And then they were gone..

By skyyyolaa

More

He was just a man who ripped out everyone and everything I love away from me.

17 0 0
By skyyyolaa

                There was screaming from my parents’ room. I ran as fast as I could and saw a man stabbing my mother. Blood was splashing everywhere.

            “Oh my god, Mom! NO! Dad, HELP!” I screamed.

            The man dropped my mother on the floor and came slowly towards me. I didn’t moved, all I did was stare at my mother’s body with tears in my eyes. Then the man held me tight.

            “Please, don’t kill me,” I sobbed.

            “Oh love, don’t you cry. Everything’s going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay that because it’s not the end yet,” replied the man with a laugh.

            “Dad?” I said

            “Hmmmmm..” hummed the man.  ‘BANG!’ The man hit me against the wall. Then I blacked out.

 I woke up and blood was all over me. I got up and ran downstairs and found the police force and the detectives. I was confused.

            “You must be Dylan King. I’m detective Harper. We’re here because someone called and said there’s been a murder in this house, again,” said the detective. “What exactly happened last night?”  

 “I heard my mom scream so I ran into the room to see what was happening, and all I saw was a man stabbing my mom. Then when I got he came towards me and the next minute he hit me against the wall,” I replied. “I don’t know who he is because he was all covered in black.”

            “Where was your dad? Was he there?” asked detective Harper.

            “He was home, this evening. I even saw him before I went into my room. It was about an hour before I heard my mom screamed. But I didn’t see him after. Do you think my father’s the killer?” I replied.

            “What makes you think that, dear?” asked detective Harper.

            “The man didn’t kill me and he sort of sounded like my father,” I replied.

            “There’s not much evidence, but for now Mr. King is the suspect. Like you said, he didn’t kill you. There must be a reason why he didn’t kill you,” said detective Harper. “We’ll see what we can find and for now you’re going to live with your Aunt Alexander. Okay, Dylan?”

            “Okay,” I replied. Soon, detective Harper came holding a picture. It was a picture of me and my bestfriend Nate.

            “Does this photo look familiar to you?” asked detective Harper.

            “Yes, it’s me and Nate. We are bestfriends and this picture is kept in a frame on the desk beside my bed,” I replied. “Can I go to my bedroom?”

            “Sure, dear,” said detective Harper with a smile.

            I went into my bedroom and found my mirror broken and a bit a blood was stained there. The man must’ve hit it and gotten a cut, I thought. Then I saw the photo. It was at its usual place. No damage was done to it. I know there were only two copies of the photo. One was mine and the other was Nate’s. Then I saw fingerprints with blood on it. The killer must’ve looked at it. And the same picture with Detective Harper holding was covered in blood too. But how is it possible that the two copies of the photo were in my house while one of them must be with Nate.

            “Dylan, Your Aunt is here. I think you should go with her. We’ll inform you everything, don’t worry. You’re gonna be fine. I know you’ve through a lot. You lost your sister and now your parents are dead. Everything’s gonna be okay,” said detective Harper.

            That night, Nate phoned me and said, “Hey. Is everything okay? Do you need to talk? I’m here for you.”

            “I’m fine, I guess. I just need some time alone,” I said.

             “Yes, of course. Everything’s gonna be okay, you know” he replied. Then I hung up.

            After a few weeks later, I went back to school. And I was living back at my house with my aunt. The first day I got back to the house, I was really terrified. Thoughts kept hitting me that what if the killer comes back. Then that night, I heard a scream from my parents’ room. It was midnight. I went into my parents’ room, turned on the lights, but there was no one. Not even a sight of a shadow

            “Stop it, Dylan, stop thinking. You’re just hallucinating,” I said to myself. “They’re gone. They’re never coming back.”

            The next morning, I went to school. I was really depressed. I didn’t talk to my friends or Nate. And then suddenly I said, “What happened to the picture we took at Spring Formal dance, Nate?”

            “Ummm.. it’s at home, beside my bed. Why did you ask?” he replied in confusion.

“There are only two copies of it, right?” I asked.

            “Yea, but I thought your dad wanted one too so he copied it, didn’t he?” he replied. I knew he was lying.

            “He didn’t tell me anything about it. He doesn’t even care about the picture,” I said quizzically.

            “OH, he told me, maybe he forgot to tell you,” he said.

The day went fine. At science period I sat next to Nate and saw a big cut on his hand. That reminded me of the broken mirror.

“What happened?”I asked curiously.

“Oh, this? Heh I just got scratched by a broken mirror. Clumsy me,” replied Nate with a laugh.  I thought somehow Nate could be connected to this case. But I forget it because I knew Nate would never do such bad things. When I got home, detective Harper was there.

            “Oh good, you’re here. You’re not going to like this, but I have to tell you. You know that the killer used a dagger to kill your mom, right?” asked detective Harper.

            “Yes, the killer even aimed it at my stomach with it before he hits me against the wall,” I replied.

            “The fingerprints on the dagger match your sister’s fingerprints,” said detective Harper.

            “What do you mean? My sister wasn’t there when the killing happened! She’s dead! She died in an accident two months ago,” I cried. Detective Harper looked at Aunt Alexander

            “Let me finish the sentence, Dylan. But we think the killer is your father,” added Detective Harper.

            “There are things that you don’t know, Dylan,” soothed Aunt Alexander. “Your sister didn’t die in an accident. She was killed just like your mother was, but your father was the first one to know that Rachel was murdered. Your Dad went out the night Rachel was killed and he came home late at night. And he said that someone called him and said Rachel was killed.”

            “And according to what I’d researched, the dagger is the same one that was used to kill your mother,” added detective Harper.

            “NOOOO! This can’t be happening!” I cried. Then detective Harper’s phone rang. 

            “They found your father. They said he’s badly wounded. We must hurry,” said detective Harper.  We got to the detective department and found my dad.

“I didn’t kill your mother or Rachel, I swear. I swear, Dylan. I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you. Please understand me. Someone set me up!” he exclaimed.  Tears quickly filled up my eyes. He looked so innocent, but there was too much evidence telling me that my father was the killer. Tears streamed down my face and I couldn’t take it anymore. I called Nate and told him I needed to talk to him. I told him to meet me at the garage. When I got there he was there waiting for me. It was like he was the closest to a family I’ve left. I’d never needed him like I needed him then.

“What’s the matter? God! Are you okay?” he asked worriedly.

“My father is the killer. But I think he’s innocent,” I sobbed.

“Oh love, don’t you cry. Everything’s going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay that because it’s not the end yet,” he soothed me as he came towards me and held me in his arms.

Those words and that voice, the way he holds me. It felt it like the same way the killer held me. The same tone and the exact same words as the killer spoke. I suddenly, moved back from his arms and I looked at him. He was smiling.

 “What the hell?” I cried. Then tears streamed down my face. As I left him, thoughts hit me, Is Nate the killer? He can’t be. I ran back to Detective Harper and as I arrived, I told her maybe Nate was the killer not my father.

“Where is he?” she asked.

“I left him at the garage on Northumberland Street,” I answered.  “Where’s dad?” I asked.

“He’s at the hospital with Aunt Alexander. Second Floor Room 209,” she replied.  “I’ll have to check on Nate too. I found some evidence that lead to him too, but no one knows this yet.” Then she left. I took a cab to the hospital, it was the traffic time. When I got to the hospital, I searched for my dad’s room. At last, I found it between all the commotion. I peeked through the window and found Aunt Alexander on the chair, the dagger stuck in her neck. I looked at my dad. Someone had suffocated him with the pillows. It was the same man.

“STOP IT!” I yelled.

 “Nate’s not killer,” shouted Detective Harper from the hallway.

“I can’t open the door! Help. He’s suffocating dad!” I cried. Then suddenly he disappeared and the door unlocked. I ran inside and both Aunt Alexander and my dad were dead.

“How many more do I have to lose the people I love?” I cried. Then, Nate came in running. The nurses and the doctors came hurriedly in.

“HEY! What happened?” he asked worriedly.

“They’re both dead,” answered Detective Harper.

“I want you to leave, Nate. Please leave!” I cried.

“Okay okay,” he replied. He left and detective Harper came near me and I stood up tears streaming down my face.

 “I’ll let the police clean this mess up. You’re going home with me. The killer framed the people you love as the villain,” whispered detective Harper. I was quiet all the way back home. I couldn’t sleep that night, too much has happened in a short period of time.

The next morning, I went to school. I didn’t talk much. I didn’t see Nate. His seat was empty. I wondered where he was. After school, Nate called me and said, “You are never going to see him again. And then they were gone…”

It wasn’t his voice. It was the killer’s. That was the moment when my life falls apart into pieces.  He was never seen again. The killer, it was like he disappeared into air. He was just a man who ripped out everyone and everything I love away from me.

Continue Reading