Still You, Just You

By ladykika09

Description: Dara is a damsel who when falls in love give her all. Donghae is a hero who is kind hearted and... More

. i .
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Hero
Chapter 3: The Damsel
Chapter 4: Hopeless
Chapter 5: Uljima
Chapter 6: Consequences
Chapter 7: With You
Chapter 8: One Day
Chapter 9: Park Family
Chapter 10: Past and Present
Chapter 11: First Step
Chapter 12: New People
Chapter 14: The End of Us
chapter 15: Snowy Day
Chapter 16: It's Her
Chapter 17: His Only Valentine
chapter 18: BFFs
Chapter 19: Nothing Else To Hide
Chapter 20: Uh Oh We're in Trouble
Chapter 21: Leader VS Diva
Chapter 22: Missing You
Chapter 23: Always Here For you
Chapter 24: Phone Call
Chapter 25: Remember
Chapter 26: Jealousy
Chapter 27: Your Light
Chapter 28: D-Day
Chapter 29: Are You Ready?
Chapter 30: Love Quarrel
Chapter 31: It Starts with That Kiss
Chapter 32: My Confession
Chapter 33: Love At the Wrong Time
Chapter 34: Far Away
Chapter 35: Boy Trouble
Chapter 36: A Little Closer
Chapter 37: You and I Together
Chapter 38: Selfish Wish
Chapter 39: This Moment
Chapter 40: I'm Falling
Chapter 41: The Plan
Chapter 42: Menboong
Chapter 43: What Is Right
Chapter 44: Our Official Label
Chapter 45: Bad Boy
Chapter 46: This Isn't It
Chapter 47: Before The Storm
Chapter 48: Confused Heart
Chapter 49: Hold On
Chapter 50: A Smile in Your Heart
Chapter 51: Shut Up, You're Mine
Chapter 52: Letting Go
Chapter 53: 1 + 1 = ?
Chapter 54: Shake Up
Chapter 55: Love, Trust & Choices
Chapter 56: The Chosen Path
Chapter 57: What If
Chapter 58: After Some Time
Chapter 59: In The End
Chapter 60: Still You
Chapter 61: Just You
Chapter FINAL: Always You
Author's Note

Chapter 13: Him Her Him

2.5K 51 1
By ladykika09

“According to our judges… the winner is…..”

Ken taps the counter fast as a drumroll. Dugudugudugudugudugudugu…

He looks at everyone then raises his hand pointing at the winner “Dara!!!”

“UGH!!!!!!!!” Goon cries.

Dara smiles shadily upon hearing her name, she really wished to win so badly. But despite her win she still stood there quietly while Goon starts going around the kitchen.

“Congratulations” Donghae whispers, standing next to her and clapping.

“Is he gonna be okay?” she asks.

Ken and Dana goes to comfort Goon in the corner, he seem to be really upset.

“Yeah. He’s usually like that, he just really gets so fired up into his cooking that defeats like this kinda is a deal” Donghae takes some cheese fries to his mouth. “You were that good”

She scoffs as she pulls the apron off and folds it in her hands. “I was just lucky I guess and motivated… If there was stock of the herbs he needed then I won’t stand a chance”

“Don’t be like that. Your dish is delicious too”

“Really?” Dara looks at him, pleased. He nods his head but he happens to have some marks of cheese fries on his face.

“Oh. You got something on your…” she pointed.

Donghae tries to wipe it away with his hand, but because it was tainted with cheese fries too, the marks have doubled.

Dara chuckles. “Here let me”

She faces him and gently wipes the folded apron on his face.

Donghae completely turned into a stone.

She was too oblivious and kindly helped him, but after a few moments more then she come to realize how sufficiently awkward the situation is, she quickly removed her hands away from him. “I’m sorry”

“Uh. It’s okay” He says looking away. He tries to cover up through eating more cheese fries acting as if nothing happened but God knows he’s blushing.

What the hell, Dara? What were you thinking? Dara thought, feeling tormented by her action. What if he thinks like I’m flirting? Oh my God.

She looked the other way. Both shy and uneasy, but the other three glances at each other wearing such wide grins on their faces.

“So about that deal” Ken cries, with his index finger up.        

Donghae gave him quite a glare.

Before the showdown started, a simple bet has been brought up to the table. No it wasn’t simple at all.

“If we win, Dara will share her story.” Everyone’s eyes turned to Goon, curious of what he meant by that. “Her lovelife. She will tell us why she’s heart broken.”

Dara wore such a worried expression when she heard that, Dana smacks his head once again. “What is wrong with you?”

“I’m just making this battle more exciting and interesting”

“Can’t you think of anything else. You’re only scaring her off”

“Nope.  The items are final. If you quit you lose automatically” Goon smiles. “Mine isn’t easy too. But I’m ready”

“Wait… what happens if I win?”

This is totally unfair. Very. Donghae grunts as they gather back out to the dining area. Why am I even a part of this? He thought.

“It’s your idea… Now do it” Dana scoffs with her arms crossed.

Don’t you dare. Donghae says fiercely through his eyes.

Goon laughs anxiously. He knows he’s in big trouble now, but he likes the idea to tease his boss and make him a bit uncomfortable.

Obviously it’s working on so many levels.

“Are you sure you’re agreeing to this, he can do a better pay up. Ask him whatever he’ll do it”

“Stop it, Hae~ Of course she wants to know, she’s curious” Ken teases.

“Aish. I don’t know anymore.” Donghae ticks. He scratches the back of his head, a sign that he really is frustrated.

Dara smiles and stands up. “It’s okay guys, there’s no need to tell me.”

“What?” Goon and Ken asked simultaneously. “Don’t you really want to know the name of the girl Donghae likes? Didn’t you say you’re curious???”

“I am. I am.” She glances at Donghae, he clearly isn’t comfortable with the situation. She doesn’t want to put him in an off mood or make them lose their job just for one deal. Dara smiles then checks her watch. “But I really have to leave now”

“Are you sure?”

Dara agrees and calls the night to end.

After bidding farewell to the three, Donghae and her starts to walk the empty streets towards the main road. It was late night, time when most people go to bed.

The weather’s bitterly cold and breezy, feels like it’s a snowy day when it’s not.

“Ayoo… It’s cold” she cries while she rubs her arms. Donghae quickly unzips his jacket to lend her but she stops him right away. “Aniyo… It’s okay. If you give me that you’ll be cold too. I’m alright”

He no longer insisted, instead he just lifts his head up and observed the sky.. “It must be snowing anytime soon.” There are no stars above, all covered by clouds. “A final blow before winter ends… Yes! I like snowy days!”

“Awee. Me too.” Dara says.

“Even if it’s really cold, and some Super Junior doesn’t like it, there’s something about it that’s very calming”

“Exactly” she says, embracing Haeru for warmth. Her short replies make him feel like she’s upset.

“Are you disappointed because you didn’t get to know her name?”

She hums in question then he enlightens her on the matter.

“Aniyo… IIt's true ’m curious but I don’t want to force you on telling if you don’t want to” Dara says while looking down to her feet. “And I’m pretty sure one day you will tell me eventually”

Her words didn’t make him feel any better though, it was more on the pressuring side. Is this the right time to tell the truth and confess?

“Don't fret, it’s not my primary aim to know anyway, it was just a perk. My real aim is to win and avoid talking about Jiyong…”

"Why? You don’t want to talk it with them? They can really help you, you know”

“It’s not that… In fact, they are really interesting people and you were right to introduce them to me”

“See I told you! It’s easy to make friends.”

“That’s an exception. They’re just really friendly and kind”

He laughs. “Aniyo… You just have to break that wall you have around you once in a while…”

The scene of earlier came back. GD’s words, his frustrations… he’s having such a hard time because of her. All this time she only thinks about herself, she didn’t even consider what he might be feeling. “I just don’t want to drag new people to my drama again"

A cab finally showed up before them. But instead of riding, Dara still stood there and stared at it. The day has been so well, she totally forgot the things she left at home. And now seeing the cab reminds her she has to go back and face reality again. Am I ready?

She faces him. “How about another round around the block?”

Donghae chuckles softly. “You better talk to him, noona”

“But…”

“If you want to completely move on, you should face him. Avoiding him won’t solve anything” He moves closer to her and pulls her hoodie lower to hide her face. “Don’t worry you’re going to be fine”

Dara forces a smile despite her gloomy feeling. She’s really grateful to have Donghae by her side. If he didn’t show up earlier, who knows how she would be able to escape her unintentional eavesdropping.

“See you soon?” Donghae says as he closes the car door for her.

“Hope so…” she peeks her head out the window. “Thank you for today, had a great time”

“I'm glad you did. Call me once you’ve arrived”

She nods.

Right when he thinks things are well tonight, she then would be remembered of GD.

Well it’s GD after all, I can never look up to that… All I can do now is assure her I’m here for her.

He stayed there for a few more moments, All of a sudden, in the midst of silence, one came running and shouted.

“HAAEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!”

Donghae came into a shock when he heard the voice. The person jumps high and lands on his back.

“I knew it! You were with Dara!”

****

Dara’s POV

The time I got back in the YG building, it was late. But I’m surprised that almost everyone is still there and gave me a welcome I wasn’t expecting to receive.

“Dara!!!!” They all cried then 2NE1 came running to me.

What is going on?

“OH GOD WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!?” Bommie says hugging me.

“Sorry if I missed the practice” I said looking confusingly at Chaerin.

“The practice was cancelled. The entire company was going nuts looking for you.” She says. “Are you okay?”

Going nuts looking for me? Why?

That’s when Dara remembered. She just went out to the store shortly in a practice break, then suddenly disappeared with no cellphone and bag… naturally people would really think something bad happened to her.

Crap.

“You scared us all!” Bom exclaimed.

“What happened to you, unnie?” Minzy says worriedly.

What excuse should I give now? Should I tell the truth? Or should I say I got robbed? I needed to use the bathroom really quick? There was an emergency? What?

“I…I…uhm…”

“Dara Noona!!!” Seungri calls out.

Big Bang was at the end of the hallway, standing directly to us, all wearing such worried looks, except for Jiyong, he looks furious.

Not even a tad worried?

He walked faster than the rest, and when he got to me, like I supposed he would he started yelling and scolding me…

“Do you know what time it is!? You didn’t even call! How can you go out leaving your cellphone behind? Do you know how much you worried everyone!? The entire company was going nuts looking for you!”

“I’m sorry… I---”

In front of everybody else, he pulled me closer and hugged me, tightly.

“Thank God you’re safe. You fcking scared me…”

I was wrong. He did care. Right when I think he no longer cares about me. I completely felt his longing and worry through his words. They were all sincere and true.

This warmth…

It’s been a while since I felt this. My heart rushes once again. My face submerged on his shoulders as I hug him back tightly.

“I’m sorry” I whispered back.

…I miss him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 342 35
A girl who was about to be fallen apart because she can't still moved on she still loves him inspite of being seperated for 5 years now. Her friends...
57.2K 1K 26
"he is mean, arrogant, and evil I hate him and I wish he disappear, he makes my life even worse than it already is," you said before he became the lo...
624K 27.3K 34
A girl named, Park Aira had an accident and she woke up in a new look, new surroundings, new people and a new life. Knowing that a demon saved her...
71.9K 2.1K 31
Dara is a 33 year old corporate officer of the top TV Station in the country. She have everything any career woman dreamed to have. Except a lovelife...