Our Fear Story - Season 4

By OurFearStory

A project written by fans of the beloved TWD Universe, who have rewritten their own version of the 4th season... More

Overview of Season 4A
Episode 1 - "Excursion"
Episode 2 - "Calamity"
Episode 4 - "Carnage"
Episode 5 - "Murmurs"
Episode 6 - "Union"
Episode 7 - "Circumjacent"
Episode 8 - "Bête Noire"
Overview of Season 4B
Episode 9 - "Dereliction"
Episode 10 - "Little Ones"
Episode 11 - "JADMATS"
Episode 12 - "Vicissitude"
Episode 13 - "Confront and Reconcile"
Episode 14 - "Magnolia"
Episode 15 - "The Last Supper"

Episode 3 - "Something to Fear"

277 13 0
By OurFearStory

Episode 3 -
"Something to Fear"

EXT. WOODS - NIGHT

Thunder erupts the sky, the lightning cackling abruptly every 20 seconds, rain pours heavily down on to the ground, turning the once dry ground into its own muddy landscape once again.

A footstep slams onto a brown, murky puddle, splashing the dirty water. The foot belongs to a woman who seems to be in a hurry, judging by the pace of her walking.

She is seeking shelter, not necessarily a permanent one, but any form of shelter nonetheless. Her grey hoodie is covered in rain, falling down to her once-blue jeans, which were now almost half dirty from all the mud. Her white shoes were completely engulfed in mud, no ounce of white could be seen as of now.

The wind soon picks up, bashing strong waves at the woman, knocking her hood down, revealing the wiriery, messy blond hair of a familiar face. It was JUNE.

She quickly swings her hood back over her head and held it there with her left hand as she begins running carefully along the muddy pathway, battling against the strong force that is wind.

JUNE'S blue, cold eyes widens as she sees a cabin close by, her legs jolt with similar excitement to her towards it.

JUNE stops a few feet from the cabin when she notices lights reflecting the sheets that covers the window-like openings of the cabin. She takes a deep breath, not caring that the wind has knocked her hood down once again. With her right hand, she slips her knife out from her brown belt buckle and slowly creeps along the front porch of the cabin. This is all only in case whoever is potentially inhabiting the cabin are hostile.

Once at the door, JUNE takes a deep breath and gently pushes her free hand against the door, only for it to not budge. It is locked. Or something is blocking it. She decides to knock twice on the door to see if that has better luck and turns to her side so that the knife is a bit visible to whoever may answer the door, although her grip on it tightens.

Movement can be heard coming towards the door and stop at the door. A short but almost creepy pause lurks until a quiet, innocent-sounding female voice calls out.

UNKNOWN
(Concerned)
H-hello?

JUNE
(Pleading)
Hello? Could you let me in please?

Another pause initiates before bits of heavy furniture are heard being moved around away from the door, but the door doesn't open.

JUNE
Hello?

JUNE waits a few seconds before trying to open the door, the lock restricted her from opening it however.

JUNE
(Desperate)
Open the door.

A creak is heard in the floorboards behind JUNE, who attempts to quickly spin around but is knocked out cold.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

EXT. CABIN PORCH - NIGHT

A drowsy and groaning JUNE, slowly drifts awake, feeling the urge to rub her head due to an aching pain shooting through her skull, but as she tries to apply pressure to her head, a rope tightens her hands. She forcefully pulls her hands a few more times in an attempt to break free but gives up after a few seconds, not wanting to alert any nearby lurkers. She turns her head to scan her surroundings; in her front view is tall, dark trees, waving in tune with the breezy wind. To the left side of her is the front window of the cabin, covered by a thick blue sheet to prevent anyone from seeing in without moving the sheet itself.

Suddenly, the gnarly growl of a walker is heard and heading towards JUNE, however she's unable to see it. She can only rely on the sound of the walker. A few seconds past and the walker wanders into JUNE'S line of sight, twitching it's head in her direction, it's growling intensifies upon noticing her and begins limping towards her. JUNE begins attempting to shuffle to her feet but the role restricted her from standing, forcing her back on her legs. She was forced to start kicking at the cabin wall in order to desperately grab the attention of whoever inhabited the cabin.

The walker is soon meters away so JUNE thrashes her legs at it once it's lunges at her, pressing down against her legs. She pushes against it as if it is a leg weight, groaning at the pressure the walker is putting on her, but she can feel her legs slowly start giving away.

The sound of the cabin door opening is like music to JUNE'S ears, a tall man rushes out and drives a knife into the walkers head from behind, pulling it off of JUNE and onto the floor. He sighs and looks down at her as a dark-haired, average height woman walks out with a pistol in hand and aims it at JUNE.

The man cuts the rope between JUNE'S hands and the cabin so that she is still tied but able to move freely, and points the knife at her.

MAN
(warns)
Don't try anything.

JUNE nods shakily and slowly stands up, looking intently at the two of them. The man waves his knife towards the door, indicating for her to walk inside, which she does with caution.

Upon walking inside, JUNE can see two sofas parallel to each other by a burning fire, a small girl laying asleep on one of them, wrapped in two furry blankets to fight against the cold. The sound of furniture being moved is heard again, startling JUNE so she turns to see the woman still aiming a gun at her and the man pushing furniture against the door as a form of blockade, confirming what she heard previously.

JUNE
(assuring)
I'm not out to hurt anyone. I promise.

The man ignores her as he fully blocks the door and sighs as he walks towards the fire where the sofas are and looks at JUNE, pointing the knife at the sofa to JUNE'S left.

MAN
Sit.

JUNE looks at the man and feels the gun pressing against her back, pushing her forward a tad. She clenches her jaw and slowly walks to the sofa and carefully sits down, anxiously glancing at the two of them.

MAN
Put Charlie to bed, love.

The woman hands the man the gun, who aims it at JUNE, and gently picks up her sleeping daughter and walks towards a room a few feet behind JUNE and carefully and quietly opens the door and walks in.

The man sits on the sofa, his glare fixated on JUNE, who nervously looks back, not wanting anything bad to go down.

MAN
Where are the others?

JUNE
(confused)
What others?

MAN
The people you're with.

JUNE
I'm not with anyone, I swear.

JUNE
I won't gain anything from lying.

The man leans back on the sofa, thinking about whether she's telling the truth.

MAN
I have a daughter and you're a stranger.

JUNE
A stranger who isn't a threat.

The man sighs and his eyes move to the woman walking out of the room and towards the sofa the man is on, sitting next to him, staring at JUNE.

JUNE
Let me go, if you can't trust me.

MAN
We're not taking any risks.

JUNE feels slightly frustrated, feeling like this clearly isn't going anywhere.

MAN
So you've been alone all this time?

JUNE
I was with a group a while ago.

MAN
What happened?

JUNE looks the man in the eyes, reminded of the people she lost along the way during the apocalypse and slowly shakes her head. The man knows what she is implying and looks at what appears to be his wife before lowering his head, feeling slightly guilty. He looks back up at JUNE.

MAN
I'm sorry.

JUNE
It's fine.

The man's gun is no longer aiming at JUNE, no longer feeling like she's a major threat so far. He still keeps it close by just in case.

MAN
This isn't personal. It's just hard
to trust people these days.

JUNE
What's your excuse?

MAN
A group of people trying to kill you rather than the dead doesn't exactly give me reason to trust everyone.

JUNE nods in agreement, understanding what it's like to get attacked by the living rather than the dead.

JUNE
I'm sorry.

They both exchange a look of agreement, his nod giving off the impression that he accepts the apology. JUNE wants to try change the subject.

JUNE
What are your names?

MAN
I'm Alex, this is my wife Mika.

MIKA gives a small smile at JUNE, who reciprocates the gesture.

JUNE
June.

ALEX
(jokes)
Well I would say it's nice to meet you but hitting you on the head probably wasn't a great first impression.

JUNE shows small amusement at ALEX'S comment with a soft but faint chuckle.

JUNE
'Least you didn't kill me.

JUNE looks down at her hands, still tied, and quietly sighs to her self, which ALEX takes notice off.

ALEX
If you're staying the night, then
we're gonna leave you tied up.

As annoying as this is, JUNE accepts their terms by giving a small nod before staring into the fire.

Suddenly, multiple groans of the dead are heard, catching the attention of all three adults, who turn their heads towards the window on the left of the front door. ALEX slowly stands up and creeps towards the window in hope of pinpointing how close the dead are. MIKA stands and treads a few weak steps towards her husband.

MIKA
(Whispers)
Where are they?

ALEX shakes his head, still looking towards the window, and is about to slowly move a bit of the sheet covering the window to see where they are as he couldn't tell.

The footsteps of the walkers are more audible due to the toned down weather, with one pair of footsteps coming from the small set of stairs that led up to the  porch of the cabin, thus stopping ALEX mid-movement from going to move the sheet. He steps back as quietly as he can and turns his head to face his wife.

ALEX
(whispers)
You ready?

MIKA'S  face shows reluctancy and annoyance but nods nonetheless, clearly knowing what he is referring to, almost as if this is a protocol they follow. She tiptoes towards a set of drawers behind the sofa she is sitting on and pulls them open, taking out a sharp hunter knife.

ALEX nods at MIKA before turning his head to JUNE, who stares intently with worry that she can't properly defend herself if the door is breached.

ALEX
(Whispers)
Stay here.

JUNE clenches her jaw, annoyed that now she knows for sure she isn't going to be able to.

ALEX
(Assuring)
It'll be fine. I promise.

JUNE has to have faith that they'll both be able to protect her. However, she remembers that they have a daughter, so would obviously do what they can to protect her, which put her mind at ease slightly.

ALEX and MIKA nod at each other before he slowly pushes the furniture that blocked the door. MIKA opens the door and they step outside, twitching their heads to the left to face the walker stumbling towards them from the porch stairs. MIKA lunges forward at the walker and pushes it against the wall in a struggle. ALEX goes to interfere but another gnarly growl alerts his attention to the bottom of the stairs as another walker turns the corner and spots them, endangering MIKA who seems to be struggling to impale the walker's skull due to the walkers arm colliding with her knife hand, as if it is aware of the purpose of the knife. Panic sets in for ALEX, not wanting the second walker to attack MIKA, so he rushes over to it and quickly slams the knife into the temple, killing it instantly. However, before he can help MIKA, he is tackled by a third oncoming walker that came from the dark area that is made up of many trees.

ALEX groans and yells in struggle as MIKA still struggles to kill the walker she's dealing with, roaring growls in her face.

Suddenly, a loud, ear-piercing gunshot erupts the atmosphere, followed by the first walker slumping to the floor. MIKA turns to her left to see JUNE holding the pistol that ALEX left on the sofa.

MIKA
Thank yo-

The desperate yells from ALEX Interrupts her, so JUNE rushes to the walker and pushes it off of him and shoots it right between the eyes. ALEX pants as he looks at JUNE in shock but appreciation and helps himself up. Like a bullet, MIKA rushes to him and wraps her arms around him, trying not to sob.

ALEX
I'm okay, love.

JUNE quickly looks around the area to check if the gunshots attracted anymore walkers, so far no signs of other walkers could be seen or heard.

JUNE
Let's go back inside.

ALEX and MIKA break the hug and walk, arms wrapped, with JUNE back inside.

JUNE quietly closes the door and pushes the furniture back in front of the door and sighs with relief at the fact that no one is harmed and that they are all inside. ALEX and MIKA sat on the sofa they sat on prior, the latter cradling the former, and JUNE walks towards the table in between the two tables and places the gun on it and gently pushes it towards their direction of the table and gives a smile before sitting on the second sofa.

ALEX
(grateful)
Thank you.

JUNE
No problem.

ALEX
We never usually have to take on
more than. like, two or three at a time.

MIKA
I don't think we should go on runs by ourselves tomorrow, or at all.

ALEX
We have to, can't leave Charlie
by herself. She isn't ready.

As painful as the reality is, MIKA nods in agreement, knowing he is right. She dreads the idea of one of them going on their planned run the next morning and sighs.

MIKA
So who's going tomorrow?

ALEX
I'll go.

MIKA
(Argues)
I won't let you risk your life, not again.

ALEX
I don't want you out there.

As they argue, JUNE thinks for a moment, considering the idea of staying behind or going on the run for them. Despite the hostile way they met, she knows they are good people and didn't want anything bad happening to them, especially their daughter.

JUNE
I'll go.

The couple stop mid-argument and look at JUNE, confused as to what she means.

ALEX
What do you mean?

JUNE
I'll go on the run for you.

MIKA
We can't ask you to do that.

JUNE
That's why I'm offering.

ALEX
With all due respect, I'd rather one of us go.

JUNE
What if I stayed here and
kept an eye on your daughter?

MIKA looks at ALEX, wanting to know his reaction to JUNE'S offer as she is sort of unsure herself, although JUNE has proven herself trustworthy and capable.

ALEX
Well..

ALEX looks back at MIKA, also wanting to see her reaction, both unsure of what to answer. ALEX looks back at JUNE, who patiently waits for an answer.

ALEX
Are you sure?

JUNE
(nods)
Of course.

ALEX
If you're sure then I guess we can go.

ALEX takes a step forward to JUNE.

ALEX
If you do anything to hurt her in
any way, I'll kill you.

JUNE
Roger that.

JUNE nods and smiles a warm smile before looking at the fire. ALEX stands up and looks at his wife. ALEX'S eyes narrow to JUNE'S still-tied hands and uses his knife to lean forward and cut the rope, freeing JUNE from the grip of the rope. The satisfying relief of the grip releasing made JUNE sigh with relief as she rubs her wrists

ALEX
We should rest.

MIKA nods and stands up, looking at JUNE.

MIKA
I'll be back with some blankets.

JUNE smiles at MIKA, who walks in the same room she took CHARLIE in.

JUNE
Thank you.

ALEX
What for?

JUNE
For trusting me.

ALEX
(chuckles)
Well, you proved us wrong.

JUNE chuckles but only softly, almost like a scoff as MIKA walks back in the room with a folded pink blanket and a pillow, handing it to JUNE, who carefully takes it from her and sets it aside next to her.

JUNE
Thank you.

MIKA
No problem.

ALEX
Well, we'll leave you to it.

ALEX grabs the gun from the table.

ALEX
Goodnight.

JUNE
Goodnight.

ALEX walks on to the bedroom door and goes inside as MIKA pats JUNE'S shoulder, appreciating her help,

MIKA
Goodnight, June.

JUNE
Goodnight, Mika.

MIKA smiles warmly and walks inside their bedroom and carefully closes the door.

JUNE observes the cabin from the sofa out of boredom and smiles slightly, still not coming to terms with the reality of the lucky situation she is in. She soon lies down on the sofa, resting her head on the soft, fluffy pillow, and lays the two blankets over, tucking herself in to be as warm as can be. A sigh escapes her lips as she closes her eyes, soon falling asleep beside the dying fire.

*PRESENT DAY*

INT. LIGHTHOUSE

After fighting blood, sweat and tears, or lack thereof, MADISON, ALICIA and QALETAQA , all covered head to toe in walker blood, tiredly walk, like walkers themselves, back down the stairs to head towards their campsite where a still injured CRAZY DOGZ awaits their arrival.

ALICIA
Mom?

ALICIA
Where is everyone else?

MADISON
I don't know. Just me, Taqa and
Crazy Dog so far.

ALICIA nods, some tears forming in her eyes to the fact that her brother's whereabouts still remain unknown.

MADISON stops and holds ALICIA by her shoulders.

MADISON
Listen, we will find him, just like
how I found you today.

ALICIA
(realistic)
What if he's-

MADISON
(interrupts)
Don't think like that. Don't. Alright?

ALICIA nods and throws her arms around her mother again and tries her hardest not to sob. MADISON wraps hers around her daughters even tighter.

MADISON
(whispers)
It's okay.

ALICIA pulls away and wipes her eyes, offering a small smile, which was enough to put a smile on MADISON'S face.

They both turned and continued walking, catching up with TAQA.

EXT. CAMPSITE

The camp fire is the only thing to elimuminate the surrounding area for CRAZY DOG, EDGAR and his men. CRAZY DOG is laid more away from the other men than normal, he feels a bad vibe around them. His eyes lit up more than the campfire when his gaze caught that of MADISON, QALETAQA and ALICIA walking towards them.

EDGAR notices, he squints his eyes to realise that LELAND is not accompanying them, so he stands up quickly, ready to confront them.

EDGAR
(concerned)
Where's Leland?

MADISON
(lies)
He ran off. Felt like we were all slowing him down, putting him in danger.

EDGAR
(angry)
Knew I should've beat his ass, stomped
on that ugly rat face of his!

MADISON
Guess he chose to walk the lone wolf path.

QALETAQA sighs and kneel down beside CRAZY DOG.

EDGAR traces his left index finger on a 'v' carving on the palm of his right hand, which MADISON takes notice of.

MADISON
What's that on your hand?

EDGAR raises a brow and holds his hand up to MADISON.

EDGAR
This? It's our symbol. V for Vultures. It's the group we're apart of.

MADISON
There's more of you?

EDGAR
Yep, back in Texas.

EDGAR thinks for a second and a devilish smirk raises on his lips.

EDGAR
(orders)
Tie 'em up!

MADISON and ALICA look at each other in confusion as the men that are there start walking towards them, a couple of them gripping them on their arms while another begins tying them with a rope.

MADISON
What the hell?

EDGAR
I'll be held responsible for the
disappearance of Leland.

EDGAR
But Ennis will surely allow me
to live if I introduce the core four to him.

MADISON
You don't have to do this.

EDGAR
Oh, calm down. This is your new home. We ain't killing you, unless you're weak.

EDGAR takes a look at everyone.

EDGAR
And most of you ain't weak.

QALETAQA gives a threatening glare and stands up against the closest man to him but the sound of a gun clocking interrupts a potential fight as EDGAR aims his pistol at him.

EDGAR
(smirks)
Wanna try something now?

QALETAQA glares at EDGAR, his eyes full of anger, the glare remaining on EDGAR while he is being tied up.  Once they are tied up, EDGAR begins walking to his truck.

EDGAR
Load 'em up!

As ordered, the men drag MADISON, ALICIA, CRAZY DOG and QALETAQA into the back of the truck, CRAZY DOG wincing every so often due to his injury. Once they were loaded up, the truck begins driving towards the Vultures' home.

INT. TRUCK

For most of the journey, the back of the truck is poorly lit, our protagonists unable to see much aside from their silhouettes. MADISON tries pulling the ropes to loose them but to avail.

ALICIA
I'm going to kill them.

MADISON
We'll find a way to do so.

They can feel the truck coming to a stop with more force than necessary, causing CRAZY DOG to slip off of his seat, sending a wave of pain through his body from his injury. He groans out in pain as QALETAQA kneels beside him. Light seeps into the truck as the back doors finally open and a gnarly voice orders them out.

EDGAR
Out.

MADISON looks at ALICIA and gives her a nod to say it's okay to do so. ALICIA shuffled along the seat and hops down onto the ground as MADISON does the same. QALETAQA helps CRAZY DOG out of the truck and the four are ordered to follow EDGAR, four other guards following behind them.

INT. STADIUM BASEMENT.
The hallway leading to the basement is smelly, cracked, mice-ridden, almost like a crack den. The revolting smell plummeted through any nostril that enters its grisly atmosphere, making ALICIA noticeably retch slightly, MADISON scrunches her face up to the smell but somehow manages to not retch or even cough.

EDGAR turns back and unlocks the cold, metal door, pushing it open to reveal a dirty, dimly lit room that is only lit with two lanterns, but that isn't the most shocking thing to enter our protagonist's line of sight. A figure suddenly sits up from the floor and steps closer into the light, revealing it to be none other than...

MADISON
Strand...?

STRAND
Madison.

INT. CABIN - MORNING
Early in the morning, JUNE wakes up and lays for a few minutes to gather her thoughts. She sits up, sighs, resting her head in her hands for a few minutes before the bedroom door opens behind her.

MIKA walks out, already dressed for the run, and greets JUNE with a warm smile.

MIKA
Morning. Sleep well?

JUNE
Better than I have in weeks.

MIKA
Good.

JUNE
Yourself?

MIKA
I guess. With Alex's
snoring, I'm surprised I slept at all.

MIKA and JUNE chuckle, a sight that is rarely seen with most people in the apocalypse so it was a lovely sight to say the least.

ALEX walks out of the bedroom and nods at the two ladies, bolstering his knife in his pocket as he does.

ALEX
Morning, ladies.

JUNE
Morning.

ALEX
You ready, love?

MIKA
(nods)
Yeah.

ALEX
(smiles)
Thanks again, June.

JUNE
(assuring)
It's no issue.

ALEX nods and sighs as he grabs his coat that is hanging off a stuck out piece of wood that hangs next to the door and puts it on.

They both walk towards the front door to the cabin and turn to face JUNE, who is still sat on the sofa, looking at them.

MIKA
We will be back in a few hours. We're gonna check north from here, see what's left. Charlie's still asleep in the bedroom.

JUNE
(nods)
Be careful.

ALEX
(smile)
We will. Thank you.

MIKA opens the door and steps outside, ALEX stepping out after, closing the door behind him. JUNE sighs as her eyes scan around the room.

JUNE stands up and decides to explore the cabin, checking out the rooms that she didn't previously look in the night before. She enters a room that seems to resemble a kitchen; a few chests lay in a line against the wall, with some cupboards on the opposite side, parallel to the chests. Curiosity gets the better of JUNE as she opens the chests to see what was inside them, finding some chocolate bars, Cheetos crisps and protein bars in one, bottled water in another, and nothing in the last one.

Suddenly, the sound of a floorboard creak echoes into JUNE'S ears, causing her to swiftly turn around to see an innocent CHARLIE standing at the doorway, startled
slightly at the sight of a stranger in her kitchen.

CHARLIE
(Startled)
Where's my parents?

JUNE
They went out. They asked me to look
after you until they got back.

CHARLIE
Who are you?

JUNE
Name's June.

CHARLIE
(confused)
Why are you here?

JUNE
I found my way here last night. Your parents took me in to stay the night.

CHARLIE
Are you going to stay with us?

The question makes JUNE pause for a moment, not really knowing what the plan is.

JUNE
I don't know.

CHARLIE nods slightly, kinda bummed that there isn't any confirmation on weather they'd have any long term company. The thought of an extra person living with them makes CHARLIE slightly happy.

JUNE sighs to break the silence and looks around, clapping her hands together.

JUNE
You hungry?

CHARLIE nods.

JUNE
Where do you keep your food?

Despite already knowing where they keep most of their food, JUNE didn't want CHARLIE to be aware that she has already snooped around their home.

CHARLIE points at the chests that JUNE previously looked in and walks over to the first one and opens it, taking out a couple of protein bars and a packet of Cheetos and hands one of each to JUNE, who takes it carefully with a smile.

JUNE
Thanks.

CHARLIE unwraps her protein bar and walks into the main room and sits on the sofa she slept on the night before. JUNE follows her in and sits on the opposite sofa and unwraps her protein bar, beginning to eat it slightly.

JUNE
You ever been out there much?

CHARLIE
Not really. Parents don't like the idea of me being out there. Too dangerous, they say.

JUNE
They're worried. That's all.
But one thing I will say.

JUNE
Nothing out there is "too" dangerous for you or anyone your age. It's the same for us as it is for you. You can handle a weapon, can't you?

CHARLIE
Fired a gun a few times.

JUNE
What about knives? Light, sharp, easy to use.

JUNE
Haven't your parents taught you?

CHARLIE
I'm too young, they'd say.

JUNE
They have to teach you how to survive out there. Soon, they'll need you just as much as you need them.

CHARLIE listens and nods, knowing that JUNE is right. Her parents have sheltered her from the big bag world for too long. She knows she needs to learn how to survive out there, the basics at the very least, like shooting a gun and how to use a knife.

CHARLIE
Could you teach me?

JUNE
Don't think it's my place
to. I'll talk with your parents-

CHARLIE
(interrupts)
Please. I beg you. My parents are shielding me from the world. I need to learn.

JUNE sighs and looks down, contemplating what she should do. If she does teach CHARLIE behind her parents backs, it could cause problems, but she knows she has to learn someday, and by the time her parents do eventually teach her, it could already be too late. That's a risk JUNE didn't want to take.

JUNE
Okay. I'll teach you.

CHARLIE'S face lights up with slight happiness and excitement as she launches herself off the sofa and wraps her arms around JUNE, who is surprised by the hug but ultimately smiles and hugs back with one arm.

CHARLIE
Thank you!

JUNE
(smiles)
It's alright.

CHARLIE pulls away from the hug and looks at JUNE.

CHARLIE
So when do we start?

JUNE
(smirks and jokes)
Wanna finish your crisps first?

CHARLIE
(shakes head)
I will after.

JUNE
(nods)
Okay.

JUNE stands up and wipes her mouth with her sleeve and searches her clothes for her knife, taking it and heads to CHARLIE, holding the knife by its end. CHARLIE would nod along to everything instruction JUNE says.

JUNE
When it comes to knives, you're going up close and personal with the dead. It's not as safe as with a gun, but with a knife you can use it as much as possible. No fear on running out of ammo.

JUNE
If you see one coming at you, you need to be calm, relaxed and confident. Confident enough to know that you will drive the knife into its head. The head. No where else. Make sure it hits the brain. That way it will stay dead.

The frightening idea of going up close and personal with a walker makes CHARLIE feel uneasy and nervous, a cold, sharp shiver slithering down her spine at the thought of the inevitable.

JUNE stands in an attacking stance with the knife, grip in hand, held tightly in her right hand.

JUNE
You need to be quick. If you're slow,
they'll bite.

JUNE throws her wielded hand forward quickly so that the sharp end is facing forward, and quickly retracts her hand back to her stance. She turns her head to an intrigued CHARLIE and raises a brow.

JUNE
Understand?

CHARLIE nods, so, in response, JUNE lowers her posture and hands CHARLIE the knife, who slowly takes it and moves herself into an awkward attacking stance.

JUNE
Now, show me.

CHARLIE clears her throat and does a similar attack to JUNE, only it is a tad slower and weaker. JUNE smiles at the lesson and nods.

JUNE
(impressed)
Great. Keep practicing that. But with the other hand, make sure you grab them by their collar or neck to keep some balance if you don't feel too comfortable.

CHARLIE nods slightly and begins practicing, showing small signs of improvement in her technique, however, not a significant amount, which still puts a smile on JUNES face. CHARLIE'S face also gleams with a smile when she looks at JUNE.

Suddenly, the noise of shouting men can be heard, making JUNE'S head twitch like an owl towards the sheet-covered window, a look of shock smothered her face, knowing that this isn't MIKA or ALEX, or anyone pleasant by the way the men are shouting.

JUNE turns to CHARLIE, trying not to panic.

JUNE
I need you to hide. Now.

Fear begins coursing through CHARLIE as she stares at JUNE, not knowing how to reply.

JUNE
Now!

CHARLIE snaps back into reality and nods shakily, handing JUNE her knife back and runs into her parents room while JUNE creeps towards the window and takes a small peak outside.

The sight of four men are caught in JUNE'S line of sight, about 30 feet away. One of the men points at the window which causes JUNE to shift back so fast that you'd think she just got shot with a stun gun, and fall to the floor slightly in fear as she hears multiple fast footsteps approaching the cabin. JUNE quickly crawls into the kitchen and desperately looks for a hiding spot, deciding to open the third empty chest and climb inside, quietly closing the lid on top of her.

Darkness and fear fills the atmosphere of a frightened JUNE, her breathing becoming more rapid as she grips her knife tightly. The horrific sound of the front door of the cabin creaking open startles JUNE even more, confirming her worst fears. The fact that no calls for help or offers to help fuels this ides that these guys are trouble. All JUNE can do now...is wait.

Footsteps are the only noises JUNE hears as she silently waits for this all to blow over, but reality soon kicked in when a pair of footsteps stops in front of her chest, a small but sudden exhale breaking the suffocating silence.

Suddenly, light quickly fills the chest as the lid flung open, revealing a tall, built man with a cap looking down at JUNE, his arms extended towards her, gripping her arm and hair as he pulled her out with enough force to floor. JUNE tries swinging her knife at the man, causing him to step back slightly.

MAN
Ennis! Here.

MAN
Let's chill for a minute.

JUNE
Back off!

The sound of rapid footsteps are heard before two more men enter the room, their gaze locked onto JUNE. One of the men stepped forward with a seemingly warm smile across his face.

MAN 2
(friendly)
How 'bout we put the knife down, no need for violence, Missy.

JUNE
Tell that to your buddy.

MAN 2
I'm sorry about him. He
gets too excited sometimes.

The same man's eyes focus on the sharp point of the knife that is still aimed at them.

MAN 2
Could you please just
put the knife down?

JUNE glares at the man who attacked her and switches her gaze to the seemingly kind one in front of her and thinks for a moment, not wanting to try and fight three men who could probably overpower her easily. She sighs and lowers her knife

MAN 2
What's your name?

JUNE
You first.

MAN 2
(grins)
Alright. Ennis.

JUNE
June.

ENNIS
That's a beautiful name.

ENNIS
Are you alone?

JUNE
(lies)
Yes. Have been since the start.

ENNIS
Well we have a community not too far from here. Walls, food, protection. Everything a woman like you needs.

JUNE shakes her head.

JUNE
I'm fine. I've survived here
long enough on my own.

After hearing this, the friendly grin of ENNIS disappears, replaced with a glare and snarly frown. He slowly reaches behind his back and pulls out a glock, aiming it at her from his side.

ENNIS
That wasn't an offer.

JUNE'S eyes lower to the gun then back at ENNIS' eyes, his eye full of evil. JUNE nods slowly.

JUNE
Okay, okay. You win.

The other two men step forward and grab JUNE by her arms and forcefully take her outside. ENNIS stands there and smirks before turning around and following them out.

EXT. WOODS - DAY
The two men continue to push JUNE forward while ENNIS walked behind, occasionally staring at JUNE'S behind, being the creep that his is. JUNE sees a black car up ahead in the direction they are going in and once there, one of the men force her in the back of the car. ENNIS gets in the back with JUNE as the two men head in front and drive off onto the highroad.

INT. CAR - DAY
ENNIS' stare remains on JUNE, clearly taking an interest in her. She often looks away out the window whenever she notices him still staring. JUNE'S comfort level soon drop when ENNIS put his hand on her thigh.

ENNIS
(creepy)
You know June, life back home can get real boring. Bringing you back will, for sure, make things more interesting.

A cold, cringe slithered down JUNE'S body in response to ENNIS' remarks. She decides to try and calmly shrug her thigh away from his hand but his grip just tightened, and slowly moves further up her leg.

JUNE
Could you please stop?

ENNIS
(smirks)
Seeing as you asked so kindly.

ENNIS waits a few seconds before eventually releasing his grip.

JUNE
(trembling)
H-how far is this place?

ENNIS
A few minutes away.
Why? Eager to get settled in?

JUNE turns her head to see a smirk raise on ENNIS' face.

JUNE
(nervous)
N-no, just curious.

The sight of a baseball stadium slowly veers into JUNE'S view as she looks out of the front window of the car as they enter a large car park where the stadium is.

EXT- STADIUM - DAY
The car stops in front of the large, metal gate of the stadium, the driver opens the window and and looks up at the side of the gate where a guard is stood, apparently to keep watch.

MAN 1
(orders)
Open the gate.

A few seconds later, the gates slowly open, making metallic creaking noises as it does. The car slowly drives in and parks a few feet from the gate as it closes back up. All the occupants in the car get out and JUNE looks around her surroundings, examining the stadium grounds and its inhabitants. ENNIS grabs her arm and nudges her along with him, soon leading her inside the stadium.

INT. STADIUM HALLWAYS - DAY

ENNIS leads JUNE to a room that is located at the end of the hallway and knocks on the door, all while glancing at JUNE occasionally, making JUNE very uncomfortable in the few seconds it took for the door to open, revealing a dark haired, tall woman who offers JUNE a warm smile, who repeats the gesture. The woman's smile slowly disappears as ENNIS begins speaking, his presence clearly bothering her.

ENNIS
You got a roommate.

WOMAN
(witty)
As long as it isn't you then I'm happy.

ENNIS
Touché.

ENNIS harshly nudges JUNE in the doorway, almost into the woman, who frowns at ENNIS for his unnecessary actions.

ENNIS
Hurry up and get settled in. We're going on a run tomorrow.

ENNIS walks away back down the hall and the woman quickly shuts the door, almost as if she is afraid he'd come back, and turns to JUNE and puts her right arm around her in comfort.

WOMAN
Are you okay?

JUNE
Been better.

WOMAN
I get that.

WOMAN
Here, sit down.

She sits JUNE on a bed, acting as if she is a sick patient of some sort, she is that protective. The woman walks towards her bed and sits on it, parallel to the bed JUNE is sitting on.

JUNE
What's your name?

WOMAN
(smiles)
Alanna.

JUNE
(smiles)
June.

ALANNA
Where you from? Before all this?

JUNE
California.

ALANNA
Massachusetts.

JUNE
Never been there.

ALANNA
It's nothing special. Just your average city.

JUNE
(chuckles)
Could say the same.

ALANNA
Do you have any family waiting for you?

JUNE looks at ALANNA for a second then looks down, a little saddened by the subject.

JUNE
No.

ALANNA
Oh, I'm so sorry.

JUNE
It's fine.

After a slight pause, JUNE shakes her head, coming to the reality that she needs to escape sooner or later and stands up.

JUNE
I need to escape.

ALANNA
Wait what?

JUNE
And I need your help.

ALANNA
What's left for you out there?

JUNE
(partially lies)
My daughter is waiting for me. 

ALANNA
You said you had no family waiting for you.

JUNE
I lied. For all I knew you could've
been just like Ennis. But I was
wrong. Just please help me.

ALANNA walks over to JUNE and places her arms on her shoulders.

ALANNA
Listen, this is your home now.
If you play your cards right, you will
return to your daughter. Be patient
and you'll reach your objective.

JUNE takes her words in, knowing she is right. If she tries to outright escape without a plan she'd caught. She nods and slowly walks towards the bed and sits down.

A long pause erupts before ALANNA finally speaks.

ALANNA
We should sleep. Got a long
day tomorrow.

JUNE nods and lays back on the bed, relaxing her body while ALANNA walks over to her he and lays under her blanket. They soon sleep.

FADE TO BLACK

EXT. WOODS - THE NEXT DAY

JUNE and ALANNA walk behind three other men, all armed with a knife and pistols, not wanting to be too close to them. JUNE has started worrying about CHARLIE as they are not too far from the cabin CHARLIE is at. She just hopes that ALEX and MIKA makes it back okay.

ALANNA
You feeling okay?

JUNE
Y-yeah, just a little cold.

ALANNA
Do you wanna take my coat?

JUNE
No, it's fine.

One of the men look back at them and scoff, turning his nose up at them, which ALANNA caught and replied with a frown of her own.

MAN
(annoyed)
Keep up for shit's sake.

ALANNA
Screw you, Edgar.

EDGAR stops and turns around, walking towards ALANNA and squares his face up to hers, trying to be intimidating.

EDGAR
You watch your damn mouth sunshine.
You're lucky you're even getting
anything to eat.

ALANNA sighs and rolls her eyes and tries to walk past EDGAR, who grabs her by her right arm and pulls her back, which annoys JUNE.

JUNE
(defending)
This necessary?

EDGAR'S face turns to JUNE, looking as if he just got insulted.

EDGAR
The hell did you just say to me?

JUNE
I'm saying that this isn't
necessary. She doesn't-

EDGAR
(interrupts)
I'll tell you what's necessary; both of you keeping your mouths shut and doing some actual work.

EDGAR swings his arm and slaps JUNE across the face, making her stumble back slightly in shock. EDGAR looks at her in disgust and scoffs as he walks back towards his men.

EDGAR
(calls out)
Get a move on.

ALANNA rushes to JUNE and cradles her as they both follow the men. As they head on, JUNE turns her head to notice a familiar looking cabin in the distance. Her eyes light up with curiosity as to weather that's the same cabin as CHARLIE'S. She turns her head to see EDGAR and his men walk on, a good distance away.

JUNE
Keep walking, I gotta do something.

ALANNA
What? No, you'll be in trouble.

JUNE
I'll be less than a minute, just go. Now.

ALANNA sighs and reluctantly nods as she slowly walks on, watching as JUNE creeps towards the cabin, taking a couple cans of beans out of her bag and leaving them on the cabin porch. JUNE looks at the door and goes to open it but something inside her stops her from doing so, not wanting to risk the men coming back and taking CHARLIE and her parents into the life she is now in. A tear rolls down her cheek as she walks away from the cabin and back to ALANNA, who nods at her with an assuring smile as they head back to the truck.

INT. STADIUM, ALANNA AND JUNE'S ROOM
The room is lit up with multiple candles, two vultures sat by JUNE and ALANNA holding knives, seeming to dig the sharp edges on the palms of their hands, soon revealing to be a 'V' shape. Both JUNE and ALANNA wince due to the stinging and ongoing pain in their hands.

*TWO MONTHS LATER*

EXT. STADIUM GROUNDS - NIGHT
Over time, JUNE has settled into the life of the Vultures, gaining respect and trust from multiple residents, her friendship with ALANNA blossoms having become closer, often partnering up on runs and having fun on breaks, before and during runs. They are almost like sisters.

However, JUNE also runs the risk of being caught smuggling food outside of the stadium, which she routinely leaves outside of CHARLIE'S cabin door. She never goes inside though in fear that she'd be tempted to stay out longer than necessary, thus risking being caught by the guards.

On the way back from delivering more supplies to CHARLIE, JUNE sneaks back in like normal, through a hidden opening at the back end of the stadium, which she then covers with a hunk of metal junk that blends with the many other metal pieces surrounding it. She quietly makes her to her room and walks inside, carefully shutting the door behind her.

INT. ALANNA AND JUNE'S ROOM - NIGHT

The sight JUNE sees next, is one that she has been dreading to see; upon shutting the door, she turns around to see a dark figure sat on her bed, but it is noticeably not ALANNA.

FIGURE
Late night stroll, was it?

A quiet gasp escapes JUNES mouth as the Male voice speaks, making her panic inside as to what is happening. She recognises the voice to that of ENNIS.

JUNE
(startled)
Y-yeah. Just checking the perimeter.

ENNIS
Is that so?

ENNIS stands up and slowly walks towards JUNE, an uncomfortable feeling sinks inside of her.

ENNIS
I don't suppose this has anything to
do with the supplies that have been
going missing does it?

JUNE'S worst fears are coming true, a shooting pain coarseso through her veins as the reality set in like a heroine needle.

JUNE
What do you mean?-

ENNIS
(interrupts)
I know, June. No need to keep up this charade.

ENNIS
Come with me.

ENNIS, surprisingly calmly, walks past her and opens the door and leads her towards the main hall, JUNE shakily follows him, unaware as to what's going to happen next...

INT. STADIUM HALL - NIGHT
The room is full of vultures, standing around in a circle of some sort, and in that circle, is ALANNA, gagged and on her knees like a torture victim, tears having streamed down her face as she notices JUNE, who starts to tear up at the sight of ALANNA.

JUNE
(worried)
Ennis, w-what's going on?

ENNIS
You see, punishment isn't something
I do often. Mainly because, everyone
respects me. Respects the rules. But you? You
fucked up. And now, it's judgment day.

ENNIS walks inside the circle and next to ALANNA, beckoning JUNE to come fourth, standing meters in front of ALANNA, who desperately looks up at JUNE, screaming harshly into the gag. Tears begin flooding down JUNE'S face.

ENNIS
I've seen how close you to are.

ENNIS takes a pistol from his back buckle and hands it to JUNE, who stares at it in shock and disbelief.

JUNE
(distraught)
No, please. I'm sorry.

ALANNA
June, it's okay. One day, they will pay.

ENNIS just coldly stares at her as she begs, not giving a care in the world. His eyes glance to a vulture member behind her, his head remaining aimed at JUNE. The sound of a shotgun pumping makes JUNE jump a little with fear as the gun presses up against her back.

JUNE slowly takes the gun, her hands shaking rapidly, and looks down at ALANNA'S eyes, both pairs full of fear, tears and sadness. JUNE shakes her head slowly, not wanting to go though what she knows ENNIS wants her to do. Despite the fear being visibly shown through her tearful face and shaking body, ALANNA gives an accepting nod to JUNE, seemingly accepting what needs to happen.

JUNE'S arm shakes like a rattlesnake as it raises slowly to aim at ALANNA'S head, taking one last look at her friend. Despite the gag, ALANNA'S smile could be just slightly seen as JUNE nods before pulling the trigger.

ENNIS' grin spreads devilishly and slowly takes the gun from JUNE, who slumps to the ground and cradles her late best friend's body, sobbing harshly.

FADE TO BLACK

END OF FLASHBACK

INT. CABIN - DAY

JUNE stares blankly at the V carving on her hand, reflecting on how things were before today. The sound of the door slamming open breaks her concentration as she turns her head to the door to see a panting CHARLIE rush in.

NICK walks in from the bathroom and is confused as to why STRAND isn't with her.

NICK
(concerned)
Where's Strand?

CHARLIE is so panicked and out of energy from running that she can barely get her words out properly. NICK walks to her and kneels down at her.

NICK
Charlie, where's Strand?

CHARLIE
They-they took him.

NICK
Who took him?

CHARLIE looks at JUNE, who looks back, knowing who she meant.

JUNE
The vultures.

JUNE
A group I was apart of. Bad people.

JUNE
We'll get him back. Don't worry.

INT. STADIUM CELL
The realisation that STRAND was here made MADISON more hopeful. She walks over to him and hugs him tightly.

STRAND
What are you doing here?

MADISON
Could ask the same. There ain't time for that right now. We need to think of a plan.

ALICIA walks over and hugs STRAND as QALETAQA helps CRAZY DOG over to them. One of the guards take a long look at CRAZY DOG and whispers to the other guard beside him, who then walks away out of the room.

QALETAQA sits CRAZY DOG on the bed in the cell and sits next to him, cradling him with one arm, examining his wounds.

ALICIA smiles at STRAND after their hug and looks at MADISON, who smiles back and hugs her daughter. Suddenly, the irritating sound of the metal door creaking open interrupts the bitter sweet reunion and three men walk inside, ENNIS, MELVIN and CASEY. The guard who walked away previously had brought them here and points at CRAZY DOG.

GUARD
That one.

ENNIS nods and then turns his attention to the group as a whole, putting on a seemingly friendly smile.

ENNIS
Glad to see you're all comfortable.

MADISON
Why are we here? Not exactly a
friendly accommodation.

ENNIS
Well, this is all we have to offer to strangers. We won't exactly give you any better places to stay until we know more about you.

MADISON
What do you wanna know?

ENNIS
Well, we need strong people. People who won't drag us down.

ENNIS' attention turns to CRAZY DOG.

ENNIS
And not all of you fit that criteria.

MADISON looks confused as she frowns slightly and turns to face an injured CRAZY DOG, his state becoming worse. She turns her head back at ENNIS.

MADISON
He's strong. He just needs some medication.

ENNIS
We have some. Just none to spare.

MADISON
What? Why?

ENNIS
We already have a little girl needing paracetamol, we're not going to double the need for medication.

ENNIS turns around and nods at MELVIN, who then takes a step forward and aims his gun at CRAZY DOG, which infuriates QALETAQA when he notices and stands up to defend his friend but stops in his tracks when the guards aim their shotguns at them.

MADISON
(begs)
Wait, please. You don't have to do this.

ENNIS
Yes, unfortunately we do. He's waste of medication. A waste of supplies, that's the sort of shit we don't need right now.

MELVIN clocks the gun, causing QALETAQA to lunge at him, but is grabbed and restrained by two or guards, one of which aims a gun at his head. QALETAQA starts shouting threats, then pleas, desperately trying to persuade them not to take his friend away.

QALETAQA
(shouts and begs)
Don't do this. Please.

MELVN ignores him and aims the gun at CRAZY DOG, who looks at a raging QALETAQA with sorrow but assurance, a small smile on his lips.

QALETAQA
(Angry)
You pull that trigger and I'll kill you.

MADISON
We can work something out.
We'll find our own supplies for him.

QALETAQA
(sobs)
You are my best friend. You are
my family. And I failed you.

QALETAQA
I'm sorry, friend.

CRAZY DOG
(tearfully joking)
You didn't fail me. My leg did.

CRAZY DOG
They will pay, don't worry. You
are a force of nature. I'll guide you
from above.

QALETAQA
(cries)
I love you, Lee.

Despite the anger, tears swell up in QALETAQA'S eyes as MELVIN pulls trigger, ignoring MADISON'S idea and sending CRAZY DOG'S now-lifeless body to the ground.

QALETAQA
(yells)
No.

ALICIA and STRAND watch in shock as MADISON watches in sadness, however not
letting it show as much as ALICIA and QALETAQA.

The guards throw QALETAQA to the ground and walk out the door as QALETAQA slowly crawls to his best friends body, cradling him as tightly as he can.

ENNIS smirks wickedly and orders his men out of the basement and shuts the door, locking it, which makes a loud, creaky bang.

The group look down at their fallen friend, some in shock, others in fear. The only audible sound that is heard, are QALETAQA'S heartbreaking sobs for his best friend.

QALETAQA slowly places his fingers on CRAZY-DOG'S eyes and gently closes his eyes, allowing his fallen friend to rest in peace.

*FADE OUT*

END OF EPISODE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 17 5
❝ "We have to go." Leah grabbed Rachel's wrist as she tugged her towards the street. "This is Eddie." She protested, "We can help him." "This isn't...
2.6K 47 6
She loves in heartbeats, slow and sweet, so sweet, and hard and reckless, and racing and so close, maybe too close. So then running, and reaching and...
29.9K 621 31
Katherine is a 19-year-old, architecture student, who gets stuck, once again, with the Clark family, but this time, the world's ending. TW: a lot of...
55.3K 4.2K 31
Kamille Ali considered herself lucky for being able to find a second family in a world that constantly stole from her. She found a second mother, she...