Running The Streets

By misha_writes

Sammad Khatri was more than just your neighborhood dealer, he had people eating from the palm of his hands bu... More

COPYRIGHTS
Acknowledgments
Character list (NEWLY UPDATED)
Prolouge
(1) - Rehab
(2) - Nobody's Favorite
(3) - He Who Plays With Guns
(4) - The Request
(5) - A True Leader
(6) - Stomping Grounds
(7) - It Takes A Fool
(8) - Old Sammad
(9) - The Escapee
(10) - Five letter word
(11) - The Rightful Leader
(12) - Cut Throat
(14) - The One Who Made It All Happen
(15) - The Ex
(16)- Executive Decision
(17)- Can't be Broken
(18) - Jackpot!
(19)- Mob Ties
Discussion post!!
(20)- Wounds
(21) - Get You
(22)- Savage
This is the last time...
(23)- Tried It
(24)- Refund
(25)- You Don't Own Me
(26) - Unchained
So yeah...
(27) - Blackout
And the winner is....
Switching it up
(28)- Hostage
(29) - The MasterPlan

(13) - One That Got Away

3.1K 249 223
By misha_writes

I huffed as I looked over at the lake already pissed that Aashi brought the bitch here. I didn't want her around, nor did I want to speak her name. Aashi didn't even barely say a word to me and it was best that she didn't cause I was definitely mad at her because she concocted this whole plan to bring the bitch who fucked up my life like this.

"Continuing to have angry thoughts will just make it worse," a voice said instantly, taking my mind off of the situation just for a while.

I continued to look at the lake trying to get rid of the nagging voice that was giving me a massive headache.

She placed her hand on top of mine; it was soft and silky compared to my dull and dry hands. It instantly put me at ease. The voices stopped, and the anger subsided just for the moment, making me turn to her.

Her skin was slightly dull but still had a glow to it, she gave me the warmest smile. Her skin was a soft caramel tone, and I instantly got caught in her brown eyes.

"The voice never goes away," I answered, taking a deep breath.

"It's your Jr...Mad Jr," she chuckled as I turned back to her with my brow raised.

"Mad Jr?" I repeated as she smiled grabbing my hand as we walked down the hallway and into another common area room that I was just not realizing was around.

"We supposed to be in here?" I asked as she took a seat on the couch and looked at me.

"It's a common area for a reason." She shrugged her shoulders as I sat next to her.

I never seen her around the facility until now, cause if I saw her earlier, I would have actually talked to her. She instantly already gave me a welcoming aura and wasn't hostile or crazy from the other people that was in the rehab as well.

"Paisli," She took out her hand as I shook her hand our hands connected longer than it should.

"Sammad, but you can call me Mad." I said as she smiled, nodding her head and turning my arm showing the tattoo of my middle name as she traced it with her nail.

"Amir... The fearless prince." She smiled. "Your son?" I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Nah, my dad gave me that middle name." She smiled again.

"Your dad has a lot of hopes and dreams for you." She answered making my scoff as I shook my head in pure disagreement.

Senior hated me more than everything at this moment and he surely hated me even more now that this marriage would have to end with Neysa. It was messing up the arrangement we had with her rich ass pharmaceutical dad, but me and my father made a promise and I hope he just lived up to it.

"Nah. He hates me right now." I explained as we both looked out the window as the sun peeked through the windows bouncing off the walls.

"Not true." She spoke as I raised my brow at her.

"Why you think that?"

"I know a true man when I see one." She smirked watching outside, nodding her head.

Meeting Paisli was one of the best things that happened to me at rehab. Through these good and bad months, She took my mind off of being in this place. I didn't hear voices in my head and for the slightest moments; I didn't think about the wrong that I did to my family. She became the haven, the physical diary that I needed at that moment. Even in her times of struggle from her pain killer addiction, I stood by her cause she definitely stood next to me the whole way.

"So you plan ongoing back home?" She asked as she stood at the doorway of my room as I looked down at the picture of me and my family.

"Nah," I sighed, "Maybe One day but not now, I gotta get myself up first." I answered truthfully and sat the picture back on the desk as she took a seat next to me and smiled.

"What's the first thing you'll do when you're out?" I asked her just to see if she had any plans or not.

"I'm staying." she quickly answered making me snap my neck towards her.

Paisli had all the chances to leave the rehab and honestly get her life back with no problems. In the few months that I knew her, she had it more together than anyone else.

"Why?"

"I don't think I'm mentally there yet so I extended just for a week but when I do leave the first thing I'm doing is ordering a nice salmon and a Trinidad cocktail," She smiled as I laughed continuing to pack my bags.

"I'm having a godfather and then I won't drink again." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So we'll save that when we meet again."

I looked up to her as she sifted through my records and pulled out the Leon Bridges album I brought just before admitting myself in here.

"So we meeting again?"

I honestly thought that we wouldn't meet again, a man like me was always on the move and she seemed like once she was adjusted to life, she was going to be married and with kids in a matter of time. I honestly was enjoying myself with Paisli but after this day, it'll be just a memory.

"I honestly don't know maybe our lives will align one day, If not," She turned to me placing her hand on my cheek and kissed me softly instantly making me heart beat faster than usual but in the best way possible.

I grinned as our fingers intertwined. "Save that drink for me."

I looked at the multiple documents that Neville had stored in his laptop that Amira encrypted, making me nod my head. Documents that showed  from where his grow houses were and employees who worked there. He also had all his custos from his start in 2005 and were still loyal to him until this day. A few names I remembered and a few that seemed like some new faces but what called caught my eye was Governor Foster.

"Hmm any reason government officials are being associated with a very well-known drug connect?"

White people love drugs too.

"Most government officials are involved with the drug business but indirectly. I could look into it if you want." Amira offered as she took the laptop and disappeared off in her room.

I was still a little in different from putting Amira in the public eye for multiple reasons, but Kiddo felt as if he could fully support and protect her. I wanted Neville to be dead to avoid any conflict, but this was gonna be good enough for now until I was going to have to really put a bullet in his or anyone else who fucked with me heads.

Bullets going in heads regardless.

The loud bass of music started to damn near shake the table making me groan already knowing that it was Gunplay already hyping himself up for I don't know what.

I walked into my room already seeing Ess on her laptop. I really felt indifferent putting her in the house with the crew, but her mindset was set on it. I felt like I dug myself way deeper than I should and putting her into it made it worse. Then the Neysa situation was becoming an annoyance and the thought of her fucking ol dude in California didn't sit right with me, so I was... indifferent.

"So you comfortable in here? I know Gun can get crazy in the morning." I said breaking her focus from the laptop as she looked up at me.

It's not there anymore.

"That's fine. I need to be up early anyway to knock out all of these assignments out." She started to type again.

I laid next to her as I glanced at her laptop as it was on word and she started to type a mile a minute as her nails tapped against the keys making me slightly make my head pound a little.

College sure fucks our head up.

"Think you can take a break? Gotta link up with Jeezy." I asked, and she stopped and closed her laptop.

"Of course I can. I've been waiting for some action."

"Should've been there last time," I smirked instantly thinking about Aashi and I's temporary reunion. I reached in my pocket, taking out the box and opening it. "You can either wear it or not. It's not her ring, I actually took the time out and picked one." I assured so she wouldn't snap on me.

"I almost forgot about this game. I'll wear it." She grabbed the ring placing it on her finger, making me get off the bed looking at my phone already seeing a text from Jeezy for a meetup.

I chuckled at the text, shoving the phone back in my pocket.

"Aight get ready. I know Jeezy is pissed right now at me."

"What did you do?" she questioned as I smirked rubbing my hands as if I was Birdman himself.

"I made the right move cause of Kiddo. Thought it was gonna take longer but these N.O niggas ain't as smart as Miami niggas."

Getting all of Neville's info was easy as hell way easier compared to the Miami niggas cause if there was one thing about them Miami boys they kept all operations under lock and key. You had to be in their inner circle to even figure out what they had going on.

"So he's upset because you didn't do things his way? Well, we'll deal with him when we get there." she said as she scooted off of the bed.

"You know what lemme rephrase that... I don't think he's mad at me but he surely is mad. Kiddo the new connect now. He doesn't know that shit. Nobody knows except everyone in this house."

I could've been the connect myself but I felt like Kiddo deserved way more than just robbing houses and making small plays with me. He showed himself time and time again and making him the connect was clear that I trusted him with the big niggas.

"It's a power move. I don't know what he expects from you. No one expects for you to be making moves on your own, and that's a trash perspective."

"He's been wanting to take out Neville for a while just to take his customers and be top connect. Get ready though, forty-five minutes." I said as I took out my phone and called Aashi.

"Alright. Let me hop in the shower." I nodded my head sitting on the edge of the bed as the phone rang twice before being answered.

"Baby brother wassup?" she answered cheerfully, making me smile. I swear I couldn't get enough of her positive attitude at all, it kept me in good spirits as a kid.

"I need a favor." I said seriously and immediately heard the music in the background lower and a door close.

"Wassup?"

"You know a Neville H-"

"Hershaw, yeah. I heard he got robbed of everything last night." She interrupted as I stayed quiet.

Damn word gets around, huh?

"Sammad."

"Wassup?" The line went quiet again before a screech followed by laughing rang in my ears.

"Tumane use loot liya? Kaise ye? You robbed him? How the hell?"

I chuckled, "He isn't as smart as you think."

"Hmm I guess you proving senior wrong." I honestly forgot thinking about Senior and whatever he had planned for me since I was building pretty well without his help.

"I guess, but you think you can handle Neville for me?" I asked as I heard the door in her background close.

"Give me a few days and I'll get to you." She answered  quickly then hung up.

I never understood how Jeezy could get the whole side of this damn restaurant cleared out all the time, but he was punctual as fuck.

They frisked us just like last time so I left my gun in the car, wasn't like niggas was trying to run up on Jeezy or even worse me.

"Whatever happens you know nothing that happened at that party last night," I lowly whispered to Ess as we walked to the table.

I saw Jeezy but Jeannie was nowhere to be found. Instead, she replaced by a woman with honey brown hair who kept her eyes on her phone.

"Sammad and the beautiful Essence." he stood up giving her a hug as he gave me a firm handshake as he eased me, "I know you were sick for a while, hope you feeling better." he smiled as we all sat down but my eyes stayed on the woman who seemed familiar as hell.

"I'm getting there. One day at a time."

That's He-

"This is my assistant P—"

"Paisli?" She looked up as I finally saw her face as she gave me a warm smile instantly making me give a genuine smile myself. It was good to know that she was keeping herself up.

"Am—" she cleared her throat, "Sammad. Long time no see."

"y-y-yeah."

"Yeah." She turned to Essence and raised her brow and quickly glanced at me, "Mrs. Khatri?"

"You can call me Essence."

She nodded her head, turning her attention back down to her phone.

"So word is that Neville got robbed in his house last night during a party. Just wanted to know if y'all was there or knew anyone there?" Jeezy questioned as I glanced over at Essence.

"This is the first time I'm getting out the house in days, so no."

He turned to me also making Paisli look up. "I been home tending to my wife wouldn't be right to have her by herself, right?"

Paisli lowly chuckled turning back to her phone.

"Well, y'all haven't betrayed me so I'll take your word," he stood up from the table. "Pais, tell em they next assignment and take a lunch break."

"Yes, Mr. Jenkins."

Once he walked away, my eyes stayed on Paisli harder than I should, but it was hard to turn away. She looked the same but also different. Skin super clear and glowing, her body was nice and healthy and that smile...

"What's next on the agenda?" Ess broke my trance as I looked at Paisli who scrolled through her phone.

"Um- ye- Jeezy wants you to..." her voice started to shake and hands trembled already making me worried about her.

"Here." I handed her my untouched water as our fingers connected.

"Thanks," she drank her water and took a deep breath going through her planner.

"Jeezy wants you retrieve some customer documents at house."

"He couldn't tell us that himself?" Essence asked.

"It's Jeezy, can't put nothing past a bald head nigga." I said making Paisli chuckle and I couldn't help but to smile.

"That's my boss, if you can't reach him or something went wrong. I'm always a phone call away." She set her card on the table and stood up and walked over to the bar taking a seat as I watched her again.

"You two have history?" Essence asked as she looked along with me.

"We were in rehab together."

"That didn't really answer my question, but okay. Am I going to Jeezy's house with you?"

"Say your question more clear. And it's up to you."

"Do you two have history? As in sexual history because the energy was strong."

There was plenty of times I could've rearranged Paisli's insides but being in rehab really changed me. I wasnt thinking about stuff like that. The only thing we shared was that kiss on my last day.

"Nah never had sex with her. We just related to a lot of things. I honestly thought she was— never mind. You wanna have lunch here or you want something else?" I asked as my stomach growled as I looked down at the menu.

"We can eat here."

I took the card putting it into my wallet, "I hope you wasn't bothered or nothing."

"I still feel how I feel. Whether you had sex with her or not the energy was still present." I sighed looking at the menu.

"That was years ago, I mean I ain't fuck the weed man a week ago." I glanced over at Pais again nodding my head at her progress.

"Are you guys ready to order?" The waiter as he approached us with pen and pad in hand.

"I'll take a water with lemon right now. I'm not ready to order yet."

"Excuse me sir, compliments from the woman at the bar." Another waiter said setting the small glass in front of me.

"What's this?"

"The Godfather. She also says congrats."

I laughed shaking my head, "Wow," I muttered to myself as I held the glass in my hand.

Essence immediately stood up grabbing her purse, "Yeah, you two should catch up. I'll see you back at the house."

I put the glass down grabbing her hand, "Ess, sit down, it's just a drink."

"If that's what you think then I really do need to leave before I do something ignorant." She snatched her arm from me as she pushed in her chair.

"What you want me to do? Tell her don't send me a harmless drink? The drink had to deal with something I said back in rehab."

"What I want you to do is invite her over here so you two could catch up over lunch. I have some things to handle." I raised my brow at her trying to figure out where the hostility was coming from because it bothered me just a little. It was nothing serious, just a drink. But I didn't know how women think, I only know how I think.

I handed her my car keys refusing to have a whole argument in the resturant, "I'll see you at the house."

"Yeah, whatever. Give me a hug."

I stood up and gave her a hug, "fix that attitude."

She looked up at me rolling her eyes, "Dead this sexual energy before the situation turns left."

"I can always fix it for you in the car. Don't doubt me, you know what happened in Cali."

"Your friend at the bar is waiting. Have fun."

"Drive safe. And I'm serious... fix yo attitude."

"Bye Sammad."

"Aight Ess." I said as she walked away and even though I should be watching her walk away, my eyes graviated to Paisli.

Honestly I didn't know what to say. I didn't know that we would actually come across each other. Then her working for Jeezy made it worse than it was. I just hope that she got what she wanted in life.

"Ready to order sir?" The waiter asked and I looked at Paisli.

"Prime rib. Medium with a water, also let me get your salmon with a Trinidad cocktail." I ordered as he nodded his head and disappeared off to the back.

"It'll be rude of me to not ask if you would like to join me for lunch." I said a loud just for her to hear me.

We were the only ones on the side of the restaurant not including the waiters and bartenders and passed by occasionally.

She turned in her chair and smiled gently hopping off her seat and strutting towards me and her body sure did fill in. Not like she was smaller in rehab but the weight filled in the right places.

I stood up and once we were face to face, she jumped in my arms giving me the tightest hug. It instantly brought me back to rehab when she would catch me off guard with hugs.

Once we separated, I held both her hands and nodded my head.

"You look good P," I complimented as she blushed  slowly separating her hands from mine as we both took a seat.

"That extra week paid off, you honestly look great Amir," I smirked just surprised that she still would remember that. Paisli was hardheaded and never addressed me by my first name but I grown accustomed to it along the way. Just the way it sounded from her voice, I wasn't bothered by it.

"I just kept positive and kept my eyes on the prize."

"I see, new wife, new life right?" She said as the waiter came with our round of drinks making her burst into a fit of laughter, "You remembered?" She giggles holding the coupe gracefully in her hands.

"Just like how you remembered?" I said holding up my glass as we both clinked glasses and set the glasses back down on the table not even taking a sip making us both laugh.

"Doesn't matter when you're clean huh?" She spoke as I nodded my head looking at the glass.

"Not at all." I replied as we both took our waters and toasted and took a sip.

"How long you been married?" Paisli asked as I cleared my throat setting the glass down, "Cause last time I remember you saying how you won't get married—"

"I'm not, you already know how Neysa did me. I barely know how to properly love a woman without making it a business plan." Here I go again opening up to Paisli like a open book even after years of not speaking to her, I still trusted her with every single thing that was and is my life.  She always sat and listened to every single word before offering her complete advice and also told me when I was acting like a whole fool.

"So what is Essence to you?" She asked and that's when my mind turned blank.

Was I upset about her fucking another man? Completely. I was just...

"Not what I—"

The waiters came around setting the prime rib in front of me as they set the salmon in front of Paisli making her smile.

"Full of surprises huh?" She smirked taking the fork into her hand and taking a first bite closing her eyes as if she was in heaven.

I just continued to watch her, barely even thinking about my prime rib taking a occasional bites as she talked about her journey here. From stripping in miami for a while then going to the Atlanta and pursuing school for Human Resources where she was thriving very well but the pay wasn't all that great. Then came across Jeannie at a conference in New York and offered her a nice salary to be her personal assistant and been living in New Orleans for the past year.

"Your name definitely rang bells out here and I was proud that you was doing good."

"So you knew we would cross paths sooner or later?" I asked as she smirked dabbing the corner of her lip with her napkin.

"I don't know," she shrugged her shoulders, "I honestly thought it was gonna be on different circumstances."

"Like what?" I finally took a bite of my food and was  impressed, taking a mental note to get some for the crew.

She shrugged her shoulders and stood up walking over to my side of the table and kissed me on the cheek.

"Just turn the card if you need me." She said as she walked away making me reach into my pocket as I took out my wallet and took out her card flipping it over.

That's the one that got away.

Welp I graced you guys with chapter 13!!!!!
DISCUSSION QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:
What are your thoughts on Sammad personality wise and relationship wise?

Please comment, vote and share with friends!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1.9K 46
The Rajputs well known as the most powerful and devil's for the people who tries to messed up with them people got goosebumps just by listening to th...
Fate By Mani

General Fiction

358K 18.4K 96
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...
BROTHERS IN ARMS By Arya

General Fiction

125K 7.3K 53
This is a story about three brothers. The eldest brother is serving his life for his nation while the other two brothers are following their eldest b...
135K 4.3K 35
Nollani is a 21 year old student, she has a big personality that only the closest know. She's very independent but very deep down wants a mommy to de...