Just Another Game World

By BlackRecluse

After a mistake of sorts in trying to manipulate spatial magic, a special talisman that gives unimaginable po... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

19 3 0
By BlackRecluse

In the Castle, the queen had begun her labor in giving birth. Struggling on the bed, unsettling grunts came out of her mouth as the king held her hand, trying to calm her down.

The Legendary Talisman! Give it to me! the king blurted out to the priest in panic.

Yes, your highness. The priest remained calm and walked briskly towards the king, the red paper talisman on his hand.

As the talisman touched the hands of the king, a swirling portal opened on the other side of the room, leaving everybody else in shock. From the portal, a purple haired woman, wearing black overalls, came. And in a flash, she took the talisman and held it stylishly between two fingers.

Tempora! How dare you! the king raged. As he swiftly engaged the woman in battle.

Tempora frowned, Your highness. This will be your payment for exiling our tribe. Goodbye.

As she prepared to exit, the portal suddenly shook and began rapidly changing its colors. The woman tried to dive but as she touched the portal, she was repelled by it. The force was so strong that it knocked both her and the King away. The talisman in her hands was gone. As it was drifting slowly to the portal.

Only the crackling sound of the portal can be heard. As no one dared to speak nor move as they watched the talisman dance in the air, only for it to finally enter the portal.

No!

The alarm rang, waking a dark-haired boy up. He was average in height and is not very muscular. Just your average teen.

He grunted as he reached for the alarm. Gods, who set this alarm? he whispered.

He shut the noise down and he sat on his bed. Its Saturday. He mumbled, still groggy.

As he prepared to stand up, a red piece of paper suddenly appeared in the middle of the room.

What the hell? Jaden looked around, checking if someone pranked him so early in the morning. Seeing no one, he went and picked up the paper.

Its a custom character pass. Jaden chuckled slightly, What a silly prank. So early in the morning. He thought.

He sighed deeply and tore the paper into two.

One Custom Character Creation Pass used. Now initiating process. A voice rang in Jadens mind, leaving his eyes wide open. Still trying to find where the voice came from, the world began to flicker.

He panicked as he tried to open the door of his room.

Hey! he shouted. Help!

Seconds later, everything had flickered into nothing.

Jaden cant believe his eyes and all hope had left him. But then in that void, a blue interface appeared. It showed a full-body figure of Jaden, with the word Jaden on top. Next to it was six status values—Vitality, Dexterity, Strength, Mentality, Intelligence, and Resilience. And it all came with arrows on its left and right.

Jaden was still down, and still hasnt thought of a way to go back home, so he tried touching the buttons. He touched one and it had reacted accordingly. Immediately after, he tried to find an exit button.

Fortunately, he found one. Unfortunately, it doesnt work.

He sighed and gave the interface a tired stare. What the hell is all this?

He just went and followed the interface. He maxed out on all the stats and gave himself 99999 skill points—which was the maximum number of skill points one can have. Then finally, he clicked on Create.

The darkness began to flicker, and it began to show the world. Jaden was relieved by seeing this. Hed finally be done. The place was creepy anyway.

But to his surprise, he was up in the sky, falling. As he realized this, he decided to shout. What the fricking hell is this?!

As the grassy ground neared, he just stayed still. He was beginning to accept that he was gonna die.

He finally slammed into the ground. And he shouted as a reflex, but to his surprise, he wasnt damaged at all. No wounds, no scratches.

He was finally gonna be happy but then a white giant bull came running to him. Obviously, it wanted to kill Jaden.

Fucking luck. Jaden grunted as he stood up and prepared to run. But before he could, the beasts horns rammed into his back. Jaden was sent flying across the land, ruining the grass. It was painful, yet it lasted for only a minute, and though he was bruised badly, he quickly regenerated. He breathed in deep, prepared to die in the hooves of what seemed like a bull, but as he looked at the bull, it was barely breathing, with its head caved in slightly.

Wha--? Jaden was very confused. Did I do that?

Berserk Creature: Iron-Horned Bull killed. Bestial Armament acquired. Eat its meat to gain 1 to 10 Berserk Stat Points. A voice rang through his head, it was the same voice earlier.

As he heard that voice, his stomach rumbled.

Im hungry.

Jaden stood up and shook the dirt off his body. He went near the bull and tried to pinch its body.

Its surprisingly tender. I guess I really can eat it. He then thought of a way on how to bring it with him. Then suddenly, he remembered his stats. I should be strong, right? He asked himself as he tried to lift the body of the creature. He was expecting that he really would be able to lift it but when he did lift it, it still shocked him.

Im going to make barbecue out of this creature. Jaden began walking to a clearing.

As he decided on where to eat, he suddenly thought, How am I supposed to make barbecue without a knife? He then gave up the thought of making barbecue. Thats when he realized, This place is like a game. So where is my inventory? Maybe theres some kind of gesture or something?

He did all silly gestures and finally opened the interface. He had to make an opening gesture with one hand, and that made the interface appear, hovering in front of Jadens eyes.

Im Jaden, alright. He thought. Im at level 1. I have four stats, Classic Stat Points, Advanced Stat Points, Berserk Stat Points and Sacred Stat Points. He tried to find any skills in the interface but he found none. He was about to complain when he found a tab.

Bestial Armaments? What are they? Jaden thought out loud.

Bestial Armaments are gears conveniently available for use. There are many types of Bestial Armaments—Blade, Blunt, Defense, Shapeshifting, Pet, and many more. The System, which was what Jaden decided to call the voice, informed him.

Jaden thought of using his newly gained Armament. And immediately, a white-hilted dagger about 1 foot long appeared on his hands. Then he heard the Systems Announcement play, Bestial Armament Type: Blade. Special Ability: Knock

Cool Jaden was shocked, But what does Knock mean?. He tried swinging and fiddling with it but sadly, he knew nothing about sword skills. He had ended up using it to cut the body of the bull. He was still a teenager though, so he didnt really like to butcher something. He just cut off the four limbs of the bull, and then he threw the rest away.

He then started a fire, which was an easy task since he had great strength. And soon, the smell of newly roasted meat wafted through the air.

Gods, it does taste good! Jaden exclaimed. He hasnt put any kind of seasoning either. He just put it over fire and he still got a tasty treat. Then he heard the Systems Announcement play after a few bites, Meat of Berserk Creature consumed, One Berserk Stat Point added.

As he was enjoying the meal, a man clad in armor revealed himself in the woods. He looked buff, but it was clear that he is exhausted.

Hey, kid. Share some of that meat to me, will you? If you do, then I will safely escort you to Gala. The man said while eyeing the remaining limbs of meat neatly stacked on a stone beside Jaden. He tried to assert dominance but he's just too hungry.

Dont want to. Jaden snorted, still focused on eating. If you want though, you can have the meat right there. Jaden pointed on the direction where he left the torso of the bull. As the mans eyes fell on the body. I can share the fire though.

What the hell?! the man was surprised. The Iron-Horned Bull is dead?!

He then noticed that the limbs of the bull were missing. The guy ended up thinking that what Jaden was eating was the limbs of the bull.

Kid, you couldnt have killed this beast, have you? the man asked.

Jaden thought for a moment on how he should prove it.

Look at this bestial armament. Jaden summoned the dagger, glinting under the sunset sky.

Could it have been luck? Well, most probably, its luck. The man concluded, drawingimmediately proceeding to attack Jaden.

Jaden was surprised. He tried to block the attack with his arms.

Heh. All that meat will be mine! the man smirked in victory as the sword neared Jaden. Dodging was seemingly impossible.

Clang!

The sword clashed against Jadens arms, and Jaden seemed to take no damage. On the other hand, the sword had a dent.

What the fuck are you?! the man roared.

Although Jaden was not a fighter, he at least knew how to punch. So he swiftly made his way to the man and punched it in the gut. The man did not fly away, he just laid there on Jayden, unconscious.

Im sure of one thing. Jaden said. Im a strong guy.

He put the body on the ground and he left the mans sword beside him.

I need to find a populated place. Jaden said.

He ran towards the tallest tree in the woods and began climbing it, so as to get a better view on his surroundings. He was unable to see anything resembling a city though. So he just chose a direction and went along with it. Hes strong anyways so there is nothing to fear.

He was in some kind of forest with a really thick foliage, it made the ambiance go dark. Then he heard a low growling sound. He didnt care at first but when it attacked, he had acquired his very first wound. Just three little bleeding scratches on his cheeks. He instantly regenerated though.

It was a black wolf with purple eyes. It certainly looked ominous.

Jaden dashed towards the creature and punched it on the face. The wolf immediately went limp as the force propelled him towards a tree.

Advanced Creature: Shadow Wolf killed. No Bestial Armament gained. Eat its meat to gain 1 to 10 Advanced stat points randomly.

Anything higher than advanced could hurt me. I should be more careful. Jaden thought. Just as he began continuing his stroll, a shrill howl sounded through the forest. Jaden had no combat experience so he just began running. But the creature immediately caught up with Jaden.

Unlike the first wolf, this wolf looked bigger and had glowing purple eyes.

It looks like that Shadow Wolf earlier. Jaden thought. But I know this guy right here is stronger.

He immediately stopped and intercepted the furry threat, making it stop, as well. Jaden summoned his Iron-Horned Dagger and sprinted towards the wolf. The wolf growled as it sprinted towards Jaden.

They went by each other as they dealt their attacks.

Jaden ending up with three long cuts on his sides and the wolf having one deep cut across its neck.

Damn. This hurts. He said as he heard the Systems Announcement play. Berserk Creature: Shadow Wolf killed. Bestial Armament acquired. Eat its meat to gain 1 to 10 Berserk Stat Points.

Jaden was amazed by the sharpness of the knife and its durability. And so, he immediately thought of summoning his newly acquired armament.

Bestial Armament Type: Cloak. Special Ability: Nights Blessing.

The cloak was colored dark purple in the interior and black on the exterior. It also had the fur of the shadow wolves around his neck. Jadens eyes lit up with excitement, Cool.

He continued walking and was surprised to see that his footsteps arent making any sound. He also freaked out when he didnt see his own body.

Is it because its dark in this forest? Jaden thought.

He confirmed his suspicions when he went out of the forest and the sunlight perfectly illuminated him. His footsteps became audible and he can see his body clearly again now. He was thrilled by the ability the cloak gave him. When dark, his presence becomes masked.

While being amused by his gear, he suddenly saw a large city just below the hill hes standing on.

Fully healed from his injuries, he rejoiced.

Damn, I wasnt supposed to be this excited!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 5.9K 118
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
32.1K 2.5K 42
The world has changed-forever. Still adjusting to their new lives, our heroes will have to uncover a dark conspiracy lurking in the shadows. ...
35K 1.1K 23
Reincarnated in Another World With the Ability to Create a Modern Country Dariel a senior high school student who died because of a traffic accident...
274 126 17
Almost a millenium ago, the dear world we live in was almost destroyed when the superhumans we call "zegens" created a creature too powerful for them...