PEAS & CARROTS

By cryincrows

goku is just a sixteen year-old who attends school like any ordinary teenager. however, in middle school he d... More

new salad dish . 0
apple pie . 2
green beans . 3
celery . 4

fresh oranges . 1

147 4 0
By cryincrows

AUGUST

monday
"kakarot, get up already! are you seriously going to be late for your first day of school, again? kakarot!!" my mother shouted from downstairs, calling out my name. it was about twenty minutes away from being eight o'clock, the time where my school started.

"i-i'm up!" i replied hesitantly, anxiously trying to quickly button up my black school uniform, covering up an orange tee. i kneed down to the floor to quickly tie my shoes, before heading out my room. it's monday on an august, and i couldn't be more tired. monday's weren't really my least favorite day, it's just a day i tend to forget that i have to wake up early for. sundays were always lazy days of course. everyone knows that, right? meanwhile, as i finished tying my shoes, i fast-walked to the bathroom to unfortunately find out it's occupied by non-other than my older brother. "hey can i come in! i need to brush my teeth!" i said, knocking on the door, hoping for an answer.

"get lost, i'm combing my hair." my brother snapped back, only leaving me more anxious to ask again. luckily, my mom came up and to my rescue— or so i thought.

"kakarot, why are you just standing there?" my mother asked frustrated. in quick hand response, i pointed at the door, and acted like i was combing my hair with an imaginary brush. she immediately understood what i meant, and started yelling at my brother, additionally banging the door. "raditz, let your brother in this instance! you're going to have to run to school if you don't hurry up! i don't want to see either of you downstairs by the time i finish getting dress!" my mother finished, and stormed quickly to her room.

not even a second later, and the bathroom door was unlocked with a click sound. raditz had opened it but didn't dare to look at me as he still was looking at himself in the mirror. "hurry up, before mom kills the both of us." he said, with annoyance in his tone. he wasn't very soft on me very often, in fact at all, but fortunately today he allowed me inside without hesitation. i nodded with a relief smile, and quickly grabbed my toothbrush, and toothpaste and started to brush my teeth. raditz and i finished nearly the same time, and quickly ran downstairs to have breakfast. we got out a few already cooked toasts, grabbed a knife, and covered it in butter. our father was sitting on the family table. he was just reading the newspaper of the day. just like any father- or any old man would i guess.

"you boys need to start getting ready early now, before your mother kills ya." he chuckled at the end, while continuing to read. raditz and i were usually always late to get ready every year, but oftenly on the first few days. i overslept, while raditz does his best to have his long hair nicely combed every morning before the day started. he normally did that anyways, even if he were sick. i have a weird brother that's for sure- especially one with ridiculously long hair. "hey kakarot, how are feeling for your second year in high school, eh? you won't be picked on anymore since you won't be a freshman anymore." that's right, i'm a sophomore now... i thought to myself, while chewing on my buttered toast.

"w-wait- hey! how long are you guys going to keep calling me 'kakarot'?" i questioned, with an annoyed tone in my voice. not just my family, but ever since eight grade, i've been called kakarot for just accidentally falling in a pit of spoiled carrots. cause of that, i smelled like awful, rotten carrots for the entire day. nobody even dared sitting or being around me. what sucks more is that i really love carrots... kakarot is a weird name the bullies gave me, especially adding in the strange spelling to it. guess they wanted to be spelled even dummer than calling it out publicly.

"till you die i guess or when a better nickname comes around. like sure, goku's nice and all, but kakarot is funny. hehehe." my father continued to chucked, enjoying every bit of teasing me. however, not just him, my brother raditz started chuckling too. in a way of showing he was agreeing with him. this made me even more annoyed. i quickly finished my toast, grabbed my packed lunch my loving mother prepared for me, and walked over to get my school bag by the front door. one toast isn't going to do me so good on the first day... i might as well get another. i thought to myself before exiting through the front door. i quickly turned over and grabbed some already buttered toasts.

i quickly headed out with two buttered toasts in my mouth at the same time while jogging my way to school. it was seven fifty when i left home, several more minutes till school started. as i jogged, i heard fast footsteps coming from behind me. i looked to see who or what it was, but to my surprise it was my older brother raditz. instead, of trying to catch up to me, he was—

"GET BACK HERE YOU ROTTEN CARROT! THAT'S MY TOAST YOU'RE EATING!" raditz shouted, angrily speeding up to me. i tried to reply in muffles while chewing both the toast. unfortunately, that made him even more angry he almost was about to pounce on to murdering me. in any situation- or in fear-, i began to start running trying to survive from being murdered by my own 'loving' brother. raditz continues to chase me nonetheless as he assumes i stoles his toast, which in fact i did not... i think. 

fortunately, before my legs could break, i've made it in time before the bell ring. i head straight to the gym where the other kids originally waited for announcements. however at my school, that's usually just for high schoolers while middle schoolers are sent into the cafeteria, and lower schoolers in the library. although since it's the first day, it's extremely crowded with everyone from different grades. my school is huge i guess, so dismissing everyone at once would cause traffic. nonetheless, i quickly searched for a spot to blend in so my brother wouldn't find me. my school was filled not just people, but all sorts of species. like talking pigs, weird alien-looking humans, robotic or cyborg-like humans, and even creatures i can't even describe.

"goku!" i jolted, as i heard my name called out. i turned to where the voice came from, and to my surprise it was my childhood friend bulma. "goku!" she shouted out again, trying to grab my attention. without hesitation i quickly made my way up to her, hoping raditz hadn't heard. "what happened goku? you said you'll try to come early this year! and you came late-er than ever before!"

"haha i'm sorry bulma! i just woke up late that's all. maybe next year?-" i scratched the back of my head before i was suddenly interrupted by my ear being pinched down aggressively. "ow ow oW!" i yelled out in pain. quickly she let go and i was cupping my ear where it was aching in pain. "i said i'm sorry!"

"sorry isn't enough! i'm trying to help you for the future you idiot. tomorrow i want you to come fifteen minutes early!" bulma commanded, making me feel even more horrible. i just like sleeping... perhaps i should sleep early to get rid of my late night habit...and perhaps even get a better breakfast than today. i thought, later noticing she was my only friend nearby.

"hey, do you know where everyone else is?" i queried trying to find any of my other group friends in the crowd.

"no. most likely krillin is probably with tien, lunch, or with oolang somewhere, and that stupid yamcha is probably hanging out with some of the new freshman's chicks... although most likely they'll probably be crowding around vegeta." i instantly flushed by the name. vegeta. my thoughts were soon interrupted by the school's principal, beerus. a cruel man if you get onto his bad side, but rumors has it that he really is just a lazy oaf, and likes to eat a lot.

"good morning everyone!" he called out, receiving a 'good morning' back from everyone in all different grades in the bleachers. he pulled back his large purple ears from the unexpected roar from the students. "i'm glad everyone is here on their first day of school. we'll soon be separating each and every one of you to your classes very shortly. however, we have some urgent sport news." the principal began, easily grabbing the whole school's attention. instead of him continuing, the vice-principal, whis, stepped in instead. introducing his approach with an 'ahem'.

"we will unfortunately be delaying our football practices for awhile." he began, sounds of surprise gasps began, including me. "as our current coach, piccalo, is out of town for a special case, we'll be accepting students later in within a few weeks. meaning we'll be missing the beginning of the football season." a crowd of 'aww's' began to cry across the gym. especially me, i was really excited to start football this year. "we'll try our best to see if we can start sooner, but that's all for the meantime." whis finished.

with after some unimportant news about how classes will began, and some rules to go over went on until they finally started sending out middle schoolers and lower schoolers out to their rooms. when they were all done and in their classes they divided high schools in two different grades together. soon enough i got to meet my other friends. "yo!" i greeted to one of my childhood friends, krillin.

"sup, goku! good to know you made it to school in time!" he said, happily chuckling, but was then immediately corrected by bulma about my absolute late absence by giving out angry glare at me. leaving me nervously laughing, afraid for my life tomorrow.

some more time went on as sophomores and freshmans were paired away from juniors and seniors. they started of with freshman's classes, before sophomores. as less kids were disappearing, i finally spotted him- the person that make it as if time was slowing down itself, my heart rapidly beating, my face flushing— "goku!" my thoughts were once again interrupted by the sound of my name. i walked up to the teacher that called me. it was my new homeroom teacher, and soon my friends joined up with me as their names were later called.

as if things were going as good as they were i heard it again. "vegeta!" vegeta. i repeated the name in my head, as i turned around to find the individual. i gazed at his face that was filled with uninterested and annoyance as girls from the other grades crowed around him. trying to grab his attention uncontrollably. he looked beautiful where he stood, especially since he was very close by where i stood. so i had a good view. luckily the girls were soon separated to their other grades and classes which gave is a much better view.

i continued to admire him from a good distance, but not as much as i wanted to. to make sure i didn't look strange or off. keeping my attention towards my friends, joining in their conversations once and awhile while gazing close by. as i looked away for a minute to talk to bulma, i looked back to my surprise seeing him staring back at me. immediately i looked away as my face began to flush enormously.

"hey goku you alright?" my friend krillin queried as he noticed my face red as a tomato. i nodded right away assuring him i was alright, adding in a laugh and "yea!". my throat quickly went dry as my heart pounded rapidly from fright. i really hope he didn't noticed me staring. before i knew it, my class began following our homeroom teacher. quickly trying to relax, as i hurried up with my friends from behind. oh please let this be a normal day...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 63.2K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
183K 3.8K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
591K 18.1K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
210K 6K 73
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...