Reincarnated

By DaughteroArtemis

Life isn't easy when you are reborn as the twin of Percy Jackson. Especially when you know his fate. More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 1

11.6K 335 110
By DaughteroArtemis

"Hey John, I'm leaving! Make sure you file in the new books we got." I stated as I quickly clocked myself out and started the walk back home from my job at the library. I loved reading the books and getting new ideas. That's why I chose to take an internship at the library. It was a perfect fit for me. Even if I am only 12.

I took out my phone and scrolled through songs. Once I chose a song I stuck my earbuds in my ears. I turned left at the street light and started to cross a bridge on my way home. I was so engrossed in the music I barely heard the shouts but I quickly discarded them as regular city behavior. 

I was halfway across the bridge when I heard honking. I turned and saw a giant truck careening straight towards me. I started to run but I wasn't fast enough. It caught me in its grasp and pulled me off the side of the bridge with it. As we plummeted toward the water below us I held my breath. 

We hit the water hard. I almost gasped letting go of the air I had, but I didn't. The truck was weighing me down, not letting me swim around. I was trapped between the truck and the coral on the seafloor and my lungs were starting to burn.

I struggled to wriggle myself out of my predicament but I didn't have the strength to pull a 10,000-pound truck off of me while underwater and rapidly losing oxygen. Still, I fought, hoping that someone might be able to help me.

My throat burned and suddenly the instinct to open my mouth and breath became too much. I gasped, letting go of all the air I had, drinking in water. I choked on it, trying to shove all the water pr off muy system. The edges of my vision started darkening. I tried with all my might to get back to the surface.

Finally, my vision went completely black as I lost consciousness.

Sometime later I woke up. Not literally, but I heard voices around me. At first, I thought that I was in the hospital and that I just didn't have enough energy to wake up, but then I realized that: first of all, I couldn't move any part of my body, secondly, I just died, there is no way to come back from that, and finally, there was someone else right next to me. 

I felt a hand touch me, except it was not normal but it was soft, smooth and the fingers were not long enough to be an adult's. I tried to move my hands but found they were the same. Either they were normal-sized or we were both tiny. 

Maybe I haven't died just yet and my brain is hallucinating this whole place I'm in, trying to make me feel happy during my death and not sad.

I thought of other situations that I could be in, but for all the books I read they were not helping me out with this. Okay, where am I? This warm, comfy place. I heard a woman's voice from outside of here. I tried to listen as best I could but the words were slurred through the walls around us (me and the other person in here). I caught a few: baby, boy, and fate.

Ok! I think I'm a baby. But I didn't I just die? I guess I reincarnated. I was reborn and the other person here is my twin? Ok, ok. I just died and then was reincarnated. Yep, everyone does this on a regular basis when they die. This is just a normal thing. Help! 

After some time (you can't tell time here in my mother's womb) I felt a tightness around me. I realized that I was about to be born, and I don't want to make this any harder for whoever my mother is. She already has to give birth to two children so I didn't want to make it any harder for her. With that in mind, I didn't make any fuss when it came to my turn to come out before my twin.

As I came out a bright light attacked me. I tried to open my eyes and found that I was being held by the person who I would assume is my new mother. A few minutes later my twin came out. I grabbed my twin and tried to get a good look at my mother.

Suddenly a swishing noise caught my attention. I turned my head to see that a man was walking toward us.

"They are beautiful, Sally," he said. Sally, that's our mother's name. 

"I know Poseidon, I wonder what to name them." Poseidon? His parents must have loved greek mythology. "I was expecting the boy so I think Perseus will do good for him. He will have a happy ending. But what should I name the girl? I hadn't prepared for having a baby girl as well."

Sometime during the conversation, the nurses had left to give the two parents privacy. "Never in my thousands of years walking earth have I had a demigod daughter, twins sure, but not a daughter. The Fates have blessed me with a daughter." 

Wait! Thousands of years?! Fates?! Is this the real Poseidon? Poseidon, the god of the seas, is my father?! And Perseus, isn't that Percy's full name? Oh my god, no gods, I was just reborn as Percy's twin sister! Into a book series! That's supposed to be fiction! Calm down me, deep breath in and a deep breath out. In, out, in, out, in, out, there you go.

Okay, my dad's a greek god and I have been reincarnated into a book series. Right after I died. And was reincarnated. With my memories. This is just a perfectly normal day. But, you know what? My mom's life is already going to be a hassle with Percy, I don't want to make more trouble for her. I'm going to be the best that I can be for her.

"Diana. That's her name. Diana and Perseus Jackson."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 1K 38
Even though she was lost in the world, she wasn't lost at heart. Andromeda Jackson, the long lost sister of Percy Jackson. Unlike Percy, she didn't g...
829 22 21
I've been in more orphanages in my lifetime then friends I have. I was in one from when I was born until I was about 6 when I ran away permanently an...
34.3K 542 20
On a random day after you both turn 18, you switch bodies with your soulmate. Annabeth, however, didn't expect her partner to be the green-eyed son o...
227K 2.6K 38
-ORIGINAL WORK- Perseus Jackson is reborn. And no, he doesn't get a new body. But his life changes. Not only he is unpredictable, but so his is style...