Stories For the Papes -Newsie...

By PineapplesAndPapes

A Newsies Preferences and Imagines book that includes the 92sies, the cast from 1992, the OBC, the Toursies... More

Welcome!
An Idea For You!!
Broadway Me
Me x Newsie/ You x Newsie
Davey x Reader
Newsies 1992 React to Newsies Live
Brooklyn's Smarts
Girlsies Unite Imagines
One More Trick Up My Sleeve
Mutt of Manhattan
Nightmares of the Past
Ink Stains (Jack Kelly)
Headcanons
Newsies And What Instruments They Play

Helplessly in Love

190 2 64
By PineapplesAndPapes

Hey all!! This one is the first of the #GirlsiesUnite imagines. I will also post this in the #GirlsiesUnite official book. This is dedicated to LizzyKelly1899. Sorry it took so long for me to do this. I do not own the song "Helpless" from Hamilton or any of the Hamilton characters. I also don't own anything else I reference or any other songs I mention. I'm going to try to keep these somewhat concise and try not to throw too much extra plot in there (Unless you didn't request for one, then yeah we'll see how long it becomes. I'm usually pretty good at keeping these shortish... and by that I mean 3000 words, which really isn't short. Just don't think about what my English essays look like and we'll be great!!) but, we'll see how that goes. I just love to write. Also, this is a Modern AU. Anyways, without further ado...

It has been two years. Two beautiful years since Crutchie first asked LIzzy out on a date. Two years since they became a couple. And now, Crutchie knew it was time to move forward. He could have asked her a year ago and he almost did but something held him back...until now. Crutchie bought the engagement ring in his pocket a year ago and now he was finally going to use it. He is finally going to propose to the girl that he loves. 

Later that night as they are on a date, Crutchie pulls LIzzy off to the side on the Brooklyn Bridge. 

"Lizzy, listen, we've been together for awhile now and so, since we've been together for two years now, I have something to ask you....Will you make two years with me something that lasts forever?" Crutchie asks, trying his best that he can to kneel with his crutch supporting him. Lizzy lets out a small gasp. 

"Are you....?" she asks slowly. 

"Yes, I am. Elizabeth Kelly, will you marry me?" Crutchie asks. Lizzy feels tears of joy begin to roll down her cheeks as she throws her arms around Crutchie. 

"Of course. I'll make two years last forever as long as it means I get to be with you," Lizzy replies and Crutchie cuts her off by pulling her into a kiss. Lizzy kisses him back, smiling as she does. The two continue hugging, knowing that they have a bright future ahead of them together. 

Seven months full of wedding preparations, a variety of emotions from everyone involved with the wedding prep and the excitement of having a wedding with the Newsies, pass by quickly. Lizzy and Crutchie spend most of it with each other and getting ready for their new life together. 

Finally, the wedding day arrives. Lizzy, dressed in a gorgeous white gown, looks absolutely stunning as she stands in the front of the doors to the sanctuary. Jack stands next to her to walk her down the aisle and be the father like figure to give her to Crutchie.

"Are you ready for this?" he asks her.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she responds. The doors open and Lizzy takes her brother's arm. She smiles at her bridesmaids, her fellow Girlsies, as they stand up at the front of the stage. Slowly, Lizzy walks down the aisle with Jack, beaming at Crutchie the whole way there. When she reaches him, Crutchie takes his hand in her own and the pastor begins to officiate the wedding. Lizzy beams at him the whole time the pastor is talking and says, 

"I do." when she is prompted to. Lizzy continues to gaze at Crutchie, completely lost in her thoughts. 

"You may now kiss the bride," the minister calls out, pulling Lizzy out of her thoughts. Lizzy smiles as Crutchie's lips meet her own. He kisses her passionately and a fair amount of cheering rises from the Newsies' seating area. The two walk back down the aisle hand in hand looking at each other as if there was nothing wrong in the world. Today was their day and they were going to do with it whatever they pleased.

A couple of hours later, the reception is in full swing.

Bumlets, Mike and Ike announce Crutchie and Lizzy as they enter. Both of them are beaming as the applause roars at their announcement. Crutchie and Lizzy are enjoying talking with all of the different guests and the Newsies are getting into all kinds of mischief simply because it's who they are. Davey is trying to pull Les away from the cake for the umpteenth time.

"I know you want cake but do you know what...?" Davey starts to lecture Les again causing Lizzy and Crutchie to chuckle.

"Davey, aren't you going to let him live a little? It's just a little more cake and Crutchie and I aren't going to eat it all ourselves," Lizzy tries to reason with Davey but Davey shakes his head.

"You're not going to be the one who's hearing him run around the apartment at midnight singing some song that he never should have heard," Davey says quickly before whirling around to make sure some of the less innocent boys aren't listening, "I think some of them keep trying to corrupt my younger brother."

"They mean well, Davey," Crutchie says, interjecting himself into the conversation.

"Do they though?" Davey asks and the newlyweds laugh.

"Our day has been perfect. Now go rest," Lizzy says, trying to relieve the stress from the young man who had clearly been working hard to make sure that the young couple's day went as best as it could.

"Should we hit the dance floor?" Crutchie asks as Mike starts to invite the newlyweds to the dance floor for their first dance. Bumlets, Mike and Ike, with their brand new DJ business, are bopping along to the beat with their tech gear.

"I would love nothing more," Lizzy answers as she takes Crutchie's hands. Crutchie leads her to the dance floor and the two of them start to sway to the song that they had picked. His arm gently wraps around her waist and she drapes her arms over his shoulders. They dance and for just a few moments, there is no one but them in the room.

The song ends all too soon and Jack and Lizzy dance together for the father and daughter dance. Crutchie dances with a relative that he had just recently discovered for his mother and son dance.

After that dance is done, Crutchie starts to socialize with some of the others while Lizzy sneaks over to Davey.

"Davey, I need your help with something," she whispers in his ear. Davey looks up at her.

"Depends on what it is," he answers and Lizzy chuckles,

"This is really easy and very safe. No worries."

"You sure?" Davey asks.

"Absolutely," Lizzy says, "I'm married to Crutchie now. I don't want to do anything dangerous."

"Alright, what's your plan?" he asks her. Lizzy starts whispering excitedly in his hear and Davey laughs at one particular part. "You really want me to do that?" he asks her after a moment and she nods, "Did you talk to the DJs?"

"Not yet, but I'm going to. Come with me. Crutchie's going to absolutely love this," Lizzy answers. She and Davey start to walk over to the twins and Bumlets who are currently dancing to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" while managing their playlists.

"Hello, Mrs. Morris! What can we do for you?" Bumlets asks as he pulls off his set of headphones.

"I was wondering if we could play 'Helpless' from Hamilton," she requests. Bumlets raises an eyebrow.

"Any special occasion?" he asks.

"Crutchie and I would sometimes sing the different parts in the car ride on our dates so it has fond memories. I love to be Eliza and he'll probably join in as Hamilton once he hears that the song is playing," she replies.

"Alright, we'll get that right up for you," Bumlet answers before turning to Mike and Ike, "Mike! Ike! You hear that? We got a request to fulfill!"

"On it!" Mike says, reaching for the laptop.

"Noooooooo.....I wanted to push the button," Ike whines.

"Well you can do it next time. Besides, didn't Bumlets relieve of you of your duties since you played 'Freak Out'?" Mike asks.

"Oh no," Davey groans.

"Well excuse me for wanting everyone to relive Ken's clothing montage from Toy Story 3," Ike says sassily. Lizzy laughs lightly at the arguing. Mike finally just cues up the song and looks very pointedly at Ike.

"You can push the button to start the song but only while I'm watching," he says. Ike quickly pushes the button and the song starts. The room seems to suddenly freeze as the song starts to play. Race, Albert, Elmer and Jojo start singing the "heys" while Lizzy starts singing Eliza's part. She belts it at the top of her lungs, unafraid to grace her guests with her beautiful voice. The "I do"s ring out clearly throughout the entire room. Race, Albert, Elmer and Jojo move to the dance floor to back up Lizzy and start bobbing to the beat. Lizzy looks right at Crutchie and sings,

"Boy you got me" And the four boys behind her jump in,

"HELPLESS!"

And they sing the rest of the chorus with a great deal of enthusiasm. Lizzy sings the next verse by herself as she starts dancing to the upbeat song. The four boys join back in when they know the women in the song do. Lizzy starts to sing the lyrics about how she's claiming Crutchie. Since, in Hamilton, Eliza is singing to Angelica, her sister, Lizzy grabs Davey and pretends like she's telling him that's she claiming Crutchie. Davey looks a little startled at what's happening.

"But...I'm not a girl...wouldn't you rather me grab Katherine or Sarah instead?" he asks as Lizzy just shoves him into the mix.

"Just go with it," she whispers as she shoves him towards Crutchie. She keeps on belting the chorus with the boys. Crutchie approaches as Davey, who hardly knows the song, is being nudged over to him by Lizzy.

"Where are you taking me?"  Crutchie asks, playing along with the song. Lizzy whispers the next word in his ear and he quickly repeats it, not in time with Angelica but he repeats it nonetheless. Crutchie continues with his next Hamilton line and then Lizzy walks over to them to ease Davey's apparent confusion.

"I'm sorry...I've listened to Baroque while I've been studying," he answers causing a bunch of the boys to laugh. Les steals Sarah's phone, pulls up the lyrics to the song and hands it over to Davey, pointing to where Davey's at in the song. The group continues their dialogue through the song. Davey eventually leaves the group as Angelica does in the song. Lizzy, Race, Albert, Elmer and Jojo all sing the time passing. Lizzy sings her little verse. Davey sees the next line and stops,

"Oh...I am NOT saying that! I thought I was supposed to get you two together not get in the middle. That's just NOT right."

"Awww...come on, Davey!" Les cries out, "Do it for the bride!"

Lizzy and the boys continue singing the rest of the song and a bunch of the other boys jump in and sing the women's part. They dance to the beat, gently swaying as they do. Or in Race's case, not so gently swaying. The group belts the chorus and by this point, most of the boys are singing with Lizzy. Bumlets, Mike and Ike bob their heads to the rhythm as well.

Crutchie approaches Lizzy and raps his part to her where he proposes to her in marriage in the song.

The boys and Lizzy hit the chorus one more time and they belt it with all of the enthusiasm that they can possibly muster (Jack especially) and they finish it off wonderfully.

Lizzy and Crutchie kiss passionately as the rest of the room cheers on the happy couple. Pulling apart, the newlyweds know that they are set for a challenging, but wonderful life together. As long as they have each other, everything will be alright.

A/N: Lizzy, I hoped you enjoyed that! I'm SO SORRY that this took SOOOOOO long to come out. I'll try to make things come out sooner here in the near future. It just took me awhile to do this one for some reason.

Also, to everybody, sorry I didn't get something published last week. The end of the week got really busy and I didn't feel up to writing. I'll try to post twice this week (and I'll probably actually have time to do that.

Also, this book is now CLOSED to requests (as I stated before if I have your request or if you DMed it to me BEFORE I closed the book and I lost it (which I'll reach out to you if that's the case and you can send it back to me if you still want the imagine done) then I'm doing it) but other than those situations, I'm not taking new ones at the moment. I don't get a whole lot of requests for this book and I'm kind of hoping to transition to drabbles/me x Newsie of my choosing/ Newsie X Reader and yeah, that's just more what I feel up to doing right now.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it!! I hope I did Helpless justice. I've never written something like that before so this is all new to me. Thanks for voting, commenting or doing whatever it is you do!!! It means a lot to me. :)

I'm probably gonna hop over and update the Peter Pan book sometime this week so, stay tuned for that!!! :)

See you around, friends!!

 -Aisling Kiley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 616 55
Welcome to The World Highschool. This is in the POV of mostly Crutchie, Jack, and Davey. Watch as they struggle though highschool and all its challen...
21.9K 274 10
🎢Guaranteed to blow your mind. Anytime. Recommended at the price. Insatiable in appetite. Wanna try?🎢 Y/N L/N is your average sixteen year old gir...
1.3K 6 23
🎢I go to the hills when my heart is lonely. I know I will hear what I've heard before. My heart will be blessed with the sound of music and I'll sin...
2.6K 88 20
In 1899, the streets of New York city echoed with the voices of newsies. Newsies--kids, teens. Kids who came from everywhere. Kids who didn't fit the...