The Clear Choice

By maybeillfallforyou

A secretive pack. An arraigned marriage. A snow-white coat that makes her different from the rest. Almost no... More

The Clear Choice
{ Chapter 1 }
{ Chapter 2 }
{ Chapter 3 }
{ Chapter 4 }
{ Chapter 5 }
{ Chapter 6 }
{ Chapter 7 }
{ Chapter 8 }
{ Chapter 9 }
{ Chapter 10 }
{ Chapter 11 }
{ Chapter 12 }
{ Chapter 13 }
{ Chapter 14 }
{ Chapter 15 }
{ Chapter 16 }
{ Chapter 17 }
{ Chapter 18 }
{ Chapter 19 }
{ Chapter 20 }
{ Chapter 21 }
{ Chapter 22 }
{ Chapter 23 }
{ Chapter 24 }
{ Chapter 25 }
{ Chapter 26 }
{ Chapter 27 }
{ Chapter 28 }
{ Chapter 29 }
{ Chapter 30 }
{ Chapter 31 }
{ Chapter 32 }
{ Chapter 33 }
{ Chapter 34 }
{ Chapter 35 }
{ Chapter 36 }
{ Chapter 37 }
{ Chapter 38 }
{ Chapter 39 }
{ Chapter 40 }
{ Chapter 42 }
{ Chapter 43 }
{ Chapter 44 }
{ Chapter 45 }
{ Chapter 46 }
{ Chapter 47 }

{ Chapter 41 }

737 28 4
By maybeillfallforyou

Issac's POV

"Stay here and fight." I said rapidly into my brother's mind, his dark wolf's eyes latched onto mine. He nodded quickly, the mutual understanding that this could be the last time we see each other present in the air. You could see it in Clary's eyes as well as they flickered towards Lira and my brother. This was what happened in war.

"Go" Tobias replied, his wolf moving away towards the chaos in the distance. Lira followed him and before I knew it they were gone, disappearing into the blur of brutality. I didn't take the time to linger and neither did Clary or Lucas as we bounded back into the forest; the human settlement far away.

I could practically feel my eyes shift to an icy blue as I channeled the pureblood inside me. I choose the quickest route I knew to the human settlement and stayed away from the fight. Clary was right beside me, Lucas trailing slightly as his tan wolf's eyes flickered with fear.

Finally, nestled beyond our boundaries and in the shadow of the mountains, the human settlement came into view. The ground became flatter and the trees thinned out, revealing highways and back roads.

I was breathing heavily, clouds of white breath encasing my head. Thunder clapped in the distance and caused Lucas to jump slightly, this storm that was coming would only make things harder.

The three of us began to race down the empty highway leading into town, an eerie feeling gripping us all.

A sound I had become familiar with went through me like an electric shock, eliminating the cold silence. The howls of pure bloods, many of them, raining all around and echoing off the distant buildings and homes. I bark sharply, urging everyone to run faster. Human screams and chaos had broken out and the small quiet town was under attack. All because of our kind and our war.

"Send reinforcements to the human settlement, immediately." I linked with some of my men. "Send only a few and make sure no Purum pack members follow you, they're under attack by several already."

I received a chorus of replies and agreements and then focused back to what was happening, we had reached the city limits and were still sprinting full on; the sounds of attacks pulling us like moths to a flame. The town was deserted on the outskirts but as we crept closer to the heart of it, it was brimming with chaos.

The humans were in a state of utter panic, running around with guns and climbing atop roofs. I looked to my right and saw a car on fire, a giant white wolf limping next to it with half its fur burned off. I growled deeply and took advantage of the situation.

The wolf, a muscular female, had her head low and her eyes locked on young man who had fallen nearby. The man was my age, and as I inspected him more I saw his leg was scorched like the white wolf's body. He had tried to blow up a car to kill her. But it had backfired and as the human yelled in pain on the ground from trying to stand, the pureblood closed in on him; her charred skin already healing.

I ran towards the two of them, rage blindingly senses. My body collided with the shewolf and for a second she was too surprised to fight back; that's all I needed. I clamped my jaws around the back of her neck and rolled forward; swinging her body forcefully. I heard a sharp snap and then her body slammed into the concrete; dark eyes rolling into the back of her head.

I quickly pulled myself away and stood up, spinning around to the human. He was pushed up against the curb, still trying to stand. His dirty face had tear tracks running down them and his messy hair was blowing in the heat-wind from the burning car.

"Please don't kill me..." He cried, his fingers gripping the pavement in pain. His eyes watched me like I was a monster, unpredictable and frightening.

I felt a presence come up behind me, Clary. Her scent calmed me down but my heart was still breaking from the slight of the young man. He was a clear representation of the brutality werewolves had brought upon humans.

I lowered my head and kept eye contact with him, walking slowly. I was about a foot away from him when I heard his breathing even out and his heart rate decrease. I wanted him to trust me.

I nudged my head to the alleyway behind him, a well hidden place he could be safe with his injury. His eyes followed my gesture and nodded quickly, finally getting himself to stand. He had almost reached the alley before he turned back around to Clary and I.

"You're not all bad." He whispered his eyes flickering to Clary, as if he was having a revelation. I felt my heart lurch.

The young human was right and as he lowered himself to the ground and hid, I remembered something that made me want to collapse on the spot.

"Why do the bad wolves live on the mountains, mother?" My small, ten year-old self asked quietly as my mother and I laid on top of the roof of the pack house.

"They're not all bad, Issac." She whispered back. "but they're born to become bad which makes the nice ones a miracle. You'll stumble upon a miracle one day."

Tobias' POV

I ran full force into the pureblood wolf that was charging at me, standing on my hind legs and putting all my energy into getting him on the ground. I could feel the strength radiating off him, his muscles overpowering me in seconds.

I hit the ground hard, the back of my head slamming against the rough ground. My vision swam with black spot for a few seconds but I quickly regained composure, not wanting the enemy to take advantage. He was bigger then me, his light grey eyes small in his big head, more muscle than speed. He was clumsy, relying more on his brute strength then fighting tactics.

His huge white wolf stood above me and was lunging to snap at my exposed throat, panic shot through me like a bullet and I reacted. Moving my back legs, I racked them down his stomach; dark blood instantly spilling across my body. I moved out of the way of his jaws and his face smacked into the ground. I wanted to laugh but didn't have time to be distracted as he growled demonically, his body rolling off waves of hatred towards me.

Using my speed and his fury as a advantage, I quickly latched my jaws onto the side of his neck; missing his throat by inches. I pulled myself out from underneath him, my brown coat dripping in his blood.

His rage-filled howl echoed around us and blended with the rest of the sounds of war. Sharp barks, tearing skin, the swoosh of paws as they flew through the air and howls of pain all became a roar of chaos.

I gaged as blood trickled into my mouth, the metallic warmth sliding down my throat. I dug my teeth deeper into his skin as he tried to shake me off, resulting in more blood in my mouth.

With a final, strong swing, my jaws became too weak and I was flung sideways; my body hitting the ground hard once more. I whimpered quietly, not wanting him to know I was hurt, as I stood up. His injuries were worse but they were already healing at a rapid pace and I hated him for it. I hated this war and I hated the one difference between this wolf and I; no matter how hard I fought he'd probably win because I was born without something he was.

I felt my stomach turn uneasily after swallowing so much of this wolf's blood. I began to feel so small as he got closer and began circling me. This was like a cat and a mouse; a predator toying with its prey before it killed it.

The giant white wolf jumped at me finally, my body reacting poorly because of my negative thoughts. I wasn't going to beat him and I knew it.

His jaws went for my throat and I scampered out of the way only slightly, his teeth latching onto my upper left leg. I howled and opened my eyes to look for help; my last resort. Lira, her beautiful wolf far away, was battling three other wolves; all men. My heart bled with pain as they taunted her like my attacker had. I wanted to run to save her but I was loosing my own fight.

Then, like a electrical shock through my veins, body body went stiff. I felt my head throw back and my eyes roll into the black of my head. Heat and power fused together inside me and I was stricken with fear as to what was happening. My body became loose again and my eyes went back to normal; but things had changed.

I could see farther than ever before. I could hear each individual breath of every wolf nearby. I could smell the bitter scent of blood on Lira far away. My senses were overwhelming and new, almost like they were suddenly heightened. But what really surprised me was the strength I had. All my injuries were forgotten as I growled deeply and swatted my paw at the wolf latched onto my shoulder, his body falling away instantly.

I was baffled by the change of my body. I dodged ever counterattack from the wolf I had just ben loosing too, our strength now leveled. His eyes latched onto mine and I chuckled at the fear they held.

"You have my eyes..." He growled furiously into my mind. I stopped in my tracks, power like never before rolling off me in waves as I stood in confusion. My mind swam with red once more, all the hatred I had for his wolf in front of me returning. My emotions were uncontrollable, like usual, and I reacted, lunging at him unexpectantly.

I clammed my jaws around his throat and pushed until he fell backwards. Once he was down and under me I twisted my head and felt his neck snap sharply.

I disentangled myself from his limp body, my heart beating faster then ever before. His light grey eyes were staring forward but no longer seeing anything, like the glass eyes of a stuffed animal. My mouth tasted horrible, like blood and death.

All around me I could sense everything; even the chaotic energy in the cold wind. I spun around, my mind instantly thinking of Lira now that my attacker was dead. My eyes, satisfyingly sharp, scanned the battle for her little wolf.

As soon as I caught her scent, I began to run towards it. She was everything I didn't wanted and yet everything I've needed. Her beauty never masked her danger; they fused together to create the regal, perfect shewolf I had come to adore.

I finally reached her after dodging several attempted attacks on my way. She had managed to kill one of the three wolves she was fighting. Her black eyes were panicky but as they landed on mine, they swam with reassurance.

Both our coats were stained with dark blood, hers fresh and my dried. Most of the blood on her white coat was hers and growled deeply.

In a blur of fangs, fur and claws I had the other two wolves who had been fighting my Mate lying lifeless on the dead grass. I turned back around to her and suddenly felt the empty space between us. Since we'd meet, we hadn't touched once. I knew her voice and she knew mine when we mindlinked earlier but I had yet to feel the sparks on my skin from her touch.

Before I could react, her smaller wolf ran up to me and buried her head into my chest. Pleasurable spark erupted across my body and I nuzzled her back, wanting to feel her close. Her presence was like nothing i'd ever experienced and I loved it.

Her white coat didn't scare me, she was different and she was like Clary; a Purum pack member wanting nothing to do with the blood in their veins.

Agonizing slow, Lira pulled away and her brown-black eyes connected with mine once more. She flinched and began to back away instantly and my mind screamed at me that I had done something wrong.

"What is it?" I quickly asked, her white wolf looking extremely concerned. The shadows of clouds rolling above us caused the atmosphere to feel heavy and cold, not to mention the war still going on around us.

"Your eyes aren't your own." She muttered into my mind, her sweet voice scared. "They're light grey."

A/N

Ooooooo something's goin on. ahaha thank you for reading and pleas vote and comment for faster updates; I like to hear what you guys have to say!

Please check out my short stories as well on my page!!

What do you think will happen next?

Love yalll -carolyn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 2.1K 38
Sierra is the alpha's daughter and only child, yet she's kept hidden in the pack house like some best kept secret. Her father never includes her in p...
1.9M 66.1K 34
O, the name which threatens every shifter in the country. No one has ever actually seen O, whose victims are always the Alpha's. The pack wolves desp...
47K 875 40
Lexi ran away from her pack, Midnight Cove, because of her father was abusing her. While on the run, she trespasses on a pack territory and is forced...
15.6K 675 29
When Adriane was six years old, her pack was attacked by hunters. Everyone had perished, including her parents who were the Alpha pair. She was sent...