The Bet || l.h.

By ghostofyou1996

One bet. One month. One mistake. How far is too far? ((Completed)) Highest rankings: #1 in 5secondsofsummer #... More

- Introduction -
- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 10 -
- 11 -
- 12-
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- Author's Note -

- 20 -

4K 59 16
By ghostofyou1996

"Hey, wanna do something tonight?" Lindsay asks as we gather things to head to lunch.

I wrinkle my nose. Luke had texted me this morning saying he had somewhere he wanted to take me after school. "I can't, sorry. Rain check?"

Lindsay scoffs as we stop at her locker. "You're too busy, Emmy. What are you always off doing?"

I blush, remembering the feel of Luke's hands gliding over my skin. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"You'd be surprised."

I stuff my things in my locker, smiling as Calum passes us in the hall, giving me a big smile and a nod. I wave back as he disappears around the corner. It's weird, hanging out with the four biggest fuckboys in school. Every girl has their eyes set on these seniors and I get to know them the way they never will.

"Are you free tomorrow, then? If you're busy tonight?" Lindsay looks at me as if daring me to blow her off again.

I pick at a scab on my wrist. "I should be. What do you have in mind?"

She just grins. "It's a surprise."

I groan. "No, please, no more parties. And no strip clubs," I add, seeing the look in her eyes.

She scowls. "C'mon, you can't limit me like this! I need my possibilities!"

"Find your possibilities somewhere else. Preferably in a library."

We take a seat at our normal table.

Natalie smiles, offering me some of her chips seeing that I forgot my lunch today and I'm not desperate enough to go buy food today. Cafeteria food is sketchy.

"You guys down for something tomorrow?" Lindsay asks the rest of our friends, placing her hands on the table while her eyes sparkle with mischief. "Even Emmy's already agreed to do something with us and put off her busy schedule."

I roll my eyes, used to her drama by now.

Kayla frowns as she pushes her ranch around with a carrot. "I was supposed to go on a date with Ethan..."

"He'll be fine for one night," Linsay says, admiring one of her acrylic nails. "Come on, it'll be fun. Maybe you'll find someone hotter than boring old Ethan."

Kayla opens her mouth to defend her boyfriend when a movement over my shoulder distracts her.

"Hey," a familiar voice says in my ear, arms going around my waist.

"You're back!" I exclaim excitedly, jumping up and into Luke's arms.

After hanging out in Cal's basement, he decided to put off school a couple of days since he started experiencing a couple withdrawal symptoms not too long after I left. He didn't let me come over to see him no matter how much I protested, saying that he didn't want me to see him like that.

"I couldn't just leave you for any other guy to steal," he teases, tilting my face up to his, pressing our lips together.

I kiss him back, oblivious to the dozens of eyes I can feel glued to my back, wondering what I had done to earn his affection. I don't care about any of them. I'm just glad he's here. All week's been miserable, looking over at his empty table.

My friends' eyes look like they're about to fall out on the table.

I blush, ducking my head. 

The truth of where I've been these past few days is clear now. Lindsay gives me an appreciative look as she slides over a seat to give Luke somewhere to sit. He flashes her a smile as he sits, dragging my chair closer to his.

"Do we get to ask any questions?" Lindsay says with a smirk as she notices Luke's hand resting on my thigh. My blush darkens.

"Ask away, Martin," Luke says, a crooked grin on his face.

Lindsay doesn't react to her last name, leaning forward, her eyes flickering over both of us. "What the fuck is going on? You two? No offense, but you're like the last couple I would expect."

Luke's smile doesn't falter. "It's quite simple, actually. Who doesn't want a piece of me?"

I roll my eyes, shoving his shoulder playfully.

He just laughs. "I'm kidding. It happened because I'm persistent and have amazingly rugged good-looks."

Natalie snorts, blushing when Luke turns his smile in her direction.

"So this is why you've been blowing us off," Lindsay says. "You're forgiven now, Emmy, I understand why now. Although you're still welcome to leave your hottie boyfriend and come hang out with your best friends today."

Luke wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling his head in the space between my neck and shoulder. "No, she's mine," he whines.

"Oh, yeah cuz you have so many important things to do this afternoon. Like breaking the bed," Kayla says, causing Lindsay to erupt in a round of snickers.

My face heats up and I hide behind Luke's shoulder.

"Laugh all you want," he says with a smile, taking a chip from the pile Natalie gave me. "You all wish you were in Emmy's place."

Natalie's eyes glitter. "How do you know it's not your place we wish we were in?"

Luke nearly chokes on the chip, sending us into another round of laughter.

"Watch out or we may just take your girl," Natalie continues, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

I lean against Luke, finding it hard to breathe through the giggles. I thought introducing him to my friends was going to be a shitshow, but he's more charming than I gave him credit for. Maybe this is going to work after all.

"If that's the case then I guess I better keep her close to me," Luke says playfully. He gets to his feet, grinning mischieviously as he tugs me after him toward the cafeteria's exit.

"Luke, class starts in twenty minutes!" I hiss as he leads me down the hallway, locking the door to the empty classroom we just slipped into behind him.

"We've got plenty of time," he mutters.

His mouth crashes against mine and all my protests die on my lips as I tug him closer. He smirks against me as we stumble back to one of the desks set up in the middle of the classroom. 

Luke's hands move behind my back to gently lay me down on the desk, his hands sliding to my hips. They grip me tight enough for me to feel pressure but not tight enough to hurt.

"Is this a sneak preview into what you have planned for tonight?" I murmur as trail kisses along the underside of his jaw, slipping down his neck.

He moans softly as I start sucking at his collarbone. "No, but I'm seriously starting to rethink my plan."

I chuckle as he pulls my lips back up to his. 

My legs wrap around his waist, holding him close as he slips his tongue into my mouth, running the tip of it over my bottom lip just because he knows how crazy it drives me.

Luke's hand slides underneath the hem of my shirt and I tense as he starts to tug it upward. "What?" he frowns against my mouth. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I just... I don't want to disappoint you," I whisper, hiding my face from him.

His hand under my chin forces me to look up at him. "You could never disappoint me, Emmy. I don't care how skinny you are or whether you know how to do blowjobs. You never have to apologize to me for any of that."

A tear slips down my cheek and he wipes it away with his thumb, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I draw his mouth back to mine, our kisses sloppier and more desperate. I can't get enough of him and I don't think I ever will.

This time when his hand hovers uncertainly by the edge of my shirt, I guide his fingers to grip it, helping him pull it over my head. His gaze flickers all over my exposed torso, but he doesn't make me feel the urge to cover up.

"You're beautiful just the way you are," he mutters as he kisses me again with renewed passion. His lips slip down my neck and over my collarbone to kiss a line up my stomach, his touch gentle and sweet.

My fingers tangle in his hair as I grip him closer. Neither of us hear the lock slide into place until the door's being flung open, light spilling into the dark classroom.

"What are you doing in here?!" a teacher nearly screeches.

"Shit, run!" Luke presses my shirt into my hands and I pull it back on as we run past the surprised teacher and down the hallway, his hand grabbing mine to pull me along after him.

We come to a stop around the corner, panting as we lean against the lockers.

Luke starts laughing.

I shove his shoulder, scowling. "It's not funny!"

"It's a little funny," he says, shifting to face me. "Come on, I know you wanna laugh too."

I crack a little smile, shaking my head from side to side. "You're infuriating."

"But you're still here for more," he observes, drawing me in for another kiss.

"A poor decision on my part," I tease.

He hums his agreement as he tugs me closer. 

A/N:

Double update, what?!!

You're probably sick of me by now but whatever, deal with it ;)

This is thanks for being fucking amazing!! <33

- A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 294 27
"All of my wrongs, they led me right to you." ••••• When someone else's mistake turns out to be exactly what they both never knew they needed. Compl...
1.2K 117 19
48.2K 866 110
✧    ⋆    · * . · .     *        .          * .     . ·  .   ·     .           *  ·       . ·   · +  .        · ** ˚          ..   . .       · +...