The Moon Dancer

By panamabubbles

A traveling circus arrives in the Kou Empire, and they are invited to perform at the palace in honor of the C... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Behind The Scenes
BAD END: Beloved Abyss

Chapter 27

1K 41 5
By panamabubbles

Ruhya stood frozen as Judar's limp body laid splayed out on the ground. She couldn't hear or see anything going on around her, all she could focus on was Judar's limp body.

Her eyes slowly trailed up to the headless giant as it raised its arms to deliver the final blow.

Time slowed down as the giant slammed its fists down, creating a blast strong enough to push Ruhya back several feet.

Her vision went blurry as her head hit stone debris with a painful smack. A thin stream of blood ran down her face. Ruhya weakly crawled on the ground toward the giant, she needed to get to Judar.

A strong pair of arms picked her up and slung her over their back. They carried her away from the battle scene.

"No! Stop! I- I have to save him! Judar!!" Ruhya screeched, clawing at the air as the scene became smaller and smaller.

Streams of tears ran down Ruhya's face as she sobbed violently. She drew in painful gasps as spasms shook her body. Her throat felt raw as she screamed Judar's name until darkness finally overtook her as she fainted.

~~

Ruhya opened her eyes, finding herself propped up in a corner of a partially fallen down building. A haze of dust clung to the air and filled her lungs. She coughed a few times and wiped her eyes. As her vision cleared, Ruhya realized she wasn't alone. Instantly she drew her legs close to her and searched around for anything that she could protect herself with.

"Who's there?" Ruhya shouted. A quick movement from the dust haze caught her eye and she backed deeper into the dark corner. Slowly a figure emerged from the figure, a single finger held up to their lips.

"You!" Ruhya gasped as she recognized the figure as the mute sailor from the ship. A wave of guilt washed over her as she realized he lost her tongue because of her. Fresh tears filled her eyes as the mutilated man came closer to her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I had no idea..." Ruhya whispered hoarsely. The man came up to her, a kind look in his eyes. He opened up his arms and exhaled slowly. Ruhya cried out as she rushed into his arms.

"Urgh eh." Gazeem mumbled as Ruhya sobbed into his shoulder. Gently he patted her back comforting her as best he could.

Ruhya didn't know for how long she cried, but the tears didn't stop coming. She cried tears of shock for the truth about Peli. She cried tears of pain and relief for the man's tongue and his everpresent kindness. Most of all Ruhya cried tears of sorrow for Judar.

"It's all my fault. I never should have left Judar. I feel so stupid." Ruhya sobbed.

Gazeem pulled Ruhya off of his shoulder and looked at her with warmth in his eyes. Her face was a mess, a combination of tears, dirt, and blood coated most of her skin. Gently, Gazeem used his sleeve to clean Ruhya's face.

"Thank you, I don't know how I can ever truly express how grateful I am." Ruhya mumbled as she wiped her eyes. Gazeem simply smiled.

A sudden noise made Gazeem snap his head toward the street. He pulled away from Ruhya, slinking into the shadows.

"What's wrong?" Ruhya asked. Gazeem grunted urgently, motioning for Ruhya to follow him. His grunting became more urgent as Ruhya stared at him with confusion. He gave one last grunt, more of a sorrowful whimper before disappearing into the darkness.

"Wait!" Ruhya cried out. She turned to the street as the sound of footsteps suddenly became noticeable. She glanced out before gasping. Quickly Ruhya shrunk back into the corner, hoping the darkness would hide her.

"Ruhya!" A familiar voice exclaimed as they poked their head through the open doorway. Ruhya's eyes widened as Peli stepped through the doorway. She whimpered as he hurried over to her and knelt down next to her.

"Peli..."

"Ruhya! I'm so glad you're safe!" Peli cried out as he threw his arms around her and pulled her close. His voice sounded heavy, "I was so scared when I saw that you weren't in your room. I looked everywhere for you, thank goodness that you're eyes were glowing. Thanks to them I was able to find you."

"What?" Ruhya breathed out. She inhaled sharply as she realized her eyes had been glowing the whole time, and they had just given her location away.

"Here, I brought your blindfold. How are you're eyes feeling?" Peli asked as he reached into his shirt and pulled out Ruhya's forgotten blindfold. Ruhya whimpered as he smoothed down her hair and gently tied the white cloth around her eyes.

"I-I'm fine."

"Your face is so dirty, what happened to you? Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" Peli asked rapidly, his voice growing more and more worried. His fingers tenderly wiped at her face, rubbing off dirt and dried flakes of blood.

"Peli, I-"

"Shh, it's okay. I know a lot had happened, you must be under a lot of stress. It's all gonna be okay, I'm here."

Tears filled Ruhya's eyes and spilled over as Peli gently picked her up. He carried her in his arms and walked out of the building into the dark night. Ruhya didn't even try to resist, she was too tired.

"I feel sick."

"I know, let's go back home. You'll feel better after you get some rest."

Ruhya groaned, letting her body go limp in Peli's arms. She closed her eyes and for the first time in a while, she welcomed the darkness of sleep.

Ruhya's chest heavied as she spun quickly, her breaths coming in short puffs. She lifted her leg but her body hadn't recovered from the spinning causing her to lose her balance and fall to the ground. Sweat trailed down Ruhya's face and dripped from the tip of her nose. 

"Dammit, I still can't get the timing right." Ruhya grunted as she slammed her fist on the ground in frustration. After taking a few seconds to catch her breath, Ruhya stood up and reached for a nearby towel to wipe the sweat off her face and neck. 

"Ruhya birdie, are you in here?" Ravoi's voice called from outside, muffled by the thick tent. Ruhya quickly put on her blindfold, making sure it was secure before going outside to meet Ravoi.

"I was just practicing a new routine. Do you need anything?" 

"Oh, no, nothing like that. I just wanted to introduce you to the newest member of our family. A talented young musician named Peli. He's going to be the new drummer."

"Hello, um, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss. My name is Peli, I'm 12 years old and I like to play the drums." A youthful voice sounded out with a layer of nervousness. His baggy clothes ruffled as he stuck out a thin hand toward Ruhya.

"Hi, I'm Ruhya. It's nice to meet you." Ruhya smiled as she took Peli's hand, it was surprisingly warm and firm.

"Peli is from Balbadd, just like you. You're the closest in age to him so I hope I can entrust him to your care. Show him around, won't ya?" Ravoi said as he patted Ruhya on the back. She nodded and hummed in agreement.

"Don't worry, you can count on me!" Ruhya exclaimed as she pulled Peli closer to her and swung her arm around his shoulders.

"I knew I could. Don't stay out too long, lunch's gonna be ready in an hour." Ravoi called out as he left the two, "Oh and Peli, don't stay out in the sun too long. Your face seems to be sunburnt already, it's red as a tomato." 

Peli jolted with surprise before quickly twisting out of Ruhya's grasp. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Ravoi's right, your face feels so warm! Let's get out of the sun." Ruhya exclaimed as she clasped Peli's face with both hands.

"Uh, no! I'm okay!" Peli sputtered as he pulled Ruhya's hands off of him. She frowned, slightly concerned.

"Okay-"

"Ah, please forgive me! I didn't mean to grab you like that, Miss! Please don't be mad!"

"Woah, it's fine. I should apologize for grabbing you so suddenly." Ruhya said, "By the way, you don't have to be so formal with me. I'm only 15, being called Miss makes me feel old. Just Ruhya is fine."

"Okay...Ruhya."

"Well, Peli, what do you want to see first?"

"Um, how about your new routine?"

"Oh no, it's not ready yet!" Ruhya exclaimed as she waved her hands. 

"Okay..."Peli mumbled with a pout.

"How bout this? Once I get it down, you'll be the first person I'll show it to."

"Really!? Promise?" Asked Peli with a wide smile.

"Promise."

Ruhya opened her eyes. She stared up at the colorful tapestry hanging over the bed as a single tear escaped her eye and cascaded down her face, disappearing into the soft pillow.

"Was it all just a lie?"

Ruhya's lip quivered as she turned onto her side and pulled the blanket over her head. 

What happened to that happy boy that never stopped smiling? The one that laughed with her and loved to make up silly songs on his drum? When did he change?

Ruhya frowned as she thought more about it.

No, it's not that he changed, she was just blinded by his shiny mask. If anything, she was the one that changed.

"Ruhya, are you awake?" Came a voice as the door opened. Ruhya closed her eyes, maybe if she didn't say anything he would go away.

"Hey, good morning. Are you okay? It must be hard to breathe with the blanket over your head." Peli chuckled as he sat on the bed and peeled away the blanket.

Ruhya didn't say anything, keeping her back turned to Peli. She stiffened as he softly rubbed her shoulder and arm.

"How are you feeling? There was a pretty nasty cut on your head. I told you, you should have stayed in the room."

"Stop it!" Ruhya shouted as she shot up. Peli's eyes widened and he backed away.

"What's wrong?"

"Stop acting like nothing's wrong! Stop acting like you don't know!"

"Ruhya, how can I know if you're not telling me?"

"Who is Peleus?" Ruhya exploded, her voice straining with fear and anger. Peli stared at her completely speechless with wide eyes.

"W-what are you talking about? Where did you hear that name?"

"Who are you? I can't even look at anymore." Ruhya said as she deeply frowned. She turned around sinking her face back into the pillow.

"Ruhya, don't say that. Ruhya look at me. Look at me! Who told you that name?" Peli cried out, his voice growing more and more desperate.

"Go away."

"Look at me Ruhya!" Peli shouted as he grabbed Ruhya's shoulder. 

"Who is Peleus? Who are you?" Ruhya snapped as she whipped towards Peli.

"IT'S ME! MY NAME IS PELEUS!" Peli admitted as he angrily stood up. Ruhya croaked in horror as she brought the blankets up and covered her face.

"I didn't want to believe it, but it's true. It's all true!" Ruhya wailed, "It was all you! You cut that man's tongue off! You- you've killed people!"

"I did it all for you! Everything I've ever done was for you!"

"How could it ever be for me?"

"Everything I did was to protect you."

"I never asked you to do anything!"

"Of course you didn't, you didn't have to. I did what was best for the both of us."

"You're delusional!" Ruhya shouted as she sprang from the bed. She grunted as Peli caught her and tightly wrapped his arms around her, trapping her against his body.

"No, Ruhya, you're mistaken. I'm not delusional, I'm in love." Peli whispered in Ruhya's ear as she struggled against him. 

"Let me go! I'm leaving! I'm going back to Judar!" Ruhya screamed, thrashing around and kicking up her feet.

"No, you're not! You're staying here with me! We're in love!"

"I'm in love with Judar, not you!" 

Peli's arms went limp and Ruhya fell to the ground, landing with a hard thud. She quickly stood and faced Peli head on, a snarl on her face.

"Take that back." Peli whispered lifelessly.

"Never. I love Judar. I love him more than I've ever loved anyone before."

"You're lying! Take it back!"

"JUDAR, I LOVE YOU!" 

Smack!

Ruhya fell to the ground, a sharp stinging sensation radiating from her cheek. Gingerly she put her hand over where Peli slapped her and looked up at him with accusatory eyes. Peli looked at her with shock and horror in his eyes. He fell to his knees with a heavy thud.

"Ruhya, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you!" Peli exclaimed, tears shining in his eyes.

"Get away from me. I will never love you."

Peli's breathing speed up as he stared at Ruhya with wide eyes. A scowl marred his face as his eyes seemed to grow dark. Slowly Peli stood up, lumbering toward the door.

"You'll never see him again." Peli growled, his voice so deep Ruhya almost couldn't recognize it.

"Like hell I won't. I've escaped once, I'll do it again."

"No, Ruhya. You don't understand-"

"What Peli? What don't I understand!?" Ruhya snarled.

"Judar is dead."

Ruhya slumped backward, looking up at Peli with shock. Her eyes burned as they glowed a bright red.

"You're lying."

"Ruhya, I may be many things, but a liar is not one of them."

"YOU'RE LYING!"

"You saw what happened last night. Judar picked a fight with one of Alibaba's friends, some blue-haired kid and got his ass kicked. After that kid's giant crushed Judar's bones, he obliterated the son of a bitch with a fireball. Nothing left but ashes, floating in the wind." Peli revealed with a sinister smile on his face and darkness in his eyes.

"No..." Ruhya whispered, barely able to breathe.

"Can you imagine? That guy caused me so much trouble, he had so much power that I had to wait before I could take you away...and he was killed by a kid. What a shame, I would have liked to watch the life go out of his eyes while I choked him myself, but eh, beggars can't be choosers." 

Ruhya sat paralyzed, unable to move as Peli swooped down and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead before exiting the room. She could hear him closing a heavy lock, trapping her inside.

Tears burned Ruhya's eyes before they began to fall. She pressed the palm of her hands over her eyes as the burning sensation grew more and more painful. Ruhya grunted and groaned, her eyes felt like they were on fire. Her chest heaved up and down as she took in quick shallow breaths. 

Liquid light spilled from Ruhya's eyes, creating little glowing spots on the carpet. She clawed at her face and arms, trying to stop the burning. It felt like her eyes were melting.

Ruhya screamed as beams of bright light shot from her eyes.

The light faded out before Ruhya collapsed on the ground, completely exhausted. She closed her eyes with only thoughts of Judar on her mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 426 46
This is the continuation of Fate I and will start with Chapter CCI. In the far eastern continent laid the infamous, imperial Kou Empire. Its land str...
104K 2.5K 10
You and Judar... well, just read it if you're interested. Magi and Judar © Shinobu Ohtaka You © Yourself
35.1K 1.1K 24
Kouen X OC X Judar Clover's having a great day in her family's palace having fun with her two sisters Lisa and Rania, until one night her family is...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...