Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? (...

By purplesmurf86

Imagine transferring to a new school your last year and finding it's filled with paranormal beings that only... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 11

6 1 0
By purplesmurf86

Chapter 11

        "So, it's not my son you want then. Hello Kristy, I'm Alpha Dasan," he said, morphing into a Middle aged man with a neat five o'clock shadow. His deathly dark brown eyes stabbed me through the heart as I realized what he'd done. He made me see who I wanted to see, like Rhys told me he could from his demon genes.

        Of course Rhys already knows I want Cam, but his Mom had looked a little hopeful when she asked me if I wanted him to come with me tonight. When we walked in together, Rhys right behind me, she'd lit up. When I shouted Cam's name, her smile faltered a bit.

        My shoulders relaxed and I sighed as quietly as humanly possible. I grabbed Alpha Dasan's hand and went to shake it before he lifted it to his mouth. After placing a feathery kiss there a shiver creeped down my back. Pure fear was the cause and if it hadn't been for Rhys's light touch on my lower back, I'd could have sprinted out the door. It's so awkward for someone's parents to want you to be into their child. It's also a little flattering too, I guess.

        I gulped, visibly and smiled. "Yeah, I guess not.

        We all sat at the table and placed our drink orders. Rhys shared a glare with his father as he handed me a menu. I took it, and as I did, brushed my finger tips across his. His gaze snapped over to meet mine as I gave my head the slightest of shakes to let him know that I'm over it.

        "So, what did you do to that kid?" Alpha Dasan asked offhandedly looking at his menu. I glanced at Luna Jocelyn to see if she would offer me some support, but she just looked at her menu as if the rest of us weren't sitting here.

        "I asked you a question, and you're taking too long to answer. What did you do to the boy?" He asked fixing me with a menacing glare.

        I raise my chin slightly and look him in his face, although his gaze is too strong to meet I try my best. I waited until he took a breath to address me again before quickly answering, "I introduced myself."

        He tilted his head and pondered my answer. His voice lost its growl as he said, "I'll have two T-bones and four baked potatoes with cheese and bacon bits only."

        "I'll have the Cesar salad," Luna Jocelyn piped up.

        "I'll have the Ribye with mashed potatoes and two ears of corn. Since its a special ocasion I'd also like to order a bottle of Rioja Imperial Gran Reserva year 2004. Two glasses only please," Rhys ordered. All eyes turned to me.

        I took a breath before answering, "I'd like the Fettuccine Alfrado with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and mozzerella cheese, please."

        Why are these people so weird? I'd just been interrogated after not even two minutes of conversation!

        The waiter nodded after taking our orders and walked off. We sat there in silence as Alpha Dasan tapped away on his phone. "You introduced yourself? You didn't mark him or anything before hand and send him to our doorstep to gain inside access, did you?"

        "What? No, I wouldn't have known to do so Sir," I answered politely.

        "I wouldn't put it pass my son to do something reckless like trust a stranger," he said with a slight smile in his voice. After a pause he looked up and glared at Rhys, "Oh wait. He did." Their eyes flashed red at the same time. Whoa. What the hell?

        After feeling a bit uncomfortable I cleared my throat. I looked over at Luna Jocelyn and asked, "Um, Luna Jocelyn, did you invite me here to insult me ma'am?"

        She looked up from her nails with a worried glance, "No sweetheart, Alpha Dasan here just has to get all his burning questions out before he can lighten up. He won't be this rude the whole night."

        I looked over at him to see a slight smirk appear on his face, "I apologize Ms. Kristy, it's just that whenever my son trusts someone it is in the best interest of this town and everyone in it that I begin by questining his judgement. He's the next in line, but not by my choice."

        He glared at his son as Rhys ignored him and continued on with his game of Subway Surfers. I could see in the tenseness of his shoulders that he didn't like his dad's comment. He eyes glazed over and all emotion exited his face. I didn't like it either, and as I opened my mouth to protest Luna Jocelyn spoke up to ask, "So, how has Caleb been acting? I'd like to get to know him soon."

        "He's been really good lately. She talks to him in the morning when he wakes up and is in the process of teaching him how to take care of himself. He's begun to eat of his own accord and take naps. Everyday he grows strong, but he's not up to par yet. I'll begin training him soon though," Rhys said sounding like he was giving a report on a patient.

        "That's wonderful you two. Good job! Do you think he's ready to meet me Kristy?"

        I smiled widely at her, "I think he's about as ready as he'll ever be. From what Rhys told me about his parents' tragedy I can only assume he's not very quick to trust, but every day he gets happier and happier."

        She folded her hands under her chin and cooed, "Aw, this is amazing. I think I see why you are the only one that can get through to him. I'm going to drop by tomrrow with some surpises for him, do you think he'll like that?"

        "I think anything is worth a try ma'am," I laughed.

        "I think we should've left him out for the demons to get. He's been nothing, but a thing to worry about and care for. Had he been a wolf he'd have starved out there," Alpha Dasan said with no emotion. I got a sudden urg to growl, but held myself back. He's not worth my anger and I'm actually pretty scared of him. My gut churned as an image of sweet little Caleb being torn apart by demonic creatures.

        "Dasan! Why would you say something so cruel," Luna Jocelyn scoffed. They began argueing and I leaned over to Rhys and whispered, "Now I know what you mean about your dad. He's a piece of work."

        He simply paused his game and gave me a pointed look that said, 'unfrotunately'. The waiter returned with our drinks and Rhys's wine. He placed one glass in front of Rhys and one in front of me. "Oh no," I said waving at the glass of wine he began pouring, "I'm not-"

        "The law doesn't matter here. You can have the wine," Rhys said taking a haughty sip from his glass.

        "Um, okay," I muttered glancing worriedly at the adults. They're still argueing, not paying the seventeen year olds with alcoholic beverages no mind. I sipped the bitter sweet liquid and sat the glass down feeling a bit awkward to be drinking alcohol in front of adults. Wine will get you drunk before you realize it and I don't have Rhys's super tolerence. I am no lady when drunk either.

        "You truely performed a mirical. I think I speak for everyone in the pack when I say you have our upmost graditude. If there is ever anything we can do for you don't hesitate to ask. And if you do hesitate, I will find out and do it myself," Alpha Dasan said with a level voice void of malice. I smiled at his weird way of showing his appriciation.

        "It's funny, because your son had the same reaction as you when I asked him not to buy me things," I said smirking and sipping my wine.

        "Well, I guess he did retain something useful in that empty head of is," Alpha Dasan said as if it wasn't offensive and simply a fact. I'm begining to look forward to Rhys becoming Alpha more and more.

        "You and me both," Rhys muttered for me to hear. I must have missed what he replied to. Oh well. The rest of the night I will have to fight the urge to speak the next time Alpha Dasan opens his trash mouth. Rhys sputters out a laugh and clicks his phone's screen off.

        He looks at me with a smile, "Toast to our savior." We all clink our glasses.

        As the evening wore on the conversation got more and more normal. "What would you like to study in college? Eairly Child Development perhaps?" Luna Jocelyn asked spearing chicken with her fork.

        I wiped my mouth and swallowed my food before answering, "Um, no, actually. That's a great idea, but I want to become a Veterinarian."

        She smiled really wide, "How appropreiate."

        "Yeah, I guess I was destined to end up here," I laughed.

        She smiled politely after sharing a glance with Alpha Dasan. I sipped my wine as he asked, "Has my son tried to win you over yet? You mentioned him buying you things? I hear you and Cameron are quite close though," Alpha Dasan asked.

        "How do you so easily dismis Lexi?" Rhys asked angrily.

        I gave him a confused look, but he is too busy glaring at his father to see it.

        "Why do you insist on entertaining someone I don't approve of? Do you not understand you are my least favorite son? You may think you have complete control over your life, but remeber this town could possibly be in your hands one day," Alpha Dasan asked nastily.

        "Excuse me sir, why do YOU insist on speaking about me as if I am an object. With all due respect your son couldn't 'win me over' if he'd wanted to. I'm not as simple minded as you may presieve me to be," I stated simply. It's a common misconseption all adults have about girls in my age group. They all think that because their sons are attractive they can just have us wrapped around their fingers.

        I don't know why I'm hurt about hearing that Rhys has a girlfriend, but that was pretty much my natural reaction. If I speak like I don't like him it will make me not like him. I hope. He can't get me even if he wanted to, right? I might have a very slight crush on him, but only because of his apperence. I'm not shallow enough to think that looks could ever compensate for feelings, and to be honest, I don't know Rhys enough to have feelings for him. I have to remember that the time we're spending together is just to help Caleb and not to let my hormones influence my heart. He's not tried to hit on me anyway. It just floors me that Alpha Dick is so sure his son is capable of capturing my heart without effort.

        It's too bad anyway he's with Lexi. If he likes her enough to not hit on me, why doesn't he ever bring her up? Huh? Whatever.

        Alpha Dasan raised his eyebrows at me and smiled. I'm not sure this is a good thing. I don't like being his choice for Rhys. As ugly as he is to him, I'm sure he dosen't think all too kindly of me since he's so sure we're a good match. I straigtened my back and focused on the cloth napkin in my hands.

        "Why don't you think I could make you love me?" Rhys asked. I squirmed in my seat as they all smiled creepily at me, as if in on some joke I'm left out of.

        "Um, because I like Cam?"

        "You don't sound very sure Kay," Rhys said smirking. In that sentence I heard a bit of an accent I can't place. Something exoctic. I hadn't noticed it before now, but they all have it.

        "Oh I'm sure. I have been since the eight grade."

        "You mean to tell me Ace has had a chance with you since you guys were in the eight grade and he's only jumped on his oppurtunity once he gets a girlfriend? That's a low blow Kay," Rhys said sympatheticly, downing his wine.

        "Whatever. Your son and I would never work anyway. I hate the way he treats Caleb sometimes," I muttered the last part.

        Rhys shrugged and sipped his refilled glass.

        "I don't doubt that Ms. Kristy. He will certainly make a horrible husband and an even worst Alpha and father. That Lexi girl deserves him, but you, certainly deserve better. Way better than him, and even better than Cameron," Alpha Dasan said with a wry smile.

        I was torn between feeling flattered and defensive. Who says shit like that to someone they only just met like twenty minutes ago.

        "I agree, not about my baby, of course, but about Cam. He shouldn't make you feel torn between your feelings for him and the right thing," Luna Jocelyn said sweetly. I smiled at her kindness and finished my pasta.

        I heard my words begin to slur as I said, "I think I'm happy with being alone right now anyway. Moving here has been enough ov-a change. I'm just gonna enjoy my seniorear."

        "Okay, there's the slur. No more wine Beautiful. Give me your glass," Rhys said reaching across the circular table.

        "Woah, you think I'm beautiful? Don't let Lexi hear you say that Handsome," I teased with the confidence of slight intoxication, handing him my glass.

        "Woah, you think I'm handsome? Don't let Lexi hear you say that," he mocked with a wink.

        Luna Jocelyn laughed at our teasing as Rhys dragged his chair over to sit right next to me. The tense air was broken, just like that. Then, the waiter bought over the most delectable looking dessert in the world. It's a giant wine glass with a humongus brownie topped with one scoop of chocolate ice cream, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and wallnuts. A drizzle of chocolate syrup adorns the very top of the bohemeth as steam rises from it's de;ectable depths.

        Rhys smiled really widely at me and placed a fork in my hand. I can feel the heat of the brownie radiating from the glass as I say, "I am about to commit the happiess chocolate indused suicide on the planet."

~~~~~~~~

        "Oh my God that was divine! Yes, as in, of the gods divine!" I yelled like a dork as we stepped into the car.

        "You ate more of it than I did. Where did you put it Kay?"

        "I have no idea, but it's a very happy place now," I sighed as I settled into the passenger seat.

        He laughed as the car roared to life. "I think we can say we're chocolate wasted," he laughed lamely.

        I shook my head with a huge smile at his exposed dorkiness and my eyes closed. I must have nodded off in the cool car because as I come to Rhys is turing the corner on my block. The kid must have worn me out today, and that meal has me so full and happy. Today was just a really good day besides Alpha Dasan's Alpha Dickness.

        "Somebody enjoyed their food," Rhys said glancing over at me.

        "Yup," I said with a pop, my brain grogly waking up.

        "I apologize for my Dad, but I did warn you. And, trust me, I wanted to punch him in the face for the comment about Caleb too. He has no boundries, but my mom handled it."

        "So, is it like the Luna's job to keep the Alpha in check?"

        "Pretty much," he shrugged.

        I refrained from asking about Lexi for the same reason I don't ask Cam about Jas. But, with Rhys I'm actually afraid of the answer. I don't know why, but I want to be one of Rhys's interests now. I guess I have a competitive spirit, and now that I know he has someone, I want to be that someone. But, if that's the case, why don't I feel that way about Cam?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 15.9K 62
When Stiles was sacrificed to the Nemeton, Lydia was supposed to be his connection to bring him back. But what if their connection wasn't strong enou...
6.6M 283K 34
Archer Morales's life is finally perfect. He's married to the girl of his dreams and finally has a job he enjoys. But when something completely unexp...
866K 34.4K 48
"Home, he felt like home." Willow Greene was 'Rejected' by the most popular guy in school, Hunter Reed, who was also called as 'Alpha', ever since th...
90.9K 2.1K 104
"What is this" he asks, his voice is calm, but his expressions is anything but that. There were multiple gasps in the room, when he suddenly flings...