The NEW Girl

Por mimixoxo821

Scarlett Johnson is the new girl. She recently moved from Los Angela's, California to Concord, Massachusetts... Más

Chapter 1

3 0 0
Por mimixoxo821

My stupid alarm wakes me up five minutes earlier than it always should and that's five minutes of sleep I can never get back.

"SCARLET GET UP YOU DONT WANT TO BE LATE ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!"

"OK MOM!"

I get out of bed and checked the time school starts at 7:30 and it was 6:10, so stretch out of my far to comfortable bed and went into the bathroom and took a long shower to try and wake myself up.

...

When I finished, I dried myself off wrapping te towel around myself befoe brushing my teeth, put on my deodorant, blow drying my hair, putting it in a ponytail and finally putting on my outfit.

My high waisted black skinny jeans, my white ribbed sweater, and it was autumn time in Massachusetts, basically my favorite time of the year, not too cold and not too hot, the beautiful fall scenery, pumpkin spice lattes, fall is great.

I sighed pulling myself out of my thoughts as I finished up my outfit of the day with a green colored jacket and my signature brown suede boots, for makeup I kept it natural with, mascara, brows and a dash of red lip tint. With one final glance at the mirror, I went back to my room grabbed my phone and wallet and descended down the stairs of my new home.

"Good morning "

"Morning mom, where is dad?"

" He had to go to work early so he left already but he left you $20 bucks for lunch and breakfast " my mom said handing me the money

"Alright I gotta go don't want to be late"

"Ok honey, see you at 6:00"

"Ok, love you"

"Love you more"

And with that I swung my book bag over my shoulders and grabbed the keys to my baby, a Beetle, from the 1980s. She didn't look the best but she was my pride and joy.

As I was taking that short stroll towards my car from my front door I glanced to the left of me and saw a boys coming out of their house, and as all neighbors do, we both turned at each other, smiled, and waved. When I made direct eye contact with him I was taken back. He was gorgeous. Those were the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes I had ever seen.

Adverting my gaze to my car, I got inside and took a deep breath and thought to myself, Well he was cute, but thats never gonna happen, and took off in the direction of my new school.
.
.
.
.
.

The ride to school was silent I didn't bother to turn on the radio due to my raging nerves.

Taking a deep breath I gotout of the car while grabbing my book bag from the passenger side and locked it. Heading towards the direction of the school. As I walked towards the faded red metal doors, I could feel the gazing eyes and hear the silent whispers of the students near by, probably wondering, whose the new girl.

I arrived to the office and was greeted by a really nice lady, she looked to be about 60 years old and offered me a bright grin as she began to speak.

"Hello there how may I help you"

"Hi, can I please get my schedule I am a new student."

"Of course sweetie what is your name?"

"My name is Scarlett Johnson"

"Alright just wait here for me please, I'll go fetch that for you."As the sound of her heels started drifting away, my eyes wandered across the room scanning it from head to toe. The office space was a gloomy beige color and the surrounding desks and cabinets looked pretty warn out, but odly enough the small splash of fall decor and the pictures of faculty, staff, and students along the walls gave the office a slight welcoming feel.

"Here you go sweetheart." The office lady said as she returned from the hallway.

"I am sending Ashton with you so he can guide you to your classes and don't worry I bet you will find friends in this school in no time, welcome to Spartan Senior High."

My face flushed with gratitude, she was so sweet.

"Thank you so much......."

"Oh" she laughed "Its Mrs.M"

"Ok, well thank you Mrs.M have a nice morning."

"No Problem, Ashton should be coming in about" she looked at her watch and then looked at me and said "two minutes so you can sit on the couch and wait for him if you'd like."

"Will do, thank you."

"No problem honey"

I took out my phone to check the time and it was already 7:20. Wow time flies, I only have ten minutes to get to class.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by a handsome man walking into the office with a black crown that was decorated red, white, and black, with the word SENIOR written across the top. As soon as he entered the office he surprisingly shouted with so much enthusiasm "Good morning y'all! Mrs.M to what do I awe this pleasure, you are looking awfully beautiful today." He was so loud he completely startled me. His forwardness caused me to silently giggle to myself, he was pretty funny.

"Good morning Ashton, please keep your voice down." Mrs. M couldn't help but chuckle "Can you please help Ms.Johnson over here and show her to her locker and her first class, I'm pretty sure she has a similar schedule to yours so I hope it shouldn't be a problem."

"Alright, but were is she" Ashton said looking around the office until his warm Amber eyes met my hazel ones. He gave me a smile and I returned a nervous one.

Ashton walked towards me and held out his hand to help me up, I grabbed it and he pulled me up.

"My name is Ashton but you can call me Ash for short I'm going to help you find your classes if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me." He said with a sweet smile, he had the most adorable grin ever his dimples made him look so cute when he smiled.

My face flushed as I quietly replied "Hi, I'm Scarlett." My eyes diverted to the floor as I shook his hand, my heart started pounding, I wasn't used to being in close contact with a guy, back in Cali my friends were only girls since I attended an all girls school.

"Well nice to meet you Carly, now come on you don't want to be late on your first day"

"Alright " I grabbed my book bag and stuffed my phone inside my jean pocket as Ashton grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the direction of another steel red door from the opposite side from where I entered.

"Bye, Mrs. M, have a wonderful morning!" Ashton yelled at her as he rushed into the hallway with me quickly trailing behind.

The hall ways were now extremely full with people rushing in all sorts of directions. Some flashed me smiles,while others ignored me and walked on to their first class. Wow there are so many kids here.

After twisting and turning down all sorts of unfamiliar hallways, Ashton finally stopped in front of one with red chipped paint and the number 821 on it. "Ok so here is you locker and your next class is over there" he said pulling me out of my thoughts and pointing in the direction of a royal blue door.

"Ok, thanks see you in class" I flushed one final time, I didn't want to keep him from arriving on time to his first class on the first day of school. It would make me feel bad.

"Ya welcome, see you in third and fifth period, I'll make sure to save you a seat so you can sit with me." he said waiving me good buy and disappearing into the crowd of students.

I opened my locker stuffed my book bag inside of it, taking a mental note to pass by Target after school to buy some supplies and decorations for it to make it my own.

Grabbing my note book, a blue pen and my phone from inside my book bag I quickly zipped it up and checked the time. I only had 4 minutes left. Yikes definitely lost track of time. I put my phone in my back pocket and quickly walked toward the door Ashton pointed out to me.

I opened the door and thank goodness there was only 3 kids in there, I was expecting so many more people due to the amount of students that crowded the hallways. Silently, walking towards the teachers desk and I murmureda quick and timid "Hi I'm the new student, Scarlett Johnson, I was wondering if you had any text books for me since I wasn't able to attend the school orientation."

"Hi Scarlett, I'm Mr. Styles. Here is your text book and worksheets from their summer reading, you can take as much time as you need to finish the assignments because I know there is  a lot, but I do recommend you start quickly because if not you may fall behind, we are in chapter 4 of the text book, but I would like you to read from chapter 1 to four and do all the work is assigned at the end of eaxh chapter since the students were also assigned to finish that during the summer. I'm so sorry I've bombarded you with all of this on your first day. I can see the stress and dread swirling in your tired eyes."he said while giving me a huge text book and a thousand packets accompanied with it.

"You may sit next to Michael. Michael can you please raise your hand" he said and the boy who was sat in the back of the classroom with dark blue died hair and headphone in his ears reluctantly raised his hand.

"Thank you" I exasperated as i blew out a deep breath, struggling to carry all of what he gave me while walking towards my seat. Who the hell decides it was a good idea to give this much homework as a summer reading assignment. What the heck.

I sat down and flipped through the pages of the textbook and various packets.

How going to do this.

I turned towards Michael and contemplated on introducing myself. He looked very closed off but I decided to take a chance.

"Hi I'm Scarlett." I said

Michael had turned around and looked me, shocked that I was talking to him. He took off his hood and I studied his face. He had light green eyes, dark blue hair, a brow piercing, and these bright cherry colored lips.

"Michael" he said and stuck out his arm for me to shake. I gave him a smile and shook his hand. He chuckled and suddenly we were both engaged in a deep conversation where we found out a lot about each other, he told me a lot. He absolutely loves pizza, while I'm more of a ziti kinda girl and a bunch of other stuff until the bell rung signaling that class started.

"Let's finish our conversation during lunch, ok"

"Ok Michael" I said and turned my body around so that I was facing the board. I was so engaged in the conversation with Michael that I barley noticed how full the class was until now.

"Ok class today we will go over World War II and what it did to our country so if you don't mind can you all please open your textboo-"

He was cut short when the door opened and two students walked in breathing extremely heavy.

"Sorry Mr.S my books fell out of my locker when the bell rung and Calum helped me pick them up" The more I studied his face the more I realized that one of them was the neighbor of mine I encountered this morning.

What a small world.

---------------------------------

That is the first chapter of my story , I hope you guys liked it, it's kind of boring but it will get better I hope. Also I kninda wrote this book a hella long time ago, so idk its prolly not gonna be that good, anyways lmk what you all think.

Qotd: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Aotd: Lemon sorbet

Hope you guys have a good day.
-mimi

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.2M 47.4K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
136K 6.2K 26
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1M 18.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
360K 10.9K 89
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...