ā‰ šš„š‚š”š‹šˆš€š‘ šš€š‚šŠ ;...

By daydreamindollie

ā‰ š‡š€šˆš“š”š’ ā‰ INDEFINITE HIATUS you're a successful hybrid writer and psychologist, who takes in seven hyb... More

ā¤š™ž š™£ š™© š™§ š™¤
ā¤š™„ š™š š™© š™© š™ž š™£ š™œ
ā¤š™Ø š™£ š™¤ š™¬ š™ž š™£ š™œ
ā¤š™› š™– š™ž š™£ š™© š™ž š™£ š™œ
ā¤š™— š™š š™œ š™§ š™Ŗ š™™ š™œ š™ž š™£ š™œ
ā¤š™„ š™– š™Ø š™Ø š™ž š™£ š™œ š™© š™ž š™¢ š™š
ā¤š™¬ š™¤ š™§ š™  š™ž š™£ š™œ
ā¤š™˜ š™¤ š™¢ š™› š™¤ š™§ š™© š™ž š™£ š™œ

ā¤š™¢ š™š š™š š™© š™ž š™£ š™œ

16.5K 488 101
By daydreamindollie

pairing : ot7 x f.r

genre : fluff ; hybrid!au ; ot7!au

length : 5.5k

summary : how you met hybrid bts

A/N : FINALLY! This is finally coming out and I can't believe the timing bc this has nothing to do with Christmas XD Anyway, I hope you enjoy the read, tell me if you like it and what you think I should write next following on from this.

✚            ✚           ✚

Hybrids still lived horribly as a result of humans despite laws being in place to protect them and ensure that they are being treated fairly

interestingly enough, studies state that there's a 30% chance of a hybrid's life having more freedom and fairness when living on their own (with no real home, consistent shelter, food or water) rather than being owned by a human. However, that can only be said for those living in urban areas, if hybrids were to do live independently in suburban or rural areas, the percentage is said to increase up to almost 40%

You are a famous author of non-fiction, informative books that guide people into better understanding hybrids. You used to work in a rehabilitation center in Seoul, putting your degree in psychology and medicine to good use. Through this, you were able to realise the obvious, hybrids were just as human as well...humans. In an almost, fully identical, sequence of patterns and behaviours, typical hybrids, when put in typical scenarios to normal humans, would react the same way humans would.

It was ironic to see that, despite their harsh discrimination from being more animal than human, that was never the case in your research when exploring and analysing others' studies on the matter.

From unique case studies and other intensive, non-harmful research, in their rarity, you concluded that it was the poor treatment and poor quality of care and living for hybrids that sardonically generated more animalistic, feral behaviour in humane hybrids.

In your first book, the book that made you famous and has been translated in over 200 languages, you explained your observations and provided solid evidence in bountiful amounts of research and studies by multiple psychologists and scientists worldwide. The effect of your book's valuable information was like a ripple from a boulder dropping in a still lake.

Millions applauded your contribution to the hybrid community, gaining a large following of millions overnight but also an equal amount of haters. It's a balance you cannot refute.

Following on from that first book, you wrote more with further researcher and creating a series that improved everyone's, as well as your own, understanding of hybrids.

You had once lived in urban Seoul but from receiving multiple threats and experiencing far too many aggressive, unpleasant encounters, your mental wellbeing wasn't benefitting in the dense population, especially after having been quickly doxed by a hater whose now serving time after being reported by you. To remedy this and give yourself a new fresh start, you moved to the countryside, worked from home as a writer and only did interviews through video/voice calls, whichever one was more appropriate.

Thankfully, not many have been able to see your face, all they know is your name so you're assured that not too much of the public can recognise you on the street. You're only thankful for being cautious as soon as you published your book and quickly doxed because, after that, you just didn't go out to the public without fully covering up.

In the countryside, you revamped a large large large house that was abandoned and left to degrade.

You wanted to spoil yourself with your well-earned money from published books and subsequent business operations; it's unbelievable how you've been able to start your own charity for hybrids, work with hybrid shelters and hybrid rehab centers to improve their conditions. You were even beginning to work on your own hybrid adoption center alongside your hybrid activist best friend. She was the reason for your passion for hybrids, especially after she introduced you to her non-blood related hybrid brother.

Along with the house, you were able to get a moderately sized expanse of land. It appeared as if the previous owner loved to garden and also had a really big tool shed beside their equally large greenhouse. This was your chance to renovate a home nobody wanted to take a chance on and get your living situation on a level that can compliment your current working status.

Sometimes having a big fresh start, such as, moving into a new house, can be the best for a person that wants to better themselves.

It took you several months but you were finally happy and content with your new property, open and modern with only a subtle hint of luxury here and there. Every day, sunlight would be welcomed in through large, ceiling-tall windows as you looked upon well-maintained green gardens.

As a writer, you're always sitting down and, seeing as you were quite a distance away from civilisation, you made sure certain facilities were available at your house to keep you on your feet such as an indoor pool, a gym, cinema room, a room for music and a study. In addition to this, you knew that staying in the same place to write for hours would have you losing inspiration quickly so you renovated the large tool shed outside as well.

The greenhouse was repaired to suit its purpose but that only required a little cupboard at the side of your house to store tools for its maintenance. In the case of the long toolshed, you transformed it into a cosy, detached studio room where you had an embedded bookcase filled top-to-bottom with books, a desk, and chair, a slim day-bed to relax or nap in whenever you wished. Knowing yourself, you'll eventually exhaust your mind with too much brain work and eventually need to take a nap.

The move into your new home was busy but had no mishaps so you were happy but ultimately had to get straight back to work. It made you sad knowing that you went through so much labour, and yet, you couldn't coddle living in your new house for more than a day before needing to get back into your hustle. At least, looking back on the amount of hard work you and others put in, the renovating project was worth it in making yourself a home.

Months passed and, being a writer that could do well for several months after publishing a book, you took the time to really relax after publishing yet another worthy addition to your collection of books. In that period, you participated in the cause you believed in most (hybrid rights movement) and picked up on some new hobbies.

One of these hobbies was gardening and keeping your own chickens. It was a helpful resource as well as an interesting recreational pursuit seeing as you lived so far from society; you needed to be frugal and quickly realised the importance of shopping lists. The one week you spent without milk to go with your coffee will be the first and last week you would spend in that way.

Surprisingly, your hands worked well at toils other than writing, as your greenhouse quickly filled up with many fruits and vegetables, you were briskly opening up to the idea of decorating your garden space with shrubs and bushes of brilliantly radiant flowers. Maybe, at some point, you can bring in a blossoming tree as a centerpiece.

Things were exciting and kept you busy despite the period being tilted as your 'holiday/break' from writing.

Perhaps you could write a story based on your experience in opening up to new things - it can be an adventure; something you can have fun and play around with.

After an ordinary day passed, the skies were beginning to get dark, prompting you to start making dinner. Tonight, you were willing to try a new recipe for pizza - apparently, potato slices and spinach with chicken went very well together for toppings. This new interest in exploring pizza toppings was brought on by your lack of ingredients in the fridge and more of your abundance in food within your humble greenhouse. But could you really blame yourself? You wanted to indulge in your hard work as much as possible!

In your excitement, you had, somewhat, abandoned all measurement restrictions for dough, subsequently making too much and settling for leaving the remaining dough in the fridge overnight to make flatbread in the morning with.

Humming to yourself, you approach your greenhouse after ensuring that the string of lights leading to it was shining brightly so that you were safe and saw that your path was clear. However, that didn't seem to be the case tonight. There were multiple disturbances in the green grass lining your path to the greenhouse and there was an opaque silhouette attempting to conceal itself behind the vegetation you had fostered in your greenhouse.

"Who's there?" you call out, trying to keep fear from dripping off your voice. It was then that a whimper met your ears and it became obvious to you that the figure had additional limbs that normally didn't come with a human. They had pretty rounded ears but were somewhat extended compared to a normal cat and a considerably lengthy tail.

Was this a cat hybrid of some sort? You were well informed in hybrid behaviours in the likeness of humans not in hybrid types - perhaps that can be the topic of a new book?

"I won't hurt you, I promise," from this, you were responded with a growl. Perhaps an attempt at intimidating you but you would not deter, intent on helping whoever was trying to blend in with your tomato plants. They made no further movement and you were already at the door - the only door leading in and out of the greenhouse.

Stepping into the climate set apart from the outside due to glass walls, you slowly approach the stranger and offered a soft smile as soon as you were finally stood before him. It was a tiger hybrid, making a poor attempt at hiding behind your tomatos. In his hands were several fruits and vegetables, including the red fruits that stood between the two of you - that was exactly what you needed for your dinner tonight.

"What are you doing there bub?" you softly ask after eying the fruit and veggie hostages in his arms. He looks as though he's preparing for an oncoming apocalypse with the sheer amount he has craddled in his arms.

"P-please let me go and give these to my family?", your eyes widen at the fact that there were more of him out there, "I promise I'll come back and take the punishment by myself and for the rest of them - I just really want to make sure they're eating." he was beginning to hyperventilate as you took in and tried your best to process all of the information he was spouting, "My hyungs are starving themselves to make sure me and my three young brothers are still able to eat - they say they're full but I-I never see them eating anything-"

"That's quite enough," you put a stop to his rambling, "I don't want to hear any more of it, come with me young man," he visibly gulps and attempts to try and scare you by snarling but you give him a fierce look, which has him submitting quickly. He may be a tiger hybrid, but you know it's just a front merely from the softness of his deep voice and the impassioned concern he was demonstrating for his family, "please walk ahead of me so that I know you won't try to leave... What's your name? You can call me (Y/N),"

"I-I'm called Taehyung," no one has ever asked for his name before - the name his mother gave him before she was taken away - they usually enforced whatever name they wanted unwillingly onto him. They would usually either be degrading or silly - in what world is the name 'Mr Mittens-Soft-Paws' acceptable for a tiger hybrid?!

His figure remains tense as you lead him to the kitchen where you then instruct him to wash his hands before putting the fruits in one colander and the vegetables in the other so that they could be thoroughly rinsed under the sink. "Can you come over here with the washed tomatoes please?" he does so without saying a word, "how many of your family is there?" a long silence follows where you're chopping up the tomatoes for a homemade pizza sauce. Silence is golden in that it's pressurising but gentle enough to elicit a willing answer so long as you were inclined to wait for it.

"There are s-seven of us in total..." he visibly gulps, shame crossing his features the instant he discloses the information.

"Goodness, we'll need more pizza dough then," the statement comes out without a second thought, and so do your following questions, "do they like to eat meat?"

"W-we can all eat meat but some of us prefer to eat vegetables..more than...meat," something about you, whether it be your sweet scent, your kind demeanour or your gentle tone has Taehyung confessing everything you ask of him voluntarily and it's disgraceful of him to do so as it puts the rest of his family in danger but there's just something about you that tells him everything's going to be okay. He wants his family to indulge in your ambiance as well so, perhaps, getting you accustomed to the idea of them would make you comfortable should you meet them one day.

"Hmmm...okay. Does everyone like chicken?" the tiger hybrid's eyes light up immediately at the mention of everyone's favourite meat, nodding so vigorously you fear his head would soon detach clear off his neck, "alright," you chuckle, "that makes two vegetable and chicken pizzas and two plain meat pizzas. Does that sound like a good dinner?" it was almost as if you were inviting them to eat with you but there have been many instances where Taehyung and his family have been promised food, on the brink of starvation, only to have no real intentions behind feeding them at all.

This time, however, Taehyung was actually helping in the preparations of the food: rolling out the dough, spreading the tomato sauce, placing down chunks of mozzarella and adding the toppings, leaving you to put everything in the fridge before you began clearing up the mess as you mumbled to yourself about dessert.

"I-Is my punishment done?" Taehyung timidly asks. This has to be his punishment, right? Torture in preparing the food he knows he and his family will enjoy, just to have it be eaten by someone else? He was, at least, grateful, the authorities weren't called for an uncollared hybrid in the suburbs in addition to six more.

"What on earth are you talking about bub?" you lift a brow of amusement at his confused expression, "we just cooked food for you and your family, go and get them while I finish cleaning up. We'll set the table together as soon as you come back,"

"R-really?" Taehyung couldn't believe his ears, in fact, his ears twitched at the ridiculous selflessness of your actions. You had all this food, and yet, you were willing to share it with seven other people? Not even people - hybrids! He has never met a human as generous and caring as you.

"Yes, really, you silly boy," you giggle, "you can also trust that I'm not poisoning you because you cooked it right alongside me, didn't you?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Well go and get them, they're probably waiting for you to get home with food," you smile as he quickly rushes off, as an endless stream of 'thank you's left his smiling lips. You laugh at his antics and hope that he comes back just in time to watch the pizzas come out of the oven, steaming hot and fresh, ready to be eaten.

Unfortunately, as time dragged by, you were forced to acknowledge that Taehyung wouldn't be coming back with his family. It saddened you but you understood the prudent act. His family probably didn't believe him and wanted to be exceptionally cautious, seeing as you kept their sweet tiger-boy hostage to help cook for you.

There was only one thing left to do.

Transfering the pizzas onto equally sized plates, you made sure to cut them up into equal pieces before bringing them out onto the outside table and chairs you had set up. You made several trips, the first was to put out the pizzas (of course), the second was to bring additional plates and cutlery, and the third was to bring cups and a large unopened bottle of water, just to assure them that nothing was tampered with.

With a sigh, you smile at the setup and head back inside, "I guess I'm the only one having dessert tonight,". Eating alone at your dinner table with a book in your spare hand, you miss the seven curious pairs of eyes peeking in through your windows. It was already really dark but you made sure to turn on the lights in your garden so that they could see what they were eating.

No matter how much you wanted to peek in on their dinner, you resisted the urge in favour of respecting their privacy. The instant you finished your own food, you cleaned up and went upstairs, still missing the eyes that looked on at you from the outside.

You looked...harmless. Sweetly swamped by your oversized sweater and sitting cosily in your fluffy socks, which were tucked into an exaggerated pair of unicorn slippers. They couldn't smell your scent but Taehyung had been vivacious in his description of you. He described your scent as a sugary cream that's fragrantly floral and addictive.

"I told you she was nice - probably the nicest human any of us have ever met," Taehyung hummed in content as he rubbed at his bulging stomach. His entire family was content and full for the first time in a long time, especially because everyone could see everyone eating for once. No one was pretending that they had already eaten and there was enough to go around. "Do you believe me now?"

"Yes but that was still a risky thing that you did Taehyung," Jin scowled.

"I know and I'm sorry hyung but aren't we glad that I was lucky for once?" the tiger grinned as his persian-cat hyung took his hand with a shake of his head.

"We still have to see if her kindness can stand the test of time, Tae. Understand that we can't trust her straight off the bat just because she's the first person to ever do this,"

The next morning came quicker than expected but you were happy to see that every plate was wiped clean and the bottle had been drained dry. You weren't there to see the virtuous satisfaction displayed across their faces but just seeing the clean plates was enough for you to feel gratification.

Just as you were clearing up the plates with a skip to your step, you were silently approached by your feline friend, "Taehyung," you greeted him a good morning that he hesitantly whispered back, "I hope you had a good night's sleep,"

"Uhhh- yeah," he wanted to say something but he didn't know what. Should he say sorry? Thank you? He felt so guilty for leaving you to eat dinner alone while he and his family ate happily together. You looked so lonely yesterday night, he feels horrible about not having enough guts to tap against the window and say thank you yesterday.

But...you don't seem to be in a foul mood at all. In fact-

"Would you like to help me make breakfast?" you smile brightly at him, "I'm cooking pancakes!" you're as chirpy as could be.

"I'm sorry!" the tiger-boy blurts as you gesture for him to enter the house with you, "I-I'm sorry about not coming inside to eat with you last night...I-I wanted to eat with you b-but-"

"Don't worry about it Taehyung," you smile your gentle smile at him, "I understand. It's perfectly natural to be cautious around someone you just met. I don't blame you or your family for anything," that sets his mind and heart at ease, "Now help me cook some pancakes," you tilt your head towards the door leading into the house.

It didn't take much for him to quickly follow you inside, where you take him through making pancakes. He wasn't as helpful as he wanted to be just from the frustration evident in his eyes but you were patient and consoled him whenever he made little slip-ups. He also couldn't resist eating up the fruits you had tasked him in chopping up so you had him go out and pick more from your greenhouse. However, despite having the one task, he still managed to make a mess of things.

"Jin-hyung would be way better at this than me," he muttered to himself, "I'm sorry, (Y/N),"

You shook your head, forgiving his clumsiness about the kitchen, "don't worry about it. But please, tell me about your hyungs, what are they like? They sound like wonderful people,"

"Oh! They are!" your change of topic was just what you needed to break him from his wallowing and sombre mood. Taehyung was a sweet hybrid, he had no ill will towards humans in spite of the horrible things he was forcibly subjected to, all he wanted to do was stay far away from them, although, he had timidly confessed how you were gradually beginning to change his mind.

It melted your heart.

"Goodness, I made too much again," you laughed at yourself, "Whelp! Might as well go and deliver these to your hyungs and that cute little bunny you were gushing about, kookie, was it?"

"H-he only lets us call him that, his f-full name is Jungkook," he's flustered that you were able to remember the little things he spouted on about his family but it felt...good.

"Of course," you nod, goodnaturedly, "I hope they have a good meal,"

"I promise they will! Thank you, (Y/N)!"

This went on for a little over a week. For every meal of the day, Taehyung would visit you to say his 'thank you's for the previous meal only to have you lead him into the house, to your kitchen where you both cook another meal together.

The space that he filled in your big, empty house was just what you needed to feel happy once again. Companionship, it turns out, was the main thing you needed, it wasn't the excessive amount of hobbies or the hybrid activist events you participated in - no, it was having Taehyung provide you with a friend you can spend time with and talk to.

It was good for the heart, he had you laughing louder than you ever have before, he fills your chest full of happiness and to a point where you find your self breathless multiple times and, despite needing to get more food every week, you were more than happy to do so. Just knowing that you were making a difference in Taehyung's life was enough in exchange for the difference he brought about in yours. You wanted to be there for him and his family although you've never met them. You wanted to be a person that Taehyung knew he could trust because you would never betray him or give him a reason to lose his faith in you, ever.

You were soon going to prove that to him the night an incandescent storm tormented the woodland surrounding your home.

The roof you had over your head was formidable and could withstand something like this, however, from what you hear Taehyung says in his description of his home, you very much doubt he will be able to resist the howling wind and the pelting bullets of rain. You remember his description consisting of a shallow cave surrounded by soft earth but held strongly together with extensive tree roots. He said that his family only used it for night times when they needed to sleep as it can easily be covered up by foliage and concealed from dangerous predators but he never said anything about the effects a storm may have on his makeshift accomodation.

Worried, you turn on all the lights that surround your house and extend out into the gardens and woodland surrounding you as you step up beside your wall-length windows, squinting at the scene in hopes of catching a glimpse of rounded, orange ears and a stripy tail.

No luck.

You curse and, with anxiousness plaguing your mind, you rush off to find disposable raincoats, enough for you and Taehyung's family. As soon as you're covered up in multiple waterproof attire, you equip yourself with a portable, waterresistant torch and run out the house, shouting for you hybrid friend.

"Taehyung! Where are you?!" helplessness and trepidation are evident in your voice, you just can't bear the thought of Taehyung ever being in danger or injured.

You're attached to him now and you'll be damned if you ever let him slip away because of this.

"Taehyung! Please answer me!" you were beginning to sob but it was in that moment that your ears caught a soft whimpering upon passing a shrub of mismatched greenery, "Taehyung? Is that you?" you call out, doing your best to traverse through the mud as quickly as possible in order to rip away the foliage and uncover a small cave that seemed to have collapsed in on itself.

"Noona, is that you?" a weak voice calls out, leading you to turn the light his direction and finally catch sight of your sweet tiger hybrid.

"Thank goodness you're alright," you breathe a sigh of relief before quickly straightening up, "Taehyung, we need to hurry, tell me where the rest of your family is. Did the mud collapse in on them?" you were already beginning to dig out the tiger hybrid from the mud that had covered up the majority of his lower half.

"Y-yeah but we need to hurry Noona, I don't know if they can st-still breathe under all of it," tears made his eyes glisten which had you frowning and instantly attempting to console him.

"Everything will be alright. I'll make sure that your family is safe but you're going to have to help me, okay, Tiger?" with a nod, Taehyung blinked away his tears and helped you to quickly pull and claw away the mud, uncovering the bodies they concealed.

Thankfully everyone was okay and semi-conscious when you exposed them from the mud, meaning that Taehyung was able to get them dressed into the disposable raincoats you had brought with you. They were all muddy but the fact that they were breathing and awake was a great sign.

From there, you were able to safely lead everyone back to your home. They were shivering, wet, muddy and tracked dirt everywhere but you didn't care. All that mattered to you was that they were safe.

"Th-thank you so much Noona," Taehyung voiced through clattering teeth.

"Don't thank me, Tae," you affectionately gaze up at him, towelling him down as much as you could, "Any decent human being would do what I did," he had no words and even if he did, he was too distracted by the chill on his skin and the wetness of his hair to say anything more.

"Alright, here's what's going to happen," you called for attention as everyone stood barefoot in your living room, out of the storm and dripping muddy water onto your wooden floors, "I have three showers and a bathtub, I can take each of you to one so that you can clean up. I'll make sure you have fresh warm towels to dry up with and some new clothes to put on when you're done. I don't want you getting sick with the flu so make sure to be quick and thorough so that your brothers can hop in as soon as possible, alright?"

They all nod and you set about leading the first four to a shower or bathtub, they will be taking most of your beloved oversized sweatpants and shirts, some in your oversized pajamas but you didn't care - if it could fit them, they were wearing it.

Nobody said anything but they each made diffident attempts at making eye contact with you but none were brave enough to hold your gaze longer than Taehyung and what you assume to be a wolf and another cat hybrid.

The hybrids that were left waiting for a shower or bath were a wolf, another cat, and a bear hybrid. Smiling at them, you instantly put a name to each, Namjoon the wolf, Yoongi the cat (he could have been Jimin but Taehyung made sure to separate the two when describing them to you, according to their temperaments) and Seokjin the bear.

"I'll go and make everyone something warm to drink," you didn't want to make them even more uncomfortable by staying in the same room while they waited for their brothers to finish their baths, "Would you like tea or coffee or hot chocolate?...Maybe a quick soup will suffice?" garnering no significant response, you head off with what made their eyes shine the brightest - soup.

You had been planning to make Tteokguk already so you'll make that for them. It took longer than you expected but you're sure it's because you've been having Taehyung's helping hands recently and had already gotten used to his help in just a week. It amazes you the effect that boy had on your life, making you that much more grateful that the two of you crossed paths the way you did.

It took almost an hour to get the soup cooked and put into large soup mugs. As soon as you stepped back into the living room, everyone had had their shower and were huddled together on two couches. The tray in your hands, carrying 8 soup mugs and various soup spoons and chopsticks, you placed onto the coffee table at the center of the room before you quickly tried to mop up the muddy floor.

"My turn to shower, huh?" you smile softly at them despite no one facing you except Taehyung, "Please have some soup, I promise there's no poison," you chuckle lightheartedly before heading off to take a shower of your own.

You took your time, not only to allow them the interval needed to take in the situation and talk but also to let you process everything that's happened for yourself and attempt to gauge what would be the best course of action to take, heading forward.

The instant you step back into your living room, dressed in your own pajamas and ready to get your own soup mug of Tteokguk, you are met with piercing eyes that made you squeal in surprise.

"I-Is everything okay? Was the soup good?" you manage to utter after settling your racing heart.

"The soup was very yummy Noona, thank you" Taehyung cheers, eliciting a warm smile from you that unknowingly made the other hybrids' breath hitch.

"I'm glad," you make eye contact with the rest, still smiling as you settle for sitting on the floor seeing as there wasn't any more room on the two sofas you had, "is everyone feeling better?" reaching for the last bowl of Tteokguk soup, you take a sip, "if anyone is feeling a cold coming on, please tell me so I can give you some medicine or something to prevent it and make you feel better,"

Silence took place once more, where the hybrids individually tried to put a reason on why you were sitting on the floor and not pushing one of them off the sofa so that there could be a place for you to sit. You're a strange human, the strangest of your kind. And they didn't know whether to be happy or scared.

"Can I ask a question?..." the wolf hybrid speaks up before anyone else.

"You just did," you giggle at his flustered expression, "but of course you can, Namjoon,"

The look of surprise he flashes at the fact that you know his name, Namjoon quickly conceals behind a serious expression and a concentrated gaze straight at you, "why are you doing this for us? We have nothing to give you so don't expect us to do anything we're uncomfortable with just because you asked us to and because you think we owe you something,"

From the corner of your eye, you see Taehyung open his mouth in protest but you speak quicker than him so that no argument ensues between the incongruous family over you, you'd hate to be a reason for a falling out, "I understand your concern and your need to be cautious around me. That's perfectly fine, Taehyung has briefly spoken to me about your misfortunes but I promise that I don't want anything from you,"

"Are you sure about that?" the white cat hisses with all his hair standing on end - this must be Yoongi.

"I promise," your voice is stern and your eyes transparent with truth and only good intentions. Silence follows where you finally let yourself indulge in several sips of Tteokguk. You don't wanna brag but you're a pretty phenomenal cook.

"Th-thank you for taking care of us," another cat hybrid expresses, (this has to be Jimin, his soft eyes and gentle manner being the most telling factor), his strawberry blonde ears that you note the tips of which are folded over, indicating his scottish fold breed and almost makes you coo.

"You're welcome, Jimin," you giggle at the squeak he lets out upon your knowledge of his name, his real name.

"Do you know all of our-...?" Namjoon inquires, his wolf ears pointed to attention at your subsequent nod and following citation of all their names as you make eye contact with each that you mention.

You're amazing to them.

Could a human woman have the potential to be this kind and selfless? Why were they ever deprived of such comfort and protection as newborns? The life they suffered and were forced to go through was something they didn't deserve. Were you their salvation?

"Noona...I know this is a lot to ask-" Taehyung begins only for you to cut him off.

"No it's not Taehyung, you're my friend and I'm more than happy to help you in any way I can,"

More confident in himself, knowing that you consider him a friend, Taehyung asks you if he and his family are able to stay the night.

"You can stay for as long as you want Tae," you see a blossoming blush over the apples of his cheeks when you call him by a nickname he's never heard you call him before. You've called him bub and tiger before but never 'Tae'. It's so endearing to you that you can't help but want to continue calling him that purely just to elicit the same loveable response.

Your big house had five bedrooms in total, including your master bedroom. That left four bedrooms for them to share. Thankfully each bedroom had room enough for two people, each equipped with a king-sized bed with more than enough room for two people to share. This way, everyone (except one) was falling asleep with someone familiar beside them so that they could have an affluent night of rest. The storm was still raging on but under your roof with the heating on, well dressed, smelling clean, and tucked under warm bed sheets, the ruckus of the storm quickly became a lullaby that soothed everyone into a tranquil sleep.

The next morning was slow until everyone got caught up participating in the making of breakfast. It started off with Taehyung, as usual, but the two of you were quickly joined by Seokjin, who balanced out Taehyung's destructive antics in the kitchen.

"Thank god for you, Seokjin," you sigh in relief as Taehyung gasps in offense, "I don't know what would've happened if Taehyung continued being the only person helping me out in the kitchen," you giggle as Taehyung starts going into a strop over no longer being your favourite hybrid in the cooking space. He was able to live, however, because he was happier than anything, knowing that you were finally getting close to one of the most important people in his life.

"Y-you can call me Jin, (Y/N)," the bear hybrid blushes looking down at the pan he was cooking pancakes in as you coo and feed him a blueberry.

Seeking out your attention as well, Jimin quickly makes his way into the kitchen from his observation post in the doorway with Jungkook trailing closely behind him. He wanted to earn your attention too but rather than being fed berries, he was oddly more eager to have you pet him between the ears. With his sweet mannerisms and soft timid charm, you were quick to fall victim to his subtle pleas for pets.

Gradually, everyone made their appearance in the kitchen, seeking to help or your attention, making breakfast a team effort. Even Yoongi made an attempt at the decoration of the pancakes he had on his plate, embellishing his with mountains of whipped cream, berries, and chopped fruit. This swiftly led to a compition of decor.

You were unconsciously selected to be the judge so you found yourself on the other side of the kitchen island, pacing back and forth whilst commenting with faux professionalism on the boys' pancakes.

Despite the chaos in the kitchen atmosphere dragging on breakfast longer than it would usually take, you were happier than ever, your heart full and smile prominent.

In the end, it was Jimin who won you over with his pancake smiley face as Taehyung begged you to reconsider his deserted island in a sea of whipped cream. Even Jungkook was urging for your approval in his delicious demonstration of abstract art.

"I'm sorry Kookie but Jimin remains the winner in my heart of hearts, however," you lean in to whisper into his long black bunny ears, "I can see your Namjoon-hyung staring at your pancake in approval so I think yours is his favourite," you were definitely playing into his want to impress his hyung, but Jungkook didn't care, only smiling brighter despite not holding the title of the winner.

"Thank you for joining me for breakfast, you guys," you blush softly as they smile in return, "I hope this isn't the last time you join me for breakfast..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 10.2K 41
just some fluffy stuff :) here to kill you softly. in which you are your bias's loved one. book is complete&closed permanently šŸ’ž under some final...
513K 26.9K 80
Y/N has a steady job and lives alone, that is, until she tags along with her friend to the shelter. Jimin, Hobi, and Yoongi have been waiting to get...
362K 17.1K 72
You are Yoongi's hybrid starting a new life. Fate keeps putting hybrids in your path that need your love and protection. BTS x Reader Completed 1.11...
923 58 11
š“Æš“Ŗš“½š“® š“±š“Ŗš“¼ š“Ŗ š“Æš“¾š“·š“·š”‚ š”€š“Ŗš”‚ š“øš“Æ š“«š“»š“²š“·š“°š“²š“·š“° š“¹š“®š“øš“¹š“µš“® š“½š“±š“Ŗš“½ š“·š“®š“®š“­ š“®š“Ŗš“¬š“± š“øš“½š“±š“®š“» . š“½š“±š“® š“Æš“Ŗš“½š“® š”€š“Ŗš“¼ š“Ŗš“µš“»š“®š“Ŗš“­ļæ½...