TITANIC ~ A Yoonmin Story

By XxXMixedLuckXxX

I was just sitting at home searching for some new Yoonmin fanfics to read, when my Yoonmin heart decided it w... More

It's Been 84 Years...
Gulf Between Worlds
The Heart of the Ocean
Make It Count
Something I Can't Have
Love Is Not Logical
My Heart Will Go On
Au Contraire Mon Cher
Only You
Close Shave
My God
I Already Knew
Falling Apart
You Jump, I Jump
Nearer My God To Thee
I Trust You
Don't Let Go
Min Jimin

Alarm Bells

295 15 3
By XxXMixedLuckXxX

The alarm bells still clatter mindlessly, seeming to reflect Wang's inner state. He is shock, unable to get a grip on what just happened. He just ran the biggest ship in history into an iceberg on its maiden voyage. 

He turns stiffly to Sungchul. "Note the time. Enter it in the log."

Captain Kye rushes out of his cabin onto the bridge, tucking in his shirt. "What was that, Mr. Wang?"

"An iceberg sir. I put her hard a' starboard and run the engines full astern, but it was too close. I tried to port around it, but she hit - and I -"

The Captain cuts the anxious Sixth Officer off. "Close the emergency doors."

"The doors are closed." 

Together they rush out onto the starboard wing, and Wang points. Kye looks into the darkness aft, then wheels around to Fourth Officer Hyun. "Find the Carpenter and get him to sound the ship."

In steerage, Hoseok comes out into the hall to see what's going on. He sees dozens of rats running toward him in the corridor, fleeing the flooding bow. Hoseok jumps aside as the rats runs by. "Jesus Christ!"

In his stateroom Jungkook gets out of his top bunk in the dark and drops down to the floor, ankles splashing in some water. "Cor! What the hell-?!"

He turns on the light. The floor is covered with three inches of freezing water, and more coming in. He shakes Seokjin awake, who was asleep on the lower bunk and pulls the door open, stepping out into the corridor, which is flooded. Hoseok is running towards them, yelling something is Korean. Jungkook, Hoseok and Jin start pounding on doors, getting everybody up and out. The alarm spreads in several languages.

In First Class a couple of people have come out into the corridor in robes and slippers. A Steward hurries along, reassuring them. 

"Why have the engines stopped? I felt a shudder?" Exclaims a woman. 

"I shouldn't worry, ma'am." The Steward begins to explain. "We've likely thrown a propeller blade, that's the shudder you felt. May I bring you anything?" 

Pom Hyo brushes past them, walking fast and carrying an armload of rolled up ship's plans.

゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。

Yoongi and Jimin are leaning over the starboard rail, looking at the hull of the ship.

"Looks okay. I don't see anything." Says Yoongi.

"Could it have damaged the ship?" Jimin asks.

"It didn't seem like much of a bump. I'm sure we're okay." Yoongi tries to reassure.

Behind them a couple of steerage guys are kicking the ice around the deck, laughing.

゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。

Hoseok, Jungkook and Jin are in a crowd of steerage men clogging the corridors, heading aft away from the flooding. Many of them have grabbed suitcases and duffel bags, some of which are soaked.

"If this is the direction the rats were runnin', it's good enough for me." Seokjin states.

Ho Sungchul, dressed in pajamas under the topcoat, hurries down the  B Deck corridor, headed for the bridge. An officious steward names Barnes comes along the other direction, getting the few concerned passengers back into their rooms. "There's no cause for alarm. Please, go back to your rooms." 

Sungchul is stopped in his tracks by Pilwoo and Namjoon. 

"Please, sir. There's no emergency-" The steward tries to reason.

"Yes there is, I have been robbed. Now get the Master at Arms. Now you moron!" Pilwoo shouts, referring to the giant diamond necklace Yuni had gifted his beautiful son. 

゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。

Captain Kye is studying the commutator. 

He turns to Pom Hyo, standing behind him. "A five degree list in less than ten minutes."

The Ship's carpenter, Unee Jin enters behind him, out of breath and clearly unnerved. "She's making water fast... in the forepeak tank and the forward holds, in boiler room six."

Sungchul enters, his movements quick with anger and frustration. Kye glances at him with annoyance. "Why have we stopped?"

"We've struck ice."

"Well, do you think the ship is seriously damaged?"

Kye glares. "Excuse me." He pushes past Sungchul, with Pom and Unee in tow. 

゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。☆。・゛★゛・。

Stokers and firemen are struggling to draw fires down in boiler room six. They are working in waist deep water churning around as it flows into the boiler room, ice cold and swirling with grease from the machinery. Chief Engineer P'il comes partway down the ladder and shouts. "That's it, lads. Get the hell up!"

They scramble up the escape ladders.

Back on B Deck some gentlemen lean on the forward rail watching the steerage men playing soccer with chunks of ice.

"I guess it's nothing too serious. I'm going back to my cabin to read."

A twenty-ish Yale man pops through the door wearing a topcoat over pajamas. "Say, did I miss the fun?"

Jimin and Yoongi come up the steps from the well deck, which are right next to the three men. They stare as the couple climbs over the locked gate.

A moment later Captain Kye rounds the corner, followed by Pom Hyo and Carpenter Unee. They have come down from the bridge by the outside stairs. The three men, their faces grim, crush right past Yoongi and Jimin. Pom Hyo barley glances at Jimin.

"Can you shore up?" The Captain asks Unee.

"Not unless the pumps get ahead." 

The inspection party goes down the stairs to the well deck.

Yoongi then turns to his lover, and whispers low to him. "It's bad."

"We have to tell Mother and Father."

"Now it's worse."

"Come with me, Hyung. I jump, you jump... right?"

"Right." Yoongi follows Jimin through the door inside the ship.

Once they both reach the foyer, they cross, entering the corridor. Namjoon is waiting for them in the hall as they approach the room. "We've been looking for you young lord." Namjoon follows and, unseen, moves close behind Yoongi and smoothly slips the diamond necklace into the pocket of his overcoat.

Pilwoo and Mijeong wait in the sitting room, along with the Master at Arms and two stewards. There is silence as Jimin and Yoongi enter. Mijeong closes her robe at her throat when she sees Yoongi.

"Something serious has happened." Jimin begins.

"That's right." Interrupts his father. "Two things dear to me have disappeared this evening. Now that one is back..." he looks from Jimin to Yoongi. "...I have a pretty good idea where to find the other." He then turns to the Master at Arms. "Search him." 

The Master at Arms steps up to Yoongi. "Coat off, mate."

Namjoon pulls at Yoongi's coat and Yoongi shakes his head in dismay, shrugging out of it. The Master at Arms pats him down. 

"This is horeshit." Yoongi exclaims.

"Father, you can't be serious! We're in the middle of an emergency and you-" 

Steward Barnes pulls the Heart of the Ocean out of the pocket of Yoongi's coat. "Is this it?"

Jimin is stunned. Needless to say, so is Yoongi.

"That's it." Pilwoo nods.

"Right then. Now don't make a fuss." The Master at Arms starts to handcuff Yoongi.

"Don't you believe it, Jimin. Don't!"

Jimin is uncertain. "He couldn't have."

"Of course he could." Pilwoo starts. "Easy enough for a professional. He memorized the combination when you opened the safe."

Jimin remembers when he was at the safe, looking in the mirror and meeting Yoongi's eyes as he stands behind him, watching. "But I was with him the whole time."

His father turns just to Jimin, voice low and cold. "Maybe he did it while you were putting your clothes back on."

"They put it in my pocket!" Yoongi protests.

Namjoon is holding Yoongi's coat. "It's not even in your pocket, son." Reading: "Property of A.L. Ryerson."

Namjoon shows the coat to the Master at Arms. There is a label inside the collar with the owners name.

"That was reported stolen today."

"I was going to return in! Jimin-" Yoongi pleads.

Jimin feels utterly betrayed, hurt and confused. He shrinks away from him. Yoongi starts shouting to him as Namjoon and the Master at Arms drag him out into the hall. Jimin can't even look Yoongi in the eye. 

"Jimin, don't listen to them... I didn't do this! You know I didn't! You know it!"

Jimin is devastated. His mother lays a comforting hand on his shoulder as his tears well up. "Why do we believe men?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

733 55 34
Because I feel that the ones already out there are not enough. And if you're looking for angst, you're at the wrong place, because I don't think I'll...
9.7K 681 32
WARNING : this was my second ever book so i think some of the writing is a little cringe bc i was in a semi-fetus writing era lmao โ™งpreview: "i'm sor...
80.6K 7.9K 47
ใƒ†ใƒ’ใƒงใƒณ โ€ง ๐”Ž๐”ฆ๐”ช ๐”—๐”ž๐”ข๐”ฅ๐”ถ๐”ฒ๐”ซ๐”ค แถ แถ  โ›†โ€งโ›†โ€งโ›† ๐—ง๐—ฎ๐—ฒ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ฒ ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๏ฟฝ...