The Guardian Rose

By GramzonDragon

(Y/N) encounters Summer Rose during a Grimm attack. When (Y/N) is injured Summers tells him to run, giving hi... More

Description
Chapter 1: A New Day
Chapter 2: Initiation Test
Chapter 3: Classes
Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.
Chapter 5: The Challenge.
Chapter 6: A Secret Is Revealed.
Chapter 7: Confessions.
Chapter 8: Best Day Ever!
Chapter 9: Explanations.
Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon
Chapter 11: Painting The Town...
Q & A
Chapter 12: Recruiting the Enemy.
Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.
Chapter 14: Dance and Infiltration.
Chapter 15: The Shadow's Rage and Field Trip.
Chapter 16: What Was Once Lost, Has Been Found.
Chapter 17: Breach and Final Goodbye.
Q&A 2
Team T/N Bios
Chapter 18: Vital Festival
Chapter 19: Frosty Greetings.
Chapter 20: Planning
???
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.
Chapter 22: Battle of Beacon.
Chapter 23: The Fall of Beacon.
Epilogue
Q&A 3

Prologue

15.7K 175 417
By GramzonDragon

A/N

*actions*

(thoughts)

Y/N POV.

I've been running through this forest for who knows how long. In the distance I could her Beowolves howling. In my hands were the last things from my home, a picture of my family, and the family dagger.

Y/N: Gotta keep moving.

I was almost to a clearing when my foot got caught by a root, making me trip. I hit my head on the ground making me black out.

3rd POV.

A woman wearing a white cloak rushed in taking the Grimm out that were surrounding Y/N. She disposed of them with ease, stopping when there were none left. She then noticed Y/N on the ground.

???: You poor boy, let's get you back to my camp.

Y/N POV.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring at the night sky. I groaned as I put my hand to my aching head. When I did, I felt bandages on my forehead.

???: Oh, your awake. How do you feel?

I looked over and saw a young woman wearing a white cloak with black hair that had red tips, and silver eyes.

Y/N: I-I'm fine, just a small headache.

The woman then pulled out a water bottle and handed it to me.

Y/N: Thank you...?

???: Oh, my name is Summer Rose, what's your name?

Y/N: It's Y/n, Y/N L/N.

Summer: L/N, why does that name sound so familiar?

Y/N: My family was pretty famous.

Summer: What do you mean was?

I shifted uncomfortably as the images ran through my head. I shook the thoughts out of my head and answered in a shaky voice.

Y/N: It... it was... my v-village was attacked by G-grimm.

Summer POV.

I looked at the young boy who was shaking. From what I saw in his photo, he had a sister. I couldn't bare to think what would happen if I lost one of my daughters. I thought for a moment before I asked Y/N a question.

Summer: Y/N?

Y/N: Y-yeah Summer?

Summer: Do you have anywhere to go?

Y/N shook his head. I sighed before I asked him another question.

Summer: Y/N, what is it you want to do when you grow up?

Y/N: I want to become a Hunter, so that what happened to me w-wont happen to anyone else.

Summer: How would you like to train with me?

Y/N: Train to be a Hunter?

Summer: Yes, I'm out for a mission which is taking me longer than expected and maybe someone with your skills can help.

3rd POV.

Y/N was confused, what skills did he have? All he was good for was running.

Y/N: What skills?

Summer: Well, you did run for miles while being chased by Grimm.

Y/N: But, wouldn't I be a burden to you?

Summer: Of course not. But if you agree I will have to train you how to fight.

Y/N: O-okay. I'll do it, please help me become stronger.

A few years later.

Y/N was thrown to a tree shattering his Aura. He reached toward his left shoulder as he felt a small gash.

Summer: Y/N!

Y/N: I'm fine, Summer. I can still fight.

Summer: No you can't. You need to leave now!

Y/N hook his head.

Y/N: I'm not leaving you, I can't lose anyone else!

Summer took her cloak off and put it on Y/N.

Summer: Please! Just run! And do me one last favor and protect my daughters!

Summer had a stream tears going down her face. Y/N was hesitant as he began to cry as well.

Y/N: I-I'll do it, just promise me we'll see each other again.

Summer: *nods* I promise.

Y/N gave Summer a hug before he began to run away.

Y/N: (After this I will never run again!)

7 years later.

Y/N sighed as he finished knocking out a thug.

Y/N: They never seem to learn.

Y/N heard the sound of glass breaking and rushed through an alleyway and stopped at a shop called 'From Dust Till Dawn'. There he saw a girl wearing a red cloak and wielding a scythe.

???: Okay... get her!

The girl was being surrounded by the henchmen, but she quickly dispatched them as if they were rag dolls. Unfortunately she didn't see one behind her and just as he was about to attack he was punched into ta dumpster. The mysterious man and the girl stared at Y/N.

Y/N: Hello Torchwick.

Torchwick: Well if it isn't The Shadow Rose. If you don't mind I'll be leaving now.

Torchwick fired a shot from his can making Y/N and the girl jump back. When they looked up Torchwick was seen climbing a ladder on the side of a building.

???1: You okay if I go after him?

Shopkeep: Uh huh.

Y/N: Wait she seems familiar. I better follow her.

Y/N used his Shadow Manipulation to teleport to the top of the building, and saw Torchwick at the edge of the rooftop.

Torchwick: Persistent.

A ship rose up and Torchwick got on before pulling a red Dust crystal.

Torchwick: End of the line Red! And you as well Shadow!

He tossed the crystal toward Y/N and the girl and shot it with his cane. Y/N went in front of her to protect her from the explosion. When the smoke cleared, there was a woman wearing a black and white uniform, standing there with a barrier in front of them.

Y/N&???1: Woah.

The woman adjusted her glasses before firing shots at the ship.

Torchwick: We got a Huntress!

A woman wearing a red dress stepped into view and began fire shoot flames from her hands. the woman with the black and white uniform used the debris and began launching it hat the ship. The girl began to shoot at the woman in the red dress only for her to deflect them. Then she made the ground beneath them explode. Y/N pulled the girl out of harms way as the woman in the uniform pulled Y/N out of the way. The ships door closed as it flew away, the girl seemed excited as she looked at the woman.

???1: Your a Huntress! Can I have your autograph?

Later.

???2: I hope you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly, young lady. You put yourself and others in great danger.

???1: They started it!

???2: If it were up to me, you'd be sent home... With a pat on the back... And a slap on the wrist! But... there is someone here who would like to meet you.

Y/N saw a man in green walk in the doorway holding a plate of cookies and two mugs.

???3: Ruby Rose... You... have silver eyes.

Y/N: (Just as I thought, she is Summer's daughter. Heh, guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in looks.)

Ruby: Uh, Um...

???3: So! Where did you learn to do this?

Y/N and ruby looked at the video of ruby fighting the henchmen.

Ruby: S-Signal Academy.

???3: They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?

Y/N: (Actually the most dangerous weapon is the mind)

Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.

???3: I see...

The man puts the cookies on the table in front of Ruby. She tentatively picks one up, eats it in a single bite, and then, not seeing any rebuttal, shovels the rest into her mouth. He then handed Y/N a mug that had, F/H/B(Favorite Hot Beverage).

???3: It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty, old crow...

Y/N: (Don't tell me that's the same Qrow that Summer told me about).

Ruby: Oh! That's my unk! *swallows* Sorry. That's my Uncle ! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now, I'm all like— Hooowaaah! Witchaaaa!

Y//N mentally face palmed at her response.

Y/N: (Definitely a child of Summer).

???3: So I've noticed. And what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?

Ruby: Well... I want to be a Huntress.

???3: You want to slay monsters?

Ruby: Yeah! I only have two more years of training left at Signal! And then I'm going to apply to Beacon! You see, my sister's starting there this year, and she's trying to become a Huntress, and I'm trying to become a Huntress 'cause I wanna help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, Hey, I might as well make a career out of it! *giggles* I mean the police are alright, but Huntsmen and Huntresses are just so much more romantic and exciting and cool and really, gosh, you know!

The two people looked at each other as Y/N sipped his drink waiting for a response.

???3: Do you know who I am?

Ruby: You're Professor Ozpin. You're the headmaster at Beacon.

Ozpin: (smiling) Hello.

Ruby: Nice to meet you.

Ozpin: You want to come to my school?

Ruby: More than anything.

???2: Hmmph.

Ozpin: Well, okay.

Ruby smiles, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, Y/N silently gave a small chuckle.

???2: Now Miss Rose could you leave us?

Ruby nodded as she left the room.

Ozpin: So, what were you doing there Mr.?

Y/N pulled back his hood and dropped the shadows covering his face revealing his E/C eyes.

Y/N: It's Y/N L/N, sir.

Ozpin: And what were you doing at the dust store?

Y/N: I was knocking out some thugs when I heard glass breaking. So I decided to check it out.

Ozpin: I see... Now tell me, that cloak seems familiar. Can you tell me where you got it?

Y/N: I got it from Summer Rose.

???2: Did you say Summer?! Where is she?!

Ozpin: Glynda calm down. Let's hear him out.

Glynda: Y-yes sir.

Y/N: The last time I saw her was about seven years ago.

Glynda: That's around the time she disappeared.

Ozpin: So tell me Mr. L/N, what is it you want to do?

Y/N: I want to become a Hunter.

Ozpin: Do they happen to be the same reasons as Miss. Roses'?

Y/N: Somewhat, I want to become a Hunter so no kid has to end up an orphan. That and I made a promise to someone long ago I would like to keep.

Ozpin: I see. Now tell me, how did you meet Summer Rose?

Y/N: It was shortly after my village was destroyed. She actually took care of me, and taught me how to fight.

Ozpin: What happened when you saw her last?

Y/N sighed as he took another sip of the drink. The memories flashed through his head.

Y/N: We were attacked by Grimm, never seen them before. I took a heavy hit and wanted to continue fighting. But Summer forced me to run, so I did. I never saw her after that. And before you ask, yes I do plan on going to Beacon.

Ozpin: Very well, you may go now, Mr. L/N.

Y/N: Thank you sir, but I rather you call me by my other name, The Shadow Rose.

Y/N put his hood back up and once again his face was covered in shadows turning his eyes a blood red. He left the room humming a tune(Red Like Roses).

Glynda: Are you sure this is wise Professor? Do you know who he is?

Ozpin: The Shadow, Fear Master, Shadow Lord, and his commonly known one, The Shadow Rose.

Glynda: He's dangerous, he doesn't even go to any school on Remnant.

Ozpin: He's survived in a forest full of Grimm for most his life , and was trained by one of our top student's he'll be fine.

Glynda: How can you even trust him?

Ozpin: *sip* When you've been around as long as I have, you can read people. And I see all he wants to do is protect the innocent.

A/N

There we go, it was a little longer than expected but I got it done.

Votes on love interest will end on chapter 4. (VOTES CLOSED)

So far:

Ruby: 1 vote

Yang: No votes

Velvet No votes

Neo(aka Ice Cream Waifu): 1 vote

Also if anyone wants to join my guild in RWBY: Amity Arena, My Guild is called:

TheGuardianRose

Special surprise next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.1K 17
(Y/N) (L/N), current CEO of (L/N) Enterprises, is a self centered, ego filled teenager, who has started a war against the White Fang and all faunus...
166K 2.1K 9
(F/N) (L/N) is just another face in the crowd. No one would bother looking twice at him. Except someone does, two someone's in fact. Somehow, (F/N) m...
405K 8.7K 55
(Y/N) is a Mind Reader. At a young age, he caused trouble for his family because of his semblance...and now he's a runaway. How will his ability affe...
11.7K 332 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...