Lost & Found [Gakuen Babysitt...

By DourWunderkind07

The Aratani sisters came back to Japan after living for 4 years in Great Britain with their Grandpa. Rikona t... More

Chapter 1: Arriving in Japan
Chapter 2: Memories
Chapter 3: Shopping
Chapter 4: Meeting the Chairwoman
Short Author Note
Chapter 5: First Day of School
Chapter 6: New Kid
Chapter 7: New Friend
Chapter 8: New Life
Chapter 9: Family and Friends
Chapter 10: Game Over
Chapter 11: The Plan
Chapter 12: Excused
Chapter 13: Meeting Up
Chapter 14: Study Group
Chapter 15: Midterms
Chapter 16: Talk
Chapter 17: Vacation
Chapter 18: New Job
Chapter 19: Meanwhile
Thank you!!!
Chapter 20: Role Play
Chapter 21: Questions
Chapter 22: Fun
Chapter 23: Culture Day
Chapter 24: Lost
Chapter 25: Relationships
Chapter 26: Forgive
Chapter 27: Exposed
Chapter 28: Tournament
Chapter 29: Ill
Chapter 30: Staying
Chapter 31: Return
Chapter 32: Understanding
Chapter 33: Celebration
Chapter 34: Joy
Chapter 35: Exchanges
Chapter 36: Parents
Chapter 37: Her
Chapter 38: Forgiveness
Chapter 39: Foreigner
Chapter 40: New
Chapter 41: Wish
Side Story: Truffles
Chapter 42: Growing
Chapter 43: Date?
Chapter 44: Scheme
Chapter 45: Unfazed
Chapter 46: Surprise
Chapter 47: Confusion
Chapter 48: The Day
Chapter 50: Acknowledgment
Side Story: Act of Kindness
Chapter 51: Termination
Chapter 52: A New Beginning
Chapter 53: Confession
Chapter 54: The Backstory
Chapter 55: Final
The End
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Chapter 49: Recollection

121 4 1
By DourWunderkind07

Rikona POV: 

Who is this man? How did he know who I was despite wearing a mask? I took it off and got a clear view of him. I stared into his soft eyes that were looking back at me. I saw my reflection in his blue eyes. My vision gets blurry again. I wipe my tears with the handkerchief. 

"Why do I look like her?" I mumbled to myself even though a stranger was with me. I swallowed my saliva, trying to hold back my tears.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't like it" She left us. I'm reminded every day of her. The pain and sorrow that I felt that day still feel the same up to today. The cries still scream inside my head.

"Why don't you like your birthday?" I looked at him with a frown. I didn't mind revealing it to him for some reason. I had many reasons not to and yet I felt like it.

"Because it's bad luck... Every event that happened to me on this day gives me pain" Which is why I hate it. Especially today.... I have turned 18, the same age mom got married and now...I have to, but I don't want to.

"Well, that was in the past. Have you ever thought of the present?" He chuckles. 

"Especially with friends who care about you?" I was stunned. I know that they care about me that's why I love them. 

"But-"

"No buts young lady. From now on, your job is to enjoy this day until the very end" He commands me and I listened as I fixed my posture.

"Yes.." Why am I listening to him? It felt strange as if I know him.

"You have grown well" He laughs and I was mad at him. He was just teasing me! 

"What's your wish?"

"Huh?" My wish?

"Your birthday wish. This is a very important day for the birthday girl" My vein popped. Now I'm mad! He thinks this is some sick joke! Then I'll wish for something impossible!

"I wish that my mom and dad were here!" I got shocked and stared at him with tears still falling from my eyes. Why.... out of all wishes, I've chosen this? He was shocked too. I continued speaking without thinking. 

"I want my mom to give her regards to me" But she is gone. I felt my tears streaming down my face. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't

"I want my dad to dance with me...and give me away before I go" All this time, I thought I hated my birthday because it's full of bad luck when really, my parents were never there. My mom couldn't come no matter how hard she tries. And my dad.... He didn't even look at me once because I was not his daughter. 

"I just want to meet my father for once..." All the hatred and pain came back to me and it hurts so much. The strange man wipes my tears that were falling all over the snow and floor. 

"It's ok..." Although I was never alone, I still miss her. The snow piles on top of me. I'm cold ...It's cold ...

"At least you let it out" I felt something heavy on my shoulders. It was his coat, big and fluffy. Brown outside and white inside. I stood in place and looked at him in shock. 

"I....." I've been burying my sorrows and pain deep in my heart, only for it to grow and get stronger. But when I told it to him, I felt lighter? Is this what letting go feels like? I looked at the man softly. 

"Who are you?" I asked curiously.

He slips my mask on my face and smiled softly at me. 

"Just know me as Mr. AA" Double-A battery? Ok, I'm good with that. Then he turned around and walked back to the party.

"Thank you..." I looked around and noticed door access to the rooftop. It was locked and I read the sign. It wasn't allowed. Whatever! I can just pick it. I took out my bobby pins and proceed to jam it in the hole as I pick it.

STEP

They're finally here. I'm relieved that they didn't come in talking to a stranger. However, I only heard one footstep instead of multiple. Then it came closer. Shoot, is it someone else? 

"...What are you doing?" I stopped panicking. It was Hayato.

"Lock picking" I focus on picking it.

"Seriously should I worry that you're going to become a criminal?" He crouches down next to me. I just shrugged it off and I could tell he got irritated from the corner of my eye.

"ARG!" I gave up on picking it and threw the bobby pins on the ground. Maybe next time when I feel like it..... I walked over and leaned on the ledge next to Hayato who was watching me the whole time. 

"Give up?"

"What do you think?" I glared at him through my mask. He clicks his tongue.

"Whatever." He flicks my forehead. I was tired of it, I stared at him with fire in my eyes. Then I thought I saw something shocking. I blinked again. Is he...smiling? Ugh. It is weird for him to do this. It was cringy too so I have to stop it. Hmmm. Should I headbutt him? Without even realizing it, I was thinking unconsciously for a while.

~ Hayato POV ~

Is she seriously going to be a criminal? I don't remember seeing that huge coat on her when we first came here. It seemed to be made for males, but I don't know why it pisses me off so much. What made my blood boiled to my brain, even more, is when she refused to take it off or tell me where she got it from. 

"It's cold"

"That's your only excuse?" Whatever, I shouldn't care. When will the others come? It is just me and Rikona out on the balcony watching the stars and the party lights shining brightly onto my face and hers. I could already tell she was lost in her world. Although we were outside, we can still hear the music and Kiwa's not ear-bleeding singing. I guess she's good for an average person..... That reminds me.

"Ahem!" I flicked her forehead and she went back to reality.

"What is it?" She rubs her forehead and furrows her eyebrows behind the mask. I was also wearing my mask. I can't believe I'm doing this. 

"Dance?" I faced away and put my hand out to her. It was silent. Come on! Answer already!

"Did you raid the alcohol?" What? I turned back to face her in confusion. This dense girl!

"No! Can't you see I'm asking you for a dance?!" I stood up from my ledge and she stared at me in surprise. I looked away in embarrassment as blood rushes up to my brain and I felt my ear heating up. This girl is annoying as Taka! 

"If you don't want, then just say no!" My back still faces her. God, she makes me feel angry!

~ 3rd POV ~

Rikona stares at him in confusion. She wondered why he acted like this and since when did he learn. She didn't know how to respond nor do. Then his face was turned to the side and she got a look. She saw his real face under the mask. 

"Pff" She covers her mouth with her hand. She thought he was being shy. 

"You're cute Hayato..."

Then the memories of their childhood flash in her mind. Every single moment went by in a tenth of a second. The quiet and scared Hayato with the cheery and fearless Rikona.

Opposite polars until that time had changed her. She went back to a dead expression, thinking about what happened back in Britain. She wanted to regret it, but she didn't ...She couldn't.

"Whatever! Let's just wait for the others for now." Hayato said. She snaps back to reality. His ear was red along with his face. He puts his hand on the mask, readjusting it. Hoping that Rikona won't be noticed. She looked at him from behind. 

"I didn't say no...." His eyes opened wide. He turned around in shock and looked at Rikona's blank face.

BAM

She flicks his forehead. 

"This is my answer..." She curtsy while chuckling.

Hayato was confused and asked her what her answer was and her vein popped. 

"It means a yes...if you even know how to dance" She put her hand out.

"You shall know" He took it. "...My friend" She smiled and his heart was pounding out of his chest as his stomach twisted into a knot. He gulped and they proceed to dance around the floor. Rikona was surprised that he knew how to dance, but she thought he was rusty. 

"Wow. I guess you're ok for an amateur."

"Tch. I'm pretty sure I'm better considering how I had weeks while you had years" They throw shades and give death glares at each other. They dance to the melody of the song and Kiwa's angelic and gentle voice that was slipping through the tinted windows. They step across and around, flowing in the wind as snow sprinkles down on them. Despite all the glittering lights and amazing sights around. They kept their eyes on each other, never breaking contact. Although she was wearing a mask, Hayato saw her beauty and felt his heart pounding as they moved around the balcony. Then an idea popped into Rikona's mind.

"Who taught you?" She gives him a serious face. He hesitates. 

"...Kiwa" The answer had given Rikona a crazy thought. 

'They're actually...'

"Are you dating?" She was shocked, she didn't think they would end up together.

"....Did I flick your brain too?" His vein popped. For some reason, that question made him felt happy. Then the music stopped which meant the others will come soon.

"....I'm going to twirl now" She prepares herself. Hayato wasn't. Actually he was nervous about messing up.

"What? No!" He was glaring at her while she gives him a blunt face.

"I'll do it...now!" She spins around as she lets go one hand and he spins her with the other. Then they come back into position, dancing around. 

"Not ...bad" She smiled. He got shocked by her facial expression which made him misstep. he steps on her foot by accident. She flinched but showed no response to the pain. 

"Sorry..." They stopped dancing. Then he walked to the ledge while scratching the back of his neck as she stares at him.

~ Rikona POV ~

It's cold, but not that cold. I guess I'm so used to it, but don't your face turn red when it's warm again? Why are his ears red? And not to mention his weird behavior towards everyone. All the questions and mysteries came to mind. Then my headaches came back. Arg! I thought it was gone after finding Evelyn. Why is it back now? I need to find a.... I looked at him as he looks at the cities with all the lights reflecting off of his face. Guess I'll lock pick the door for now then my headache begins to fade away.

STEP

Finally, they're here. 

"Oh! Were you waiting for us?" Seiua chuckles. Hayato and I glared at him.

"What do you think?" Hayato gives him a dirty look, but I didn't care for now. All I have to do is pick this. Then someone came close to me while I was busy with the lock.

"Wow, I guess I didn't need to steal then" He jiggles the keys. I let out a laugh. We break so many laws together.

CLICK

The lock finally opened and we went to the rooftop. I was bored and in pain because of my headache. 

"Why did you drag us out here again, Seiua?" I blankly stared at him along with the others.

"Smart question my cousin!" He puts his hand on his chin with pride. 

"If my estimation is correct. Then you get to see.....THIS!" He points to the night sky. It was glittering with lights coming from every direction. The pain stopped. A meteor shower? We couldn't have one back in Osaka? Everyone was amazed by it of course, but I just continue staring.

"Why did you drag us out here if we can just see i-" He suddenly puts headphones on me which startled me. I glared at him through my mask. 

"What ar-"

"Shhhhhh" He took out a cassette player that was connected to the headphones. He really is an old man. Then he pressed play and I'm forced to listen to whatever he had set up for me. Probably a lame birthday so-

"Hi, Rikona-chan!" I got startled by the voice. I flinched with my eyes widen and he puts the player in my hand while I stand in one position. 

"You're probably growing older and you're hearing this because I couldn't be there!" No, you can't because you're gone..... 

"If I am! Then that's good and probably embarrassing for me right now!" I wish 

"Just know that mommy loves you!" I listen to her voice as if she was actually here with me while looking at the sky.

"Are you looking at the night sky? Remember the time we went to Nagoya for the meteor shower?" I shouldn't cry, but the tears came back again. 

"I made this....6 years before you turn 18! Wow-what a long wait!" After she had Junko. 

"Your little sister Junko gave me greater pain than you did. Oops! Let's keep that between us" She giggles as did I. When was the last time I heard her voice? 

"Happy 18th birthday! Mommy loves you kisses!~" I thought it ended, but there was more. 

"Hurry up and date to give me grandchildren! If you are, marry him and make some!" I laughed at her joke. She's always like that. 

"Don't worry. It'll hurt like hell just like I had you" My tears slid down my face again. 

"Love ya! Chuu~" It ends. Love you too mom.

Although it stopped playing, I still stood frozen in my place. I rewind and replayed again. 

"Hi, Rikona-chan!" Rewind "Hi Rikona-chan!" Rewind "Hi Rikona-chan!" Then her voice replayed in my mind. "Rikona!". She came back to my mind.

A lady in a white pinkish dress. Yes, it was pink with tulips on it, flowing in the wind along with her glossy violet hair at....the beach! She loved going to the beach, picking up seashells and listening to the sounds of the ocean waves overlapping each other as it crashes onto the shore. The sand crunches as she walks along the shore. I followed from behind. 

"Mommy don't go!" I called out to her. A little girl who was scared to see her mom leave. She turns around and put her palm against my cheek. "

"Rikona. It's ok" Then a strong wind mysteriously blew my mask off to reveal my crying face. I couldn't hear anything, but her voice inside my head. 

"No, It's not.....I still miss you.." My tears drip onto the ground as my heart bears the pain of having a knife driven through it.

*Pat*

I felt something warm onto my head. I looked up and made eye-contact with her familiar brown-eyes. 

"Auntie?" How did she get here? I wipe my tears and looked around for the others....everyone was gone! The only people here are my...family! Junko's with Sir Oliver and Grandpa is talking with Seiua! I looked over and there was a helicopter parked. Everyone really went overboard with today. 

"Happy birthday, Rikona...." Auntie looks at me with soft eyes. My vision got blurry and the recording plays into my ears. I wipe my tears as I cried. 

"Awww. Don't cry baby, I'm here!" She hugs me. Then I saw Uncle Sawamura in the distance. I thought he was supposed to direct a movie today. He walks right to us and stared at me with his amber eyes, filled with sincerity. He still hasn't aged like Auntie huh?

"I'm here too! You're not alone." Everyone came to me.

"Nee-chan!" 

"Don't cry alone! Cry with me!" 

"It's a pleasure to see you grow up my lady.." They all joined the group hug except for Seiua. He gives me a soft smile, I wanted to give him the cold shoulder, but how can I? After all that he had done for me.

"Get in here dummy!" I felt my tears coming out. How many tears have I shed today?!

"Awww! I will!" He gives us a warm hug. 

"Love you..." My tears were non-stop, coming out of my eyes like a waterfall. 

"I love you too!" I cried out my feelings. 

"I love you all!" I hugged them and left the stains onto Auntie's scarf. 

"Wahhhh!" My family stayed. They were always there for me and I've never noticed until I heard her voice again. 

Goodbye Mom....

(Good for Rikona. Now let's see what happened to the others!)

~ 3rd POV ~

While Rikona was busy remembering her past as she looks at the sky on the ledge. The party had ended and got cleaned up. All planned by Seiua. Then A helicopter landed flown by Scarlett! Inside was the Setsushis and the Morozovs. Evelyn was shocked to see her sister. 

"What up, my dudes!" She smirked and the girls looked up to her as a goddess. Then the Morozovs and Setsushis stepped out and their beauties shined bright as if they were one of the stars. Then the parents come to the balcony with the kids. Everyone was confused and Seiua announced that they shall hang out with their families for now. They all left the rooftop and even leave the place to hang out. With power and connection, Seiua managed to contact their guardians to come. Ryuuichi and Kotaro with the chairwoman and even Saikawa, Hayato with Kamitani and even Hebihara! Which was a little awkward since he only came for Rikona...However, at least he held a conversation with Hayato, but Taka seemed to have taken a liking to him, but a little too much. 

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!"

"Taka! Stop bothering him!" Maria met her parents. Although they hardly showed any expressions. They were happy for her and for the first time, she shed tears of joy for them because she loved them. Yuki was happy to see her parents while they were in confusion about why they were here, but it didn't matter since they were together. Tomoya saw his sister and of course joyful him greeted her soon he met his parents inside. While for Chuukichi, he was stunned by Seiua's power to bring his whole family. Deciding to care about it later, he just greeted his family as usual and this time they get to have fun and bond together

.......Then everyone left to explore the city together.

However, for Kiwa and Reiji.... They both looked at the view together.

"At least everyone got to be with their loved ones huh?" Reiji wanted to lighten up the atmosphere. They both knew their parents are nearly impossible to get them to Nagoya. Their mother busy traveling the world as their father basically lives in the hospital. Kiwa was sad to see everyone else happy with their family, but at least she has Reiji by her side again.

"Yep. At least we get to be together. Isn't that right Nii-san?" Kiwa smiled at her only brother and he grinned at her.

"Of course. I will never leave you" He puts his arm over her shoulders as she leaned against him. Then they heard footsteps behind them.

"I never thought I would see this ever again" A female voice giggles.

"Last time was when they communicate through telepathy!" A male voice laughs with his sweet wife.  They turned around and were astonished. Reiji was startled and in a state of shock, Kiwa put her hand over her mouth as she begins to tear up. 

"Mom?....Dad?"

"It's been a long time my children"

~ 3rd POV ~

Everyone was having a great time on the rooftop as they looked at the sky while sitting on comfy chairs that the servants had put out for them. Then Seiua made an announcement in front of them. 

"You know how precious Rikona is to us right?" She and Auntie cringe at him while the others praise and agree with him. 

"This better not lead to something else! Ever since you did that" His mother gives him the death look which made him tremble in fear.

"No! We couldn't let Rikona go just yet! So congratulations!" He took out a piece of paper from inside his coat and reveal it to Rikona. 

"I can't believe you're growing up so fast." He wipes a real teardrop off his face. Rikona was confused by the paper and took it. She reads it and realized it was a contact. 

"Wha-? What did you do?" She continues to read it. Then everyone else looked at it in curiosity.

"No need to thank me."

"In violation of the contact, the Gales will give up their shares to the...Setsushis.." Her face went blank while Seiua was sweating. He wasn't expecting that kind of reaction.

"I appreciate the thought, but you didn't need to do this for me" She hands it to the Uncle and the others as they read it.

"What do you mean?! You were going to get married off to some pig!" He wanted to help her.

"I'm not. I was never going to get married to some hobo" She was holding in her laughter. All the work he did was for nothing. 

"It was invalid ever since Grandpa adopted me, but the Gales never noticed"

"Even if it was still in place! I wouldn't mind losing a couple of millions!" Grandpa Setsushi folded into a crane and gave it to Junko to play with. Seiua was shocked by all the information he was given. 

"I....I did all of that for nothing!?" He ran away to the ledge and did his own thing. 

"WHY?!! I JUST WANTED TO LOOK AWESOME IN FRONT OF RIKONA FOR ONCE!" Everyone sighed and wonder where he got that behavior from. Then they glanced over at Grandpa and Uncle while they still smirked at him. 

"I can't believe I still married him" Auntie groans. Rikona put her hand on top of hers. 

"What made you marry him?" She just smiled normally at her and held her hand up.

"It's nothing" She said. Rikona looks at her with suspicion. She thought of many possibilities. He wasn't rich, his looks are above average but not on the same level, he's clumsy like Seiua......

'What could it be?' Thought Rikona.

End of Chapter 49

Bonus Story: ~ Auntie Sawamura POV ~ Her first name would be Tsukiko (Just a fun fact).

"Was it because he's the only one left?" I got surprised by her answer. Rikona's so funny! 

 "You had many bachelors, but he was the only one left?" Rikona jokes. 

"Right Auntie?" Rikona laughs. I wish! I giggled at her and she smiled at me with a similar ... familiar expression. I look at Rikona with eyes widen. Then an image of my only sister flashed into mind as I stare at her. She really does resemble her. Her brown eyes and dark violet hair styled the same. The smile that sparked joy and melted everyone's heart. I stared at her softly.

Aratani ...If you can hear me, your daughter is living happily. It seems she had grown up...just like you "You really do look like her...." I blurt out. Then I realized what I had said! Rikona is really sensitive when it comes to mentioning her mom! Aratani was the only person that she loved most compared to that scumbag! Arg! I just can't wait to get my hands around his neck once h- 

"Do I?"

"Huh?" I focus back to the present. Shoot. Clumsy me. I looked at Rikona and she was looking down on the ground while playing with her hands.

"What was she like when she was my age?" She looked at me again with curiosity. Her eyes aching with pain, but thirsting for answers. I sighed. Then I reimage her in my mind when she was Rikona's age. Which is ...18.

"She was cheery and happy like you were and Junko right now!" That's where you got your personality from before you have gone through..puberty? Rikona has mysteriously changed, but we didn't question it.

"Really?" She grinned. I could tell she was curious. Her eyes say it all. 

"Was she a troublemaker like me?"

"Hahaha! Who said you were one?" Actually I did. 

"Your mom was a really handy one if you ask me! She never listened and always go off on her own as if she ruled the world!"

Rikona has given me the most precious and beautiful expression that nobody could ever compare to. You really do look like her.....and him.

A teardrop falls out of my eye and I wiped it. "Go play with Junko now!" I told her.

"Ok have fun!" She smiled. I waved goodbye as she goes to the ledge with Junko and plays with the paper crane. Then my grin turns into a frown and the mood darkens. I had a sad expression as I stared at them playing joyfully. I clench my chest over my heart.

I'm sorry Rikona for lying to you. I couldn't tell you the truth about what she was like when she was your age...... All sad and in despair on a joyful celebration. The wedding. All she did was put on a mask over her crying face. Blocking tears of agony and sorrow. The pain she felt in her heart when she was forced to marry. It also hurts me and I felt guilty every day! Wanting to travel back to that very moment and change it! Hoping to save her.... But I couldn't and I'm sorry.

However, at least she won't repeat the Setsushi's history anyway because this generation has changed. I made a promise. To let her live her own life and never being controlled by others. Rikona is the Revolution, the queen that will take over and soon conquer us all. 

'Someday, you will grow up to be something that your mom couldn't achieve.....'

Keep her safe. Her last words whisper inside my head

I will, Aratani... I am forever thankful for your sacrifice.

End

| Words Count: 4442|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 4.2K 37
๐ˆ๐™๐€๐๐€ ๐Š๐”๐‘๐Ž๐Š๐€๐–๐€ "you loved me back to life" โ˜…๐–๐‡๐„๐‘๐„ Y/n comes back a...
119 8 6
Morinomiya Yuna was adopted by Youichi and his wife at a very young age. When the babysitters club was formed at the academy, Yuna happily helps arou...
263 16 7
-you're the little sister of the Haitani brothers -after your parents died you were taken to an Orphanage same as your brother but in a differen...
177K 6.4K 62
X Fem readers หš ยท . ๐—–๐—ข๐— ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ง๐—˜๐—— . ยท หš TW: Violence / Mature / Drugs / Profanities / Sexual violence etc. [read at your own risk] Y/n, the h...