Little Shadows

By LittleNoodleRaven67

You have a twisted life, and you're in an orphanage because you're parents died in a terrible car accident... More

The Tree
Oh Great, Here we Go Again!
Nice Goat Dads and...Imposters?!
Something's a Little...Fishy Here
An Unexpected Surprise
Meeting the Golden Cinnamon Roll
New Friends
Here's the Plan!
Mist, Memories, Mushrooms, and Rats
Lemme Axe You A Question...
The Castle
Knife to Meet You?
Flames and Comfort?
Chara
Er, Batfang the Jerk?
Meeting the Gang
The Backstab
The Book
Dealing With Dreams and Squids
A/n
Birthday
The Dreamscape
Gravitytale or Underfalls?
The Conversation
The Deal
The Mystery Shack
Fear and Shadows
Something Strange
We Meet Again
Sweet Dreams
Behind the Mask
Blossoms of Hope
Forget-Me-Not (Part One)
Forget-Me-Not (Part Two)
Forget-Me-Not (Part Three)

His Name

4.6K 129 394
By LittleNoodleRaven67

"Take my hand..." the skeleton said, reaching out his hand.

I stared at him, confused and shocked at the same time. My mother had warned me not to trust strangers. And this guy JUST MET ME, and he's telling me to HOLD HIS HAND.

"Boi, I don't even know your n-name yet...." I whispered. He did a facepalm and muttered something so low, to which I could not hear.

"Then you'll be afraid," he said. I tilted my head. "N-no I won't! I promise."
For a moment, there was no reply.
"...Nightmare. My name is...Nightmare Sans...." he told me.

BRUH! That is THE most EPIC name EVER! I gave him two thumbs up, and he was shocked.
"Be scared! I AM THE KING OF NIGHTMARES!"
Geez, he must want me to be scared more than I want to myself.
"H-hey!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms. "It's not MY FAULT I like creepy horror stuff!!"

"I mean...it kinda is..." he replied. What? No it isn't! It's like TOTALLY my fricking BRAIN'S FAULT.

"Anyways. I HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE, soooo...." he said, once again offering his hand. As my brain malfunctioned, I thought: OMG!! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU TRYING TO HOLD MY HAND?!
"W-why should I trust YOU? I just M-MET YOU!" Before you even ASK why I STUTTER so much, I have trouble saying words. That's why I HATE talking. Also, I'm just...really shy.

"Please, stop being so irrational," Nightmare said. How does a "bad guy" put up with ME?

I APPARENTLY had no choice but to...take his hand. It felt like holding on to a seal, and I'm not even messing around. He's warm too--NOPE, BRAIN, not now! NOT FRICKING NOW!

Nightmare grinned. "Whatever ya do, kid, do not let go," he said.

Oh noes, what's gonna possibly happen? Being ripped apart by the rifts in between every dimension?

Everything around me swirled. The colors, the tree, just everything. I felt really dizzy, and I almost let go. Hey at least this dude was polite(unlike all the other guys that try to get my attention) and didn't FORCE ME TO hold his hand. He basically just waited for me to make some sort of decision.

We appeared at the St Helen's Library. MY FAVORITE. Shelves and shelves and SHELVES of TOO AMAZING BOOKS surrounded me, and I felt like I was standing in book paradise. I could smell the librarian's warm coffee, the old books(which, you would not believe, smelled amazing), and black licorice. Wait what the crackers? BLACK LICORICE? Oh wait, it was probably just Nightmare. The warm octopus.

I fell backwards onto the little cushion that was behind me.

"Um. (Y/n), get up,"  Nightmare commanded. I lazily grinned. "Leave me alone to DIE...." I exaggerated. Hang on...did I ever mention my name? DID I...? HOLY CRAP HAS HE BEEN STALKING ME?!
Nightmare rolled his eyes and walked off to one of the shelves.

"Okay, Disney Fanatic," he whispered over his shoulder.

Heh, Disney Fanatic? Cool, a new name. One that I TOTALLY LIKE. Whatever, who cares.

Elvis Presley Can't Help Falling in Love played on the librarian's radio, which was mounted on her desk. I had a mental panic attack. No no no! Why this song at this time?! CURSE YOU TIME!! I thought to myself.

And while that amazing song played, too many thoughts raced around my poor skull.

Why was he being nice and NOT brutally murdering me? Why did he help me? Why did he bring me to this library, which I'm only allowed to go to once every other Friday, every other month? And WHY did he hold my hand, when he could have EASILY just SNAPPED his fingers like "snap!" and then "BOOM! We're here, now, kiddo!" WHY COULDN'T HE JUST FRICKIN DO THAT? Not like I had a problem with that or anything. I don't, honest! It's just that...he doesn't seem the type to...like me at first glance.

~~Nightmare's P.OV.~~

I scanned through the isles of books, looking for a certain one.

As I searched, I could feel (Y/n)'s boredom throwing itself all over the walls, as well as her curiosity. What could she possibly be curious about?

Also...how could she be the only human, out of all the ones that I cross paths with, NOT be afraid of me? I didn't even catch a WISP of fear directed from her!

Well...I was her best friend when we were little. She doesn't remember that because of trauma.

She can't possibly remember that. She only remembers that I'm a villain, probably.

And what am I even doing in a library in the first place? Looking for a book.

Why am I not torturing innocents, or making deals with possible recruits? Because I'm bored, have nothing better to do than get a book, and relax like my "friend," Cross, suggested. He told me to stop killing five hundred people per day, and to get a life. Yeah, I grounded him after that. For a month. And...took away his pizza privileges! Ha, he doesn't need to be suggesting things to me when all I want to do is murder everyone while they sleep while they have excruciatingly painful nightmares where they die and die and die and die and die and SO ON.

Speaking of death, what would happen if I killed everyone in this room? What would be (Y/n)'s reaction? Would she hate me like a normal human? Or would she just...nevermind. I don't want to ruin that precious look she always has upon her face--wait OK, that sounded weird, and I want to forget all of it. What is wrong with me? Oh right, a lot of things...

I shook myself out of my thought because I was way too focused on them right now.
In the corner of my eye, I saw this...book. I picked it up, read the title, and opened it.

"You can tell someone is your soulmate if--"

Strange. The rest of the page is torn out. What is it supposed to say? Was it written like that? Maybe I should take this book back with me to the castle and find out. I'll just make sure that none of the others find it, because that would be bad. Really bad.

~~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~~

I layed on the floor, waiting for someone to bore me even more. Which wasn't gonna happen because Nightmare was in front of me, standing with a book in his arm.

"WHAT! You're still here?" Nightmare whisper-yelled.

"What! I was only here for, like, ten minutes!" I snapped.

"...Um...(Y/n)...it's 5:45 pm!"

HOLY WHAT NOW?! It's THAT late? Well, nice to meet ya man, but I GOTTA GO! I quickly got to my feet, ready to legit sprint out the doors like Sonic himself.

"Wait."

I slowly turned my head toward him, still in my still-running pose.
"Y-yeah?" I stammered, twirling my fingers within my hair.

"Why didn't you leave?" He asked. Oh what fun! The question game. AGAIN! Really though, this guy asks a lot of questions. Just like I do!

"Um...I'm lazy?" I replied. He just stared at me, his cyan eye empty with emotion, not replying.
"W-what's that book y-you have there?"

...No reply.

I had to peek at his book. It was in maroon leather casing. In fancy gold lettering, it read:

Soulmates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 72 18
For some reason, Ink, the Creator and Protector of the Sans AUs, has decided that some of the Sanses of the Multiverse should go to highschool again...
10.9K 510 50
You've lived your life without ever knowing your parents. Despite that you dream big because you don't have much; aiming to become a famous singer an...
243K 5.3K 31
Your life is miserable. Lets just put it at that. Your parents died at the age of 3, your foster parents abuse you, you are ridiculed at school, and...
1.2K 76 57
Just a story about my undertale au fan character you can say my oc too whatever it would be a bit cringe and character gonna get really op in stor...