Better With You ✔️

By astralxx

He already seemed to like her. She seemed different. Her soft eyes, warm smile, hearty laugh, rosy cheeks, he... More

1. The Other Option
2. The Event
3. Liking it all
4. Don't Make Me Say It
5. Amidst the Morning Dew
6. Brewing
7. The Correct Question
8. The 73 Questions
9. A not-a-date date!
10. Blush Crimson
11. Again Already?
12. Just Perfect.
13. The Proposal?
14. Strawberries and Cigarettes.
15. Paying Attention.
16. Unpredictable!
17. Left behind.
18. Twinkling.
19. Such a happy girl!
20. Gang-ed up.
21. Coloured in embarressment!
22. Too confusing.
23. Twinning
24. Bullshit.
25. Baby
26. One down, many to go!
27. Past?
28. Memories in a box
29. Storms
30. Could he?
31. Irrational.
32. Unlikely.
33. Try
34. Tom and jerry
35. Yet
36. Perks.
37. Unseen
38. Rollercosters
39. Hmh
41. Married.
42. New starts
43. Ready?
44. Break.
45. Annoyed
46. Complete
47. I dare you
48. Such babies
49. Limelight stealer.
50. Finally.
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

40. Can't wait

1.9K 96 16
By astralxx

aisha's pov

Time passed quickly with all the celebrations and rasams. Bhai and Aneesha got married yesterday. It was a beautiful ceremony. They had a night wedding. Dimly lit with diyas and the pathway, strewn with rose petals. A beautiful lahenga and pretty jewellery and simple Aneesha lit up the whole Hall when she walked down.

It was surreal to see my deserving brother this happy. My heart swelled with happiness and I wondered how dad must feel without mom at such a time. I stood next to him at all times, smiling at him, reassuring him and making sure he was alright. I knew his heart ached a little even after such long years passed away, but he put up a brave front being both, our father and our mother. He never remarried. Not because of us, but actually because he never got anyone who he thought was deserving enough to replace our mother. His beautiful wife.

I don't think he'll ever find someone fitting his criteria.
I know he realises that too. He doesn't seem to mind it though.

....

kabir's pov.

aisha and I had planned to stay an extra 2 days just to chill out, relax. We needed a break from things around and the fact that I will have to travel for cricket in 10 days, we needed some time alone.

It certainly would be difficult to stay without aisha since I had been with her too much these days. I was used to waking up to her, used to her red nose when she constantly sneezed to due to a little chill in the air, used to her constant "I am hungry" mood. Just...used to her.

aisha told me that she wanted to visit this garden nearby in the evening. I had agreed to meet her there. She told me she would reach there directly from the airport after dropping everyone there. I wasn't planning on going to the airport since I wanted to use the gym for a while today.

I had just gotten ready in my casuals when I received a text from aish;

"Meet me there in formals. Following evening dress codes. It's stupid. I know. But the place is gorgeous so it doesn't matter. Sending you the location. Also, I really feel like kissing you so get your lips here soon"

I smiled at her message and laughed a little and the next second, I cried a little.

Change karna padega? Nahi karnaaaa.
I changed nevertheless.
Sorry but my girlfriend can be scary, I could be dead.

...

aisha's pov.

Slipping into a mustard wrap around dress with thin gold necklaces just for a little sparkle, I tied my hair into a rough bun and fit into heels. I was in the washroom in the garden building. The whole garden was booked out for kabir and I. It cost me, but nothing I couldn't do to make our day special.

The garden was dimly decorated with candles. It was beautiful without any decorations otherwise. Just a wooden table, two chairs, wine and food. And Of course, the ring I took back from kabir's mother for today. I just told her that kabir asked me to get it from her and she silently obliged, trying her best to hide her disappointment of me saying no for.. my sake. Probably kabir's sake but I could wonder.

Now I just waited for kabir to come.

...

After about 10 minutes I heard kabir's formal shoes click and see the small torch light of his phone give him light, enough for him to lead his way towards the main area. His eyes landed on mine and I smiled brightly. I waved like a schoolgirl who saw her crush and my bright one, waved back.

"Hi cutie" I chirped

"Hi hottie!" He chirped.

I grabbed him by his tie and pulled him to myself. I lightly pecked his lips and let go.

He looked around, soaking himself in the beauty of the place and said to me, "Wow. Itni romantic? Tum?"

"Why? You don't like it?" I challenged.

"I love it. But it's unusual" he said, slowly. Weighing his words wisely.

"Hmm. Bizarre." I said out of no where. I was nervous. Sorry.

"Are you fine?" He laughed. "Did you drink a little before I came?" He laughed again in his own stupid joke.

"No!" I said, confused. "Why do you ask?"

"You seem so.... free"

I smirked at him and walked towards him. Slowly.
I bent forward and whispered into his ears;
"Do you need some help to lighten up too?"
I looked into his eyes and saw him taken aback. Okay. I agree I'm never like this, virs the one who is the playful one in the relationship, I play the dumb ones character.

Our breaths mingled as I came closer to him to kiss him. I saw him waiting in anticipation but, I didn't want to satisfy him just yet. I pulled away.

"Anyway. Let's have some wine. Challo."

He looked annoyed but nevertheless followed me for some wine.
I really wanted to annoy him before I gave him the satisfaction of marrying me. *evil laugh*

I poured him some wine as I felt his eyes on me. Looking, staring, smiling.
Other than sitting on my chair, I sat on keeshu's lap very unexpectedly.

"aisha. I know what you are trying to do. Stop trying to frustrate me please." He said in a calm voice.

"What am I doing?" I asked innocently and moved a little making myself comfortable but kabir really uncomfortable at the same time.

"Okay aisha. No. Bye. Sit there." He laughed it off.

I got up laughing and went and sat on the chair opposite. We spoke and laughed and relived memories all in those few hours. And when finished eating our street hamburgers and fries, we got up to talk a walk.

I walked to him, slipping into my seducing mode. "You have something on your lip."
Letting you on a secret: there was nothing.

But he knew that. He was learning. He held my hand which I had extended to touch his lips and held it behind my back and hugged me form the back.

I squealed at the sudden change of events as I felt his hot breath on my bare shoulder. He trailed his kisses to my jaw and turned me to face him. He lightly kissed me bellow my lips and I, totally absorbed didn't realise what he was doing.

When I felt nothing I opened my eyes to see what went wrong when I saw kabir smirk at me.

"Don't play with fire aish. Walk."

I imitated, " don't play with fire aish. Walk!"

"Did you say something?"

"I wouldn't dare Mr. ahuja" I said with sarcasm dripping from my tone.

....

We walked to a beautiful spot where I suddenly felt the urgent need to tell him. The spot was perfect and so I stopped kabir but before I could do something he said, " baby I'm in no mood to be teased."

"Shut up and listen to me duffer." I said annoyed. Sorry but I was nervous. I didn't have time to argue.

He pouted and I smiled at his actions.
" okay. Just know, that this is difficult for me. I'm nervous."

"Are you pregnant?" He asked me with a straight face.

"Whatt?" I questioned sharply. "NOO"

"Then?"

" just...listen. kabir, I'm going to keep this real short. I'm bad at speeches. I love you vir. You mean the world to me. I know when you proposed, I said no. I said I wasn't ready because I was insecure. But keeshu, I want to figure this out with you. I didn't give you a chance to explain or prove ourselves to me. I know we are fucking great together. So, just know I'm saying this without any influence on me. No one said shit to me and no one forced me. I say this because I mean it. I say it because I am in love with you Kabir Ahuja and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, marry me?" I bent down and held my ring to him and asked, "Help me wear this ring? Again?"

"Aisha...is this what YOU want? Or what people around you want? Because I refuse to marry a girl who doesn't want to marry me for love."

"I want to marry you for love, for our friendship, for our amazing food eating sessions, our mind blowing sex.... and the huge amount of bank balance you have" i laughed as I added the last bit.

"Sure sure. As if you'll ever use my money."

"Marry me and you'll see. I dare you." I challenged.

" I fucking accept" I laughed as he picked me and twirled me with happiness and finally, gave me a toe curling kiss.

...

Back at the hotel, I uploaded a picture making everything official and aisha followed my trend. And....it was done. Official. Engaged. In love. My heart didn't feel heavy like I thought it would. It felt light and happy. Was it the wine? I don't think so. Was it kabir. Hmh. Probably Correct!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733K 27.7K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
2.5M 39.8K 44
[Highest Rank : #1 in Romance] I love you Naina, you are my best friend....Any Guy would be lucky to have you as his life partner..... But I can't ma...
911 60 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...
227K 10.6K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...