your body, Louis."

"I need to change — "

"Louis, darling, you look beautiful in this," Merlot smiled. She made her way over to stand in-front of her brother, making a move to put the leather jacket over his shoulders, "I know this is mine, but oh my god — you look amazing in this, boo. More amazing than I could ever look and that's like, an unbelievable level of stunning," The two giggled. "Don't worry about dad, either. He's already taking his post-dinner nap."

"Pictures will be all over the net tomorrow and the papers will have so much to say about this," Louis was rambling. Merlot just shook her head, "The venue will be too packed with other royalty and other fans for them to snap a clear picture of us. Tell me. How do you feel in this?"

"Mer, you're going to be the future queen of England, in case you've forgotten. The press will be on you," Louis's eyes were exasperated and wide. He shook his head, "It doesn't matter how I feel. Other people will have so much to say about this."

"Louis, it's just clothes, baby," Niall chuckled. Merlot understood where Louis was coming from — the way he acted, the way he dressed, what he ate, even what he said were all controlled to fit into the ideal Prince his father had wanted him to become.

"I'll ask you again, Lou. How do you feel in this?"

After a moment of silence, Louis spoke up, "I feel good. I like how it looks on my body. But I know other people —"

"Then that's final. You'll wear this," Merlot said. "Life will pass you by if you keep putting other people's opinions and judgements first, Louis. Come on. For tonight, just live a little. You owe this to yourself."

"Yeah, Lou," Niall agreed, handing his cousin his phone before tossing him a tube of lipstick. The younger Omega looked at the shade, shaking his head, "I don't think I can pull this off, Ni. Plus I'm not allowed to."

"Wear red lipstick?" Niall blinked.

Merlot rolled her eyes before grabbing the tube and opening the cover, already reaching over to place some on Louis' lips. Louis was about to protest before Lottie warned her younger brother, "If you don't want this to smudge and smear, stay put. That rule is stupid."

"Ma'am Mariela said I should follow it. Rule number four off the book," Louis replied once Charlotte finished applying lipstick on him. The female Alpha rolled her eyes, "Are you seriously going by a rule book made back in the 1920's when people believed make up to be of witchcraft, Lou?" The girl smirked, "Maybe you're not as clever as I thought you are, boo."

"Well, the set of rules I follow have done nothing but be in my favor so far," Louis breathed out, smacking his lips together as Merlot finished off his lips.

"If being in your favor means not being able to experience all the beautiful things this world has to offer then I'm happy for you, Louis," Merlot shrugged. She then shook her head, running a hand through her brother's hair, brushing strands away from his bright blue eyes, "But we both know that's not the case."

As the three sneakily and quickly made their way into the black Range Rover, Louis can't help but sigh.

Let loose. You owe it to yourself for the night.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

128K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
906K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1M 55.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 18.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...