A Million Stars Apart //Jeggy

By PeGgyThePOet

Peggy is your average 8th grader. She loves the color yellow and she has an amazing squad named the Revolutio... More

||1|| smily face🙂
||2|| Operation Yellow Turtles🐢💛
||3|| Sweet Understanding🎶😊
||3.5 || Suddenly Syrup🥞🍯

||4|| Malls and Disaters

75 2 1
By PeGgyThePOet

Peggy's POV

I woke up cuddled up in someone's arms. I looked up and saw John's face covered in whipped cream. I looked around and saw my sisters, Laff, Heather and Herc laughing as I woke up. I then saw people sleeping with whipped cream covered on there faces. I then realized that I was getting shot with a water gun.

"Sooo, what'd I miss?" John asked as he woke up, and everyone stoped shooting

"Well, you missed a steamy moment. I have it on video, I'll text it to Peggy." Heather replied.

Angelica and Thomas started to blush. I had a feeling something was going on with them. I guess I'll find out later.

Those of us who were sleeping went to eat breakfast. When we were done, everyone who wasn't going to the mall left. After that my sisters and I went to our rooms to get dressed.

I looked for an out that was cute and causal yet a bit different.

I decided to wear this..

I walked out out my room and saw Angelica dressed in this

Eliza was dressed in this..

When we were all ready, Angelica called Martha to pick us all up.

**BEEP**

Angelica's POV

We all rushed to the front as Martha's car pulled up. Peggy to John all the way in the back since there was only room for two people and everyone pushed us there. Alex sat next to Eliza, Herc in betwee annd Laff sat next to Tommy. I sat in the front next to Martha, to tell her all the big news about Operation Yellow Turtles.

I told her about how they made up and everything.

"So, are we still gonna drop them off at Build a Bear?" I asked Martha

"Yea. Anyways how are you doing?" Martha questioned.

"Well, I'm doing pretty good now." I said hesitantly.

We arrived at the mall around 1:30. Martha said she'll be there at 6 to pick us up.
The mall we went to had everything from gift shops to designer stores.

It also had a waterpark and ice skating rink.

"Can we go to Build a Bear first?" I asked everyone. They were all confused on why I wanted to go.

"Why?" Alex asked

"I have my reasons..."

I quickly made a group chat with Eliza, Alex, Herc, Laff, and Thomas explaining everything with Build A Bear. Once we got there, we executed the plan.

"Why don't you guys look around at the little outfits." I suggested as I signaled for everyone to starting running. Then when they were distracted I ran away with the group.

Peggy's POV

For some strange reason Ang wanted to come to Build a Bear.

"Why did Angie wanna come here in the first place?" I asked John

"I don't know. How about we get one each for old times sake?" John asked

"Ok" I replied cheerfully.

We began to pick out the stuffed animal we wanted. Then we got them stuffed. After that we began to pick outfits.

"How about we do a little competition?" I asked John

"I pick out the out for your animal and do the same for mine. Then we'll have the group chose which one's better."

"Ok" He agreed as we scrambled to find an outfit.

I picked out long sleeve with a sweater vest and overalls.

When I was done putting the clothes on the bear, I met up with John at the birth certificate station. I showed him his bear and he showed me mine.

"You did pretty good." John stated

" You did not to bad yourself." I responded smiling as he gave me back my bear.

My bear looked just like Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors. She had dress with a red top and leopard print skirt. There was also a coat to go with the whole outfit.

"Guess what I'm naming my bear?" I asked

"Audrey!" John exclaimed

"How'd you know?

"Well, I know you made mine look like Seymour and I made yours look like Audrey so I knew you'd see the resemblance."

"It really is true that best friends think alike." I smiled.

Just as we paid for our bears, I saw 3 boys walking. They look oddly familiar but I just ignored my gut feeling. I glanced at them one more times when I suddenly caught eyes with the boy wearing a black Champion hoodie.

My gut feeling was right.

Is was James Reynolds with his crew, George Eacker and Charles Lee.

We had to get out of there.

"John let's go." I said rushing out of the store as discreetly as possible.

James must have noticed my plan and started to enter the shop.

"Just keep the change!" I yelled at the lady as dragged John out of the shop.

"What the hell Peg." He fussed.

"We have bigger problems then your $4.38. I made eye contact with Reynolds and now he's after us." I yelled at John.

"Oh shit. We have to hide."

"Hide? We have to go to security!" I screamed

"If this were any other mall that would be an option..." He mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

"What do you mean?"

"Reynolds' dad is the head of security. He won't believe us. Trust me, it's happened to me." I stated.

"Ok then...HIDE" I screamed at John.

We ran around as the Reynolds crew kept chasing us. We couldn't keep running forever. We needed an escape.

I suddenly spot an escalator and formed a plan.

"Follow me" I told John as I ran down the escalator.

John followed be as I headed towards the up escalator on the opposite side of the mall. When we saw it, John and I ran up it. Reynolds was too far away to see us hop on it. When we got off it, we saw Reynolds and his friends going into stores on the lower floor trying to look for us.

"We have to hide somewhere." John told me.

I then spot a place with flashing lights with lit up letters that spell out "Karaoke Kingdom"

"There!" I exclaimed pointing to to Karaoke Kingdom.

"Good idea!"

As we ran in, someone asked us if we would like to join the competition that was starting soon.

"Why not?" I said as I signed up.

"Count me in!" John exclaimed happily.

The lady put our names in a computer and gave us a songbook with a big list of songs to choose from. I looked at all the categories until one caught my eye.

The broadway category.

"Look!" I showed John the big list of broadway songs. I ended up picking Freeze Your Brain while John picked Words Fail.

We signed up close to last so we were going to be one of the last people to sing. As we watched other contestants I couldn't help but wonder what everyone is was up to.

Eliza's POV

Right after we left John and Peggy, we went shopping all over the mall. Ang and Thomas in front of us talking.

"How about we leave them somewhere?" I whispered to Alex.

"Good idea. Where though?"

"Lush!" I accidentally yelled.

"Lush!" Ang screamed in excitement.

"Yep!"

We kept walking until we found Lush.

"Oooooo what's that?" Alex asked, pointing to the pool of water.

I explained to him that there was a bath bomb is the water and you can put your hands in it.

"Smell your hands." I told him.

Just when I said that, I saw Ang and Thomas looking around at the back of the store. It was time. I gathered Laff, Herc and Alex as I told them the plan.

We all ran out as Ang and Thomas were talking, blind to the fact that we were leaving.

"Where should we go?" Laff asked

"How about Hollister?" I asked.

"Ok!" Everyone said at the same time.

As we were walking to Hollister I saw a pack of 3 teen boys chasing two other teens. The three boys look familiar. We all gave each other a confused look as we walked inside of Hollister.

About 15 minutes later

I came out of the store, I had about ten big Hollister bags in my hands. The kids from earlier were surrounding a girl who looked as if she was no more then 13 or 14.

"Hold my bags." I told Alex as I walked towards the problem

"Eliza wait-" Alex yelled as he tried to get me to back down.

Alex's yelling caused the kid in a black hoodie to turn around. As we made eye contact I instantly knew who it was.

James Reynolds.

Known to everyone as just Reynolds.

"What the hell are you doing Reynolds?" I asked furiously

"It's actually James-"

"I don't care who you are. Answer my question. What the hell are you doing?"

"I was just asking Audrey over here if she knew where your sister and her boyfriend are."

It then occurred to me that the two teens they were chasing were John and Peggy. I couldn't let him find them.

"Get the hell out." I screamed causing people to look at us.

I caught the attention of two security guards walking by.

"Excuse me!" I yelled out.

They came towards each and I told them all about what happened. They were instantly in denial saying Reynolds wouldn't do anything like that.

"And besides you don't even have proof." The guards snickered

"Actually, I do!" Herc yelled.

Herc showed all the footage and sure enough, they kicked Reynolds and his crew out.

"Thank you so much." Audrey said, as tears came out of her eyes.

"You don't have to thank us. We were just doing the right thing." I stated.

She gave me a hug as I heard her sniffle.

"Hey! Would you like to hang out with us?" I asked.

"Ok sure!" She replied.

"So what are you looking for?" I asked Audrey.

"Mostly fabrics and a new sewing machine."

"That's so cool! Herc has like a million sewing machines."

"What did you say? All I heard was Herc and has." Herc commented.

"I was just telling Audrey how you both like sewing."

They started to talk to each other as we all kept walking behind them.

I just wondered were exactly Peggy and John ran to...

John's POV

I was waiting to be called up. After Peggy get called up to sing, I'll have to as well. I love singing in front of people and all, but sometimes I just get a bit nervous. My nerves were starting to get the best of me. I felt my throat staring to get dry as the singer onstage was about to end the song.

"Peggy!" The announcer called out.

Peggy walked onto the stage with a microphone in her hand. It happened to be yellow.

"Were did she get a yellow microphone?" I wondered as she introduced herself to the audience.

"Hi, I'm Peggy! I know it says on the Karaoke log that I'm singing Freeze Your Brain but I changed my song to Somewhere That's Green."

The audience started to clap. They knew how hard the song was to sing. The clapping died down as the music began to play.

A/N- you can skip the songs in this chapter cuz their not that
important but you want to...

Sing Along!!

Back to the story..

~~~~~^^~~~~~

I know Seymour's the greatest
But I'm dating a semi-sadist
So I've got a black eye
And my arm's in a cast.

Still, that Seymour's a cutie 
Well, if not, he's got inner beauty
And I dream of a place where we could be together at last

A matchbox of our own, a fence of real chain link,
A grill out on the patio disposal in the sink
A washer and a dryer and an ironing machine
In a tract house that we share somewhere that's green

He rakes and trims the grass
He loves to mow and weed
I cook like Betty Crocker and I look like Donna Reed
There's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean
In the Pine-Sol scented air
Somewhere that's green

Between our frozen dinner and our bedtime, nine-fifteen
We snuggle watchin' Lucy
On our big, enormous twelve-inch screen

I'm his December Bride
He's Father, he Knows Best
Our kids play Howdy Doody as the sun sets in the west

A picture out of Better Homes and Gardens magazine

Far from Skid Row
I dream we'll go

Somewhat That's Green...

~~~~~^^~~~~~

As soon as the song ended the whole crowd went crazy. I knew for sure she was gonna win.

"Good job Peg!" I said congratulating her.

"Wow! That was amazing!" The announcer said shocked.

"Next up is...... John Laurens!" I heard the voice say.

I guess it was now or never.
"I'm John, and today I'm gonna be singing For Forever instead of Words Fail." I said as

A/N- just look at the last 3 lines of For Forever. Their a bit important!
But sing along if u want!!
~~~~~^^~~~~~

End of May or early June
This picture-perfect afternoon we shared

Drive the winding country road
Grab a scoop at À La Mode
And then we're there

An open field that's framed with trees
We pick a spot and shoot the breeze like buddies do
Quoting songs by our favorite bands
Telling jokes no one understand except us two
And we talk and take in the view

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way
Two friends on a perfect day

We walk a while and talk about
The things we'll do when we get out of school

Bike the Appalachian trail or write a book or learn to sail
Wouldn't that be cool?

There's nothing that we can't discuss
Like girls we wish would notice us but never do
He looks around and says to me
"There's nowhere else I'd rather be"
And I say, "me too"

And we talk and take in the view
We just talk and take in the view

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever

Feels like we could go on for forever this way, this way
All we see is light for forever
'Cause the sun shines bright for forever
Like we'll be alright for forever this way

Two friends on a perfect day
And there he goes
Racing toward the tallest tree
From far across the yellow field I hear him calling, "follow me" there we go

Wondering how the world might look from up so high
One foot after the other
One branch then to another
I climb higher and higher
I climb 'til the entire
Sun shines on my face

And I suddenly feel the branch give way
I'm on the ground
My arm goes numb, I look around
And I see him come to get me
He's come to get me
And everything's okay

All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Buddy, you and I for forever this way, this way

All we see is light
'Cause the sun burns bright
We could be alright for forever this way

Two friends
True friends

On a perfect day

~~~~~^^~~~~~

Wow. I did it! I sang in front all these people and I did amazing!

I quickly got off stage for the next person to get on.

I heard loud clapping and huge roars.

"We could be all right for forever this way" I sung quietly as a glanced at Peggy.

"Two friends. True friends. On a perfect day."

2603 words

A/N- I told you they'll be new characters! Also there will be a bit of a karaoke surprise next chapter so stay tuned!! Hope you all enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.4K 16
You met Lin at "Hamilton" auditions, and since then, you've had a huge crush at him. Then, you're introduced to your best friend's new boyfriend... a...
6.2K 486 30
Being immortal always sounds like a cool idea at first. Dying and being reincarnated with all of your memories sounds twice as cool. However, after s...
8.2K 249 14
Based on a true story: It's painful, Painful falling in love with your best friend. What can you do? What happens if your friendship is ruined? There...
5.1K 341 24
WARNING!!! I wrote this when I was 12, so please here that in mind as you continue😂🙏 ----- [COMPLETED] Life is unpredictable; we can all relate to...