Sunshine (Haikyuu Various x R...

By Ethel1142

"I'm gonna make these boys fly high. Let's do it!" All characters and plot belong to Haruichi Furudate. More

Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Halloween Special
Christmas Special
Chapter 13

Chapter 2

17.6K 441 563
By Ethel1142

First POV

We all just stood there in silence for what seemed like a while when really, it was like 30 seconds before Kageyama realized who was talking to him.  Kage managed to fix himself up and stood up a bit straighter.

"We met last year. I forgot your name," he finally stated.

I face palmed internally at his bluntness. Sometimes, this boy does not have a filter.  Shōyō continued to look at him with irritation.

"My name is Shoyo Hinata, okay?  But I'm sure you don't even remember who I am. I mean you destroyed us in one game-"

"I remember exactly who you are," Kage said back to him, cutting the orange head off.

He looked like he was having a flashback to the prelims last year. Or he was analyzing him, one of those. Ren and I just stayed quiet and by the door. I kinda had a feeling that this might turn bad real fast.

"What's with the silent treatment?" Shoyo finally asked.

Kageyama just kinda looked at him in a weird way, causing Shoyo to put his hands up all defensive like.

"What, you wanna fight or something?" He asked.

"Oh don't be a dumbass!" Kage shouted at him.

I thought they would start getting physical, so I stepped in.

"Come on, guys, let's not fight on the first day," I tried to reason.

I'm not really a confrontational person. I like to solve things peacefully, although ALL of my friends are absolutely terrified of me when I'm really mad. I didn't think I was that scary. The boys didn't seem to hear me.

"D-don't make fun of me. I might've lost really bad the first time we met, but never again. Look, I came to get my revenge and I find out you're on the same team as me?  How am I supposed to kick your butt that way?" Shoyo kept saying while pointing his finger at Kage.

I didn't want to get mad, but I was getting a little irritated at them. Ren stayed by the door. I think it finally registered in Kage's mind that I was there because he looked shocked and was caught off guard.

"Why are you here?!" He yelled while pointing at me.

I laughed and rubbed the back of my head. After that, I did jazz hands.

"Surprise. I said I was coming to Karasuno, didn't I?" I revealed while giving him a small smile.

Shōyō looked confused.

"Hold on, (Y/N), you know this jerk?" Shōyō asked as he made his way over to me.

I nodded. Kage didn't seem to like Shōyō calling him that.

"We went to the same middle school, idiot," Kage answered before I could, with irritation in voice.

That didn't really help with anything. Shōyō turned back around and got all defensive again.

"S-shut up!  Anyway, there are a ton of other good schools you could've gone to. Why didn't you go to those ones instead?" Shoyo asked him.

I heard Ren snicker from behind me. I had forgotten Kageyama said he was going to take Shiratorizawa's entrance exam.  I was gonna ask him about it, but I guess I forgot. I turned and gave Ren a look. He motioned his hand for me to listen to Kage.
Let's just say, I could tell how the exam went by looking at his face. I sighed.

"You failed it, didn't you?" I concluded bluntly.

He blushed a little from embarrassment and nodded. Shoyo looked a little shocked when I said that.

"You didn't get in? They rejected the King of the Court?" Shoyo questioned.

I took in a quick breath of air when Shoyo called Kage that name. Of course, he didn't know, but still. Kageyama absolutely despises being called that. He turned to Shoyo with a hard glare, causing him to flinch.

"Never call me that, ever," he demanded.

Shoyo flinched a little when he said that. Shōyō scooted a little bit towards me after Kage said that.

"Why does he get so mad over that?" He asked while leaning towards me.

I leaned back towards him. I don't think Shōyō actually knew why they called Kage that, but I would fill him in later so he wouldn't get his butt kicked.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered back.

I don't know if it was just me, but Kage seemed to glare even harder when Shoyo was talking to me.

"How the hell do you know this shrimp, (Y/N)?" He asked kind of harshly.

I was kind of used to it, so it didn't really bug me. Everyone thought I had nerves of steel, but honestly, his yelling did scare me sometimes.

"He's the one I've been helping after school," I answered calmly and nicely.

Kage looked really shocked when I said that. I might've hit a small nerve.

"You've been wasting your talent on him when you could've been using it for something else?  What is wrong with you!?" He snapped at me. 

I flinched a little, but I wasn't scared of him. Sure, I didn't like his yelling, but I know Kage would never hurt me on purpose. He tends to talk before he thinks.

"Well, he asked. And I would've done the same for you too. But you're always so stuck on figuring stuff out by yourself," I told him.

He looked down. I could tell he felt a little guilty. I smiled and walked over to him. I wanted him to know I wasn't mad.

"But, since we're here, I get to help both of you out," I smiled.

I think that made him feel a little better. The only bad part is that Shoyo and him started arguing again. I sighed, trying to figure out what to do until I heard a familiar voice.

"Well, well, well. Now what do we have here?  You trying to pick a fight with my special girl?" Tanaka asked with his delinquent face.

I giggled a little as I made my way over to Daichi, Suga, and Tanaka. Tanaka has always called me little pet names, so I was used to him saying things. He's also wanted me to use his first name too, but I'm so used to calling him by his surname that I tend to forget.

"You're Kageyama?" Daichi asked him.

Kageyama kind of stiffened as Daichi took out a piece of paper.

"Yeah."

I made my way over to Ren, who finally walked into the gym, and Suga.  Suga ruffled my hair a little and laughed. I swatted his hand away and giggled as well.

"So, I'm glad you decided on Karasuno. It'll be fun with you here," he told me with a smile.

I hummed in agreement and turned my attention back to Daichi and them.

"Nice to meet ya," Daichi said to Kage.

Suga had made his way over to Kageyama, observing his height. For his age, Kageyama was pretty tall. He stood at almost 6 feet tall. I kinda felt bad for Shoyo though, because as Daichi was talking to Kageyama, he tried to make himself known. Luckily, it finally worked.

"Hey!!" He shouted.

I had to giggle at the amount of effort it took. Daichi can be pretty blind sometimes.

"I think you missed someone, Daichi," I commented teasingly.

Tanaka seemed to recognize Shoyo. He started to yell and then pointed at him.

"Hey!  It's you! You're the shorty," he somewhat yelled while pointing at Shoyo.

Daichi looked at the papers that I'm guessing were the applications. He looked a little confused.

"Wait a minute, so there's a kid here that goes by the name, Shoyo Hinata. I guess that's you?" He questioned the orange haired boy.

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

Ren, Shoyo, and I were a little confused on what Daichi meant.

"It's just kinda surprising. But hey, you all chose Karasuno. Ren, glad you decided to join too," Daichi said, facing Ren.

Ren nodded and had a proud smile on his face. Like our childhood friends, he looked up to the third years at Karasuno as well.

"Didn't mean you freak you guys out. It's just that you three made a big impression last year," Suga explained.

Well, he wasn't wrong. Towards the end of the prelims, Ren finally got to show his stuff. Ren is an amazing volleyball player. He specializes in a lot of the setter stuff as well, but he was an excellent pinch server.  He had gotten an offer to go to Seijoh, but turned it down since he wanted to go to Karasuno so bad.

"Thank you so much," Shoyo thanked them. 

"Not to mention that jump of yours," Suga mentioned.

Tanaka snickered as I made my way over to the group.

"Too bad you haven't had a growth spurt though," he laughed.

Shoyo looked a little down. Sure, Shōyō hadn't grown that much, but he could still play pretty well.  I gave Tanaka a look.

"Tanaka, don't tease-"

"I know, I may be small, but I've got talent. I'll be Karasuno's ace before you know it," Shoyo declared after he cut me off.

My eyes widened. So he wanted to got that route huh?  Well, I'll support him either way, because he has a long way to go. Tanaka gave him another look.

"Oh, you have your eyeballs on the ace position do ya?  Somebody's got cojones," he smirked.

Shoyo blushed as I felt my ears being covered. As you can tell, some people don't want me hearing what Tanaka had to say sometimes.

"Tanaka! We still have an innocent mind in here," I heard Ren shout through my muffled ears.

"Oops, sorry."

I laughed as I took Ren's hand off of my ears.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with having a goal like that, right?" I asked as I walked up to Shoyo.

He blushed a little and then looked at us with eyes full of determination.

"Yeah, I'll do my best!" He declared.

"Okay, then," a voice began.

I could tell Kageyama still wasn't very happy to be in the same team as Shōyō. Guess that grudge hadn't gone away. I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

"Now that you've sworn to become the ace, you'd better be prepared to back it up. If you're not careful, you'll waste another 3 years."

That hit a nerve.

"Excuse me?" Shoyo began.

I could tell he was mad. He had worked really hard, so he didn't really like that Kage saying he was wasting his time. I walked over to Daichi and the others, just as the last person you'd expect to walk in entered.

"What's all the noise in here?" The vice principal asked.

I froze a little bit, and so did everyone else. Kage and Shōyō didn't notice him at all as they kept arguing.

"Oh turd, VP," Tanaka said quietly as he straightened his posture.

"Would you be quiet?"

"Why don't you be quiet."

Tanaka and Suga argued a little as he walked in. I stood by Daichi as the VP laid his eyes on the two arguing boys.

"Are you boys fighting in here?" He asked Daichi.

"Nope, we're just working as hard as ever, Vice Principal," Daichi told him.

I decided to help out a little. I didn't want Daichi getting in any trouble since he was the captain.

"Yes sir, we're just trying to get settled in with the groove of things," I told him.

The vice principal was really stoked that a national level volleyball player was going to his school, so he was a bit nicer to me.

"Ah, Ms. Udai. I am so glad you are doing well with settling in. I expect no less from a polite young lady such as yourself," he told me.

I smiled as I looked to Daichi, who gave me a grateful smile

"Thanks," Daichi whispered while giving me a small nudge. 

I continued to smile up at him. Unfortunately, that didn't really help on the other end. Tanaka tried to help. Keyword, 'tried'.

"Hey, behave yourselves around the VP. That guy's always waiting for us to slip up," Tanaka warned the other two first years.

But not even Tanaka could get them to stop. This was headed where I didn't want it to head.

"Serve it to me. I'm a different person than last year," Shoyo challenged suddenly.

Kageyama smirked as he grabbed a ball. I tried to say something then, thinking they would listen to me.

"I really don't think this is a good idea, you two," I said trying to reason with them.

Again, in one ear and out the other with them.

"So you think you're a different person, huh? Well, I've improved a bit in the last year too," Kage smirked with a ball in his hand.

"Alright, alright, that's enough smack talk, you guys," Daichi tried to say.

Daichi looked like he was losing his patience. And the VP still didn't look impressed either.

"They're both first years, aren't they?  Why aren't they as well-behaved as those two?" the VP asked pointing to Ren and I. 

We both just kind of ignored him as we all saw Kageyama do a jump serve. It hit the ground hard, and Shoyo wasn't able to receive it.  He landed on the ground pretty hard. We were all really shocked by it. Kage's jump serve looked a lot like Tooru's and I don't remember him ever practicing a jump serve. He looked at Shoyo, who was on the ground.

"Pathetic, how's that any different from last year?" He taunted.

Shoyo didn't like that. He glared at Kageyama and stood up again.

"One more try," he commanded.

"Guys, come on, knock it off already," I tried to say.

They didn't listen, of course. It was starting to get on my nerves a little, but I kept my composure. 

"I see the new recruits have no respect for their captain. If this keeps up-"

The VP was cut off by the ball that bounce off of Shoyo and hit him in the face, knocking off his hair piece in the process. It landed right on Daichi's head.
I tried so hard not to laugh. I knew his hair was fake, but it would've been rude to say anything. Ren and Tanaka were trying not to laugh too.

"Woah, that was a toupee?" Kage asked as he walked over.

"You just now figured that out? I noticed it during the-MMPH!"

I quickly ran over and placed my hand over his mouth. Sometimes he didn't have a filter either.

"Shoyo, shush!" I whisper-shouted him as gave me a look.

The VP looked a little embarrassed and looked at Daichi as he took the hairpiece off.

"Sawamura, a word please?"

They talked for what seemed like hours. I took my chance to smack both of those idiots on the head.

"What were you two thinking? You could be kicked out for something like this. Fighting solves nothing," I scolded them as they stayed sitting down in front of me.

Tanaka started laughing hard with his hands on his stomach and Suga sighing.

"Ooh, she got you there, boys," he laughed.

"Good grief," Suga added as he put his hand on his forehead.

As they were about to say something back, Daichi walked back into the gym.  He made his way over to us. I backed up a bit towards Ren and Suga because Daichi did not look happy. He's really scary when he's mad.

"Luckily, we're not in trouble, he doesn't even want an apology. But, we have been sworn to secrecy. And as for you two-" he began but was cut off by Kage.

"If you had received right, it wouldn't have happened in the first place," he yelled to Shoyo.

"Can it!" Daichi yelled before Shoyo could say anything.

I didn't want to see Daichi mad today, so I flinched when he yelled. I stand by my statement. He was scary when he got angry. Really scary.

"There's something I want to tell you. I don't know what your reasons were for choosing to come to this high school, but I assume you came to win," Daichi said to them.

And so began the talk between the captain and the two first years about how Karasuno will be on top once again. I believed that it would happen. It was just a matter of how we would get the team, more specifically two teammates, to work together. That was gonna take some work.

"We even have the advantage of having a national level volleyball player joining our club this year, so until you two learn to work together, you are banned from all club activities!" Daichi yelled as he pushed them both out the door and slammed it in there faces.

I stood there kinda stunned for a minute. Oh man, that could've gone way worse. I heard both Shoyo and Kage yelling at us to let them back in. 

"Daichi, are you sure about this? I mean, how's this gonna help them? I don't think they'd work with each other that quickly," I tried pointing out to him as I walked to his side.

Ren hummed in agreement.

"(Y/N) and I have known them both since middle school, they're both stubborn cookies," Ren added.

"Yeah, I know but," Daichi started.

It then kind of hit me in the brain. I realized what he was doing. I smirked at him.

"Oh, I see where you're going with this," I realized.

"You do?" Suga, Tanaka, and Ren all asked.

It was probably because I've known the troublesome two for a while that I knew what the captain was talking about. Daichi smiled at me and then turned to everyone else.

"Well then, now that that's settled, let's talk about why you're here, (Y/N)," he said as he walked over to me.

I looked at him with confusion as Suga spoke up.

"Yeah, I thought you were going to join the girls team. Not that we don't want you here, but you are known as the 'Queen of the Crows' for a reason," Suga pointed out.

My nickname, 'Queen of the Crows'. That name was actually given to me by the Nationals team, being as that my grandpa, dad, older brother, and cousin went to school here. However, even though I'm called that here, it's not the name they use for me on the court. But, that's a story for another time.

"What should it matter why she's here?  We now have two beautiful ladies cheering us on," Tanaka declared as he blushed.

I laughed and sat on the stage next to Ren. I was kind of confused by this whole thing too.

"I mean, I tried to go to the girls' team. Don't get me wrong, I love Yui and all, but even she thought I would be better suited for the boys' team. Then, I went to the VP for an application, and he offered me the job of being a coach for you guys. I don't know where that came from," I explained as I shrugged my shoulders. 

Everyone except for Daichi, were surprised at the news. I looked over at Daichi, and I knew that look on his face. Suspicion had made its way to my facial expression.

"Daichi, what did you say to him?" I asked him as I arched an eyebrow.

Daichi kind of flinched and then rubbed the back of his neck, laughing nervously.

"Well, I may have asked the VP personally if you'd be the coach and maybe a player for our team. It's not against the rules of anything if they're practice matches. I asked Michimiya, and she thought that it'd be a good idea too. But, it's only if  you're okay with doing it," he explained as he looked back at me. 

Everyone got a little scared at my silence. I got off the stage and walked over to Daichi, nobody could tell if I was mad or happy because my (h/l) hair was covering my eyes.

"Daichi," I began.

I could tell everyone was shaking. See, I told you, they get scared when I'm mad, which I'm not.

"Dude, I think he pissed your sister off," Tanaka whispered to Ren. 

Ren was shaking a little bit since he's seen me really mad before. 

"Maybe, but I don't feel like seeing the devil today," he squeaked.

Suga just kind of stayed silent, but he was terrified too.  I was in front of Daichi and I placed my hands in his shoulders and started shaking him a little. Daichi's only about 2 inches taller than me, so I was able to shake him pretty hard.

"Why didn't you just ask me?!  I would love to help you guys out, but you have to let me know these things first!" I yelled as I was shaking him.

Everyone seemed to be relieved that I wasn't mad or anything. Daichi and Suga started laughing as Suga ruffled my hair, even though I'm like 2 inches shorter than him, I think. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

"Man, you had us freaked out for a minute. It'll be awesome to have you as a coach. The others will be stoked about that," Suga said with a smile.

I blushed a little. Suga was always a really nice and handsome boy, so I would get embarrassed and flustered sometimes when he said stuff.  Daichi looked relieved too.

"Sorry, about that whole surprise. I can't guarantee that you'll be able to play, but we'll try and get you to in practice matches. Welcome to the team, Coach," he smiled.

I sighed and nodded with a smile. Ren and Tanaka were excited and started praising on how everyone will be jealous that they have a hot girl/national winning volleyball player as a coach. I only had one thing about this.

"No calling me 'Coach' all of the time, though, that's just sounds weird since most of you guys are older than me," I told them.

Daichi let out a chuckle.

"You got it, kiddo. Hey, did you grow a little? I think you're almost as tall as me," he commented as he analyzed me a little.

I blushed a little. I was embarrassed about my height sometimes because I know I'm a bit taller than the average girl.

"Maybe, I'm still taller than Ren though," I teased while looking at my brother.

Ren glared at me as I smirked back. Let the mimic fight begin.

"I'm still taller than Ren though," he mimicked.

He and I went back and forth for a few minutes before Daichi broke us up.  They were all used to it. At that point, the other players walked in.  I tried to look for two in particular while waving to Ennoshita, Kinoshita, and Narita, three second years that were on the team too. I was looking around to see if I could find two more familiar faces, but I couldn't. I looked over to Suga.

"Hey, Suga, where're Asahi and Nishi?" I asked the grey haired setter.

Suga kind of looked a little down when I asked. Asahi was the team's ace. Although, he's really, really shy and fragile, he looked like someone who could beat the crap out of you, not to sound mean. Suga proceeded to tell me what happened to the ace and libero of the team.

"Oh, I see. So, Asahi kinda lost motivation after the Date Tech game, and Nishi was just being Nishi, huh?" I concluded. 

I was sad to hear about those two. Asahi is Karasuno's ace while Nishinoya is our Libero. They worked together a lot, but I couldn't believe that they weren't on the team anymore.

"Yeah, I know Asahi'll be happy to see you if you're ever around that part of the school. Maybe you could talk to him, I know he'll listen to you," Suga suggested.

I thought for a minute before I hummed in agreement. I had met Asahi along with Suga and Daichi. They knew my older brother too since they were first years when he was a third year.

"Maybe I'll call Nishi too. See what's up with him," I suggested.

"Now I know Noya will definitely listen to you. You're the one person I know that can tame that tornado," Suga agreed.

I laughed at the nickname he called the libero. After that, Daichi called me over to be introduced, even though I knew everyone already. After all of the introductions of me being the new coach, we got to practice. I heard the door open and saw another third year that I was friends with. I walked over to her.

"Hi, Kiyoko," I smiled as I gave her a hug.

She hugged me back.

"Hey, (Y/N), I heard Daichi got you position of coach this year. Pretty cool," she said with a small smile.

Kiyoko Shimizu was a third year manager of the boys volleyball team. Since she was the only girl, she and I bonded quickly and have been close friends ever since. Tanaka was always fawning over her and I, so when he saw us together, he kind of lost it.

"The heavens have blessed me with the presence of these two beautiful angels. I am not worthy."

"Tanaka! Get back to practice!" Daichi yelled to him.

Practice went on with me helping everyone with all kinds of things. I knew the other two were still here because I just knew that they would do everything that they could to get back into the gym. I wanted to help them, but Daichi wasn't wrong when he said that they needed to work together. After practice ended, I was gathering my things when I heard the door open.

"We challenge you to a match," they both yelled at the same time.

Ren tried to hold in his laughter.  I sweat-dropped. Tanaka lost it.

"Guys, I'm psychic!" He wheezed through laughter.

"How many times did you rehearse that?" Suga asked them.

I laughed a little as I made my way over to them. They wanted to be in the club so bad, and I wanted them to be in it too. But the fighting had to stop. Finally, Daichi said something to them.

"Here's an idea, we have two other first years joining the team. You'll play against them in a 3 on 3 match. We do this game every year with our club members so we can get an idea on how they play,"he explained.

Shoyo and Kage looked a little shocked that they would be doing a match so soon. Shoyo then seemed to realize something.

"Well, if it's gonna be a 3 on 3, then who's gonna be our third player?" He asked.

Daichi looked to me and Tanaka. He smirked as we looked at him weirdly. What was on your mind, Daichi?

"I'll give you both an advantage of having both Tanaka and (Y/N) on your team. You two have to stay on the court the whole time, so we'll switch out Tanaka for (Y/N) half way through," he explained to the two boys.

All eyes went wide, including mine. I wasn't expecting that.

"Woah, really?! You're gonna play with us, (Y/N)?" Shoyo asked with excitement.

I looked at him for a minute before I said something. Why did Daichi always have to pull fast ones on us like that? But hey, they were my friends, so I was more than happy to help.

"Guess I am. I'm up for helping you guys out," I smiled.

Both Shoyo and Kage blushed as Tanaka swung his arm around my shoulder.

"You two dorks are lucky to have this amazing girl and yours truly on your team," he boasted as he pointed to himself.

I giggled as I put my arm around him as well. This was going to be fun. Even though this was going to be a good match, I knew there was a penalty if they were to lose. That's just how Daichi worked.

"Anyway, here's the penalty if you lose. For the remainder of my time here at Karasuno, Kageyama cannot be the setter," he declared.

Both Kage and I looked at him like he was crazy. Sure, Kageyama was a really talented player, but he had advantages of him being a setter more than any other position on the court.

"Is that the only penalty we have, sir?" Shoyo asked Daichi.

Daichi looked at them both with a hard gaze.

"With a setter's who's self-centered, aggressive, and driven by his own ego, the team can't win. I'm not saying I'm rejecting your application to join, but I'm sure you'll be well-suited to a different position," Daichi told Kage.

Kage bursted when he said that.

"NO WAY, I'M A SETTER!" He shouted.

"Then win the game. You're the one who thought you could win with no help," Daichi told him.

Shoyo felt like he was left out again. He began waving his arms as I looked to him.

"C'mon, I'm over here too, ya know," he whined.

"We play on Saturday."

And with that, Daichi walked back into the gym with Tanaka after he said that, while I stayed by the door. I looked to the two, who looked like they were having an internal battle about this. I turned to them and smiled.

"Look, I know what Daichi said may have hit a nerve, but look at it this way. You guys get a chance to play a game already, you can show off your skills, but you have to do it together. In volleyball, there's no one on one. It's six people that are there to help you win, and to me, that's the best feeling in the world. Plus, you'll have me and Tanaka with you. And I promise, that I will help you win so that Kage gets to be the setter," I told them while smiling confidently.

They both looked at me with shocked expressions. I think I broke them, but I was happy. Anyway to help them made me happy. Plus, that's what friends and coaches do. I put my hands on my hips and looked back to them.

"I'll help you both out, as your coach and as your friend. But you have to be willing to work your butts off, got it?"

"Yes, Ma'am!" They both agreed.

I smiled and turned back to go back in the gym where everyone was waiting for me. Tanaka made his way over to me while making sure no one was watching.

"Did you give them a pep talk?" Tanaka asked me.

I nodded and beckoned him to bring his head closer to mine.

"Yeah. Hey, I have an idea," I told Tanaka as I whispered something in his ear.

He nodded and turned to the team, who were cleaning up.

"I forget, we start practice at 7 A.M. tomorrow don't we?" Tanaka asked while making sure the two outside could here us.

It wasn't very convincing though, but, oh well. Suga looked at him with confusion.

"Uh, yeah. Is that a problem?" He asked.

I smiled innocently as I walked up to Tanaka while putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Nope, not a problem at all. You know Tanaka, he forgets things," I said as I walked over near the door a little bit.

I heard them begin to walk off.

"Alright then, 5 A. M."

"Don't be late."

And off they ran. I sighed a little. I didn't want to get up early, but if it was to help those two, I was gonna have to. I waved Ren to come over.

"What's up?" He asked as he ran over.

I looked around to make sure Daichi and Suga weren't listening.

"Looks like you, Tanaka, and I are getting up early tomorrow," I told him.

Ren looked at me like I was crazy.

"What?!? What do you-"

I clapped my hand on his mouth and glared at him.

"Shh! Keep it down. It's just between us three, okay?" I told him.

He reluctantly agreed. Well, I was gonna have to go to bed early tonight.

The Next Morning

"I can't believe you talked me into this," Ren whined.

"Oh shush," I told him.

This was a mistake. I'm exhausted.

We finally met up with Tanaka and began walking again. I felt myself sway a little as I was walking. I made the mistake of staying up a little later than I should have last night, because I was helping Saburo out with his volleyball skills. Big mistake. My sight became a little blurry and I felt someone grab my shoulder.

"Geez, I told you not to help him out so long last night," Ren told me.

I laughed a little. Before I knew it, Tanaka was crouched down in front of me.

"Get on, you can sleep a little bit before we get to school," he told me.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Won't I be a little heavy? I mean, I'm practically the same height as you," I said to him.

Tanaka and Ren let out a laugh as I continued to look at them, blood rushing to my face in embarrassment.

"Are you kidding? Despite you being tall, you're as light as a feather. Get on, goofball," Tanaka told me with a smirk.

I blushed even more, but did as I was told. I got onto Tanaka's back and laid my head on his shoulder. He lifted me up with ease and began walking. My eyes felt heavy, and I fell asleep almost immediately.

Third POV

After a few seconds of the trip walking, the shaved headed boy could hear the faints sounds of snoring from his back.

"Dude, is she asleep already?" Tanaka asked.

Ren went over to his sister and brushed her hair out of her face.

"Oh yeah, she's out," he said.

Tanaka was in heaven. He wore a cheesy smile on his face as the boys walked down the hill.

"Ahh, I can't believe I have a cute girl sleeping on me," he mumbled.

"That girl happens to be my sister, just so you know," Ren glared.

Tanaka kind of laughed it off. While he did like both (Y/N) and Kiyoko, he felt more comfortable around his female underclassmen. She was really nice and easy to talk to, which caused Tanaka to develop a crush on (Y/N) almost immediately. Ren, of course, knew that, but he knew his sister wasn't ready, so he did what he could to protect his twin. They both continued to talk until they made it to the gym, where they saw the troublesome duo.

"5 A. M. is way too early," Tanaka yawned.

The two looked over at the trio. Shōyō was the first to run up to them. He acted like he had gotten the right amount of sleep and was full on energy.

"Tanaka. Ren. Where's (Y/N)?" Shoyo asked.

Ren pointed to Tanaka's back. The boys looked, and saw the girl of the subject sleeping peacefully. Both Kage and Shōyō thought she looked adorable. Ren had other ideas.

"She passed out on the way here. I'll wake her up," Ren said as he got behind his twin and tasered her in the rib cage.

"Ahh!"

Big mistake. Tanaka felt the girl jump and then get down. He turned around and flinched when he saw her expression. One thing he and everyone knew about (Y/N), never tase her.

"Oh crap."

First POV

There I was, happily sleeping, until my idiot of a brother decided to touch my forbidden rib cage. I jumped and screamed. I looked over to Ren with a glare.

"Oh crap."

I got off of Tanaka and everyone looked scared.

"What did I tell you about waking me up like that, Ren?" I asked my brother, a deadly aura surrounding me.

He looked and me and started stuttering. Everyone knew to never tase me in my rib cage. It was forbidden territory.

"S-Sis, c-come on, let's talk about this," Ren stuttered as he held his hands out in defense as I stalked towards him.

"Uh, (Y/N)? W-we're here," Tanaka stuttered a little, trying to calm me down.

I looked over and saw Shoyo and Kage. They were shaking like leaves. I forgot about my anger and looked to them with a smile.

"You guys have 2 hours," Tanaka smirked as he showed them the keys.

Both Shoyo and Kageyama were happy. Shōyō has stars in his eyes.

"You're awesome," Shoyo said.

"Haha, thank you. Who's your hero first years? just call me 'Sir Tanaka'," Tanaka boasted.

"Sir Tanaka!" They both obeyed.

I laughed while Ren rolled his eyes.

"Haha, what was that?" Tanaka asked again.

"Okay, Sir Tanaka, that's enough. Come on, we don't have all morning," I told them.

"Oh right."

As Tanaka opened the door, I had a flashback as to what Daichi had said to us yesterday.

Flashback

"Is there some special reason you're doing this?" Suga had asked Daichi.

"Well, sort of. You saw those two play last year. Kageyama had exceptional talent in middle school, but now, he's got nothing to show for it. I don't want him dragging this team down," he explained with his arms crossed.

I kind of got where he was coming from with this.

"The only real problem is that him and Shoyo are on the same team. But I can just tell, that Shoyo and him haven't shown their full potential yet. If we can whip them into shape, I know that they'll be a force to reckon with," I continued for Daichi.

Everyone smiled. I knew these boys, and I was just determined to help them all that I could.

"And that's why I wanted you to be our coach," Daichi told me while putting his hand on my head.

Flashback End

I smiled as Tanaka opened the door. Even getting into the gym was a competition. I turned on the lights and Shoyo was in shock, again.

"Wow, check it out," he beamed.

"You were just here yesterday," Tanaka told him.

I laughed at his excitement. I took off my jacket and my sweatpants since I had shorts on underneath them. I put my black knee pads on and grabbed a ball.

"Alright boys, let's do this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 2.8K 23
ใ“ใฎๆœฌใง โž a collection of various haikyuu! x reader oneshots requests permanently closed fluff, angst, smut, AUs includes mature language MOST ONESHOTS...
217K 5.5K 64
Suna Rintarou X Fem! Reader "Everything must come to an end, but my ending will always be with you." Disclaimer: I don't own Haikyuu, Furudate does...
10.9K 476 17
"๐‡๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ก๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ข๐๐ข๐จ๐ญ!" "๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ. ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." โ™ค๏ธ haikyu characters belong to har...
115K 2.4K 15
โ™” - collection of oneshots and scenarios ft. you and your faves โ™” - fugo keiji x reader โ™” - requests are welcomed :)